+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

Alright243

Nov 14, 2020
Based on the complaints here. I really don’t understand why this office takes so long in processing. Even before covid. Is it that they’re perhaps waiting on applicants country for things? Maybe they communicate with the country itself? Or do they get information from border security? It just doesn’t make sense how things work there. We are May 2020 applicants and it seems we’re in for another 2yrs of waiting

BOSOXNATION

Nov 14, 2019
Based on the complaints here. I really don’t understand why this office takes so long in processing. Even before covid. Is it that they’re perhaps waiting on applicants country for things? Maybe they communicate with the country itself? Or do they get information from border security? It just doesn’t make sense how things work there. We are May 2020 applicants and it seems we’re in for another 2yrs of waiting
My wife and son from Cuba . Been waiting since nov 2018 Mexico is a disaster .

Reactions: onelove1

mrgarvin

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Dear all. Any help will be appreciated. I am Canadian citizen that was living with my spouse and child outside of Canada (Trinidad). We applied for Outland spousal for my spouse in dec 2019 and SA came very quickly and shorty after my spouse gave biometrics and we got a notification of transfer to VO Mexico in Feb 2020. Since then nothing. Radio silence. I had to return to Canada on dec 12 to get settled. Does anyone have any idea about timelines for Mexico office or if they have started working again after covid. Also what is the best way to enquire about this ? Very frustrating. Any help is appreciated.

Ggggg

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Just received an email saying my application is in admissibility review aka background check. Does anyone know how long Mexico vo takes to finish bgc? This is our final step. We received pre arrivals on dec. 8 2020

Mitch55555

Nov 14, 2018
Ecuador
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived
Dear all. Any help will be appreciated. I am Canadian citizen that was living with my spouse and child outside of Canada (Trinidad). We applied for Outland spousal for my spouse in dec 2019 and SA came very quickly and shorty after my spouse gave biometrics and we got a notification of transfer to VO Mexico in Feb 2020. Since then nothing. Radio silence. I had to return to Canada on dec 12 to get settled. Does anyone have any idea about timelines for Mexico office or if they have started working again after covid. Also what is the best way to enquire about this ? Very frustrating. Any help is appreciated.
I got sponsor approval, biometrics and medical exam in March 2019. My wife and kids didn't land until October 2020. You have a long wait. Some here are over two years waiting. I think they are working because people have been getting updates and ppr.

Once you are over one year just contact your MP or order your notes to see where your application is at.

mrgarvin

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
I got sponsor approval, biometrics and medical exam in March 2019. My wife and kids didn't land until October 2020. You have a long wait. Some here are over two years waiting. I think they are working because people have been getting updates and ppr.

Once you are over one year just contact your MP or order your notes to see where your application is at.
Thank you for the advice.

Wow that is brutal. My wife does have a valid Canadian visa and my son is Canadian. I’m preparing for them to come before that hopefully using a dual intent letter. Any advice on this ?

Also how was your experience with your mp and do you think it sped the process up?

Stange

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019

Wow that is brutal. My wife does have a valid Canadian visa and my son is Canadian. I’m preparing for them to come before that hopefully using a dual intent letter. Any advice on this ?

Also how was your experience with your mp and do you think it sped the process up?
You might as well send for your wife now cause its gonna be a long wait. She should have no problems coming now since she's your spouse and have a valid visa

Reactions: mrgarvin

Mitch55555

Nov 14, 2018
Ecuador
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived

My MP was great once I contacted her in Ottawa rather then the local office. We had other issues going on and ended up getting help from the NDP immigration critic. If you can be with your family in Canada then do it. You could be waiting another year +

Reactions: mrgarvin

covid

Aug 11, 2020
For all of us who received the answer that Mexico is providing essential services bla bla bla... And our spousal file is pending....Here is the list of ESSENTIAL SERVICES provided (keep reading until the end you see what are the priorityes in this country):

MONTREAL -- To curb the spread of COVID-19, the government ordered all non-essential businesses to close their doors until Jan. 11.

The following are those businesses considered essential:

Grocery stores and other food stores

Drugstores - only for everyday essentials

Hardware stores - only for products required to carry out exterior maintenance, repairs, or construction

Service stations

Animal feed and supply stores

Farm product stores

Medical product stores

SAQ stores ESSENTIAL ALCOOL TO GET PEPLLE DRUNK

SQDC stores ESSENTIAL MARIJUANA TO GET HIGH

For more information on the restrictions, visit the government's site.