+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

Stange

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
You asked to speak to your MP direct? Or you have been corresponding with a secretary of your MP? If you're speaking to anyone but your MP then you will only get updates. Once I asked to talk only to my MP, she called me and my MP started contacting the immigration minister of Canada on my behalf.
Have no idea i was sending emails. So I guess I could of been speaking to anyone.

Mitch55555

Nov 14, 2018
Ecuador
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived
Have no idea i was sending emails. So I guess I could of been speaking to anyone.
Yes and that's why you are only getting updates and no results. Next time you send an email ask to have your MP call you. It is not guaranteed results but your MP can do much more for you then their assistant. If you don't know who you're speaking with then it's likely not your MP. Just someone in your MPs office. I wish you the best and hopefully you are able to finish soon!

Stange

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
Yes and that's why you are only getting updates and no results. Next time you send an email ask to have your MP call you. It is not guaranteed results but your MP can do much more for you then their assistant. If you don't know who you're speaking with then it's likely not your MP. Just someone in your MPs office. I wish you the best and hopefully you are able to finish soon!
Thank you will ask to speak with him directly.

Samsun

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Yes. This was my case. But I contacted my MP direct in Ottawa and she was very effective. The problem is that most here are contacting their local MP office instead of the Ottawa office. I've said it many times here but it gets ignored. When you contact your local MP office your MP has no involvement. It is just some secretary that calls for you to immigration and gets no results...only updates.

My MP put me in contact with Jenny Kwan and in the end were able to get my interview waived and application finished within two months of contacting them. Not to be rude but many here complain that their MPs have done nothing and I don't know how many times I've written here to contact your MP in Ottawa!
I did contacted the mp in Ottawa office and they said call our local office. It all depends on where you are who gets the phone. I would say do what ever you can, you may get lucky or .
Lets see how many of us get result in these days i have not heard a damn good news its all wait feels like getting stucked in time and thank to pandemic in place lol

Pumpkin92

Star Member
Jul 1, 2018

Ggggg

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
For us it took a few weeks but I've read where it takes a long time for some. You have to keep writing them every few weeks until they do something. There is usually no change to eligibility requirements on gckey unless you land I've noticed.
I receive pre arrival services today. Not sure what that means ?

Reactions: Stange

canadiantica15

Sep 14, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
File Transfer...
24-05-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
Not a family sponsorship application but hoping someone can advise. I have an extended family member from Costa Rica who just received a passport request for their visitor visa. The VAC services in Costa Rica is closed but it seems as though Mexico is still processing passport stamping. Do you have to coordinate the courier on your own and send the request for visa return through the Mexico webform?

Samsun

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
If anybody in here has
I receive pre arrival services today. Not sure what that means ?
Its a letter that comes in close to the end of the process to let you know what to expect when arrive in canada. Its a good sign. When did you apply?