+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

Stange

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
All the times i made him intereact in the case, "suddenly" my file moved... idk but..

Coincidence maybe but .. 3 times ? na i won't believe. one time would be... but asked him 3 times to look at and all those 3 .. a few days after something had changed
I will try again will hope for the best. Thanks

Reactions: patvicto

Ksavier

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
All the times i made him intereact in the case, "suddenly" my file moved... idk but..

Coincidence maybe but .. 3 times ? na i won't believe. one time would be... but asked him 3 times to look at and all those 3 .. a few days after something had changed
In my experience, they don't even enquire themselves. They delegate to one of them collaborators with fancy titles and even then they come hands clean and tell you they can't pressure or do actually anything. What CIC will see as enquiry from the MPs office. If that is reason enough to feel compelled to go into your file and do something with it I think it's also unlikely. I think you got lucky with your interactions with your MP OR your MP has quite a bit of influence on immigration matters

Reactions: devolin182

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
In my experience, they don't even enquire themselves. They delegate to one of them collaborators with fancy titles and even then they come hands clean and tell you they can't pressure or do actually anything. What CIC will see as enquiry from the MPs office. If that is reason enough to feel compelled to go into your file and do something with it I think it's also unlikely. I think you got lucky with your interactions with your MP OR your MP has quite a bit of influence on immigration matters
They have zero influence directly on decision, but in the note that showed as MP as done inquiries that date and so on.

Having a call from this line of politicial seems to be more effective on agents.

Maybe was a luck in my case or not .. we will never know but for me it worked.

Asked 3 times for update by them

1st ) got the Mexico Transfer Letter in October 2019 (1 day later)

2nd) got the AOR2 in February 2020 (2 days after)

3rd ) got PPR ( same day in October 2020)

so ... idk what that meant but

in Québec MP refers to " Centre de renseignements des députés et des sénateurs " and seems this line to be more direct to vo's.

The MP even sent me a letter after she was confirmed to be arrived (COPR soft landing) saying that he was glad to been able to help with that case and wishing her Welcome to Canada and Québec.

Last edited:

cesarcolina

Oct 9, 2020
Advice to all that haven't gotten this process over after the 1 year the only way for making your case appearing at the priority list is to have support from your politicial representative... if not you gonna hang there for really long.

It worth involving your MP representative at your case so he ask and make things "move" there in Mexico . Give him a call (or an email and timeline of your app) and show that you are concerned about how your application is done.

Calling to IRCC center is NOT an option , is a total waste of time. The time your app is outside Canada they have no idea what's going on on it most likely.

The only ones that talk directly to Mexico is the political line.
How do you communicate with the mp?

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Last edited:

Therockies123

Star Member
Apr 8, 2019
How long have you guys been in eligibility review. Mine started on November 2. September 2019 applicant
For us it took a few weeks but I've read where it takes a long time for some. You have to keep writing them every few weeks until they do something. There is usually no change to eligibility requirements on gckey unless you land I've noticed.

Therockies123

Star Member
Apr 8, 2019
QUESTION FOR YOU MY FRIEND, THE PPR REQUEST ASKED YOU TO SEND YOUR PASSPORT TO MEXICO OU TRINIDAD?
The PPR request was to send to Trinidad and Tobago. PP is still there, so we are waiting on it's return. WHere to send your PP is based on your answers to a few questions on the original application form.

Leon.S

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
File Transfer...
13-12-2019
My husband renew his passport, should I send immigration his new passport information or no ? Any help will be greatly appreciate

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
My husband renew his passport, should I send immigration his new passport information or no ? Any help will be greatly appreciate
Well since they are gonna need to stamp it with the Visa i guess yes it's important that they know its been done.

Leon.S

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
File Transfer...
13-12-2019
Well since they are gonna need to stamp it with the Visa i guess yes it's important that they know its been done.
Thank you so much

Mitch55555

Nov 14, 2018
Ecuador
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived
Yes. This was my case. But I contacted my MP direct in Ottawa and she was very effective. The problem is that most here are contacting their local MP office instead of the Ottawa office. I've said it many times here but it gets ignored. When you contact your local MP office your MP has no involvement. It is just some secretary that calls for you to immigration and gets no results...only updates.

My MP put me in contact with Jenny Kwan and in the end were able to get my interview waived and application finished within two months of contacting them. Not to be rude but many here complain that their MPs have done nothing and I don't know how many times I've written here to contact your MP in Ottawa!

Stange

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
Yes. This was my case. But I contacted my MP direct in Ottawa and she was very effective. The problem is that most here are contacting their local MP office instead of the Ottawa office. I've said it many times here but it gets ignored. When you contact your local MP office your MP has no involvement. It is just some secretary that calls for you to immigration and gets no results...only updates.

My MP put me in contact with Jenny Kwan and in the end were able to get my interview waived and application finished within two months of contacting them. Not to be rude but many here complain that their MPs have done nothing and I don't know how many times I've written here to contact your MP in Ottawa!

Stange

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019

I have contacted my Mp from ottawa cause thats where I live and they couldn't help at all told me to wait

Mitch55555

Nov 14, 2018
Ecuador
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived
I have contacted my Mp from ottawa cause thats where I live and they couldn't help at all told me to wait
You asked to speak to your MP direct? Or you have been corresponding with a secretary of your MP? If you're speaking to anyone but your MP then you will only get updates. Once I asked to talk only to my MP, she called me and my MP started contacting the immigration minister of Canada on my behalf.