+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

Lynsita

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Habana
Why do you believe that if I may ask? December will be 1 year since I haven't seen my husband as well
This is an appreciation nothing for sure. I haven't seen any Cuban posting DM or passport request lately. I asked few days bafore here in the forum. I got no positive answers. I hope this chage in the resent future. Fingers cross!!!

Reactions: princess7880

Jeff Bevans

Oct 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
My wife received her passport and COPR today from the Mexico VO. We were so happy and surprised. Almost 1 month since we sent the passports in to the office. They are working on things but it is slow going as they are only working 1 or 2 days a week on things due to Covid.

Our timeline via eCAS is in my signature. Most of it anyway. In total, our application process was 18-19 months. We were April 2019 applicants.

Best wishes to everyone else waiting. Stay strong and believe in each other.

BOSOXNATION

Nov 14, 2019
My wife received her passport and COPR today from the Mexico VO. We were so happy and surprised. Almost 1 month since we sent the passports in to the office. They are working on things but it is slow going as they are only working 1 or 2 days a week on things due to Covid.

Our timeline via eCAS is in my signature. Most of it anyway. In total, our application process was 18-19 months. We were April 2019 applicants.

Best wishes to everyone else waiting. Stay strong and believe in each other.
Congratulations.

princess7880

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Quick question to members in this forum, does any of you have Havana as your secondary office base on gcms notes? I saw that in my notes, not sure if that's normal. Thx for the response in advance

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Actually I think I’m taking the flight of November 17 for real haha so see you in the airport I’m sure is same flight, from here to El Salvador then Toronto and then Montreal see you both in plane haha
We'll have Toronto blue jays caps if you see it hehe

Mariana948

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
VO MEXICO
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
We'll have Toronto blue jays caps if you see it hehe
Haha I’ll put a sticker saying my name, most probably 17 I’m leaving I’m between the 10 or 17 keep me posted wooot wooot

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Haha I’ll put a sticker saying my name, most probably 17 I’m leaving I’m between the 10 or 17 keep me posted wooot wooot
lol ok!

Let's see if we have the same flight.

Last edited:

Mitch55555

Nov 14, 2018
Ecuador
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived
Thank you. We ended up booking online. He'll travel from Panama city to Toronto with Copa and from Toronto to Montreal with Air Canada. I was worried to not find any reasonable flight and reach someone too late. He'll have more than enough time during the layover in Toronto to show his documents, etc. He only speaks Spanish. It might take a little more time for him.
I traveled with another person new to Canada who only spoke Spanish. His wife also in this group. She video chatted while at the Airport to help her husband. In immigration they will provide a translator but for the rest of the airport I would maybe suggest you do the same to help your spouse. And so the ArriveCan app. Can't say it enough because we had to show this 3 times to get through. If you don't have it in advance your spouse will have to complete English forms on his own.

Mitch55555

Nov 14, 2018
Ecuador
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived
Good evening all,
I have been following this forum for over a year now, Congratulations to all of you who got to have your loved ones with you this year.
My wife just received and very sad email, we are broken-hearted tonight, anyone has been pass for an interview during Pandemic?
Thank you in advance.

This is the content of the email :

Good day,

The file is pending an interview. Mexico is still in a high level of health alert because of the coronavirus pandemic. Accordingly, the Immigration section of the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City is currently working with essential staff only and providing essential urgent services through teleworking. This limits our ability to process paper-based applications such as permanent residence applications. When possible, we will transfer your file to your country to conduct the interview. Note that interviews are presently suspended due to the current global pandemic. We will be in contact with you with further instructions when we are able to do so.
Did you order your notes to see why you are being interviewed? Sometimes they tell you. We got the same message. Checked my notes. I addressed the concerns via web form. My interview was waived and my wife is now with me in Canada

Reactions: Ksavier and DiiDii

Mariana948

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
VO MEXICO
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
Thank you. We ended up booking online. He'll travel from Panama city to Toronto with Copa and from Toronto to Montreal with Air Canada. I was worried to not find any reasonable flight and reach someone too late. He'll have more than enough time during the layover in Toronto to show his documents, etc. He only speaks Spanish. It might take a little more time for him.
Hey when is your husband landing? Wondering if I can help you I will no doubt, I speak Spanish and English , Spanish is my language maternal I’m landing next month in Montreal too booking this week when passport is returned

Wisdom333

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Visa Office......
Mexico
I traveled with another person new to Canada who only spoke Spanish. His wife also in this group. She video chatted while at the Airport to help her husband. In immigration they will provide a translator but for the rest of the airport I would maybe suggest you do the same to help your spouse. And so the ArriveCan app. Can't say it enough because we had to show this 3 times to get through. If you don't have it in advance your spouse will have to complete English forms on his own.
Thank you for your response. It's a good idea to video chat while at the airport. I will do that. I thought of him calling me after he finishes and when he arrives but never thought of him calling me while he most needs it lol I think it's because I was going to prepare him (explaining how is the airport, showing pictures, what he needs to do, etc.) before his trip.

Yes, ArriveCan application is super important. I already told him about it and there is the option to complete it in Spanish. Thank you again.

Reactions: NyamKa

Wisdom333

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Visa Office......
Mexico
Hey when is your husband landing? Wondering if I can help you I will no doubt, I speak Spanish and English , Spanish is my language maternal I’m landing next month in Montreal too booking this week when passport is returned
Wow, that's so kind of you. I know how stressed people can be when they don't speak the language. I saw that more than once when I travelled back to Montreal a month ago. I wish I was able to travel back with him. He leaves Panama on November 4th and arrives to Toronto at 11 P.M. He will then wait 9 hours before his second flight to Montreal.

Mariana948

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
VO MEXICO
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
Wow, that's so kind of you. I know how stressed people can be when they don't speak the language. I saw that more than once when I travelled back to Montreal a month ago. I wish I was able to travel back with him. He leaves Panama on November 4th and arrives to Toronto at 11 P.M. He will then wait 9 hours before his second flight to Montreal.
Awww!! I’m leaving until the 17th of November anything you need or he needs give me a shot I can help him if need it also tell him to watch YouTube videos of “landing in Toronto airport and Montreal” there’s tours in gates and all so he can be familiar too I did last night haha just getting ready I know Toronto is big and I have layover too there

Reactions: Wisdom333