+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

Therockies123

Star Member
Apr 8, 2019
After 27 months (July 2018 applicant), my husband got his passport today! Sooner than expected. We won’t complain

We aren’t able to reach Copa airlines. We used the number in Panamá and the line is busy or they say to call later. I tried three different numbers from Montreal and I’m not sure I am calling at the right place. One number doesn’t work. With the two others numbers I call (starting with 1800 or 1866) someone picked up the phone right away, seemed to have an indican accent, were able to find flights vía Toronto but couldn’t answer a question I had and told me to call copa then hung up on me. I still didn’t cancel my flight I had directly to Montreal on November 6 and I asked if I could give that seat to my husband. My husband will try to reach them again.
Congratulations. Wow this process really messes with your patience.

Kiva667

May 9, 2019
I have a question, I'm 4 months pregnant and in the letter attached to the PPR they indicate to notify if there is any change in our health, I should notify or not. I suppose so, but what do you think?
When I landed with my wife last December they specifically asked at Immigration in Toronto if she was pregnant (she was not).

I don’t know the exact rule, but you may have trouble later if you don’t tell them now. Pregnancy is definitely a change in your health; at the least you should seek legal advice.

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
My visa has been affixed now! My last day to enter Canada is November 29 2020 along with my COPR we booking flights next week when my passport returns via VFS, Mexico emailed us to notify us affixed
we might be on the same returning flight and air canada one.

:p

Mariana948

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
VO MEXICO
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
we might be on the same returning flight and air canada one.

:p
Actually I think I’m taking the flight of November 17 for real haha so see you in the airport I’m sure is same flight, from here to El Salvador then Toronto and then Montreal see you both in plane haha

Mariana948

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
VO MEXICO
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
I believe Mexico VO is not processing cubans. So sad!!! I feel very bad. One year I don't see my husband.
I’ve seen movement of Cubans little but is happening I know of someone who got PPR and is from Cuba they transferred file to Cuba for visa stamping, and seems they open in Cuba too for biometrics

Reactions: Lynsita

Samsun

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
I believe Mexico VO is not processing cubans. So sad!!! I feel very bad. One year I don't see my husband.
I do not know, our application is 14 month now. I am trying to stay positive, we also have not seen each other since February. Its tough but will end.
Hope we here good news for cubans too.
At least i guess there are flights between cuba and Canada. LoL

Reactions: Lynsita

FAITH&HOPE

Oct 23, 2020
Good evening all,
I have been following this forum for over a year now, Congratulations to all of you who got to have your loved ones with you this year.
My wife just received and very sad email, we are broken-hearted tonight, anyone has been pass for an interview during Pandemic?
Thank you in advance.

This is the content of the email :

Good day,

The file is pending an interview. Mexico is still in a high level of health alert because of the coronavirus pandemic. Accordingly, the Immigration section of the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City is currently working with essential staff only and providing essential urgent services through teleworking. This limits our ability to process paper-based applications such as permanent residence applications. When possible, we will transfer your file to your country to conduct the interview. Note that interviews are presently suspended due to the current global pandemic. We will be in contact with you with further instructions when we are able to do so.

Last edited:

Samsun

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
We are feeling in the deepest limbo right now.......
Hi, sorry to hear that, but it is not a bad thing, it means you are near to the end.
I suggest get your mp involve to try to wave the interview, other people in here had done it. Order notes if have not already and try to find out what is their concern and reason for interview then maybe you can provide more documents to rectify their concern.
They were talking about internet interviews i do not know what happened.
Good luck