+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

Ggggg

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Is Mexico City the only place to go get a police certificate. I’ve been asked to get one but I live far from Mexico City

Mitch55555

Nov 14, 2018
Ecuador
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived
PPR Guys!!! I receive it a week after i sent a webform begging to please send the PPR so i can be with my husband and him with our kids before the end of this year. We are October 2018 applicants. @Wisdom333 i called COPA they told me Panama Canada flights are schedule to start by november 1st, but there was a possibility they could start before.
We have a copa flight October 16. I think they resumed the start of October. I've watched a few Copa flights in the last week go through. My air Canada flight to Washington was canceled but just rebooked to Washington with United. I thought Copa is doing fairly good for not canceling and it is the most direct.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marilu Pumapillo

MagicTocino

May 4, 2020
Hello everyone,

For translating documents, which translator did you use? I'm planning to apply for the permanent residence from Mexico hence I have only searched for translators located in Mexico but, as mentioned in the CIC website, If the translator is not certified in Canada I have to supply an affidavit from the person who completed the translation when submitting the docs to the EE portal. So my second question will be, did you use a translator from Canada?

I don't know which option will be better, if choosing a translator from Mexico and provide an affidavit for each document translated or choosing a translator certified in Canada... I think a translator from Mexico can be cheaper but the process for arranging an Affidavit could be tedious whereas with a certified translator in Canada can be more expensive but no Affidavit will be needed . Can someone help me out with this doubt?

Best regards and Congratulations to anyone who just finally received their PPR!

Pumpkin92

Star Member
Jul 1, 2018
Hello everyone,

For translating documents, which translator did you use? I'm planning to apply for the permanent residence from Mexico hence I have only searched for translators located in Mexico but, as mentioned in the CIC website, If the translator is not certified in Canada I have to supply an affidavit from the person who completed the translation when submitting the docs to the EE portal. So my second question will be, did you use a translator from Canada?

I don't know which option will be better, if choosing a translator from Mexico and provide an affidavit for each document translated or choosing a translator certified in Canada... I think a translator from Mexico can be cheaper but the process for arranging an Affidavit could be tedious whereas with a certified translator in Canada can be more expensive but no Affidavit will be needed . Can someone help me out with this doubt?

We used a certified translator. They have a stamp that guarantees they're certified by government (which is what immigration wants) They also attached their (cédula) and other information regarding where they got certified, etc.

Depending on where you live you can just google "perito traductor certificado". I can send you the information where we got ours if you want. I think they can also translate and send you the PDFs you need.

Last edited:

Pumpkin92

Star Member
Jul 1, 2018
Hello everyone,

:: PERITOS TRADUCTORES OFICIALES E INTERPRETES OFICIALES CERTIFICADOS ::

- ESTADOS UNIDOS MEXICANOS -

:: CERTIFIED EXPERT TRANSLATORS & CERTIFIED EXPERT INTERPRETERS ::

- LANGUAGE TRANSLATION AND INTERPRETATION -

Tel. Oficinas: 9932-71-02-80

-You can quote there

deand21594

Oct 4, 2020
Hi everyone
Just about to send off for my police cert. (non-citizen, from outside of Mexico)
Just have 2 questions regarding bullet point number #5 of the instructions listed here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/mexico.html

- Which one is my file number? I know I have a profile number and a UCI number, is it one of those?
- What should I put for the 'name of the visa office, Canadian embassy or consulate or case processing centre where your file is being processed'?

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.

Dean

Mitch55555

Nov 14, 2018
Ecuador
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived
Hi everyone
Just about to send off for my police cert. (non-citizen, from outside of Mexico)
Just have 2 questions regarding bullet point number #5 of the instructions listed here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/mexico.html

- Which one is my file number? I know I have a profile number and a UCI number, is it one of those?
- What should I put for the 'name of the visa office, Canadian embassy or consulate or case processing centre where your file is being processed'?

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.

Dean
I think file number starts F000

Mitch55555

Nov 14, 2018
Ecuador
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived
Damn really? I can't find any number on my profile starting with F000... :(
The file number is the application number. It should be listed?