2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Reactions: jmc1974

FVPupnorth

Feb 2, 2019
Category........
FAM
I just read your message. First, congratulations! I had three flights cancelled with COPA from Panamá City to Montreal. One in March, one in September and one in October. I reserved a flight with for November 6 for Montreal but was not sure it would work because my other flights were cancelled. I also had a flight (1 stop in Toronto) cancelled with Air Canada. I came back a week ago with United Airlines (three flights and two stops) because I had to be in Montreal urgently. My flights with United Airlines were reserved within a week before and that’s how I knew it had less chance to be cancelled. If my husband’s visa is ready by the end of October (hopefully) I’ll let you know if he is able to travel with COPA in a direct flight (which is easier).
Yes, I was going to fly COPA but not sure now. Air Canada and WestJet have pulled all their flights that were schedule out of Costa Rica to Toronto and not flying now until Nov. 1st...as long as they don't cancel them as well! Most of the airlines won't refund your money unless you buy a refundable ticket, usually you get a credit and maybe the next flight you find is with a diff airline ... so you can't win!

As much as I don't want to go through the US, because of all the covid cases, I think we will be flying United Air as well. Fortunately, my husband has a visa to US.

MrIncredible

Jan 28, 2019
Guyana
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Trinidad VO
App. Filed.......
30-07-2018
Doc's Request.
26-11-2018
AOR Received.
21-11-2018
File Transfer...
17-05-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
05-03-2019
Interview........
10-03-2020
With the Government of Canada announcing further public health protections at the border, processes are being introduced to support enhanced family reunification, entry for compassionate reasons, and the safe and gradual entry of some international students. The Government of Canada is deploying additional public health officers to ports of entry and strengthening quarantine monitoring to aid in the fight against the spread of #COVID19. Certain extended family members of Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents will be eligible to travel to Canada. This includes people in a long-term exclusive relationship and their dependent children, adult children, grandchildren, siblings and grandparents. Detailed information for extended family members, including the process and requirements, will be on the IRCC website on October 8. Travellers should not make any travel plans until this information is available and they’ve received proper authorization. Foreign nationals travelling for compassionate reasons, such as a life-threatening illness, critical injury or death, will be eligible to enter Canada with limited exemptions from quarantine, subject to the approval of the provincial or territorial government. On October 8, information on how foreign nationals can request entry to Canada with limited exemptions from mandatory quarantine for compassionate reasons will be available on the Public Health Agency of Canada website. Updated travel restrictions will take effect on October 20, 2020, to allow the entry of international students to Canada if they will be attending a designated learning institution with a #COVID19 readiness plan approved by their provincial or territorial government. Reminder that all travellers must have a plan to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Canada, unless they’re exempt. Learn more about upcoming changes to expand exemptions to the travel restrictions for family members and compassionate cases: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/10/government-introduces-new-border-measures-to-protect-canadian-public-health-provides-update-on-travel-restrictions.html

Leon.S

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
File Transfer...
13-12-2019
Mexico reply to my message today and say they still haven’t open my application but they receive it and they are working with essential Staff only the wait is a lot emotionally. At least we all understand the emotions and in the journey together.

EmeraldEyes

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Calgary / Spouse in St. Vincent
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Nov 13, 2018
Doc's Request.
Aug 5, 2019
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2019
File Transfer...
June 14, 2019. Transferred to Trinidad from Mexico on Feb 22, 2021
Med's Request
Feb 19, 2019
Med's Done....
March 2, 2019
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
With the Government of Canada announcing further public health protections at the border, processes are being introduced to support enhanced family reunification, entry for compassionate reasons, and the safe and gradual entry of some international students. The Government of Canada is deploying additional public health officers to ports of entry and strengthening quarantine monitoring to aid in the fight against the spread of #COVID19. Certain extended family members of Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents will be eligible to travel to Canada. This includes people in a long-term exclusive relationship and their dependent children, adult children, grandchildren, siblings and grandparents. Detailed information for extended family members, including the process and requirements, will be on the IRCC website on October 8. Travellers should not make any travel plans until this information is available and they’ve received proper authorization. Foreign nationals travelling for compassionate reasons, such as a life-threatening illness, critical injury or death, will be eligible to enter Canada with limited exemptions from quarantine, subject to the approval of the provincial or territorial government. On October 8, information on how foreign nationals can request entry to Canada with limited exemptions from mandatory quarantine for compassionate reasons will be available on the Public Health Agency of Canada website. Updated travel restrictions will take effect on October 20, 2020, to allow the entry of international students to Canada if they will be attending a designated learning institution with a #COVID19 readiness plan approved by their provincial or territorial government. Reminder that all travellers must have a plan to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Canada, unless they’re exempt. Learn more about upcoming changes to expand exemptions to the travel restrictions for family members and compassionate cases: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/10/government-introduces-new-border-measures-to-protect-canadian-public-health-provides-update-on-travel-restrictions.html
I just heard about this on the news on my way home from work. Thank God something is happening.

I had a flight booked to see my husband on oct 8th, Air Canada cancelled it yesterday.. I rebooked for a week later and this new flight just got cancelled. I have a feeling its because of the increasing cases out East.. Hopefully the new travel exemptions can bring us all together sooner.