File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived
Congrats! Happy for you they are finally done.

Does México only send out the processed passports on Thursday? As in one day a week, right?

Ours just went out yesterday cause UPS only picks up and delivers on Wednesday and Friday in CR. So I'm trying to figure out how long it will take before we can book a flight with passport in hand.
Yes. They just sent ours yesterday. Said arrives today but didn't. The tracking shows it is an hour away so should get it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: FVPupnorth

Mariana948

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
VO MEXICO
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
The VAC in “Mexico City” is closed to the public, but will provide Passport Submission services with effect from 29 September 2020 (Tuesday & Thursday from 7:00 to 12:00). Applicants are requested to send their passports to the VAC using the courier service offered by the VAC. Submission of passports in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice

hope this is good...

Reactions: karmendosa

Leon.S

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
File Transfer...
13-12-2019
Hey I got approved for eligibility to sponsor my spouse, last year but it never update on my GCKey account. Is that normal or should I call them and inquire?

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Hey I got approved for eligibility to sponsor my spouse, last year but it never update on my GCKey account. Is that normal or should I call them and inquire?
Apparently the GC KEy immigration portal is a dinosaur of an application and very difficult to use. It takes agents a long time to update each file, and so I don't think they do it very often. The danger is that sometimes we miss information. For example, there was something they asked us to do that we did not even see. They told us it was on the portal but it never was. They didn't believe me! So, I would definitely do an enquiry under "technical issues" and let them know you are not receiving updates in the GC Key.

Mitch55555

Nov 14, 2018
Ecuador
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived
I applied January 7, 2019. My gckey updated for the first time September 23, 2020 with application approved and dates on all the categories. That and Ecas are very unreliable. My Ecas says decision made but doesn't say much other then my medical was received March 2019 lol. I relied on the officers notes

Leon.S

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
File Transfer...
13-12-2019
I applied January 7, 2019. My gckey updated for the first time September 23, 2020 with application approved and dates on all the categories. That and Ecas are very unreliable. My Ecas says decision made but doesn't say much other then my medical was received March 2019 lol. I relied on the officers notes
Thank you that makes me feel better. Bec I have the official notes. Oh and congratulation!!

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
The VAC in “Mexico City” is closed to the public, but will provide Passport Submission services with effect from 29 September 2020 (Tuesday & Thursday from 7:00 to 12:00). Applicants are requested to send their passports to the VAC using the courier service offered by the VAC. Submission of passports in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice

hope this is good...
means maybe mine will pass really soon there, only waiting PPR... can't believe they won't with that news

Last edited:

karmendosa

May 17, 2019
Venezuela
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
14-05-2019
AOR Received.
10-07-2019
Med's Request
15-07-2019
Med's Done....
17-07-2019

hope this is good...
Thank you for the info. I just noticed that in my country (Venezuela) this service is available now. Hopefully this is a good sign.

Reactions: BOSOXNATION

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
I want to share my happiness, the VAC office in Lima - Perú is open since last thursday. I have decision made on July. I hope that PPR will be soon.
we all hope i guess. good luck on it

Mitch55555

Nov 14, 2018
Ecuador
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived
I got a response from the immigration ministers office finally. Not really necessary now that my wife will be here in a few weeks but thought I'd share:

Thank you for your correspondence of July 24, 2020, addressed to the Honourable Marco E.L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, concerning your sponsorship undertaking on behalf of your spouse’s application for permanent residence. I have been asked to respond to your concerns.

Please be assured that every effort is being made to finalize the applications of spouses and partners as quickly as possible, as family reunification is a key priority for Immigration, Refugees, Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Although Family Class applicants are assessed under relaxed criteria, the assessing officer must be satisfied that they are not inadmissible to Canada and, in the case of spouses and common-law or conjugal partners, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only.

Maintaining the integrity of Canada’s immigration program is a priority of the Government of Canada. Individuals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet program eligibility requirements, as well as statutory medical, criminality, and security background clearances. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians. The onus rests on applicants to prove that they have met the requirements for entry to Canada or that admission would not be contrary to legislative requirements.

The health and safety of all Canadians, including Government of Canada employees, remain a priority. This is reflected in the current limitations in processing. IRCC’s priority has been to balance the rights of employees to a safe workplace, while processing urgent applications. IRCC continues to explore options to facilitate processing in these extraordinary times, including finalizing applications virtually. However, safety of IRCC employees and clients must also be taken into consideration.

With regard to your questions and concerns about the processing of spousal applications, I note that on September 24, 2020, Minister Mendicino announced that IRCC has taken action to speed up spousal sponsorship application processing. The Department has increased the number of decision-makers on spousal applications in Canada by 66% in order to process applications more quickly and reduce couples’ wait times. IRCC is also piloting new technology to digitize paper applications so that they can be processed more efficiently by IRCC employees working remotely. Further, IRCC is implementing facilitative biometrics measures and piloting technology that allows immigration officials to conduct applicant interviews remotely, in adherence with public health protocols.

Although the impacts of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) have had an effect on the Department’s operations and ability to respond to and process applications, IRCC will continue to find new ways to keep families together and help them build their lives together in Canada.

Thank you for taking the time to write. I trust that this information is helpful to you

princess7880

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
I got a response from the immigration ministers office finally. Not really necessary now that my wife will be here in a few weeks but thought I'd share:

Thank you for your correspondence of July 24, 2020, addressed to the Honourable Marco E.L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, concerning your sponsorship undertaking on behalf of your spouse’s application for permanent residence. I have been asked to respond to your concerns.

Please be assured that every effort is being made to finalize the applications of spouses and partners as quickly as possible, as family reunification is a key priority for Immigration, Refugees, Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Although Family Class applicants are assessed under relaxed criteria, the assessing officer must be satisfied that they are not inadmissible to Canada and, in the case of spouses and common-law or conjugal partners, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only.

Maintaining the integrity of Canada’s immigration program is a priority of the Government of Canada. Individuals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet program eligibility requirements, as well as statutory medical, criminality, and security background clearances. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians. The onus rests on applicants to prove that they have met the requirements for entry to Canada or that admission would not be contrary to legislative requirements.

The health and safety of all Canadians, including Government of Canada employees, remain a priority. This is reflected in the current limitations in processing. IRCC’s priority has been to balance the rights of employees to a safe workplace, while processing urgent applications. IRCC continues to explore options to facilitate processing in these extraordinary times, including finalizing applications virtually. However, safety of IRCC employees and clients must also be taken into consideration.

With regard to your questions and concerns about the processing of spousal applications, I note that on September 24, 2020, Minister Mendicino announced that IRCC has taken action to speed up spousal sponsorship application processing. The Department has increased the number of decision-makers on spousal applications in Canada by 66% in order to process applications more quickly and reduce couples’ wait times. IRCC is also piloting new technology to digitize paper applications so that they can be processed more efficiently by IRCC employees working remotely. Further, IRCC is implementing facilitative biometrics measures and piloting technology that allows immigration officials to conduct applicant interviews remotely, in adherence with public health protocols.

Although the impacts of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) have had an effect on the Department’s operations and ability to respond to and process applications, IRCC will continue to find new ways to keep families together and help them build their lives together in Canada.

Thank you for taking the time to write. I trust that this information is helpful to you
Curious about the line that says increased spousal application in canada by 66%. Does this include spouses outside of Canada as well?

Reactions: FVPupnorth

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Curious about the line that says increased spousal application in canada by 66%. Does this include spouses outside of Canada as well?
nope lol