Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
You are applying under a provincial sponsorship? Like Quebec? It seems that there has been a huge backlog from those applications for whatever reason. I would agree that since she has already been denied one visa already, that it is probably pointless for you to try it again.

We have never applied for a visa for our DIL. Our son is now here in Canada now with their 2 oldest children. She is in Venezuela with their youngest, age 4. They were all living together in Venezuela until January when our son came ahead with the oldest children to start them in school and to get a residence ready for the family. I would expect that her chances of getting a visa would be higher than not. I could be wrong, but I do think we would be foolish not to try.
Yes and we already (finally) have CSQ !

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
So, you have seen movement on your application since the pandemic started. Congratulations! We have not had any movement since Dec. 3rd.
we got the provincial agreement that was super late.. but that's about it

Mariana948

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
VO MEXICO
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
I'm Canadian Citizen and she is from El Salvador, we have given them all the needed proofs , security clearance , all. but they still decided to say they were not satisfied she was to leave the country blabla... based on travel history.

Gosh is that her fault is she's been able to go to guatemala and honduras in her life ??
Same as me I am the PA from Guatemala my husband is a Canadian citizen traveled only to Costa Rica and Panama in my life, they decline my visitor visa twice for “travel history”. And when we have been 7 years together and married 1 and a half now... so sick of this damn process feels like my 2020 is going by without living my married life.

Mitch55555

Nov 14, 2018
Ecuador
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived
Exactly

and in the refusal letter they clearly say ; if you can satisfy our concerns llabla... you are free to re-apply and again must repay the fees $$ and all...
is a real joke, just a money thing,

"based on travel history" how can you overcome that ?? No way !

If it's like missing some proofs of purpose of trip etc... it's possible but the one we got hahaha yeah right ... responded to them such brllant you guys she can't travel... because she never did is what this meant ?? They never replied obviously...but i've put the refusal letter in sponsorship telling them how stupid this was.

IRCC works with a checklist and criterias, period , no human sensibility , unless the minister suddenly does an announce to be more "loose".... besides that. They pretty don't care about your situation, is just "wait your turn"... So NO covid-19, that is making a lot of distance between families, is not a big argue for receiving a visa..

I was to go there and visit in April did they put my files to be accelerated cause the trip been cancelled? Obviously no...

So not that sure that asking a TRV on purpose of covid will actually work. And we are now a BUNCH at the same advance in the process !! that's the reality , most of cases are "under review" of an Officer which is the last step basically , but could take MONTHS before this said officer land on our file. Not sure applying for a TRV and getting another rejection would be such brillant.
My wife and I traveled to Cuba a few times and still we got the excuse not enough travel history. And I agree...if you apply for TRV whether it is approved or not...that just gives your officer one more thing to have to look at. One reason for our interview is the TRV application we applied for after 1 month of dating and that now has cost us several months of waiting for an interview. Sometimes it is just better to wait. I am proof that these things can be bad. It is the reason for our interview. If we didn't need this interview our application would be done November 2019. They will study your application and try to poke holes into everything you do. If you submit something in your sponsorship application and submit something different in TRV application. That alone is a reason for them to flag you for an interview and at that point you will add 6 months to a year on your application process. So far it has added 7 months to my process and still haven't even been scheduled an interview

DorisK

Mar 23, 2019
Costa Rica
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
25-06-2019
My wife and I traveled to Cuba a few times and still we got the excuse not enough travel history. And I agree...if you apply for TRV whether it is approved or not...that just gives your officer one more thing to have to look at. One reason for our interview is the TRV application we applied for after 1 month of dating and that now has cost us several months of waiting for an interview. Sometimes it is just better to wait. I am proof that these things can be bad. It is the reason for our interview. If we didn't need this interview our application would be done November 2019. They will study your application and try to poke holes into everything you do. If you submit something in your sponsorship application and submit something different in TRV application. That alone is a reason for them to flag you for an interview and at that point you will add 6 months to a year on your application process. So far it has added 7 months to my process and still haven't even been scheduled an interview
Hi @Mitch55555 I was thinking and that situation applies for me too, so I would like to understand. When she applied for the TRV, did she mention she was visiting you?

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
We applied twice for a TRV and were denied both times. And yet I don't understand how that counts as a mark against us. The first time, we were VERY clear that we wanted to get married in Canada (after years of dating) so my family could be present. We submitted receipts for the cake, the officiant and everything. I even bought a return ticket for my (now) husband. Nope. The second time, I needed surgery and was told I couldn't have surgery if I couldn't demonstrate that I would have someone to look after me at home, afterwards. I sent the surgery date, the post-surgical instructions, again a return ticket. Nope.

We are scheduled for an interview, and if those denied TRVs are the reason it is absolutely stupid. If they ask my husband about these during the interview he is just going to say that we were just trying to do things like a NORMAL couple and carry on our relationship. It should actually demonstrate your intentions are real - not the opposite! Who wouldn't want their life partner to be around as much as possible?

• Sad
Reactions: DorisK

Wisdom333

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Visa Office......
Mexico
Anyone know if Mexico is back working??
I sent them an email three days ago and got an answer the same day. They’re still closed (Mexico City is still confined) and working on only emergencies from home. It said they need to have access to a printer in order to print a visa for example.

Mitch55555

Nov 14, 2018
Ecuador
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived
Hi @Mitch55555 I was thinking and that situation applies for me too, so I would like to understand. When she applied for the TRV, did she mention she was visiting you?
Yes. I wrote her a letter and everything but we had only known each other a few weeks at the time we applied. On the application we wrote friends because after only knowing each other for a few weeks...we were friends not boyfriend and girlfriend. Because of this my application has been flagged for an interview. They really analyze any applications you submit. Even though we weren't dating yet it is a red flag to them. If you write anything in your invitation letter that doesn't match your sponsorship application it will cause huge delays. If i could go back I would have never applied for TRV. Not worth being without my wife and 2 kids for an additional 7+ months

• Sad

Mitch55555

Nov 14, 2018
Ecuador
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived
We applied twice for a TRV and were denied both times. And yet I don't understand how that counts as a mark against us. The first time, we were VERY clear that we wanted to get married in Canada (after years of dating) so my family could be present. We submitted receipts for the cake, the officiant and everything. I even bought a return ticket for my (now) husband. Nope. The second time, I needed surgery and was told I couldn't have surgery if I couldn't demonstrate that I would have someone to look after me at home, afterwards. I sent the surgery date, the post-surgical instructions, again a return ticket. Nope.

We are scheduled for an interview, and if those denied TRVs are the reason it is absolutely stupid. If they ask my husband about these during the interview he is just going to say that we were just trying to do things like a NORMAL couple and carry on our relationship. It should actually demonstrate your intentions are real - not the opposite! Who wouldn't want their life partner to be around as much as possible?
The thing is you apply for these and write letters at the beginning of your relationship and then you apply for sponsorship years later. If everything you write years ago doesn't match the situation now they want to interview you to ask why

Mitch55555

Nov 14, 2018
Ecuador
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived
Mine is just one example of thousands of possibilities. Because 3 years ago when we first met and were friends and then 2 years later we are married...they think it is conflicting and that we are hiding things. If you say you want to bring your spouse to Canada to get married. They want to interview you to ask why you can't do it in their country. That is just their job to question and criticize every stupid little thing hoping to catch you on a lie so you have to pay to do it again. It is not worth it for the TRV and if you do it then be very mindful of anything you write and include because it will be used against you!

DorisK

Mar 23, 2019
Costa Rica
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
25-06-2019
Yes. I wrote her a letter and everything but we had only known each other a few weeks at the time we applied. On the application we wrote friends because after only knowing each other for a few weeks...we were friends not boyfriend and girlfriend. Because of this my application has been flagged for an interview. They really analyze any applications you submit. Even though we weren't dating yet it is a red flag to them. If you write anything in your invitation letter that doesn't match your sponsorship application it will cause huge delays. If i could go back I would have never applied for TRV. Not worth being without my wife and 2 kids for an additional 7+ months
Oh my goodness we did exactly the same.
Thank you for sharing.

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
The thing is you apply for these and write letters at the beginning of your relationship and then you apply for sponsorship years later. If everything you write years ago doesn't match the situation now they want to interview you to ask why
I get that - but even with the first TRV we had already been together 4 years and known each other for 8...so not like we just were getting to know each other. I dunno - it's all a mystery.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Its interesting you say this. When we applied for my husbands trv we wrote we were friends (starting to evolve into a relationship) then and he was approved immediately. We had no interview and no requests for addition info about our relationship or timelines