Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
My trip to see Wife in April just been cancelled is way too dangerous at the moment *sigh*

Mariana948

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
VO MEXICO
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
My trip to see Wife in April just been cancelled is way too dangerous at the moment *sigh*
Same for my husband cancelled to come to Guatemala both your wife and I , are locked in our countries I just hope with now the move of CSQ we get close to the end.

Reactions: patvicto

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Same for my husband cancelled to come to Guatemala both your wife and I , are locked in our countries I just hope with now the move of CSQ we get close to the end.
:( is really tough emotionnally to drop a visit there but is the thing to do. just put my flight fees on Credit so if i need a flight later on with air Canada at least i'll have a part as prepaid . and Avianca just cancel my booking stand-by tickets at least

Last edited:

EmeraldEyes

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Calgary / Spouse in St. Vincent
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Nov 13, 2018
Doc's Request.
Aug 5, 2019
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2019
File Transfer...
June 14, 2019. Transferred to Trinidad from Mexico on Feb 22, 2021
Med's Request
Feb 19, 2019
Med's Done....
March 2, 2019
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
Anyone hear or read information about collecting EI due to COVID-19 and it affecting sponsorship eligibility?? My understanding is that as a sponsor we cant accept government benefits. I haven't seen any info regarding this. OR, if were already approved as a sponsor, this wont affect us? I work in a dental office and don't expect to reopen for at least 3-4 weeks. Most likely longer.

frisbee2017

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Anyone hear or read information about collecting EI due to COVID-19 and it affecting sponsorship eligibility?? My understanding is that as a sponsor we cant accept government benefits. I haven't seen any info regarding this. OR, if were already approved as a sponsor, this wont affect us? I work in a dental office and don't expect to reopen for at least 3-4 weeks. Most likely longer.
EI doesn't count as relying on social service. You are good :)

Reactions: EmeraldEyes

MrIncredible

Jan 28, 2019
Guyana
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Trinidad VO
App. Filed.......
30-07-2018
Doc's Request.
26-11-2018
AOR Received.
21-11-2018
File Transfer...
17-05-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
05-03-2019
Interview........
10-03-2020
Question;
What does immigration means by reassessment of medical for the issuance of a new medical certificate?
Because I went to my panel physician an when they type in the uci number an everything I got in the mail the receptionist said she doesn’t see that IRCC sent anything so they cannot grant me another medical under PR they can only let me do it under student, visitor or worker, I’m like NOOOO,
So super confuse as to what immigration is requesting here, anyone ever had this ?

Reactions: FVPupnorth

gvalsa

Mar 22, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
Question;
What does immigration means by reassessment of medical for the issuance of a new medical certificate?
Because I went to my panel physician an when they type in the uci number an everything I got in the mail the receptionist said she doesn’t see that IRCC sent anything so they cannot grant me another medical under PR they can only let me do it under student, visitor or worker, I’m like NOOOO,
So super confuse as to what immigration is requesting here, anyone ever had this ?
Hello MrIncredible,

With all this COVID-19 situation and reading the special measures I found something that might help even when it says that it only applies to China, I think the reassessment process might be the same for other countries and that is probably why the IME isn't working when typed in the Physician's office.

I'll copy what i think might be relevant and the sources:

All permanent residence applicants must have valid immigration medical examination (IME) results in order for officers to finalize an application. A complete list of panel physicians in China is available on the IRCC website. Should the IMEs be expired by the time the applicant and their family are ready to travel, new IMEs (or a reassessment of the IMEs, if possible) will be required prior to finalization. Do not request a new IME until the applicant indicates that they are ready to travel.

The Migration Health Branch will continuously identify all applications where the applicant is residing in China and their medical results will expire in the coming 4 to 8 weeks. Identified applications with an original M1 or M3 decision will be proactively reassessed for an additional 6 months. Should any applications that have not already been reassessed come to the attention of processing officers, officers are instructed to contact the Migration Health Branch with the following instructions:

• “This reassessment request is as a result of the novel coronavirus situation.”
Any applicants whose medical results have been reassessed but who do not travel to Canada within the new 6-month validity will require a new IME.

IRCC offices abroad and case processing centres within the Domestic Network should remain flexible in providing extensions for getting medical examinations where feasible and until further notice. These instructions will be updated as the situation evolves.

Permanent residence applications with current medical results that are valid for more than 6 months may be finalized, and the COPR may be issued, if possible.

Source https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

..." Migration Health Branch is the center of expertise for the management of health-related aspects of migration. They deliver health screening and related services under the authority of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act(IRPA)..."

Source:https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/transition-binders/deputy-minister-2019/operations-sector.html

FVPupnorth

Feb 2, 2019
Category........
FAM
Question;
I would be confused as well. If this was my situation, I would email Mexico and tell them your situation when you went to the doctor and ask what you are supposed to do now. Maybe they forgot to send the info to the dr.?? Or ... who knows.

When I send them an email, I send it to both email addresses to make sure someone gets it and forwards it to the right department. I would also ask for an acknowledgement of receipt of your email.

I would also send the same request for further instructions/info on a webform to them ... just to cover your butt. I only say this because they asked me for the same information three times (over two months) and already had the information they asked for the same day they asked. This is only my opinion/suggestion.

Reactions: MrIncredible

MrIncredible

Jan 28, 2019
Guyana
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Trinidad VO
App. Filed.......
30-07-2018
Doc's Request.
26-11-2018
AOR Received.
21-11-2018
File Transfer...
17-05-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
05-03-2019
Interview........
10-03-2020
I would be confused as well. If this was my situation, I would email Mexico and tell them your situation when you went to the doctor and ask what you are supposed to do now. Maybe they forgot to send the info to the dr.?? Or ... who knows.
I know I understand but today we had figured it out
When ur medical expires the local VO themselves send on your behalf a request to cic for an extension so that copy I got in my email was a copy of what they send to cic requesting for my medical to be extended, I have found an entire forum with persons who stated their

When I send them an email, I send it to both email addresses to make sure someone gets it and forwards it to the right department. I would also ask for an acknowledgement of receipt of your email.

I would also send the same request for further instructions/info on a webform to them ... just to cover your butt. I only say this because they asked me for the same information three times (over two months) and already had the information they asked for the same day they asked. This is only my opinion/suggestion.
I understand , thanks for the help...
We had firgured it out today tho we have found an entire forum about medical an reassessments etc
So apparently the local VO requests on our behalf to cic when our medical has expire for an extension so we didn’t had to do that, an the email we got was a copy of the email Trinidad VO sent to cic requesting the reassessment an extension on our behalf
Because when contacted our MP he said the same also, so glad we found that out!! So here’s the forum that helped us a lot today and I’m sure it will also for whoever’s else medical would be up soon too.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/medical-exam-validity-extension-for-additional-12-months-new-cic-bulletin.106229/page-19

FVPupnorth

Feb 2, 2019
Category........
FAM
I understand , thanks for the help...
We had firgured it out today tho we have found an entire forum about medical an reassessments etc
So apparently the local VO requests on our behalf to cic when our medical has expire for an extension so we didn’t had to do that, an the email we got was a copy of the email Trinidad VO sent to cic requesting the reassessment an extension on our behalf
Because when contacted our MP he said the same also, so glad we found that out!! So here’s the forum that helped us a lot today and I’m sure it will also for whoever’s else medical would be up soon too.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/medical-exam-validity-extension-for-additional-12-months-new-cic-bulletin.106229/page-19
Great thanks! I'll probably be needing it next. Good luck and glad you got that sorted out.

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Review Required means that there will be an interview, barring some miracle.
I agree, everyone I know including myself that had review required, had an interview. I hope there is a miracle and you dont get one but prepare for it.

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
PA from Guyana
Husband Is Canadian.

so I Just came out of my interview,I would say it was torture instead of a normal interview! Smh the woman that interviewed me in room 2 was very rude an unpleasant hence she took out all her anger on me while asking questions about my husband, and when I answer her questions some of which she refuses to believe an saying she don’t believe some of my answers.
She ask me about his childhood,siblings, school, favourite sports team, his job, salary, family, why did we got marry, how did we got marry, why was it kept in my country rather than his, if he supports me financially, if he has depths to pay off, his savings,plans for our future, why did I attend the interview alone, if I’m to get refuse if he will come live Guyana with me an leave his country,what do we chat about when we’re apart, our honeymoon, why he didn’t get a girlfriend/wife from his country rather than meeting me, etc etc I can go on an on! It was a freaking torture!!! Now we just have to wait to see whether we will get a refusal letter or passport request that’s what she said. Until she has finish putting the pieces together.! God be with us! Smh Goodluck to u Guys.
Im so sorry they gave you a hard time, interviews are never easy. My husband was called for one in December 2019 and I was there so I was interviewed as well. We were lucky that the young lady interviewing us was kind, however we were asked similar questions regarding why we married in his country, they want to see your reaction, they want to see if what is written in the application matches your answer. Its horrible that she was rude with you, but honestly its a tactic used to detect lies, if you were honest and remained calm I assure you it will all be ok.
Hang in there and please stay positive ok