Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
VO MEXICO
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
Reading your stories makes me happy I've had my Canadian visa since I was a kid. We get to visit each other every 2-3 months tops.

I wish though, that the process was a bit more transparent, the anxiety of waiting months with absolutely no updates adds so much stress, and the fact that there's no clear timeline of when anything is happening. At least if we knew that in month 4 they work on this, and then month 5 work on that... but nothing.

I also see that there's no actual order, to me it doesn't make sense that they've requested my biometrics and medicals, but haven't approved my husband (the sponsor), or done background check. In my head those would be the most important things to do before working on the applicant.

I am glad it makes you smile!! we all here have a love story in this journey of immigration, you have the blessing of a visa that's awesome, yes I think the silence is what it kills the most! wish they could provide partner visas meantime or something lol

There's no order really in my case my husband is the sponsor he got approved then we got medical, then biometrics so really we don't know how they work.

Reactions: Mrs. Santiago

Mariana948

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
VO MEXICO
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
We get to see each other every 4 months cause i CAN afford it with my schedule and all and some friends helps me out with taking care of the house especially during winter , without it , it would be super complicated.

And no, There's no real standard sequence in things unfortunately during the process.

Going for a vacation week in April (3 to 11). hoping to get news beforehand... as it's supposed to be over. We have fingers crossed so she join me on the return ( which would help her entry )

Same as my husband praying by that time you return back with her in that plane.

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Same as my husband praying by that time you return back with her in that plane.
I pray too , cause April 22th is her end of medical validity , which means other fees to redo all those tests , other wait for an appointment and so on.. it never ends when you get into this circle and it's not even our fault !

We have provided all on time super fast. (Actually nothing been asked during the Sydney time...so i guess it was a complete app) (Everything was ready , signed all, to send CSQ application in May 2019... but they waited until October 25th to transfer us.. again wait) .

Been received at Quebec on October 31th,, so like 5 days(including weekend..) after the Mexico transfer letter, so i did super fast.

We are always on wait of something since start it's not that fluid , now is CSQ... and then it's gonna be the final Decision and all.

As Immigrant visa is issued valid until end of medical (12 months after approval of results : passed) , sometimes they give extension but is super rare.. we don't count on it really.

Last edited:

frisbee2017

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Hello guys! At what time do you recommend to apply for GCMS notes? I am still very early in the process (file moved to Mexico VO in December 2019). I am thinking of applying at the 6 month mark.

Reactions: Mrs. Santiago

Jan27

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
thanks god, can you share your time line.
where in Cuba you are from?
I live in Habana, I am the PA too.
Yes. April17 2019,apply .medical exams Guyana September 24 ,2019. Got transferred to Mexico in October15..2019..no news since them ..I am from holguin..we can talk by Spanish i think jjjjj

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Hello guys! At what time do you recommend to apply for GCMS notes? I am still very early in the process (file moved to Mexico VO in December 2019). I am thinking of applying at the 6 month mark.
i did on month 5th and then on month 12th(current one)

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
How long is the life of medical exams??? And does anyone had to redo the exams???
Can anyone answer me????
12 months after its set to Passed

and yes if you are NOT entered before those 12 months of validity ... you gonna be asked to redo for all applicants.

As Immigrant visa is issued valid until end of medical (12 months after approval of results : passed) , sometimes they give extension but is super rare.

Reactions: starpanda and Jan27

princess7880

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
12 months after its set to Passed

and yes if you are NOT entered before those 12 months of validity ... you gonna be asked to redo for all applicants.

As Immigrant visa is issued valid until end of medical (12 months after approval of results : passed) , sometimes they give extension but is super rare.
Hi patvicto how do you apply for an extension of medical? Curious,thx

Lynsita

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Habana
Colon is south of Varadero and south of Cardenas.
He is from Matanzas. Oh My God finally some from Cuba.
Could you please share the time line?
I have written houndies of emails to Mexico VO asking for a confirmation that my case was transferred there but no answers.
Did you receive any email telling that you were transferred?
thank you in advance.

Mrs. Santiago

Jun 7, 2019
Category........
FAM
I'm well placed to understand all you listed.

lol arriving is just the start is what i tell to my wife and yup we've tried a visitor visa for 2018 xmas.... of course it's been denied which i've added in the sponsorship files... really stupid reason so now deal with it Mexico!

I've put it in BOLD

Wait.! so you saying she can't travel . because she never did ?!? Is that really the only thing you guys found ??

Wanted her to come visit me around 5 weeks for xmas time (to give me a break of going there at winter... is really tricky to let your house !) and returning in January but they denied it stupidly caue she never "travelled" for them...

We went to Antigua Guatemala, Roatan (Honduras) but no it doesnt count... lol that's really whatever
Right! It is very rare that people get approved for the VV. We applied and got denied for the same reason and because they didn’t think he would return to his home country based on the nature of his visit.

Mrs. Santiago

Jun 7, 2019
Category........
FAM
Hi patvicto how do you apply for an extension of medical? Curious,thx
You would have to request an extension through the Mexico office by sending them an email or asking them at the time of the interview (if applicable) whether your application will be process in time or if they will be extending the medical(s).

Reactions: princess7880

Mrs. Santiago

Jun 7, 2019
Category........
FAM
I am glad it makes you smile!! we all here have a love story in this journey of immigration, you have the blessing of a visa that's awesome, yes I think the silence is what it kills the most! wish they could provide partner visas meantime or something lol

There's no order really in my case my husband is the sponsor he got approved then we got medical, then biometrics so really we don't know how they work.
Now you’re waiting to see whether they require additional information, if you need an interview, etc.

Mrs. Santiago

Jun 7, 2019
Category........
FAM
How long is the life of medical exams??? And does anyone had to redo the exams???
Can anyone answer me????
12 months
We had to redo the medical even before our previous one expired.
I asked for an extension but they didn’t even respond just told us we had to do a new one.

Reactions: Jan27

FVPupnorth

Feb 2, 2019
Category........
FAM
There seems to be some confusion around how long a medical exam is valid for.

1) Is it from the time of the exam or from the time the exam is "passed"? I notice comments above say it's from the time it was passed, however, that creates problems.

2) If you aren't able to link to GCKey acct, there is no way to know exactly when it was passed because eCas only shows "Medical results were received". It doesn't say passed, or what the date was, etc. I believe eCas "received" means the same as passed but not positive and still there is no specific date.

Anyone have any concrete evidence, or a reference we can check for this please?? It's a difference of 2 1/2 weeks in my husband's case (March 21/19 to April 8/19) so I'd definitely like to know for sure. :confused: