28-01-2019
File Transfer...
24-06-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-28-2019
Hi there!

Did they notify you in June that the files was being transferred or did you just get the confirmation now?

I was notified in June from the office in Sydney that my file was transferred to Mexico.

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
I got decision made on my ecas. i'm not sure what this means at this point. but my wife and I are traveling to meet eachother in Bogota tomorrow for a month. My wife also left her country Venezuela as well. So this going be tough, Since we both in Bogota, wonder if interview chances will increase even more.

Last edited:

AmandaSA

Jun 22, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
I got decision made on my ecas. i'm not sure what this means at this point. but my wife and I are traveling to meet eachother in Bogota tomorrow for a month. My wife also left her country Venezuela as well. So this going be tough, Since we both in Bogota, wonder if interview chances will increase even more.
Im soo happy for you congratulations, you will receive soon PPR. There is no interview and these at the end of it all.

Reactions: michyme

AmandaSA

Jun 22, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
i hope so, i just hope our travels doesn't interrupt it. I pray your application be done soon too. Venezuela getting more tough everyday
Enjoy Bogota with your wife, don't worry about your application anymore. I hope mine is finally transferred this month, this process has me bored.

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
Enjoy Bogota with your wife, don't worry about your application anymore. I hope mine is finally transferred this month, this process has me bored.
yeah my wife is telling me not to worry about the application now haha. It seems like my application from September is only one making moves so far. So I believe yours will be up soon. Doesn't make sense your application just sitting in Sydney.

AmandaSA

Jun 22, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
yeah my wife is telling me not to worry about the application now haha. It seems like my application from September is only one making moves so far. So I believe yours will be up soon. Doesn't make sense your application just sitting in Sydney.
just forget it and enjoy, the best part is that you can stamp your visa in Bogota, the passport will not have to travel to Mexico. It really doesn't make sense that they took so much time to transfer applications from November and December, I just hope this change is to process them faster.

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
just forget it and enjoy, the best part is that you can stamp your visa in Bogota, the passport will not have to travel to Mexico. It really doesn't make sense that they took so much time to transfer applications from November and December, I just hope this change is to process them faster.
ohhhh i didn't know that about the stamp in Bogota, will keep note of that. It really looks like theyre trying to push for 12 months. Maybe Sydney started the application off already. Very upsetting they continue take this long.

Janeth7789

Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
Hah! I’m still waiting from June ‘18.
What has your process looked like?

I was trying to find your timeline, have you had any indication of why it may be taking so long?

Have there been any requested for more documents or anything like that?

Any information you can share will help us out.

Mitch55555

Nov 14, 2018
Ecuador
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived
Any Feb 2019 applicants received PPR yet?
They received my application in February. I called today and my application still has not been transferred from Sydney but they listed Sydney as primary and Mexico as secondary. He said both offices are working on my application but no actual transfer yet

Kiva667

May 9, 2019
What has your process looked like?

I was trying to find your timeline, have you had any indication of why it may be taking so long?

Have there been any requested for more documents or anything like that?

Any information you can share will help us out.
It’s just slow, no extra docs requested, nothing. I’ve been living around Latin America and the Caribbean full-time with my wife for years.

Getting my sponsorship approved took 8 months cause I’m not a current resident of Canada. That could be what added the extra time. Medical check was approved early May.

File transferred to Mexico early May as well, though I was told recently it was still “in transit.”

Patience prevails.

Last edited:

halifaxlovers

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
19-10-2018
Doc's Request.
06-02-2019
AOR Received.
06-02-2019
File Transfer...
28-02-2019
Med's Request
26-02-2019
Med's Done....
06-03-2019
Hello Everyone,

I’m an October, 2018 Applicant - whose file was transferred to Mexico Visa Office in February, 2019.

Just wondering if there are any July/August, 2018 Applicants on here that received any good news.

Just makes me wonder if IRCC are holding up their end of the bargain with the 12 month timeline.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards.

Last edited:
Reactions: mari5

mari5

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I’m an October, 2018 Applicant - whose file was transferred to Mexico Visa Office in February, 2019.

Just wondering if there are any July/August, 2018 Applicants on here that received any good news.

Just makes me wonder if IRCC are holding up their end of the bargain with the 12 month timeline.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards.
Also curious about this. Or if anyone’s app has been processed quicker than usual at this specific VO within the last year or so?

I wish they had several VOs for Central/South America instead of piling up the majority of these files within Mexico, so that processing could be more efficient :(

Reactions: michyme