File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Reactions: Alesun

SAlvarenga

May 4, 2018
Hello everyone,
I apologize if this has been asked, there's too many pages to go through everything! I am sponsoring my husband who lives in Honduras. We are new to this process and I have read that sometimes couples are asked for interviews to prove their relationship. I don't expect them to request an interview but if they do, will it be in Mexico? This is a very expensive process lol is it common for them to request one?

Reactions: Suzy18

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
I am so happy to see that many people got PPR and some folks have already landed.
Mexico VO is moving and trying to get those applications in no time. :)

I always like to share my experience as it might help others or just give hope.

As for us, last request was ARC fee payment on April 23, 15 days after we sent payment eCAS appears as Decision Made and on the information says they sent correspondence on May 11, 2018. If you have no yet provided with the information or the requested docs please do so ASAP and bla bla bla...

As usual lawyer got the letter and we'll have to wait until Monday to see what it says.

I want to remain positive as we had passed our interview and all was left for us was getting this FBI records, so I am jumping to conclusions and say that this is most likely a PPR, my husband medicals were expired on October and never asked for new ones so this got me puzzled. I am already dreaming about having my husband here before fathers day, and be able to watch the soccer world cup:oops:.

So I'll be back tomorrow with what ever news i get from lawyer.

hopefully is a happy ending/beginning.

Reactions: lilly156

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
Hello everyone,
I apologize if this has been asked, there's too many pages to go through everything! I am sponsoring my husband who lives in Honduras. We are new to this process and I have read that sometimes couples are asked for interviews to prove their relationship. I don't expect them to request an interview but if they do, will it be in Mexico? This is a very expensive process lol is it common for them to request one?
Interviews are a tricky guess but the likelihood of getting one depends on each case and the officer assessing it. A case with lots of red flag will be put in queue for interview, unless the evidence sent with app is really strong and sufficient for the immigration officer. or a case can be straight forward but there is not enough evidence supporting the application can also be sent for interview. As to where it takes place I have no idea, We got an interview but my husband lives in Mexico and he got his in Mexico city. I saw some people from other counties that had their case assigned to MXVO and got interviewed at their countries. sorry I hope this info helps.

just tried to be patient and remain calm. I know is not easy but it really helps to go through this process.

SAlvarenga

May 4, 2018
Great thanks! That makes me feel better.

One last question! I woke up to a request we submit the RPRF document by June 7. Google tells me that's the right of permanent residence fee. Is it normal they request that so quickly? I got AOR on May 5 and Medicals requested on May 8th I believe. Under details in the account it says "replacement document needed" but I never submitted or paid it yet. Thought I'd have more time.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
I am so happy to see that many people got PPR and some folks have already landed.

As for us, last request was ARC fee payment on April 23, 15 days after we sent payment eCAS appears as Decision Made and on the information says they sent correspondence on May 11, 2018. If you have no yet provided with the information or the requested docs please do so ASAP and bla bla bla...

As usual lawyer got the letter and we'll have to wait until Monday to see what it says.

I want to remain positive as we had passed our interview and all was left for us was getting this FBI records, so I am jumping to conclusions and say that this is most likely a PPR, my husband medicals were expired on October and never asked for new ones so this got me puzzled. I am already dreaming about having my husband here before fathers day, and be able to watch the soccer world cup:oops:.

im sure everything is just fine and that it is PPR. often times they will extend validity of medicals which is what they did for us as well!! stay positive!! he will be here for fathers day!!!

THESixTO

Jan 23, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
9-18-2018
Doc's Request.
11-8-2018
AOR Received.
11-2-2018
File Transfer...
1-9-2018
Med's Request
11-7-2018
Med's Done....
11-30-2018
Hello everyone I'm glad that Mexico VO has allot of movement. I like to share my experience and my concerns.

Last communication we had with VO office was the pre-arrival letter with additional documents to add. We submitted the additional documents 2hrs after we got the email because there where documents that we had submitted already with an additional letter they required. Thank God this documents did not have an expiry date on them and thus we where able to submit them right away with the additional letter.

Now for my concerns:

My wife is pregnant and the due date is late August Early September. .

1. We decided to make our application Outbound so my wife would be free to travel to Guatemala where she is currently at with a Canadian Visitors visa which we got before we applied for PR.

2. In order for her to have the baby in Ontario with OHIP benefits she would probably would have to land in the next couple of weeks but that dream is slowly fainting away.

3. We also learn that in order for her to be cover for by OHIP we only required a letter from IRCC stating the following:
  • Be on IRCC Letterhead, addressed to the applicant
  • State IRCC has confirm applicant is eligible to apply for permanent resident in Canada
  • Applied for permanent resident
  • met eligibility requirement to apply for permanent residence
  • have not been denied
We where under the impression that she had to have PR status already. This is not the case as you can see. This is available for out-land and inland applications.

4. We have requested the letter from IRCC last week. We requested the letter because through our member of parliament we found out that she is already past the eligibility part of the application and now she is at the security and criminality part which is the last part. Since my wife has a visitors visa and our application is outbound we believe that she can come to apply for OHIP already. But we are still waiting for the letter from IRCC. Further are worry extend because she can be denied entry upon arrival at Pearson Airport since her pregnancy is now noticeable.

5. Our Other option is to wait and if the papers come at a time withing the 90 day waiting period of OHIP and she still able to travel medically. She can land and than return to Guatemala immediately to have the baby.
  1. When the baby is born we can apply for proof of Citizenship
  2. We can also get a temporary passport since the proof of Citizenship can take up-to 8 months. The temporary passport can be giving withing 30 days if we show that we need to travel back to Canada immediately.
6. Our other option is to inform IRCC that she is pregnant when we get COPR. I've informed myself that in this case we have to wait until the baby is born than add him to the application. I have been a citizen of Canada for a long time so even with all the changes I know that my baby can inherit the Canadian citizenship from me even if he is born in Guatemala. My concern here are Plenty
  1. Does COPR expire when the medicals exams expired? If so My wife will only have until mid November to land. Which means there is only about 2 months between when she is due and COPR expired.
  2. I have know Idea on howl long this option will extend my wives application.
If you can shed any light on our worries or add comments please let me know. I share my experience in the hopes of getting some replies and also hopefully helping someone in the future. Point number 3 is not known to immigrants but if you go to the OHIP website you can see that it is an option to get OHIP while obtaining the letter from IRCC.

Thank You everyone.

lilly156

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
03-04-2018
Doc's Request.
30-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-05-2018
File Transfer...
27-06-2018
Med's Request
14-05-2018
Med's Done....
17-05-2018
hi, i live in Peru country of residence and my application might be sent to Mexico or my country of Birth, i wanted to ask once they send it to Mexico then i move back to my country of birth will they transfer my vo? i want it to stay in Mexico since its faster that my country of birth.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Hello everyone I'm glad that Mexico VO has allot of movement. I like to share my experience and my concerns.

Last communication we had with VO office was the pre-arrival letter with additional documents to add. We submitted the additional documents 2hrs after we got the email because there where documents that we had submitted already with an additional letter they required. Thank God this documents did not have an expiry date on them and thus we where able to submit them right away with the additional letter.

Now for my concerns:

My wife is pregnant and the due date is late August Early September. .

1. We decided to make our application Outbound so my wife would be free to travel to Guatemala where she is currently at with a Canadian Visitors visa which we got before we applied for PR.

2. In order for her to have the baby in Ontario with OHIP benefits she would probably would have to land in the next couple of weeks but that dream is slowly fainting away.

3. We also learn that in order for her to be cover for by OHIP we only required a letter from IRCC stating the following:
  • Be on IRCC Letterhead, addressed to the applicant
  • State IRCC has confirm applicant is eligible to apply for permanent resident in Canada
  • Applied for permanent resident
  • met eligibility requirement to apply for permanent residence
  • have not been denied
We where under the impression that she had to have PR status already. This is not the case as you can see. This is available for out-land and inland applications.

4. We have requested the letter from IRCC last week. We requested the letter because through our member of parliament we found out that she is already past the eligibility part of the application and now she is at the security and criminality part which is the last part. Since my wife has a visitors visa and our application is outbound we believe that she can come to apply for OHIP already. But we are still waiting for the letter from IRCC. Further are worry extend because she can be denied entry upon arrival at Pearson Airport since her pregnancy is now noticeable.

5. Our Other option is to wait and if the papers come at a time withing the 90 day waiting period of OHIP and she still able to travel medically. She can land and than return to Guatemala immediately to have the baby.
  1. When the baby is born we can apply for proof of Citizenship
  2. We can also get a temporary passport since the proof of Citizenship can take up-to 8 months. The temporary passport can be giving withing 30 days if we show that we need to travel back to Canada immediately.
6. Our other option is to inform IRCC that she is pregnant when we get COPR. I've informed myself that in this case we have to wait until the baby is born than add him to the application. I have been a citizen of Canada for a long time so even with all the changes I know that my baby can inherit the Canadian citizenship from me even if he is born in Guatemala. My concern here are Plenty
  1. Does COPR expire when the medicals exams expired? If so My wife will only have until mid November to land. Which means there is only about 2 months between when she is due and COPR expired.
  2. I have know Idea on howl long this option will extend my wives application.
If you can shed any light on our worries or add comments please let me know. I share my experience in the hopes of getting some replies and also hopefully helping someone in the future. Point number 3 is not known to immigrants but if you go to the OHIP website you can see that it is an option to get OHIP while obtaining the letter from IRCC.

Thank You everyone.
I think the coverage information for ohip is for inland applicants. Your wife has to wait 3 months from landing in order to apply for ohip

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
im sure everything is just fine and that it is PPR. often times they will extend validity of medicals which is what they did for us as well!! stay positive!! he will be here for fathers day!!!
I also agree that it is most likely the PPR. It has been a long road for you guys! It should be the final step(s) before your hubby can land!

Reactions: Aloaleja

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
hi, i live in Peru country of residence and my application might be sent to Mexico or my country of Birth, i wanted to ask once they send it to Mexico then i move back to my country of birth will they transfer my vo? i want it to stay in Mexico since its faster that my country of birth.
I think applicants from Peru are being processed through the VO in Mexico. Your application will stay in Mexico until it is finished being processed in all likelihood. Good luck and hopefully have a speedy processing timeline!

lilly156

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
03-04-2018
Doc's Request.
30-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-05-2018
File Transfer...
27-06-2018
Med's Request
14-05-2018
Med's Done....
17-05-2018

Also
I think applicants from Peru are being processed through the VO in Mexico. Your application will stay in Mexico until it is finished being processed in all likelihood. Good luck and hopefully have a speedy processing timeline!
Thank you,