+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

krouss

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
Do you mean your application is at 13.5 months and they are just now asking you for additional docs? If so, that sucks and I am sorry for you. Would you mind sharing with us the nature of the additional docs? It's good to get an idea of the types of things that tend to get requested.
Thanks again, and hopefully this means things are moving??
No, was just replying to Majesty that I can't think that she's waiting 13.5 months now without them asking new documents...

As for my case, they just sent me a bunch of new documents I need to send and it's been 8 months since we applied... I guess the fact of them asking us more document maybe will delay the process of our app...

Documents are:

- They ask copies of birth certificat of his kids (we already sent that... don't know why they ask again)
-Filling again the family information form,
-a new schedule A but with all its information since his 18 years old...
-Only because his police certificate indicated that he has been accuse in the year 2000, which the line after says everything is cleared now because he has been found not guilty.... they ask for all court paper ....

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
No, was just replying to Majesty that I can't think that she's waiting 13.5 months now without them asking new documents...

As for my case, they just sent me a bunch of new documents I need to send and it's been 8 months since we applied... I guess the fact of them asking us more document maybe will delay the process of our app...

Documents are:

- They ask copies of birth certificat of his kids (we already sent that... don't know why they ask again)
-Filling again the family information form,
-a new schedule A but with all its information since his 18 years old...
-Only because his police certificate indicated that he has been accuse in the year 2000, which the line after says everything is cleared now because he has been found not guilty.... they ask for all court paper ....
They asked my partner to bring a new police record from Chile and a new driving record as his old ones went over a year back in November 2017. His medical results expire in May 2018. They already automatically renewed it once before because the one he submitted with his application expired in July 2017 and they renewed it in May 2017 (they gave him another year). If he passes his interview, I sure hope that they will finish processing his app (background check which our last set of notes said the criminality still in progress and security check not started) before that and get all the paper work done in the next 2 months or else I don't know if they will renew his medical results a second time before he is able to land.

peter12345

Mar 14, 2018
Hello everyone,

Is there anyone sponsoring their parents in this forum? My application has been forwarded to Mexico on February 2018. Does anyone know the waiting time for parents?

Thanks a lot!

lynncita

Star Member
Sep 22, 2011
Managua, Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
06-12-2017
Doc's Request.
13-02-2018
AOR Received.
05-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
This is a difficult situation. I've been through something a bit similar but still was different. I would suggest sending a letter from a lawyer to her and keep copy so that way you have proof you make everything in your power to get the children to the doctor. Explain in this letter why the governement ask for this and what are the objectives. It will probably delay your demand and you will have to sign a form that you will never ever be able to sponsor those children in the future.
Thanks for your input. In your situation, did you ever have legal custody of the child? In his situation, he never lived with her, never had legal custody, nothing...

NicandNacho

Jul 17, 2017
Hi everyone! Good news, we got out PPR yesterday! Now we are just trying to figure out what exactly to do next. We are in Argentina and just so I am completely clear... where exactly would we send my partners passport ? The link that the cic sends you to figure out where to send your passport is confusing. Thank you in advance

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Hi everyone! Good news, we got out PPR yesterday! Now we are just trying to figure out what exactly to do next. We are in Argentina and just so I am completely clear... where exactly would we send my partners passport ? The link that the cic sends you to figure out where to send your passport is confusing. Thank you in advance
We used the visa application center in the dominican. If not the address is at the bottom of the letter. Congrats!!!!

Reactions: NicandNacho

NicandNacho

Jul 17, 2017
Thank you! So I'm assuming we use the visa application centre in Argentina then? Sorry it is just a bit confusing on where to exactly send it. We are going to call the CVAC here on Monday just to be clear.

chambi28

Feb 24, 2018
Visa Office......
Mexico
Congrats @NicandNacho

In our case we received a letter from the Mexico embassy but it said:

All required documents mentioned in STEP 3 must be submitted by mail or in person at the Visa
Application Centre

To find out where to send your passport, visit our website www.cic.gc.ca/submit and select your country of
residence from the drop down menu.

My husband found the VAC website and info of Peru and went to the office to submit his passport and others docs requested.

Hope it helps and good luck!

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016, AOR2 (RPRF req) 04/04/2017
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2016 and passed, redone 16-11-2017
Interview........
26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
Thank you! So I'm assuming we use the visa application centre in Argentina then? Sorry it is just a bit confusing on where to exactly send it. We are going to call the CVAC here on Monday just to be clear.
Yes we used the CVAC in santo domingo too it was cheap to send through them, you can even request they deliver to you the passport at the applicants address, instead of picking it up too.

Congrats!!

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Just wanted to update here. We passed our interview last week on Mar. 19 in Buenos Aires. The visa officer who interviewed my partner gave him a hard time (I could hear a lot of what they said on the other side of the door). She interviewed him mostly in English but asked a few questions in Spanish too for some reason. He did great and after 55 minutes, he came out and just said to me that it was my turn (she wanted to talk to me, so good thing I went to the interview). I was with her for about 10 minutes and she asked me questions about what we had in common, and what I did for a living, and I could see she was kind of skeptical. But when I mentioned that we liked to cook and that I could speak some Spanish, she kind of changed her tone and spoke to me in Spanish a little and about Latin culture. She told me in the end our relationship seemed to be "eligible" and that after they checked my partner's new PCC and driving record and made sure that his medical results were still valid, she would email him next week.

On the following day, though, the visa officer left a message on my cell phone just before 6 PM and asked if my partner could bring in his passport to the embassy. As it was late, (by the time we get there, the embassy would have been closed), we went the next day at 8:30 AM to give them my partner's passport. The agent there photocopied it and gave it back to my partner and said his coPR might be ready after 3 PM that day. However, we were both had 4:30 PM flights to catch that day, so we told her that they should just email my partner and have them send the coPR to his house. We left the embassy after that. 2 hours later though at 10:30 I got another call/message on the cellphone that the coPR was ready. We had a cab ordered to take us to the airport at 12:30 PM, but decided to make a trip to the embassy. Luckily the traffic was not too bad, so at 11:00 AM we got there and my partner got his coPR.

It was a crazy time. As I have had a few days now to reflect on it, I guess how it all happened so fast in getting the coPR in the end was almost like a reward for us having to wait almost 14 months to get to this stage.

As our story was a worse case scenario of what can happen, when you start to lose hope, just remember it will eventually all come to an end!

geografa

Apr 30, 2017
Just wanted to update here. We passed our interview last week on Mar. 19 in Buenos Aires. The visa officer who interviewed my partner gave him a hard time (I could hear a lot of what they said on the other side of the door). She interviewed him mostly in English but asked a few questions in Spanish too for some reason. He did great and after 55 minutes, he came out and just said to me that it was my turn (she wanted to talk to me, so good thing I went to the interview). I was with her for about 10 minutes and she asked me questions about what we had in common, and what I did for a living, and I could see she was kind of skeptical. But when I mentioned that we liked to cook and that I could speak some Spanish, she kind of changed her tone and spoke to me in Spanish a little and about Latin culture. She told me in the end our relationship seemed to be "eligible" and that after they checked my partner's new PCC and driving record and made sure that his medical results were still valid, she would email him next week.

On the following day, though, the visa officer left a message on my cell phone just before 6 PM and asked if my partner could bring in his passport to the embassy. As it was late, (by the time we get there, the embassy would have been closed), we went the next day at 8:30 AM to give them my partner's passport. The agent there photocopied it and gave it back to my partner and said his coPR might be ready after 3 PM that day. However, we were both had 4:30 PM flights to catch that day, so we told her that they should just email my partner and have them send the coPR to his house. We left the embassy after that. 2 hours later though at 10:30 I got another call/message on the cellphone that the coPR was ready. We had a cab ordered to take us to the airport at 12:30 PM, but decided to make a trip to the embassy. Luckily the traffic was not too bad, so at 11:00 AM we got there and my partner got his coPR.

It was a crazy time. As I have had a few days now to reflect on it, I guess how it all happened so fast in getting the coPR in the end was almost like a reward for us having to wait almost 14 months to get to this stage.

As our story was a worse case scenario of what can happen, when you start to lose hope, just remember it will eventually all come to an end!
YAAAAAY!!!! It's over/finally beginning! :) Can you tell the rest of us what kind of documentation they had you bring? Us fellow common-law applicants live in fear of the interview LOL, and I am curious to know what they had you bring?

Reactions: msb

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
YAAAAAY!!!! It's over/finally beginning! :) Can you tell the rest of us what kind of documentation they had you bring? Us fellow common-law applicants live in fear of the interview LOL, and I am curious to know what they had you bring?
Are you talking about the documentation we brought to the interview? Actually the letter they sent us to tell us about the interview only said to bring in a new PCC from my partner's home country (as his expired in November) a new driving record (that also went over a year) and the actual letter stating what we needed to bring for the interview. Other than that they did not request that we bring in any other kind of documentation, not even the passport, but of course we brought that in as security had to look at that (only my partner's but not mine?) when we registered at the embassy. Because our GCMS notes did not indicate the exact concerns they had about our relationship, I assembled and brought more emails, whatsapp conversations, pictures and other things like proof of address and forms showing financial interdependence which we didn't originally submit. However, they visa officer did not ask us to show her any of this. I think it really depends on what their concerns are about the relationship. For us, my partner said the officer had kind of decided that our age and cultural differences was a concern and also the fact that my partner and I started our relationship when I was still married (my marriage had been over for about 2 years before that but we didn't separate yet as my son was 8 at the time). My partner had to convince her that this was the case and that I was getting everything in order to make the separation easier for everyone. In the end, I think when the officer talked to us in person, it didn't make whatever we had down on paper seem like such a soap opera, as we did have a complicated past.

Reactions: msb

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016, AOR2 (RPRF req) 04/04/2017
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2016 and passed, redone 16-11-2017
Interview........
26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018

Finally!!! Your interview was kinda like ours! Congrats!!!!! So happy for ya, been waiting to see an update from you.

Reactions: majesty

chambi28

Feb 24, 2018
Visa Office......
Mexico
Congrats @majesty !!

I've read your long journey in this forum and I'm happy for you.

My husband received his CoPR and passport today!! So it's finally over for us, 12 months with lots of stress, anxiety, almost depression but also happy moments ( when we got the SA, medical request, etc)

Thanks a lot to everyone, this forum it's really a big family