+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

krouss

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
Did you submit the 20 photos they asked for? Usually people have way more than this but they don't want you to submit more, so not sure why this would be a concern for most people. Why didn't they just ask you guys for more photos then?? My spouse has his interview on March 19 and our GCMS notes also did not indicate specifically any concerns, even though we are aware of our red flags. Maybe we both had the same officer doing the summary for the assessment of the relationship.

We are 13.5 months into processing and I'll be so upset if they don't tell him if he is approved or not on the 19th. Even if they don't approve him, I want to know, we have been in limbo without a decision for way too long!

I hope you hear something back from them before 2 weeks time and get a positive decision!

13.5 months?? don't they respect the 12 months delay?

VUPtoYOW

Star Member
Jan 14, 2018
Did you submit the 20 photos they asked for? Usually people have way more than this but they don't want you to submit more, so not sure why this would be a concern for most people. Why didn't they just ask you guys for more photos then?? My spouse has his interview on March 19 and our GCMS notes also did not indicate specifically any concerns, even though we are aware of our red flags. Maybe we both had the same officer doing the summary for the assessment of the relationship.

We are 13.5 months into processing and I'll be so upset if they don't tell him if he is approved or not on the 19th. Even if they don't approve him, I want to know, we have been in limbo without a decision for way too long!

I hope you hear something back from them before 2 weeks time and get a positive decision!

Can you share with us your red flags, if possible? Thanks

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
13.5 months?? don't they respect the 12 months delay?
I guess we fall in the 20% statistic that goes over the 12 month processing time. We needed an interview and we unfortunately had longer waiting times at several steps which delayed the processing of our application. Bad luck in the timing of when we submitted too. We were never asked for additional documents, so it wasn't that our app was not put together well, (we had close to 120 pages in our file because we have been together for about 6 years now). We paid an immigration consultant to look over our app before we submitted as we knew we were complicated.

Reactions: msb

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Can you share with us your red flags, if possible? Thanks
There is a significant age difference between my partner and I, we applied 3.5 years after we cohabited (we are common-law), and I am divorced and have a child from a previous relationship. Some other minor things, but these are the main ones.

KloveG

Sep 4, 2016
Dominican Republic
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2017 AOR and SA
File Transfer...
20-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront and again October 24, 2017
Med's Done....
06-10-2016 and 24-10-2016
Interview........
24-10-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2017
LANDED..........
18-12-2017
Hey guys!

I'm new to this thread and i was hoping someone could shed some light on my case

My husband is from DR and I'm obviously a Canadian citizen. Below are my application details.

App Sent: April 19, 2017
App Rec: April 21, 2017
App Processed: May 23, 2017
AOR Rec (Sponsor & PA): May 24, 2017
Schedule A & PCC Request: June 5, 2017
Schedule A & PCC Sent: June 9, 2017
RPRF Request: June 9, 2017
RPRF Paid: June 12, 2017
Sponosor Approval: August 29, 2017
Medical Request: August 31, 2017
App. Transfer to Mexico VO: September 27, 2017
Medical Sent: September 28, 2017
Medical Passed: September 29, 2017
Interview Request: February 6, 2018

So i'm kind of freaking out because today is my husband's interview at the embassy. Has anyone in this forum had an interview? what kind of questions do they ask?

Any April applicants that have already had their applications approved?
We had an interview in October in DR. Luckily o was there. They asked him many questions about our relationship, his history of relationships etc. They also called me in and asked me a few questions but it was mostly questions for him. We did get approved right there in the interview.
We were engaged and married within a year. There is 7 years difference, which is not a big deal.

Reactions: msb

chambi28

Feb 24, 2018
Visa Office......
Mexico
Hi everyone!

I´m new in the forum and been reading almost all the posts in the past few days:). My husband and I are from Peru and I'm sponsoring him via the outland application (March 2017 app) We are so excited because we got our Pre-arrival email last saturday and today our Ecas changed to DM but no email and no PPR yet. o_O

He is currently visiting me in Toronto and we were wondering if we can send his passport to Mexico from here and if he can do the "landing" while being here. If someone had experience this before, please please help us. :)

Thank you!!!

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Hi everyone!

I´m new in the forum and been reading almost all the posts in the past few days:). My husband and I are from Peru and I'm sponsoring him via the outland application (March 2017 app) We are so excited because we got our Pre-arrival email last saturday and today our Ecas changed to DM but no email and no PPR yet. o_O

He is currently visiting me in Toronto and we were wondering if we can send his passport to Mexico from here and if he can do the "landing" while being here. If someone had experience this before, please please help us. :)

Thank you!!!
Odd i got ppr monday and dm today!!!

You should be able to send passport to ottawa and then flagpole

krouss

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
I guess we fall in the 20% statistic that goes over the 12 month processing time. We needed an interview and we unfortunately had longer waiting times at several steps which delayed the processing of our application. Bad luck in the timing of when we submitted too. We were never asked for additional documents, so it wasn't that our app was not put together well, (we had close to 120 pages in our file because we have been together for about 6 years now). We paid an immigration consultant to look over our app before we submitted as we knew we were complicated.
Wow...13.5 months without asking for aditionnal documents... I just got an email and they ask me about 5 or 6 documents now :\ they give me 2 months to send it... :(

krouss

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
There is a significant age difference between my partner and I, we applied 3.5 years after we cohabited (we are common-law), and I am divorced and have a child from a previous relationship. Some other minor things, but these are the main ones.
And how is significant age difference? I have 12 years with hubby and I dont even consider like a significant age difference ... I don't know what standards are for that.

After 6 years of relationship they still question if your relationship is real or not ?:\

geografa

Apr 30, 2017
Wow...13.5 months without asking for aditionnal documents... I just got an email and they ask me about 5 or 6 documents now :\ they give me 2 months to send it... :(
Do you mean your application is at 13.5 months and they are just now asking you for additional docs? If so, that sucks and I am sorry for you. Would you mind sharing with us the nature of the additional docs? It's good to get an idea of the types of things that tend to get requested.
Thanks again, and hopefully this means things are moving??

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
As I said, we had the worse case scenario of everything happen to us. We submitted the evidence they wanted but we had more, being together for 6 years now. I guess more documents wasn't going to satisfy them about proving our relationship was genuine. Still don't know for sure what exactly they are most concerned about as none of our GCMS notes indicated their concerns. We are scheduled to get another set but as usual they are late. I doubt they will say anything new as they probably haven't been processing our app since we have been in the interview queue since November and then they sent our app to Argentina in February. BTW, they gave us 120 days (4 months) to get our RCMP fingerprint report and I don't think they looked at it until after the 120 days was up. See why our app took forever to process?!

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
And how is significant age difference? I have 12 years with hubby and I dont even consider like a significant age difference ... I don't know what standards are for that.

After 6 years of relationship they still question if your relationship is real or not ?:\
I am older than my partner by more than 12 years. I don't know if that is their biggest issue with our relationship, but I'm sure it is one of their concerns. I suppose like a lot of people they might wonder why a person would want to be with someone who is significantly older because they wouldn't have anything in common, etc ... I have heard it all before and that is why I choose not to discuss this usually with people and one of the reasons we didn't want to apply under this stream of immigration as I knew it would come up as an issue. In the end if 2 people are happy, what does it matter how old they are. My ex-husband and I were born in the same year and yet he is my ex. However, I suppose from an immigration standpoint, they have to look at the cons and focus on their suspicions and think that it might be a reason for someone trying to gain entry into Canada by having the younger person compliment the older person and then take advantage of them that way or financially, etc., (you can use your imagination).

As for the 6 years, we could only live together for one as his work visa expired and he could not get a new one ... long story. That is likely another thing which will come up during the interview. I had read a story about this couple who were "together" for 11 years and had a child together then finally (Canadian wife and Indian husband) were able to get PR for the husband and he landed and lived with the wife for 2 years here (at that time they still had to fulfill the 2 year conditional PR status where they had to live together before getting official PR. After that, the husband disappeared and he took a lot of the assets etc and I can't remember the details but the wife found out it was an elaborately hatched scheme just for the husband to get PR in the country. I guess 6 years of being together isn't really a long time if you consider cases like this, which I don't think happens a lot, but still happened.

chambi28

Feb 24, 2018
Visa Office......
Mexico
PPR Today!! i'm still crying!! They called my husband from the Mexico Embassy just to let him know that he needs to send his passport. They gave him 10 days o_O so we asked for extension because he's flying this 17 and the VAC is closed at that date.

STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS
All required documents mentioned in STEP 3 must be submitted by mail or in person at the Visa
Application Centre.
With these documents make sure to include:
- The visa application centre (VAC) fees (VACs charge service fees to send your passport(s) and
documents to the visa office);
- Your contact information, including your e-mail, phone number and return address; and
- The VAC consent forms (available on their website).
To find out where to send your passport, visit our website www.cic.gc.ca/submit and select your country of
residence from the drop down menu.
Hubby will finally have some peace in his mind!!