+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

ahmedwaly

Nov 19, 2016
They sent me an email with a document saying I'm eligible for pre-arrival services. Does that mean I was approved? I had my interview 2 days ago and they said they'd let me know if I was within a month or 6 weeks. I'm so confused
Yes you passed eligibility congratulations

Reactions: GZ

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Hello Majesty,

just checking how is it going with you? have you received an update of your app? I hope they waived your interview.
Thanks for asking! There are some very nice people on this forum, of which you are one of them!

I wish I could say that some miraculously joyous event happened with our app, but absolutely nothing has happened as usual. In fact anytime I have gotten information from this VO since May 26, 2017 was when I initiated some kind of communication and did my own investigation of what was happening with the status of our application. Other than that, I am almost convinced that they have thrown our application back into some black hole.

As for our interview, I have heard absolutely nothing. I am waiting to get our GCMS notes, which might take another 3 more weeks as we had to resend our consent form (this was my fault as I was trying to take a short cut ... I was getting so tired of filling out forms for a 4th time to get the notes and did something careless). We hope we can find out if any of our reviews have been completed (like criminality which has been in progress since February ... so almost a year) and whether there is any kind of a note saying why after 10 months of looking at our application they decided we needed an interview. I plan to send an email to ask them of our interview status, and status in general unless we get an email from them between now and January 25.

Depending on what our latest set of GCMS notes say and whether the VO says anything of substance, if there has been no progress in our case since October, I guess I will go back to our MP and have them ask why our case is taking so long to process.

I hope you are ready for your interview which will be soon. Wish you the best of luck and that soon after that, you will be reunited with your hubby permanently! :)

cindyy

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MÉXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2017
AOR Received.
22-02-2017
File Transfer...
SA - March 11/17
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
22-10-2016
Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
Thanks for asking! There are some very nice people on this forum, of which you are one of them!

I wish I could say that some miraculously joyous event happened with our app, but absolutely nothing has happened as usual. In fact anytime I have gotten information from this VO since May 26, 2017 was when I initiated some kind of communication and did my own investigation of what was happening with the status of our application. Other than that, I am almost convinced that they have thrown our application back into some black hole.

As for our interview, I have heard absolutely nothing. I am waiting to get our GCMS notes, which might take another 3 more weeks as we had to resend our consent form (this was my fault as I was trying to take a short cut ... I was getting so tired of filling out forms for a 4th time to get the notes and did something careless). We hope we can find out if any of our reviews have been completed (like criminality which has been in progress since February ... so almost a year) and whether there is any kind of a note saying why after 10 months of looking at our application they decided we needed an interview. I plan to send an email to ask them of our interview status, and status in general unless we get an email from them between now and January 25.

Depending on what our latest set of GCMS notes say and whether the VO says anything of substance, if there has been no progress in our case since October, I guess I will go back to our MP and have them ask why our case is taking so long to process.

I hope you are ready for your interview which will be soon. Wish you the best of luck and that soon after that, you will be reunited with your hubby permanently! :)
Goodluck!, It seems like they are taking long in the process of getting our applications done with. Hopefully you get news soon

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Goodluck!, It seems like they are taking long in the process of getting our applications done with. Hopefully you get news soon
Long time is right! I am not going to make any more predictions about when this is going to end. I will keep chugging along and keep pestering the VO and my MP when it seems appropriate. I don't know what else to do. We'll see if the GCMS notes say about this interview business. My partner quit his job and his last day is on February 8. He is going to get his life together back home and then hopefully come here in March. We'll have to figure out proof that he still has ties back home ... he's got a bunch of pets there and leave his bank accounts intact maybe. If they still haven't told him what the interview status is by then, he'll just have to take the chance of having to go back. Can't put our lives on hold much longer ... we have waited long enough. Lucky he is from a visa-exempt country so he just needs the eTA to come to Canada.

Hopefully your husband gets his passport back soon and his coPR so he can land! You must be a little frustrated also!

tschellsi

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Hey everyone :) my husband is applying for his PR inland and we will need to get his police certificate for Mexico pretty soon. Does anyone know how long it usually takes? I don't want to be late with anything!

geografa

Apr 30, 2017
Hi all;
At what stage have folks been finding it most useful to order GCMS notes from Mexico VO- as in- after how many months from when your application is transferred?
Cheers!

geografa

Apr 30, 2017
Five minutes after my previous post, we got a request for medical exam for my partner. I'm relieved because we had submitted upfront but it expired right away and I was hoping that didn't cause confusion.

benghace

Jan 30, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
10-05-2017
Med's Done....
14-042017
hEY!

Yesterday cic accountupdated to " application has been approved", letter sent saying visa has been stamped on passport !! yey, we sent passport last friday jan 5th, any idea when we should be getting passport back?

Thanks
Hey,

did you ever receive the passport or were you able to at least track it. I got the same email but still no answer.

gbatista

Star Member
Aug 29, 2014
Santo Domingo
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/16/2014
Nomination.....
01/19/2015
AOR Received.
05/08/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
04/17/2015
Med's Request
05/08/2015
Med's Done....
05/18/2015
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
06/08/2015
Hey,

did you ever receive the passport or were you able to at least track it. I got the same email but still no answer.

Hey , yes we sent passport last friday jan 5th , it arrived at the mexico embassy on monday 8th and got it back Jan 15th. Took only one wekk!!!

Reactions: GZ and benghace

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Hey guys, in your experience does Mexico VO send AOR2 emails ? I've seen posted that some VO offices do not. Thanks in advance !
Ive not received one and my file started being processed there in may

CaroM8

Feb 26, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
26/09/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016 - SA:25/10/2016 - AOR2: 22/12/16
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
LANDED..........
14-11-2017
Hey guys, in your experience does Mexico VO send AOR2 emails ? I've seen posted that some VO offices do not. Thanks in advance !
We technically received one but it was months after that actually started processing our file. File started processing in March according to ECAS but we didn’t get the AOR2 until May if I recall correctly.

geografa

Apr 30, 2017
We technically received one but it was months after that actually started processing our file. File started processing in March according to ECAS but we didn’t get the AOR2 until May if I recall correctly.
Yes, we never received an e-mail from Mexico VO, but ECAS says "we started processing your application on Dec.6th".. which I took to be AOR2, and then a couple days ago they sent us the medical request = someone has opened our file! lol

KloveG

Sep 4, 2016
Dominican Republic
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2017 AOR and SA
File Transfer...
20-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront and again October 24, 2017
Med's Done....
06-10-2016 and 24-10-2016
Interview........
24-10-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2017
LANDED..........
18-12-2017
Our ecas updated in march saying they started processing our file. And we got an email late May for official AOR2

THESixTO

Jan 23, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
9-18-2018
Doc's Request.
11-8-2018
AOR Received.
11-2-2018
File Transfer...
1-9-2018
Med's Request
11-7-2018
Med's Done....
11-30-2018
We auctually were requested to send in medical and pcc before the application was transferred. I wonder why some people are requested before transfer to their VO and some after. Any clue as to why ?
My wives application is almost following the same route as yours. She also had her medicals, Police Certificate and Schedule A requested before her application got transfer to Mexico Visa office.

geografa

Apr 30, 2017
We auctually were requested to send in medical and pcc before the application was transferred. I wonder why some people are requested before transfer to their VO and some after. Any clue as to why ?
I not sure, but in our case, we submitted my partner's medical upfront, though it was due to expire a couple months later. I'm guessing this messed up the regular order of things and now they are requesting it. I'm hoping this doesn't mean extra delays for us, but it's really imposible to know!