App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
His did his medical and police check initially july 27, 2016. So it expired this july 2017. They asked us to redo 2 and half month after expiry. But they can extend yours or ask to redo. I heard they need to close 80% of 2016 cases by the end of this year. That is why they are working harder now. From 2018 processing times will be 12 month. We got bad luck. Hopefully this ends soon. Good luck
Hmmmm interesting. So they could still ask for my partner's PCC after expiry date. With our luck, (so far we have had none ... everything is taking on the longer end), this might happen. Thanks for your reply! I hope you hear some good news well before the end of the year. We applied in January, so nothing will probably happen for us before most of the people here from Oct to Dec 2016 are finished being processed.

IrinaDi

Sep 26, 2017
Hmmmm interesting. So they could still ask for my partner's PCC after expiry date. With our luck, (so far we have had none ... everything is taking on the longer end), this might happen. Thanks for your reply! I hope you hear some good news well before the end of the year. We applied in January, so nothing will probably happen for us before most of the people here from Oct to Dec 2016 are finished being processed.
To be honest not sure when it starts 2017 or 2018 for processing times 12 month. You have 2 and half month. Our case takes took. Be positive this will end.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
To be honest not sure when it starts 2017 or 2018 for processing times 12 month. You have 2 and half month. Our case takes took. Be positive this will end.
As of Dec 7, 2016, IRCC has said that they are trying to process 80% of applicants in 12 months or less. I checked updates on the website and it is still saying that. However, as per the VO, there is still a notice saying that processing delays might happen due to the earthquake in Mexico, although I don't think it is a big issue as people seem to be getting their interview dates and some getting PPR. I think as someone else said, there is now a push to get the people who applied in 2016 processed as they are nearing or at the 12 month mark. I am not sure if there is some accountability factor that the government is keeping track of, let's hope so. But since I applied after 2016, it is more likely that my app is not at the "top of the pile" priority, so I am thinking it might even take until after the New Year to hear something. Only thing keeping me going is that I might possibly be able to see my partner next month. This will be the only thing to look forward to since there is minimal chances of him getting an email asking for his passport before the end of November.

I know that at some point this will end, but I feel really numb right now about this whole thing .... I have pretty much stopped hoping and just look forward to the things that are achievable, like seeing my partner. At least they can't rob us of the time we can spend together on vacation!

Jalisse

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Visa Office......
Mexico
So.....I've hit another bump in the this application road. Although in interview PR was approved. Just got letter beginning of October that another agent looked at application file and wants to reject the application. We have 30 days to submit other documentation and change the agents mind. Lawyer is preparing letter and after nov.4 we shall know if agent has gone ahead with his rejection or not. If it gets rejected we have the honour of starting an appeal process. Yay!!!! The fun continues!

jmsd2017

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
So.....I've hit another bump in the this application road. Although in interview PR was approved. Just got letter beginning of October that another agent looked at application file and wants to reject the application. We have 30 days to submit other documentation and change the agents mind. Lawyer is preparing letter and after nov.4 we shall know if agent has gone ahead with his rejection or not. If it gets rejected we have the honour of starting an appeal process. Yay!!!! The fun continues!
Best of luck!

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Ahhh. There are three conditions that have to be met inorder to be approved. We don't meet one condition. It's protocol.
Which 3 conditions?

Jalisse

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Visa Office......
Mexico
Which 3 conditions?
First they check that marriage is genuine....that was fine, Second they check health if there's any diseases.....that's good, third criminality.....he didn't get charged for a crime but coming illegally could be a crime if charged.....and that's where we failed. So in the letter my lawyer is sending now he's explaining why he did it (which they already know since we did PRRA in past), bring attention to the fact that his criminal checks both in Canada and Mexico were both clear. So my lawyer is suggesting in letter rehabilitation, which you can apply for after 5 years of act having taken place (that would have have been deemed criminal behaviour). We'll see if they accept the rehabilitation. If not we go for ADR (alternative dispute resolution). A step before appeal which tends to be faster than appeal...if that doesn't come out positive then we go to appeal.

Last edited:

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
First they check that marriage is genuine....that was fine, Second they check health if there's any diseases.....that's good, third criminality.....he didn't get charged for a crime but coming illegally could be a crime if charged.....and that's where we failed. So in the letter my lawyer is sending now he's explaining why he did it (which they already know since we did PRRA in past), bring attention to the fact that his criminal checks both in Canada and Mexico were both clear. So my lawyer is suggesting in letter rehabilitation, which you can apply for after 5 years of act having taken place (that would have have been deemed criminal behaviour). We'll see if they accept the rehabilitation. If not we go for ADR (alternative dispute resolution). A step before appeal which tends to be faster than appeal...if that doesn't come out positive then we go to appeal.
Wow. I hope that it doesnt get rejected at all. Wish you the best

akash005

Apr 19, 2016
Toronto
I sent my passport and PPR documents to the Schiller 529 embassy and after that I got a email from CPCO that the correct address to send the documents was Miguel Cervantes embassy. Did anybody face similar problem before ( as they did not specify address in PPR email). Will the embassy directly forward that documents to correct embassy or I need to follow another process?

cindyy

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MÉXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2017
AOR Received.
22-02-2017
File Transfer...
SA - March 11/17
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
22-10-2016
Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
They asked my husband to redo medical and criminal records. No interview yet. We are at 14 months mark. Does anybody know if it is a good sign?
My husband was required to do the same. We sent in the original documents today as the courier was not avaliable to Mexico due to the weather. I hope it is a good sign as well

cindyy

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MÉXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2017
AOR Received.
22-02-2017
File Transfer...
SA - March 11/17
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
22-10-2016
Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
As of Dec 7, 2016, IRCC has said that they are trying to process 80% of applicants in 12 months or less. I checked updates on the website and it is still saying that. However, as per the VO, there is still a notice saying that processing delays might happen due to the earthquake in Mexico, although I don't think it is a big issue as people seem to be getting their interview dates and some getting PPR. I think as someone else said, there is now a push to get the people who applied in 2016 processed as they are nearing or at the 12 month mark. I am not sure if there is some accountability factor that the government is keeping track of, let's hope so. But since I applied after 2016, it is more likely that my app is not at the "top of the pile" priority, so I am thinking it might even take until after the New Year to hear something. Only thing keeping me going is that I might possibly be able to see my partner next month. This will be the only thing to look forward to since there is minimal chances of him getting an email asking for his passport before the end of November.

I know that at some point this will end, but I feel really numb right now about this whole thing .... I have pretty much stopped hoping and just look forward to the things that are achievable, like seeing my partner. At least they can't rob us of the time we can spend together on vacation!

I completely understand you ... Honestly enjoy your vacay .. and lets hope for the best. Maybe well be able to hear something in December... I hate waiting and it really sucks because everything is uncertain but I might also just plan a vacay if nothing new is said by the VO within the next month. When in january did u apply?