Costa Rica Destination city: Saskatoon
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
México
App. Filed.......
April 4
Doc's Request.
Gckey link: april 28. May 4: Schedule A and digital photo , pcc with initial application
AOR Received.
Aor1: April 27. Aor2:Jun 2 ECAS process. Official email AOR2: July 5
File Transfer...
May 15 VO México
Med's Request
May 1
Med's Done....
May 8. Med passed: May 9
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
November 21
VISA ISSUED...
December 12th
LANDED..........
January 31, 2018
Does anyone know if the VO México is working today? because there was an earthquake and it is possible that they are closed today

325i

Star Member
May 30, 2017
Does anyone know if the VO México is working today? because there was an earthquake and it is possible that they are closed today
Looking at the radius of the earthquake, it did not affect too my much mexico city. Some people in mexico city said they didn't even feel it. The epicenter was at least 1000km from mexico city where the VO is.

Mari_8

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Costa Rica Destination city: Saskatoon
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
México
App. Filed.......
April 4
Doc's Request.
Gckey link: april 28. May 4: Schedule A and digital photo , pcc with initial application
AOR Received.
Aor1: April 27. Aor2:Jun 2 ECAS process. Official email AOR2: July 5
File Transfer...
May 15 VO México
Med's Request
May 1
Med's Done....
May 8. Med passed: May 9
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
November 21
VISA ISSUED...
December 12th
LANDED..........
January 31, 2018
Looking at the radius of the earthquake, it did not affect too my much mexico city. Some people in mexico city said they didn't even feel it. The epicenter was at least 1000km from mexico city where the VO is.
thanks for the info !and hope Mexico totally out of danger, blessings

KloveG

Sep 4, 2016
Dominican Republic
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2017 AOR and SA
File Transfer...
20-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront and again October 24, 2017
Med's Done....
06-10-2016 and 24-10-2016
Interview........
24-10-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2017
LANDED..........
18-12-2017
Well I finally got a response from our MP after one month. This is what they said,

" I apologize for the long delay in getting you an update. I only just spoke with IRCC who are incredibly backed up themselves.

Here is what they told me: The file is in the Mexico office, and currently going through the background check. The eligibility is also in progress, and has been recommended for an interview with your husband. They have not yet set a date for that interview, but you should be hearing form them in the coming months.

If you have not received any communication form them by the beginning of November, please let me know and I can do a follow up with them then. "

We have not received anything from Mexico VO to indicate we are in queue. And when I call cic for the phone update it says eligibility and background not started. But according to the MP it is in process.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Well I finally got a response from our MP after one month. This is what they said,

" I apologize for the long delay in getting you an update. I only just spoke with IRCC who are incredibly backed up themselves.

Here is what they told me: The file is in the Mexico office, and currently going through the background check. The eligibility is also in progress, and has been recommended for an interview with your husband. They have not yet set a date for that interview, but you should be hearing form them in the coming months.

If you have not received any communication form them by the beginning of November, please let me know and I can do a follow up with them then. "

We have not received anything from Mexico VO to indicate we are in queue. And when I call cic for the phone update it says eligibility and background not started. But according to the MP it is in process.
Interesting. At least you can start preparing. Review your application and such make sure answers are consistent etc. At least you know where you are at! Im sure youll get notification of date within 30 days of interview date. Dominican seems to do them every three months so next round will be novemberish

KloveG

Sep 4, 2016
Dominican Republic
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2017 AOR and SA
File Transfer...
20-01-2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-10-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2017
LANDED..........
18-12-2017
Interesting. At least you can start preparing. Review your application and such make sure answers are consistent etc. At least you know where you are at! Im sure youll get notification of date within 30 days of interview date. Dominican seems to do them every three months so next round will be novemberish
It does help to have a little more information. It does confuse me that they said recommended for an interview and not in queue. Either way, we were prepared for them to say he needed an interview and figured he won't be here until December/Jan.
I was going to go in October, then thought I should wait until November and go to the interview as well. But my hubby seems to think he'll be fine and that I don't need to be there for the interview.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
It does help to have a little more information. It does confuse me that they said recommended for an interview and not in queue. Either way, we were prepared for them to say he needed an interview and figured he won't be here until December/Jan.
I was going to go in October, then thought I should wait until November and go to the interview as well. But my hubby seems to think he'll be fine and that I don't need to be there for the interview.
A lot of spouses dont go to the interview instead write a letter and say i was unable to attend due to work commitments etc but please feel free to reach out at this phone number with any questions you may have... it could all be wording from on visa officer to the other or as they are just finishing interviews they are waiting. You may not even be in the november batch, who knows. Keep us posted as you get info

KloveG

Sep 4, 2016
Dominican Republic
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2017 AOR and SA
File Transfer...
20-01-2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-10-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2017
LANDED..........
18-12-2017
A lot of spouses dont go to the interview instead write a letter and say i was unable to attend due to work commitments etc but please feel free to reach out at this phone number with any questions you may have... it could all be wording from on visa officer to the other or as they are just finishing interviews they are waiting. You may not even be in the november batch, who knows. Keep us posted as you get info
True! It's really all speculation and wishful thinking and nothing more unfortunately.

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
If it says recommend for interview doesn't meant you will go to one, the previous agent wrote a note for the next one and sometimes they'll just ask for more evidence/support document for the relationship, thats why you are no in queue yet because is not a fact that you'll go to interview. The possibilities are higher tho if it says recommended interview. Some people has stated that sending more evidence has help them waive the interview, others say one should not send anything unless is requested. But it seems that going to an interview is not problem for you. I hope you don't have to go to the interview because it only adds time and a little more stress...

I hope that the backlog is the reason we haven't heard from the VO and for my specific case not the case itself. For us its been since April 24 that we last heard from the VO.

KloveG

Sep 4, 2016
Dominican Republic
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2017 AOR and SA
File Transfer...
20-01-2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-10-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2017
LANDED..........
18-12-2017
If it says recommend for interview doesn't meant you will go to one, the previous agent wrote a note for the next one and sometimes they'll just ask for more evidence/support document for the relationship, thats why you are no in queue yet because is not a fact that you'll go to interview. The possibilities are higher tho if it says recommended interview. Some people has stated that sending more evidence has help them waive the interview, others say one should not send anything unless is requested. But it seems that going to an interview is not problem for you. I hope you don't have to go to the interview because it only adds time and a little more stress...

I hope that the backlog is the reason we haven't heard from the VO and for my specific case not the case itself. For us its been since April 24 that we last heard from the VO.
Well we would rather not have an interview, as I'm sure everyone feels the same way. But we do know it's part of the process so just trying to have realistic expectations as opposed to thinking everything will be fast.
It's so hard to know for sure about anything. It seems that there is never a pattern and when you think you may have figured it out, they change it! Lol
Hopefully there not too much backlog.

Mexicana9186

Sep 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
Apr 3 2017
Doc's Request.
May 10 2017
AOR Received.
May 5 2017
File Transfer...
May 24 2017
Med's Request
May 10 2017
Med's Done....
May 20 2017
Interview........
N/A
So we emailed the Canadian embassy in Mexico a while ago about our PGR (to confirm if they received it) they emailed they did not so we were freaking out a bit since it was sent in July. Luckily my husband copied everything and emailed it to them and had the courier send a copy of who signed for it... in the end they emailed us back right away saying they have it and it is in queue to be reviewed ahhh so no movement on our application

Zehcnas

Dec 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
Doc's Request.
20-12-2016 and 22-03-2017
AOR Received.
11-12-2016
File Transfer...
21-02-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-11-2016
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
25-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2017
LANDED..........
22-10-2017
Your bold text hurts my eyes couldn't read it...

Alf007

Sep 14, 2017
Your bold text hurts my eyes couldn't read it...
Help with a Question AYUDA!!

My wife and I started the sponsorship process in march 2017( Outland) ,she is Canadian and I am Mexican , we sent the proper documents , proof of relationship , marriage certificate etc.. a month later they asked for my medical exams and a few weeks after that We received this email . " request letter " PDF file

In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must complete and submit the following to the Visa Office in Mexico City within 30 days of the date of this letter (08/04/2017

Number xxxxxxx Name xxxxxxx:

> Passport photos: Passport size photographs (photographs must conform to the specifications outlined in the Guide to Immigrating IMM 3999 and Appendix B Photo Specifications). For photo specifications, follow the instructions http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply- photos.asp. This must be received at this office by: 2017/04/08

> Schedule 1: A separate and newly completed Supplement to Schedule 1 Background Declaration form found in the iMM3908. This must be received at this office by: 2017/04/08

> Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. This must be received at this office by: 2017/04/08

My questions are .. were they asking also for my police check ?is that the request?

Do they send an email requesting explicitly the PGR police check ?

Status

My status is in process

Medicals passed

They don't need an interview

They don't need additional documents

Background verification in process

We are confused and really concerned any help would be awesome

Thanks

Jalisse14

Sep 15, 2017
Good luck with interview

Zehcnas

Dec 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
Doc's Request.
20-12-2016 and 22-03-2017
AOR Received.
11-12-2016
File Transfer...
21-02-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-11-2016
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
25-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2017
LANDED..........
22-10-2017
Help with a Question AYUDA!!

My wife and I started the sponsorship process in march 2017( Outland) ,she is Canadian and I am Mexican , we sent the proper documents , proof of relationship , marriage certificate etc.. a month later they asked for my medical exams and a few weeks after that We received this email . " request letter " PDF file

In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must complete and submit the following to the Visa Office in Mexico City within 30 days of the date of this letter (08/04/2017

Number xxxxxxx Name xxxxxxx:

> Passport photos: Passport size photographs (photographs must conform to the specifications outlined in the Guide to Immigrating IMM 3999 and Appendix B Photo Specifications). For photo specifications, follow the instructions http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply- photos.asp. This must be received at this office by: 2017/04/08

> Schedule 1: A separate and newly completed Supplement to Schedule 1 Background Declaration form found in the iMM3908. This must be received at this office by: 2017/04/08

> Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. This must be received at this office by: 2017/04/08

My questions are .. were they asking also for my police check ?is that the request?

Do they send an email requesting explicitly the PGR police check ?

Status

My status is in process

Medicals passed

They don't need an interview

They don't need additional documents

Background verification in process

We are confused and really concerned any help would be awesome

Thanks
In my case they sent a specific request letter for the background check as I made a mistake and submitted the wrong background check with the actual application. They actually accepted my scanned copy with translation. Never sent the original copy as they requested.

If in your application you had already submitted the background check I would believe they won't request. Just like the medicals used to be able to be submitted with the application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/checks.asp website gives instructions on this.