Med's Done....
October 8th,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Hoping for August 2016!!!
nartcr said:
Sounds good, :).
I have another question if you don't mind helping! On the CIC website it states that Canadian Perm Residents cannot apply for an ETA. Is having an application in process considered that? Thanks!

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
AOR1: June 6 2016 SA: July 20 2016 AOR2: Sep 1 2016 PGR Request: Sep 27 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
ECAS shows in process status
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 6 2017 Sent Jan 10 2017 Rvcd Jan 20 2017
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
countrygal said:
I have another question if you don't mind helping! On the CIC website it states that Canadian Perm Residents cannot apply for an ETA. Is having an application in process considered that? Thanks!
Your spouse is not permenant resident yet. He will not acquire that status until he lands and completes landing interview.

There are 3 scenarios here:

A) Your spouse gets decision made, gets COPR before his travel: Spouse will apply for ETA and must land as permenant resident. He cannot delay by landing as a tourist, and then come back later for landing interview. Let's say your spouse is set to travel to Canada on Dec 15, and he receives COPR on 13th of December, he should do landing interview on 15th. It is important to start preparing B4/B4A forms in case this scenario arrives.

B) your spouse doesnt get his COPR before his travel: he will apply for ETA and land as tourist. If he gets "decision made" during his time in Canada, he must make arrangements for someone to collect COPR. He will leave Canada after his vacation, apply for ETA again for landing as first time resident.

C) Your spouse gets "interview required"/"negative" decision before his travel: the situation will be little tricky here. There is no need to worry at this moment.

Irrespective of scenario A or B, ETA is must. Look at my signature for landing forms.

countrygal

Sep 26, 2015
Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 8th, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 23rd, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 26th,2016-AOR2 May 3rd,2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 8th,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
nartcr said:
Your spouse is not permenant resident yet. He will not acquire that status until he lands and completes landing interview.

There are 3 scenarios here:

A) Your spouse gets decision made, gets COPR before his travel: Spouse will apply for ETA and must land as permenant resident. He cannot delay by landing as a tourist, and then come back later for landing interview. Let's say your spouse is set to travel to Canada on Dec 15, and he receives COPR on 13th of December, he should do landing interview on 15th. It is important to start preparing B4/B4A forms in case this scenario arrives.

B) your spouse doesnt get his COPR before his travel: he will apply for ETA and land as tourist. If he gets "decision made" during his time in Canada, he must make arrangements for someone to collect COPR. He will leave Canada after his vacation, apply for ETA again for landing as first time resident.

C) Your spouse gets "interview required"/"negative" decision: the situation will be little tricky here. Hopefully there is no need to worry at this moment.

Irrespective of scenario A or B, ETA is must. Look at my signature for landing forms.

Thank you so much for your time in explaining that all. He would receive COPR with his passport after he receives it back from the embassy is that correct? I can't see us receiving passport request anytime soon we have been waiting 15 weeks for it and no sign of it coming. So most likely my husband will be arriving in Canada as a tourist. We plan to leave Dec 14th and I can't see them returning the passport in time for our travel even if it were to get requested. Would it be possible to send the passport from Canada if he gets the request just before we leave for Canada? As if we were to send it just before our travel ...that means our travel plans would be ruined because my husband wouldn't have a passport.For example if we got passport request Dec 10th and we are traveling Dec 14th. Thanks again for all your help. I hope what I said makes sense

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
countrygal said:
Thank you so much for your time in explaining that all. He would receive COPR with his passport after he receives it back from the embassy is that correct? I can't see us receiving passport request anytime soon we have been waiting 15 weeks for it and no sign of it coming. So most likely my husband will be arriving in Canada as a tourist. We plan to leave Dec 14th and I can't see them returning the passport in time for our travel even if it were to get requested. Would it be possible to send the passport from Canada if he gets the request just before we leave for Canada? As if we were to send it just before our travel ...that means our travel plans would be ruined because my husband wouldn't have a passport.For example if we got passport request Dec 10th and we are traveling Dec 14th. Thanks again for all your help. I hope what I said makes sense

I am slightly confused and typing this from my phone. Please bear.. If he gets PPR request before Dec 1 or if he already got one, he will send the passport to embassy. Embassy may choose not to stamp his passport, and sends COPR along with passport after Dec 1.

After Dec 1, there will be no passport request. He will get decision made and COPR will be mailed straight to his address.

countrygal

Sep 26, 2015
Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 8th, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 23rd, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 8th,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
nartcr said:
I am slightly confused and typing this from my phone. Please bear.. If he gets PPR request before Dec 1 or if he already got one, he will send the passport to embassy. Embassy may choose not to stamp his passport, and sends COPR along with passport after Dec 1.

After Dec 1, there will be no passport request. He will get decision made and COPR will be mailed straight to his address.

What I wrote may have sounded confusing. As of right now husband and I are waiting for his passport request from the embassy. If we were to get the passport request from the embassy before our travels does he have to send it in immediately? Or can we travel to Canada and send it from Canada. What I am concerned about is getting passport request just before our travels and him not having a passport to fly to Canada with on Dec 14th because the chance of us getting it back on time is very unlikely. So what I am trying to say is if we get passport request just before our travels ...can my husband send his passport to the embassy in Mexico City from Canada and receive his COPR in Canada ?

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
countrygal said:
What I wrote may have sounded confusing. As of right now husband and I are waiting for his passport request from the embassy. If we were to get the passport request from the embassy before our travels does he have to send it in immediately? Or can we travel to Canada and send it from Canada. What I am concerned about is getting passport request just before our travels and him not having a passport to fly to Canada with on Dec 14th because the chance of us getting it back on time is very unlikely. So what I am trying to say is if we get passport request just before our travels ...can my husband send his passport to the embassy in Mexico City from Canada and receive his COPR in Canada ?
After Dec 1, there will be "NO" Passport request, since Mexico goes as Visa exempt country. . . . So there arises no question of your husband sending his passport to embassy after Dec 1. . . . He cannot receive COPR in Canada. It will be send to the spousal address in file (Mexico Embassy).

countrygal

Sep 26, 2015
Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 8th, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 23rd, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 8th,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
nartcr said:
After Dec 1, there will be "NO" Passport request, since Mexico goes as Visa exempt country. . . . So there arises no question of your husband sending his passport to embassy after Dec 1. . . . He cannot receive COPR in Canada. It will be send to the spousal address in file (Mexico Embassy).

That makes perfectly good sense!! Thank you so so much for your patience answering my questions! You should become a consultant your so informative hehehhe! No but really thank you so much!!

CaroM8

Feb 26, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
26/09/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016 - SA:25/10/2016 - AOR2: 22/12/16
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
LANDED..........
14-11-2017
Good morning lovely people!

I've got a couple of, hopefully, easy questions for the more experienced! ;)

BG: We are still in the early stages of our application. Our file got sent to Mexico on October 25th, nothing since then, which I am told is normal so all good. My husband is from Guatemala and has a Multiple Entry TRV valid until 2018. We are not expecting PPR until at least June.

1. If my husband and I wanted to visit Canada in the meantime (short visit, couple of weeks), would he still need to get an ETA, or does his current TRV exempt him from that?

2. I am slightly worried about anything from CIC being sent by mail here in Guatemala, because currently the postal service is simply not running. No mail in the country since last May I believe. So far we've gotten correspondance through email, but I would hate for them to send something important via regular mail and we never get it. Unless they would use courier?

3. What is the difference between COPR and PPR? I am a bit confused... Which one should I expect at the end of this process?

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
CaroM8 said:

BG: We are still in the early stages of our application. Our file got sent to Mexico on October 25th, nothing since then, which I am told is normal so all good. My husband is from Guatemala and has a Multiple Entry TRV valid until 2018. We are not expecting PPR until at least June.

1. If my husband and I wanted to visit Canada in the meantime (short visit, couple of weeks), would he still need to get an ETA, or does his current TRV exempt him from that?

2. I am slightly worried about anything from CIC being sent by mail here in Guatemala, because currently the postal service is simply not running. No mail in the country since last May I believe. So far we've gotten correspondance through email, but I would hate for them to send something important via regular mail and we never get it. Unless they would use courier?

3. What is the difference between COPR and PPR? I am a bit confused... Which one should I expect at the end of this process?
What passport does your husband hold? Guatemala or Mexico ?

CaroM8

Feb 26, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
26/09/2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
LANDED..........
14-11-2017
nartcr said:
What passport does your husband hold? Guatemala or Mexico ?
Guatemala :)

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CaroM8 said:

Hi ,

1-Your husband don't need to apply to ETA , for 2 reasons . 1- he holds a Visa , 2 - he is not from a visa exempt country .
2- CIC will not send you anything by mail since you are opted to receive correspondence by email , when time comes they will request your passport with a pre-paid envelope to send your passport back , and there you can chose your courier of choice .
3- CoPR = Confirmation of permanent residence .PPR = Passport request . you should expect PPR first and then CoPR mailed to you as explained above .

CaroM8

Feb 26, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
26/09/2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
LANDED..........
14-11-2017
TANMEX said:
Hi ,

1-Your husband don't need to apply to ETA , for 2 reasons . 1- he holds a Visa , 2 - he is not from a visa exempt country .
2- CIC will not send you anything by mail since you are opted to receive correspondence by email , when time comes they will request your passport with a pre-paid envelope to send your passport back , and there you can chose your courier of choice .
3- CoPR = Confirmation of permanent residence .PPR = Passport request . you should expect PPR first and then CoPR mailed to you as explained above
Thank you for the clarifications! :)

May I add a twist? Hubby and I are thinking of "moving" to Canada in June, regardless of where we are in the application process. When we get PPR, I am assuming that the passport can be sent and received from Canada? Then we will do a flagpole landing at a land border.
We just want to get a head start finding a home, getting settled and then start working as soon as PR process is done with, which might be a couple of months after.
I know entry into Canada is always up to CBSA agent, but we are not "moving" with much, just clothes really so I don't see us having any issues...

Any huge flaws in this plan?

vzla177

Nov 21, 2016
Venezuela
Category........
Visa Office......
México
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1 21-06-2016 SA 12-08-2016 AOR 2 05-09-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Request
Up-front
Med's Done....
17-07-2016
Interview........
21/02/2017
Passport Req..
06/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
29/03/2017
LANDED..........
15/04/2017
Hi guys, this is my timeline..

We received your application for permanent residence on June 21, 2016.
your app has been sent to mexico VO on Aug 12, 2016
We started processing your application in Mex VO on Sept 5, 2016.
we sent the Medicals Exams along with Criminal Records on Aug 19, 2016
we got the email for paying the RORF on October 18, 2016. we paid the same day
Medical results have been received. on Nov. 18 2016

now still waiting..

Bellatopazio2016

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
Guadalajara
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-9-2016
Doc's Request.
1 Additional doc. requested before SA July-11 2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: May-27-2016 SA: July-27-2016 AOR2: September-07-2016 PRG Request: November 02, 2016
File Transfer...
July-27-2016 - ECAS Showing "In Process"
Med's Request
"Upfront"
Med's Done....
February-08-2016
"Finally my PGR (Police Clearance Certificate) Has arrived at the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City." Was signed by the famous Oswaldo Salinas. My flight is now booked to go visit my husband in Canada for a couple of months. Hopefully my COPR comes my way while visiting :D.... I'm so happy things worked out as planed....

countrygal

Sep 26, 2015
Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 8th, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 23rd, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 8th,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
So our medicals expired on October 8th, 2016....is there still a possibility that they will request new meds? I have seen others get the request before their meds have even expired...so I am just curious if it is still possible to get the request. We sent our PGR in August to Mexico City VO and have not heard anything since. Also is it possible to do the medical exam in Canada if they do request for my husband to re do his medicals? Thank you in advance.