TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Beto77 said:
Hi TANMEX, I think your process and mine has a similar timing. How much time passed between you sent you police certificates and the embassy asked you for your passport? My wife sent her police certificates by May 20th and we didn't hear nothing since then. Thank you for the help!
Hi Beto77 ,

I'm still stuck waiting for the RCMP ( Canada Police ) certificate . I wish I had a passport request LOL .

I think you should hear from immigration very soon .

Good luck

Estefania220

Jan 1, 2016
Caracas, Venezuela
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2015
Doc's Request.
January 18, 2016 Permanet residence fee, copy of passport, CSQ, IRB, re-meds.
Nomination.....
CSQ MARCH 2016
File Transfer...
July 6, 2015
Med's Request
January 18, 2016
Med's Done....
January 20, 2016
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
June 24, 2016 sent June 28,2016
VISA ISSUED...
July 28, 2016
LANDED..........
Sep 22, 2016
Oh gosh. It's huge. Thank u I was so confused.

Estefania220

Jan 1, 2016
Caracas, Venezuela
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
CSQ MARCH 2016
File Transfer...
July 6, 2015
Med's Request
January 18, 2016
Med's Done....
January 20, 2016
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
July 28, 2016
LANDED..........
Sep 22, 2016
Sent the passport today. Hopefully I get it back soon. I want to book an August 11 flight but don't know if I should risk booking it. Do they usually take long to send back passports?

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Estefania220 said:
Sent the passport today. Hopefully I get it back soon. I want to book an August 11 flight but don't know if I should risk booking it. Do they usually take long to send back passports?
Depends on their workload. Can take from a couple of days to a month, usually is around a week.

Add to this mailing time.

Estefania220

Jan 1, 2016
Caracas, Venezuela
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
CSQ MARCH 2016
File Transfer...
July 6, 2015
Med's Request
January 18, 2016
Med's Done....
January 20, 2016
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
July 28, 2016
LANDED..........
Sep 22, 2016
Jalex23 said:
Depends on their workload. Can take from a couple of days to a month, usually is around a week.

Add to this mailing time.
Thanks. Guess I should probably wait until it's on it's way back to book a flight.

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
Need Urgent Response or reply

hello Members My case Got Refuse couple of days ago.. WE want to Appeal it,Now where to Start and what is our First step ?
1) Do we need Lawyer / consultant for Appeal.
2) Anybody Knows good Immigration Lawyer/consultant In Alberta Edmonton ?
3) How much Time over all Appeal Process takes ?
4) from where to Download Applications for and where to send it ?
5) How long they will take to response back to us .

expectin

Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-03-2016 RPRF
AOR Received.
AOR Dec Second
File Transfer...
Nov-18
Med's Request
Upfront - August 6
Med's Done....
August -6-2015
tony000 said:
Need Urgent Response or reply

hello Members My case Got Refuse couple of days ago.. WE want to Appeal it,Now where to Start and what is our First step ?
1) Do we need Lawyer / consultant for Appeal.
2) Anybody Knows good Immigration Lawyer/consultant In Alberta Edmonton ?
3) How much Time over all Appeal Process takes ?
4) from where to Download Applications for and where to send it ?
5) How long they will take to response back to us .
Dear Tony, so sorry to hear about your case, anyways life continious and we have to move foward, so here is some info that
i took from other threat called all apeals come join, there you woud get so much info, wichin you the best luck.

The Immigration Appeal Division (IAD) hears and decides appeals on immigration matters such as appeals from refused sponsorship applications and from removal orders.

ADR -mean,,,,,,,,,,The use of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) offers an informal, less confrontational and more consensual approach to dealing with sponsorship appeals, which essentially concern the appellant's desire to reunify his or her family. ADR is consistent with the Immigration and Refugee Board's vision to deal with matters "simply, quickly and fairly."

The success of a 1998 ADR pilot project in the IAD Toronto office led to the ADR process being made a permanent part of the Toronto office's case processing for many types of sponsorship appeals. The ADR process was then implemented in Vancouver in 2000 after further study, refinement and consultation. Following the implementation of the new Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which came into force on June 28, 2002, the Montréal, and Calgary offices started using ADR in the Fall of 2003, followed by Ottawa in January 2004.

The ADR process at the IAD usually involves an in-person meeting - an ADR Conference - that is scheduled to last for one hour. The IAD assigns a member to act as a dispute resolution officer (DRO) for each appeal that is selected for the ADR process. All DROs receive training in ADR and have in depth substantive and procedural knowledge of sponsorship appeal issues. In addition to the DRO, the ADR Conference participants are the Minister's counsel, and the appellant and their counsel. About half of the cases that go through ADR will have a final result without the parties having to attend an oral hearing. Usually this is CIC agreeing to the appeal being allowed, or it could be the appellant withdrawing the appeal.

There are written ADR procedures and there is specific ADR rule in the new IAD Rules - Rule 20 covers such matters as exchange of documents, participating in good faith, confidentiality and IAD approval of any settlements.

An independent consultant's evaluation in 2001 confirmed that the IAD's use of ADR contributes significantly to the efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of administrative justice at the IAD. It provides appellants with a process that is generally viewed as fair and worthwhile and often produces savings in terms of costs and time. Its informality reduces the tension often felt by participants in adversarial proceedings.

The ADR program has not, however, reached its full potential. The IAD accepted all of the recommendations of Leslie Macleod's evaluation report, and they have now largely been implemented - this includes enhancing of ADR training for dispute resolution officers and Minister's counsel, and providing more detailed written guidelines on ADR procedures and practices.
plz open the link here for more information ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, http://www.irb.gc.ca/Eng/tribunal/iadsai/Pages/index.aspx

expectin

Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-03-2016 RPRF
AOR Received.
AOR Dec Second
File Transfer...
Nov-18
Med's Request
Upfront - August 6
Med's Done....
August -6-2015
CanaHn said:
Somebody From Honduras?
Im January applicant and its my or February/March applicants goesoo fast!
Happy canada day

Jbodden

Aug 27, 2015
Roatan, Honduras
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO CITY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-AUG-2015
Doc's Request.
28-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1-08-OCT-2015, AOR2- 11-FEB-2016
File Transfer...
SA- 26-OCT-2015, IP 05-NOV-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
17-AUG-2015
Interview........
WAIVED "Thank God"
Passport Req..
05-APRIL-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-APRIL-2016
LANDED..........
30-APRIL-2016
CanaHn said:
Somebody From Honduras?
Im January applicant and its my or February/March applicants goesoo fast!
Hello Canahn. I'm also from Honduras.. We applied on August 26 last year and got approved with passport request in April and I landed on April 30th (8 months of processing time).. So hang in there. If you application is straight forward you will be here in Canada in August. :)

CanaHn

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Jbodden said:
Hello Canahn. I'm also from Honduras.. We applied on August 26 last year and got approved with passport request in April and I landed on April 30th (8 months of processing time).. So hang in there. If you application is straight forward you will be here in Canada in August. :)

OMG thank you. its really hard to find Hondurans in the sponsorhip process (in this forum too). My AOR2 arrived on May 4 and still waiting!
Your timeline (your profile) has been very useful for me.
thanks for cheer me up.

cangirl22

May 14, 2013
Hi,

I have been reading this forum for awhile and I have asked some questions and gotten good solid answers. I have been in a relationship with my fiancé for three and a half years. He is from Mazatlan. In March of this year he applied for and was granted a five year visitor visa(YAY!!!) Reading this helped us to get all the upfront paperwork we needed and it took about 8 days to get approved, very fast once all paperwork was submitted. I think the change in government also helped because they were going to lift the Visa anyway.

We were going to get married when he was here in April but we had some issues with his divorce papers. He didn't have the final decree. He had other court papers, but not final certificate, when he got back home he found out that he might have to start all over again. Long story....

We want to apply for his permanent residence outland from Mexico. Given that it may take sometime for him to get his divorce etc. I was wondering about the conjugal category. Has anyone had any luck with that? We have amalgamated many things. I have him on my insurance, bank and credit cards. He is also on my lease agreement at my house in Canada. I know this is harder to prove.

Also I was looking at the requirements for medical it says that he and his dependants would need a medical. That means he would have to travel to Mexico City with his children which has so many logistical problems. Anyway my question about that is ..How much is the cost of the exam tests etc???

Also I think the police check needs to be requested and the interview can be waived if they believe the relationship is genuine. Is that correct???

To all of you who have gone through this process kudos to you!!!!! From where I am standing it looks rather daunting......

Thanks for your responses!!!

Cangirl22

Jbodden

Aug 27, 2015
Roatan, Honduras
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO CITY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-AUG-2015
Doc's Request.
28-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1-08-OCT-2015, AOR2- 11-FEB-2016
File Transfer...
SA- 26-OCT-2015, IP 05-NOV-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
17-AUG-2015
Interview........
WAIVED "Thank God"
Passport Req..
05-APRIL-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-APRIL-2016
LANDED..........
30-APRIL-2016
CanaHn said:
OMG thank you. its really hard to find Hondurans in the sponsorhip process (in this forum too). My AOR2 arrived on May 4 and still waiting!
Your timeline (your profile) has been very useful for me.
thanks for cheer me up.
Your welcome:).. Oh yes really hard lol.. Oh cool.. They should be contacting you in a month or 2.. Hang in there..oh ot had cool.. Your welcome..

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
14-09-2015 including PGR submitted 07/10/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 20-03-2015 - SA 24-03-2015 confirmed by phone 27-03-2015. AOR2 received 14-09-2015
File Transfer...
...within a month I was told - Update 22-04-2015 - was told my file transferred to MCVO on 20/04/2015
Med's Request
Upfront/Extended for one year to 12/01/2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
20-12-2015. PR Card Rec'd Feb 20, 2016
cangirl22 said:
Hi,

I have been reading this forum for awhile and I have asked some questions and gotten good solid answers. I have been in a relationship with my fiancé for three and a half years. He is from Mazatlan. In March of this year he applied for and was granted a five year visitor visa(YAY!!!) Reading this helped us to get all the upfront paperwork we needed and it took about 8 days to get approved, very fast once all paperwork was submitted. I think the change in government also helped because they were going to lift the Visa anyway.

We were going to get married when he was here in April but we had some issues with his divorce papers. He didn't have the final decree. He had other court papers, but not final certificate, when he got back home he found out that he might have to start all over again. Long story....

We want to apply for his permanent residence outland from Mexico. Given that it may take sometime for him to get his divorce etc. I was wondering about the conjugal category. Has anyone had any luck with that? We have amalgamated many things. I have him on my insurance, bank and credit cards. He is also on my lease agreement at my house in Canada. I know this is harder to prove.

If you have good evidences that prove a genuine and continuing relationship both in the past and plans for the future, you should have no problem with a conjugal application. Conversely, if you wait until his divorce is finalized, then get married, you will have even more evidence to support a genuine and continuing relationship. Either way, you will likely be fine. I would imagine after 3.5 years together that you have lots of photo evidence both from in Mexico and Canada, can obtain letters of support of the relationship from both sides of the families, etc, etc.

Also I was looking at the requirements for medical it says that he and his dependants would need a medical. That means he would have to travel to Mexico City with his children which has so many logistical problems. Anyway my question about that is ..How much is the cost of the exam tests etc???

Yes, they would have to travel to Mexico City for medical exams, the cost of which is approx $250 CDN per person.

Also I think the police check needs to be requested and the interview can be waived if they believe the relationship is genuine. Is that correct???

They will request police checks at the appropriate time during the processing of the application and yes, the interview can be waived if they feel you have provided sufficient evidence of a genuine and continuing relationship.

To all of you who have gone through this process kudos to you!!!!! From where I am standing it looks rather daunting......

It's a bit daunting yes, spend plenty of time gathering evidence - everything you possibly can - organizing it and once submitted with your application you should have more reassurance that it will be processed quickly (hopefully 8 - 12 months) and successfully.

Of course, read these forums going back 2 years and there is a wealth of information. Once your application has been submitted, let us know here and we will add you to the timeline spreadsheet.

Thanks for your responses!!!

Cangirl22

CanaHn

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Jbodden said:
Your welcome:).. Oh yes really hard lol.. Oh cool.. They should be contacting you in a month or 2.. Hang in there..oh ot had cool.. Your welcome..
Thank you! You are very nice! :)