+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

stuckduck

Feb 5, 2015
Hello I am seeking some information about getting my wife's police certifcate. We applied for a Spousal Inland sponsorship. Today we received A letter stating that we need to provide : "Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six
months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate from Mexico.
This must be received at this office by 2016/07/16"

1: So we need to provide a certifcate from Canada and from Mexico correct?

2: I was looking at the CIC police certifcate website and the it gave me a list of 5 things we need to mail to Mexico. Two sets of fingerprints, 6 passport photos (3 of front profile & 3 right profile) , picture of passport bio page and a quote of the file number, date of birth and name.

2(a):Am I able to send the package by express post or some other type of Expedited mail service?

2 (b): Also after they recieve it, do they forward it onto CIC for us or do we recieve something back from them that we need to send to CIC? In the letter we received it said to
"Please send the requested information / document(s) and all future inquiries with respect to
your application via the Case Specific Enquiry form at the following link : (link removed). " but on the website it gives me the impression that the mexican office will forward it on to CIC.

3: Is this something that is possible to compete in the 30 day time frame given or should we expect to be asking for an extension? I feel it's unlikely that we can mail the information and have it processed in 30 days.

4: Any other information or advice you could provide would be greatly appreciated. What should I anticipate the next stage after this to be?
Thanks in advance

Bands89

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-march-2015
Doc's Request.
10 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
CSQ: 5 Aug 2015
AOR Received.
25-april-2015.... AOR2: 21-sept-2015
File Transfer...
SA: 21 May 2015
Med's Done....
18-jan-2015
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-June-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-June-2016
LANDED..........
4-July-2016 / PR card 15-aug-2016
My passport is on its way back, that was very fast, It took 5 days. Yey!

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
Decision is made on my Application . Wen I click Decision Made ther is nothing new Like '' we have sent you Correspondence on XXXX , pls wait before contacting us '' Is this Normal thing or what ?

Ricaldine

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/3/2015
Doc's Request.
12/8/2015
Nomination.....
Family class
AOR Received.
4/16/2015
File Transfer...
7/6/2015
Med's Request
7/8/2015
Med's Done....
7/18/2015
Interview........
05/10/2016
Passport Req..
05/30/2016
VISA ISSUED...
06/16/2016
Passport is on it way after 10 business days ... we are suppose to get it on Tuesday and my Boyfriend CIC has been updated to decision made ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bands89

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-march-2015
Doc's Request.
10 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
CSQ: 5 Aug 2015
AOR Received.
25-april-2015.... AOR2: 21-sept-2015
File Transfer...
SA: 21 May 2015
Med's Done....
18-jan-2015
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-June-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-June-2016
LANDED..........
4-July-2016 / PR card 15-aug-2016
My status also changed to Decision Made

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stuckduck said:
Hello I am seeking some information about getting my wife's police certifcate. We applied for a Spousal Inland sponsorship. Today we received A letter stating that we need to provide : "Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six
months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate from Mexico.
This must be received at this office by 2016/07/16"

1: So we need to provide a certifcate from Canada and from Mexico correct?

2: I was looking at the CIC police certifcate website and the it gave me a list of 5 things we need to mail to Mexico. Two sets of fingerprints, 6 passport photos (3 of front profile & 3 right profile) , picture of passport bio page and a quote of the file number, date of birth and name.

2(a):Am I able to send the package by express post or some other type of Expedited mail service?

2 (b): Also after they recieve it, do they forward it onto CIC for us or do we recieve something back from them that we need to send to CIC? In the letter we received it said to
"Please send the requested information / document(s) and all future inquiries with respect to
your application via the Case Specific Enquiry form at the following link : (link removed). " but on the website it gives me the impression that the mexican office will forward it on to CIC.

3: Is this something that is possible to compete in the 30 day time frame given or should we expect to be asking for an extension? I feel it's unlikely that we can mail the information and have it processed in 30 days.

4: Any other information or advice you could provide would be greatly appreciated. What should I anticipate the next stage after this to be?
Thanks in advance

You don't need to provide a Canada Police certificate if they didn't ask for it .
I'm not sure about the Mexico Certificate if you are in Canada .

do you have a friend to take your file to PGR and then pick it up and send it to you and send it again to MXVO ?

PGR will not send your police certificate to the embassy if the embassy didn't request that directly from them .

Good luck , I'm stuck with RCMP police certificate form my wife , Now it's been over 3 weeks since I sent them everything .

stuckduck

Feb 5, 2015
TANMEX said:
You don't need to provide a Canada Police certificate if they didn't ask for it .
I'm not sure about the Mexico Certificate if you are in Canada .

do you have a friend to take your file to PGR and then pick it up and send it to you and send it again to MXVO ?

PGR will not send your police certificate to the embassy if the embassy didn't request that directly from them .

Good luck , I'm stuck with RCMP police certificate form my wife , Now it's been over 3 weeks since I sent them everything .

Hello no the process is a different when you are based in Canada. We have to send the application to Embassy of Canada, Immigration Section Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra.
I have a question about question 5 of the requested items. "5. Quote your file number, your name, and date of birth"
What is my file number? On the emails we've received we have a uci number and a application number. Is it one of these? Should I just include both to be sure? Thanks

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
stuckduck said:
Hello no the process is a different when you are based in Canada. We have to send the application to Embassy of Canada, Immigration Section Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra.
I have a question about question 5 of the requested items. "5. Quote your file number, your name, and date of birth"
What is my file number? On the emails we've received we have a uci number and a application number. Is it one of these? Should I just include both to be sure? Thanks
It is the application number... but write down both.

Beto77

Apr 21, 2016
Hello, my wife received the request for police certificates on May 12th, The embassy received the certificates on May 23rd, but we didn't receive nothing since then. does anybody know how much time does it takes from police certificates request to passport request/interview? Thank you

CanaHn

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
HabfaninBC said:
We almost have the same timeline, I doubt we will have our spouse landed here by August. My AOR 2 came in April 29, I expect landing to take place at best in October, but we never know !

Let's stay positive !
Agree: Stay Positive. Its so difficult be optimistsc, I dont recibe AOR2, my only guide is my third line of ECAS...

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
Very Strange Huh ! I had interview in March 2016 and Decision on my Eligibility was not made before 14 June , and on 14 June it updated online '' Decision made '' . Why they took over 3 months to make eligibility Decision ?? ... and now they made decision what DM can be any Idea ??

CanaHn

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Hi! Somebody from Honduras?

(Where is the spreadsheet of MVO? please :) )

Thank you Applicants! have a nice day

Estefania220

Jan 1, 2016
Caracas, Venezuela
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2015
Doc's Request.
January 18, 2016 Permanet residence fee, copy of passport, CSQ, IRB, re-meds.
Nomination.....
CSQ MARCH 2016
File Transfer...
July 6, 2015
Med's Request
January 18, 2016
Med's Done....
January 20, 2016
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
June 24, 2016 sent June 28,2016
VISA ISSUED...
July 28, 2016
LANDED..........
Sep 22, 2016
YES GOT THE PASSPORT REQUEST!!!! Omg I'm so happy. Thank God

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Estefania220 said:
YES GOT THE PASSPORT REQUEST!!!! Omg I'm so happy. Thank God
Congratulations ! that's a very good news .

How long after you sent your ARC ? ( if I'm not mistaken about you going through ARC ) .

Estefania220

Jan 1, 2016
Caracas, Venezuela
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2015
Doc's Request.
January 18, 2016 Permanet residence fee, copy of passport, CSQ, IRB, re-meds.
Nomination.....
CSQ MARCH 2016
File Transfer...
July 6, 2015
Med's Request
January 18, 2016
Med's Done....
January 20, 2016
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
June 24, 2016 sent June 28,2016
VISA ISSUED...
July 28, 2016
LANDED..........
Sep 22, 2016
TANMEX said:
Congratulations ! that's a very good news .

How long after you sent your ARC ? ( if I'm not mistaken about you going through ARC ) .
THANK YOU
I sent it on May 22. So a month and two days