WAIVED "Thank God"
Passport Req..
05-APRIL-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-APRIL-2016
LANDED..........
30-APRIL-2016
Chrillan said:
My husband got an email for an Interview. We received it February 23rd and the interview is on March 17th. I really feel so sad that they are questioning our relationship. We have known each other for 14 years; we have sent them tons of pictures and email message conversations from this time frame, trips and outings - tickets and receipts. Wedding pictures and his mom and dad were even witnesses. There is only 2 years between us and though we never lived together my husband did visit me in Canada for 4 months (long before we got married). Our relationship ended and we re-connected again in 2014 and decided to build our lives together for good this time. We felt we were given a second chance and it's a horrible thing to feel that it's being questioned as sincere.

The only thing I can think of which may have made them want the interview - is that I have been married twice before (once very young and once with the father of my child) and though he had a 20 year relationship with the mother of his now adult children, he never did get married.

I try to stay positive, anyone that knows us know how much we love each other and my husband is the deepest most sincere person I know so I do believe they will see this. Still, that this boils down to one person's decision during an interview - this feels terrible. :(

They have asked for him to bring his passport and any additional information that he would like an officer to consider regarding the authenticity of our marriage. Since we have sent them almost everything we had - all I can think of is letters from family and friends as well as the last years text messages since the original application. Any other advise would be helpful.

I just feel so discouraged right now, after waiting 10 months and having hopes that the PGR we sent in last week was the final stage. :'(
I'm so sorry to hear they requested an interview.. You guys have nothing to worry about your husband will pass that interview with flying colours and y'all will be together in Canada soon

Chrillan

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1: 29-05-2015 AOR2: 30-09-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Request
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Jbodden said:
I'm so sorry to hear they requested an interview.. You guys have nothing to worry about your husband will pass that interview with flying colours and y'all will be together in Canada soon
Thank you Jbodden, I need all the positive wishes I can get right now :(

Speedy processing everyone!

sb414

Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
File Transfer...
13-03-2015
Med's Request
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-2014, 01-03-2016
Interview........
18-02-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-06-2016
Chrillan said:
My husband got an email for an Interview. We received it February 23rd and the interview is on March 17th. I really feel so sad that they are questioning our relationship. We have known each other for 14 years; we have sent them tons of pictures and email message conversations from this time frame, trips and outings - tickets and receipts. Wedding pictures and his mom and dad were even witnesses. There is only 2 years between us and though we never lived together my husband did visit me in Canada for 4 months (long before we got married). Our relationship ended and we re-connected again in 2014 and decided to build our lives together for good this time. We felt we were given a second chance and it's a horrible thing to feel that it's being questioned as sincere.

The only thing I can think of which may have made them want the interview - is that I have been married twice before (once very young and once with the father of my child) and though he had a 20 year relationship with the mother of his now adult children, he never did get married.

I try to stay positive, anyone that knows us know how much we love each other and my husband is the deepest most sincere person I know so I do believe they will see this. Still, that this boils down to one person's decision during an interview - this feels terrible. :(

They have asked for him to bring his passport and any additional information that he would like an officer to consider regarding the authenticity of our marriage. Since we have sent them almost everything we had - all I can think of is letters from family and friends as well as the last years text messages since the original application. Any other advise would be helpful.

I just feel so discouraged right now, after waiting 10 months and having hopes that the PGR we sent in last week was the final stage. :'(
My husband just had his interview. We were pretty disappointed when we found out that he was getting an interview. We had sent a good amount of evidence, including an apartment lease in both our names, while I had been living with him for almost 2 years.

To the interview, he brought everything we had been collecting since originally submitting the application.. updated copies of my passport with stamps showing how often I visit, flight itineraries to match with my passport, receipts from things we did together, updated phone logs/text messages, and new pictures.

I have a list of sample questions if your interested. They only asked my husband a few things, his interview was no longer than 25 minutes and was approved on the spot. Just relax and be confident and it will go fine!

Jbodden

Aug 27, 2015
Roatan, Honduras
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO CITY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-AUG-2015
Doc's Request.
28-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1-08-OCT-2015, AOR2- 11-FEB-2016
File Transfer...
SA- 26-OCT-2015, IP 05-NOV-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
17-AUG-2015
Interview........
WAIVED "Thank God"
Passport Req..
05-APRIL-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-APRIL-2016
LANDED..........
30-APRIL-2016
Chrillan said:

Your welcome.. .. Keep your chin up, all will turn out well..

nanniehn

May 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
AOR Received.
No AOR1 / AOR2: 29-09-2015
File Transfer...
25-06-2015 / In process since 07-12-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
sb414 said:
My husband just had his interview. We were pretty disappointed when we found out that he was getting an interview. We had sent a good amount of evidence, including an apartment lease in both our names, while I had been living with him for almost 2 years.

To the interview, he brought everything we had been collecting since originally submitting the application.. updated copies of my passport with stamps showing how often I visit, flight itineraries to match with my passport, receipts from things we did together, updated phone logs/text messages, and new pictures.

I have a list of sample questions if your interested. They only asked my husband a few things, his interview was no longer than 25 minutes and was approved on the spot. Just relax and be confident and it will go fine!
Hi sb414!

My partner is having the interview next week, can you help me with some questions they ask?

How's the attitude of the officers?
Do they stamped the visa that same day?

Thanks in advance!

sb414

Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
File Transfer...
13-03-2015
Med's Request
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-2014, 01-03-2016
Interview........
18-02-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-06-2016
nanniehn said:
Hi sb414!

My partner is having the interview next week, can you help me with some questions they ask?

Thanks in advance!
They asked my husband only questions that were on the application.. when and where we met, about our wedding, where I live and work, names of my parents and siblings.
The visa officer was very nice, my husband and her laughed a little during the interview when he talked about his first time to Canada.
They did not stamp or even take his passport, as they said he needs to redo his medicals that have expired. We are still waiting on their email to proceed

pau

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
3 09 2015
Passport Req..
15 09 2015
VISA ISSUED...
12 11 2015 gracias a Dios
LANDED..........
17 12 2015 por que Dios es Maravilloso
sb414 said:
soo my husband's interview was exactly 1 week ago, they told him they would send an email in a couple of days with instructions to repeat medical and send passport. we still havent heard anything! im so tired of this process.. 14 months and counting!
Hello dont get desperate, be positive, i had interview too and they email me with the instructions after 2 weeks, so be patient u r almost there!!! :) remember this is the waiting game!!!!! Good luck

pau

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
3 09 2015
Passport Req..
15 09 2015
VISA ISSUED...
12 11 2015 gracias a Dios
LANDED..........
17 12 2015 por que Dios es Maravilloso
Chrillan said:

Hello.. dont be sad, sometimes interview is not the end of the world, sometimes the officer only wants to make sure about some stuffs, just to clarify etc, so be positive if u have a genuine relationship u have nothing to worry, always look at the officer dont get nervous, be confident, bring proof of ongoing relationship, be yourself, tell the truth...they asked me how we met, how did he proposed etc etc etc, and my officer told me right away the decision and went like u know why i called u for interview, cus u lived long time in the states and i want it to make sure ur feelings for ur husband were real and not that u r probably have the intention to live in canada cus u were used to the american life, that was it and i thought well maybe is cus my husband got divorced 6 months before wedding etc etc etc...none of that was..officer said i saw a lot of info pics and looks like is a real relationship but i still waned to meet u and hear from u, see ur feelings ur thoughts etc....so once again dont worry too much but still u never know wich officer is gonna interview u...we have different criteria what for me is a red flag maybe is not for u, so what i can advise u is to check the dates u gave, like when u met when he proposed etc those specific dates, just becouse the anxiety and all those mix feelings sometimes can betray u lets say, so read evwrything once again paly officer with ur husbadn like u r asking hin etc just to kind of loose it up, and be yourself!! Feel free to contact me if u want more detauls i wish u the best of luck i will be praying for y and the others with interview!!! Keep us updated

countrygal

Sep 26, 2015
Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 8th, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 23rd, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 26th,2016-AOR2 May 3rd,2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 8th,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Hoping for August 2016!!!
Hello everyone! I am new to this thread. I sent my application Janury 8th, 2016...recieved AOR Feb 23rd and recieved SA Feb 26th,2016(today). Wahoo!! What happens next? About how long do I have to wait until I hear something else? When I get the next contact will it be approval for my husband? Any help would be great! Thanks!!

Chrillan

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Request
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
sb414 said:

Thank you so much for your reply. It means the world to me to get this positive energy. I saw the list of sample questions on the spreadsheet, but I think they are so general that they will just confuse us. All we can think to add are our new text records and letters from family and friends as we haven't seen each other since March :( I keep focusing on the fact that he might get his passport stamped on that day (as they requested he'd bring it to the interview) and that would be the best gift ever.

Chrillan

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Request
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
sb414 said:
They asked my husband only questions that were on the application.. when and where we met, about our wedding, where I live and work, names of my parents and siblings.
The visa officer was very nice, my husband and her laughed a little during the interview when he talked about his first time to Canada.
They did not stamp or even take his passport, as they said he needs to redo his medicals that have expired. We are still waiting on their email to proceed
Was your husbands interview in Mexico City? I sure hope the officer is nice and not intimidating. His medicals are current and they have received the PGR report so .... this is it...

Thank you so much for your support :)

countrygal

Sep 26, 2015
Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 8th, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 23rd, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 26th,2016-AOR2 May 3rd,2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 8th,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Hoping for August 2016!!!
Guys for some reason it is not allowing me to enter the date I sent in my application and the day it was recieved on teh spread sheet. I was able to enter all the other information tho.

Chrillan

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Request
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
pau said:
Hello.. dont be sad, sometimes interview is not the end of the world, sometimes the officer only wants to make sure about some stuffs, just to clarify etc, so be positive if u have a genuine relationship u have nothing to worry, always look at the officer dont get nervous, be confident, bring proof of ongoing relationship, be yourself, tell the truth...they asked me how we met, how did he proposed etc etc etc, and my officer told me right away the decision and went like u know why i called u for interview, cus u lived long time in the states and i want it to make sure ur feelings for ur husband were real and not that u r probably have the intention to live in canada cus u were used to the american life, that was it and i thought well maybe is cus my husband got divorced 6 months before wedding etc etc etc...none of that was..officer said i saw a lot of info pics and looks like is a real relationship but i still waned to meet u and hear from u, see ur feelings ur thoughts etc....so once again dont worry too much but still u never know wich officer is gonna interview u...we have different criteria what for me is a red flag maybe is not for u, so what i can advise u is to check the dates u gave, like when u met when he proposed etc those specific dates, just becouse the anxiety and all those mix feelings sometimes can betray u lets say, so read evwrything once again paly officer with ur husbadn like u r asking hin etc just to kind of loose it up, and be yourself!! Feel free to contact me if u want more detauls i wish u the best of luck i will be praying for y and the others with interview!!! Keep us updated
Thank you so much for your advise, we will make sure to go over this because you are right, nerves can get in the way. I do feel that once the meet my husband, there is no way they can doubt our love for each other. It is so nice to hear at least what your interviewer gave as a reason for calling you in. It will be worth the trip to Mexico City just to get the stamp right then and there... We have to stay positive.

Speedy processing everyone!!!

Chrillan

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Request
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
nanniehn said:
Hi sb414!

Thanks in advance!
Good Luck next week! Is your partners interview in Mexico City? What did they ask your partner to bring? My husband was asked to bring 1. Original Passport 2. Any other evidence that you would like the immigration officer to consider and that might be useful to demonstrate the genuineness of your relationship with your sponsor.

Jbodden

Aug 27, 2015
Roatan, Honduras
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO CITY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-AUG-2015
Doc's Request.
28-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1-08-OCT-2015, AOR2- 11-FEB-2016
File Transfer...
SA- 26-OCT-2015, IP 05-NOV-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
17-AUG-2015
Interview........
WAIVED "Thank God"
Passport Req..
05-APRIL-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-APRIL-2016
LANDED..........
30-APRIL-2016
countrygal said:
Hello everyone! I am new to this thread. I sent my application Janury 8th, 2016...recieved AOR Feb 23rd and recieved SA Feb 26th,2016(today). Wahoo!! What happens next? About how long do I have to wait until I hear something else? When I get the next contact will it be approval for my husband? Any help would be great! Thanks!!
Hello and welcome to The Mexico family thread.. Wow that's awesome congrats.. Your timeline is looking amazing.. Normally it takes 2 months to process AOR and SA, and you for both in a month and 18 days that's awesome.. The next step is to wait for AOR2 from Mexico visa office that they received the application and they have started working on it. It took us 3 months wait from SA to AOR2. Good luck