+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

Valeescu

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
saraotty said:
Procedures for finalizing approved applications

This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by CIC staff. It is posted on the CIC website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
Processing offices must undertake the following steps to finalize an e-application.

Right of Permanent Residence Fee

The Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) must be paid before an application can be finalized.

For more information on the RPRF, please refer to the program delivery instructions on Fee payment .

Passport request letter
Once an application has been approved and a final decision has been entered, the processing office must send the ‘Passport Request’ letter to the applicant through their MyCIC account.

Request for photos

Applicants and their accompanying dependents are required to submit electronic photos as part of their complete e-application. Applicants are asked to ensure that these photos conform with Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s (CIC’s) Permanent Resident Card Photo Specifications (PDF, 3.25 MB).

At this time, the electronic photos uploaded by applicants cannot be used for the permanent residence card; therefore, CIC will not reject an application as incomplete if the photos submitted do not comply with CIC’s prescribed photo specifications.

The ‘Passport Request’ letter, therefore, includes a request for hard copy photos. Applicants are instructed to mail these photos to CIC.

Request for passport

Applicants from visa-exempt countries

The ‘Passport Request’ letter instructs the applicant on how to send a photocopy of the bio data page of their passport and, if applicable, the bio data page of the passports of their accompanying spouse and dependent children.

Applicants from visa-required countries

The ‘Passport Request’ letter instructs the applicant on how to send their valid passport and, if applicable, the valid passports of their accompanying spouse and dependent children.

Permanent resident visas cannot be affixed to diplomatic, official or military passports.
I don't get it... Electronic photos?? We never summited electronic photos, did anyone else? The only thing we did was send 8 actual photos with the sizes they asked for.... ::)

nreilly

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF 22-10-2015
AOR Received.
10-04-2015 AOR2 15-09-2015
Med's Done....
10-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2015
LANDED..........
04-01-2016
Thanks saraotty and luna21 for this!

Let's try to stay positive I have a feeling that November it's gonna be a month of big progress for all of us! Best of luck everyone.

Luna21 your timeline it's pretty close to mine .. Maybe you'll hear something tomorrow! :)

Luna21 said:
See nreilly?? Almost done! :D

I'm not very hopeful I think they forgot us lol. But I don't care because I'm too excited about going to Vzla to see my husband :D December is almost here!

JuanP_MexiCan

Oct 26, 2015
Hi there!
I am new on this forum but have been reading lots of posts and today I decided to join it to ask some questions.

Here's how my file has been going.
Application sent: May 19
App Received: May 21st
AOR1 (Sponsorship Approved): July 20th (Didn't notice I had to get Medicals done)
Medicals done: September 28th
AOR2 (Received at Mexico City VO): October 2nd
Police Certificate: Still Waiting
Interview: Still Waiting (Mentioned on AOR2)
Passport Request: Still Waiting

I want to know if anyone has any experience from this point on as for how much longer of a wait it is.

My cic account mentions that they

Received my Application for PR on May 21st
In Process on July 20th

but still no notice about Medicals received and I was wondering if there's anything I can do about this cause it has been almost a month since I got the medicals done and I send out the sheet of paper that the doctor gave me at the doctors office since October 1st.

Thank you to everyone on this forum that helps a lot of us with dumb questions. :)

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
14-09-2015 including PGR submitted 07/10/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 20-03-2015 - SA 24-03-2015 confirmed by phone 27-03-2015. AOR2 received 14-09-2015
File Transfer...
...within a month I was told - Update 22-04-2015 - was told my file transferred to MCVO on 20/04/2015
Med's Request
Upfront/Extended for one year to 12/01/2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
20-12-2015. PR Card Rec'd Feb 20, 2016
JuanP_MexiCan said:
Hi there!
I am new on this forum but have been reading lots of posts and today I decided to join it to ask some questions.

AOR1 (Sponsorship Approved): July 20th (Didn't notice I had to get Medicals done)

I want to know if anyone has any experience from this point on as for how much longer of a wait it is.

In Process on July 20th

but still no notice about Medicals received and I was wondering if there's anything I can do about this cause it has been almost a month since I got the medicals done and I send out the sheet of paper that the doctor gave me at the doctors office since October 1st.

Thank you to everyone on this forum that helps a lot of us with dumb questions. :)
Nice to have you here JuanP! Please fill in any missing information in the following form and I will add you to the spreadsheet;

Date Format: MM/DD/YYYY

Destination in Canada:
PR Applicant's Country of Origin:
Is Username the PR Applicant? Yes/No
Are you residing with your spouse/partner? Yes/No
Are you residing in Canada? Yes/No
Date Application couriered to CPC Miss:
Date Application received by CPC Miss:
Date Medical Done:
Date Medical Sent:
Date Stage 1 AOR Received:
Date Sponsorship Approval Received:
Date of File Transfer to MCVO:
Date Stage 2 AOR Received:
Date Interview Requested:
Date Interview Completed:
Date Additional Documents Requested:
Date PGR Sent:
Date of ARC Request:
Date Passport Requested by VO:
Date Passport Sent to VO:
Date of Confirmation Passport Rec'd by VO:
ECAS PR Application Status:
Date Passport Rec'd with COPR/Visa:
Date Landed in Canada:
General Comments about your application you wish to include:

It looks like your application processing is going relatively quickly ;D ! I'd say you have between 3 and 6 months left, depending on how straight forward your application is; Is there any missing documentation?, Do they ask you for additional documentation/evidence of proof of relationship? Do you require ARC?, Will they ask you for an interview?, How do your eligibility and background checks go? Will you have to redo Medicals if processing gets delayed? These are all things that could delay the processing of your application.

I wouldn't worry about your medicals being recorded in Ecas system at this point. In our case "Medicals Received" was only recently posted in Ecas and we applied in January. To what address did you send your Medicals sheet?

No dumb questions! FYI, along with the Timeline Spreadsheet there are various other spreadsheets with helpful information. Check them out!

Speedy Processing!!

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
AOR 20-03-2015 - SA 24-03-2015 confirmed by phone 27-03-2015. AOR2 received 14-09-2015
File Transfer...
...within a month I was told - Update 22-04-2015 - was told my file transferred to MCVO on 20/04/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
Valeescu said:
HI CANzanillo! Hope you guys are ok because of the storm! Just wanted to let you know our country of origin is Uruguay. Keep safe! Keeping México in our prayers!
Thank you Valeescu! We needed every one of those prayers!

Things are finally getting back to normal here in Manzanillo for us. We had minimal damage at our house here, lost a couple trees and damaged electric security fence, minor water intrusion. We got power back on Saturday and running water on Sunday/Monday. We finally got our internet back last evening due to power outages. There has been plenty of damage but minimal loss of life as I'm sure you are all aware of. First time in my life that I truly feared for my life and the life of my family here. Thank God we didn't get a direct hit by the center of the hurricane!

I hope nobody else here in this forum was badly affected.

Now time to worry again about our application. No news here so far. PPR PLEASE!!! ::)

TorontoLove

Sep 2, 2015
Hello everybody,

I hope everything is fine with all of you. I got AOR2 on September 18th but no request of any documents, I know that I still have to do my Mexican police background, does any of you have a similar experience? That got AOR2 and then how long after you got the request for the police background, it has been more than a month that I got the AOR2 but no request of any more documents until now. Is that normal?

I have been debating in sending them an email to ask about it or not because in the document that I got for my AOR2 it says the following (Due to limited resources dedicated to processing the thousands of applications currently in process, we are unable to respond to requests for status updates on your file if they fall within the average processing times),so I dont know if will be a good idea to contact them or not or just keep waiting.

Also I am thinking that maybe because I am living in Canada now I will have to send the documents required so the Canadian embassy can ask for the police background in my behalf eventhough I applied outland.

I am getting a bit worried. Thank you in advance for your help.

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
TorontoLove said:
Hello everybody,

I hope everything is fine with all of you. I got AOR2 on September 18th but no request of any documents, I know that I still have to do my Mexican police background, does any of you have a similar experience? That got AOR2 and then how long after you got the request for the police background, it has been more than a month that I got the AOR2 but no request of any more documents until now. Is that normal?

I have been debating in sending them an email to ask about it or not because in the document that I got for my AOR2 it says the following (Due to limited resources dedicated to processing the thousands of applications currently in process, we are unable to respond to requests for status updates on your file if they fall within the average processing times),so I dont know if will be a good idea to contact them or not or just keep waiting.

Also I am thinking that maybe because I am living in Canada now I will have to send the documents required so the Canadian embassy can ask for the police background in my behalf eventhough I applied outland.

I am getting a bit worried. Thank you in advance for your help.
IMHO everything is going fine for you. It is normal to just receive an AOR2 and nothing else. There is nothing wrong and I don't think you should send an email. Your file is surely undergoing scrutiny right now. This part of the application processing will take 3 to 6 months (at least) for a routine application. Patience is a virtue. You will hear something soon I'm sure.

Speedy Processing!

Tinyaries

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 10th, 2017
AOR Received.
Jan 26th, 2017
Hello everybody!

Another one waiting for news here..
Keeping positive that there would be a storm of PPR coming soon!

May God hear our prayers!

Good luck everyone! :)

Chrillan

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1: 29-05-2015 AOR2: 30-09-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Request
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
JuanP_MexiCan said:
Hi there!

In Process on July 20th

My husband did his medical after our file was sent to the Mexico City Visa Office and when he received the "receipts" from the doctor we send them by email to the MVO (I had emailed them for their courier address and they replied to just email them the receipts). When I emailed them the receipts I asked them to acknowledge my email - and they actually ended up acknowledging that they had received the complete doctors results and attached them to our file. (before we even received our AOR2). So I would suggest if you still have a copy of the receipts/documents you got from the doctor, email the below and ask them just to acknowledge that they received your email :)

To date our ECAS is not updated at all though; it still only says "Application Received" but with the email and AOR2 in hand, I hope they are already processing it.

MXICOIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

Speedy processing! :D

Jbodden

Aug 27, 2015
Roatan, Honduras
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO CITY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-AUG-2015
Doc's Request.
28-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1-08-OCT-2015, AOR2- 11-FEB-2016
File Transfer...
SA- 26-OCT-2015, IP 05-NOV-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
17-AUG-2015
Interview........
WAIVED "Thank God"
Passport Req..
05-APRIL-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-APRIL-2016
LANDED..........
30-APRIL-2016
Hello guys

We are kinda confused and wondering if yall can help us.

What do they mean when they say " We will send you a Permanent Resident Kit that you will need to forward to the family class relative you are sponsoring."

When does the Sponsor be sent this Kit? When they received SA or when PR applicant is approved?

Thank yall in advance for your help :)

shanernewman

Mar 10, 2015
Hey all! Figured I would give an update! Here are our dates for my wife (sponsored) and myself (sponsor):

Destination in Canada:
PR Applicant's Country of Origin: Mexico
Is Username the PR Applicant? No
Are you residing with your spouse/partner? Yes
Are you residing in Canada? Yes
Date Application couriered to CPC Miss: 08/11/15
Date Application received by CPC Miss: 08/11/15
Date Medical Done: 06/10/15
Date Medical Sent: 08/11/15
Date Stage 1 AOR Received: 09/17/11
Date Sponsorship Approval Received: 10/9/15
Date of File Transfer to MCVO: 10/13/15? We never received confirmation that the MCVO recieved her application, but it says that they are now processing her application
Date Stage 2 AOR Received: 10/13/15? see above comment
Date PGR Sent:
Date of ARC Request:
Date Landed in Canada:
General Comments about your application you wish to include: We were married on March 13th, 2015 in a small ceremony but had our large celebration with both families on July 18th. We have a lawyer who is working with us for this application.

I have a question related to my comments above. I am just checking the status on the CIC status page, and it says the following:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on August 11, 2015.
2. We started processing your application on October 13, 2015.
3. Medical results have been received.

What are we looking at in terms on timelines from here? Our application is very straightforward apparently (according to our lawyer). We're both the same age, same education level, our families have both met and attended our wedding, she speaks perfect English, we've traveled a lot together, etc. Basically there should be nothing that raises an issue with the CIC. Do things move fairly quickly after they start processing her application?

Thanks!

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
TorontoLove said:
The normal processing time is of 17 months. So if you are still under that time everything is normal.

TorontoLove said:
You shouldn't be contacting CIC if under the 17 months threshold, unless there is an actual concern.

TorontoLove said:
You will recieve instructions on what to do in the case you are living in Canada.

shanernewman said:
Date of File Transfer to MCVO: 10/13/15? We never received confirmation that the MCVO recieved her application, but it says that they are now processing her application

A) "2. We started processing your application on October 13, 2015." is for sponsor.
B) "Date Stage 2 AOR Received" is for sponsored person.

The only relation they have is that A comes before B.

shanernewman said:
What are we looking at in terms on timelines from here? Our application is very straightforward apparently (according to our lawyer). We're both the same age, same education level, our families have both met and attended our wedding, she speaks perfect English, we've traveled a lot together, etc. Basically there should be nothing that raises an issue with the CIC. Do things move fairly quickly after they start processing her application?
You can get selected to go under more strict scrutiny... you can be selected to go into the fast track. Impossible to say.

Anything between 8 to 17 months is considered "normal".

JuanP_MexiCan

Oct 26, 2015
Chrillan said:
My husband did his medical after our file was sent to the Mexico City Visa Office and when he received the "receipts" from the doctor we send them by email to the MVO (I had emailed them for their courier address and they replied to just email them the receipts). When I emailed them the receipts I asked them to acknowledge my email - and they actually ended up acknowledging that they had received the complete doctors results and attached them to our file. (before we even received our AOR2). So I would suggest if you still have a copy of the receipts/documents you got from the doctor, email the below and ask them just to acknowledge that they received your email :)

To date our ECAS is not updated at all though; it still only says "Application Received" but with the email and AOR2 in hand, I hope they are already processing it.

MXICOIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

Speedy processing! :D

Hey Chrillian thankyou for your reply,

When I got that Receipt from the Doctor at the upfront medical check in Mexico City I send an e-mail asking where I should send the document. I also had to send the PR photos with this document because I had forgot to send them with the application in the first place. When I found out the adress I send them and the day after I got the AOR2 with my new application number and contacted them back saying that I had send those documents with the sponsorship UCI and what my new application number was but they got back to me saying that they haven't got my file in MVO even though I got that one e-mail saying that they did.

What worries me is that the might have not processed those documents with my file or something like that. What should I do? Should I e-mail them again stating that I have an e-mail saying that they received my file and with a scanned receipt of the medical check?

Thanks
JuanP

JuanP_MexiCan

Oct 26, 2015
Hey CANzanillo,

I filled this out with what I had

Date Format: MM/DD/YYYY

Destination in Canada: Vancouver
Is Username the PR Applicant? Yes
Are you residing with your spouse/partner? No
Are you residing in Canada? No
Date Application couriered to CPC Miss: 05/16/2015
Date Application received by CPC Miss: 05/21/2015
Date Medical Done: 09/28/2015
Date Medical Sent: 10/02/2015
Date Stage 1 AOR Received: 06/26/2015
Date Sponsorship Approval Received: 07/31/2015
Date of File Transfer to MCVO: 07/31/2015
Date Stage 2 AOR Received: 10/02/2015
Date Additional Documents Requested: Medical on 07/31/2015
Date PGR Sent:
Date of ARC Request:
ECAS PR Application Status: In Process (We started Processing your application on July 20 2015.)
Date Landed in Canada:
General Comments about your application you wish to include:

I can see that some of the dates are kinda confusing but I am trying to figure everything out with e-mails that my fiance received, e-mails I got and by ECAS. Something I just noticed is that they said they where transfering my file to MVO on my Sponsorship Approval July 31 but on the ECAS it says they started processing my file on July 20th so I am very confused about this. So far it hasn’t shown the Medicals received yet.

Thanks!
JuanP

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
shanernewman said:
Hey all! Figured I would give an update! Here are our dates for my wife (sponsored) and myself (sponsor):

Destination in Canada:
Is Username the PR Applicant? No
Are you residing with your spouse/partner? Yes
Are you residing in Canada? Yes
Date Application couriered to CPC Miss: 08/11/15
Date Application received by CPC Miss: 08/11/15
Date Medical Done: 06/10/15
Date Medical Sent: 08/11/15
Date Stage 1 AOR Received: 09/17/11
Date Sponsorship Approval Received: 10/9/15
Date PGR Sent:
Date of ARC Request:
Date Landed in Canada:
General Comments about your application you wish to include: We were married on March 13th, 2015 in a small ceremony but had our large celebration with both families on July 18th. We have a lawyer who is working with us for this application.
Congratulations on your recent marriage and Welcome to the Mexico forum shanernewman! I have added you to the Timeline spreadsheet. What is your destination in Canada?

[/quote]

I have a question related to my comments above. I am just checking the status on the CIC status page, and it says the following:

Thanks!

[/quote]

Though it's possible, it doesn't seem likely that your application was received in Mexico 4 days after SA. Applications are sent in batches out of Mississauga to the VO. Depending on when they send the batch determines how quickly it gets to the VO. In my case I was approved on 03/24/2015 but the batch didn't leave Mississauga until 04/20/2015. And it took almost 6 months from SA to get AOR2. Yours may have gone much quicker but to me, it seems unlikely. I have more faith in the actual received communications from the VO such as an AOR2 email than ECAS status for determining when the received your application and when they started working the file. ECAS has historically not been a great measuring tool, which is why there is a spreadsheet. I'd say wait for an actual email from the VO with AOR2 to be sure. As for timing, well, you can read Jalex23's comments above. Every application once received in the VO goes through various stages of scrutiny. As I know it to be, first, eligibility, then security and criminality checks (Background checks). This Stage 2 can take 3 to 15 months depending on whether your application is routine or not. Hopefully yours is routine and will be completed in 3 to 6 months. Only the VO knows how long it will take. 3 months after you receive AOR2 consider requesting GCMS notes to see how your application is progressing.

Speedy processing!!