Waived
Passport Req..
18-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2015
LANDED..........
04-01-2016
saraotty said:
Amazing!!!!!!! Did you make the payment before or you made it today?
i just made it today! :)

Luna21

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-04-2015..........SA email 21-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-02-2015
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
VISA ISSUED...
01/15/2015
tricia-chile said:
Hi everyone,

I've been mia on here for the past few months but I thought I'd update our status as it may be helpful for someone else. Today we received my husbands passport back from Mexico, just over one week after PPR. He was approved!! ;D :D :D

We got a request for my husband to complete an FBI background check as he worked in the US for a few years. This set us back about 3.5 months- however all the waiting and stress was worth it!

One question I have is when you send in your passport, do they attach something? The paper says the visa is now affixed in the passport however I don't see anything! Can anyone enlighten me on this? Does the visa get applied when you enter Canada?

Good luck to everyone!! And thank you all the the support along the way!
Is he from a visa exempt country? If no, the visa should've been there!!! He needs the immigrant visa plus COPR to land

tricia-chile

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
29-09-2014
Luna21 said:
Is he from a visa exempt country? If no, the visa should've been there!!! He needs the immigrant visa plus COPR to land
Yes, he's from Chile which is a visa exempt country. Also, he's already in Canada so we have to call CIC to see where we need to go, the nearest immigration office or boarder I'm assuming.

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
14-09-2015 including PGR submitted 07/10/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 20-03-2015 - SA 24-03-2015 confirmed by phone 27-03-2015. AOR2 received 14-09-2015
File Transfer...
...within a month I was told - Update 22-04-2015 - was told my file transferred to MCVO on 20/04/2015
Med's Request
Upfront/Extended for one year to 12/01/2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
20-12-2015. PR Card Rec'd Feb 20, 2016
tricia-chile said:
Hi everyone,

I've been mia on here for the past few months but I thought I'd update our status as it may be helpful for someone else. Today we received my husbands passport back from Mexico, just over one week after PPR. He was approved!! ;D :D :D

We got a request for my husband to complete an FBI background check as he worked in the US for a few years. This set us back about 3.5 months- however all the waiting and stress was worth it!

One question I have is when you send in your passport, do they attach something? The paper says the visa is now affixed in the passport however I don't see anything! Can anyone enlighten me on this? Does the visa get applied when you enter Canada?

Good luck to everyone!! And thank you all the the support along the way!
tricia-chile!! Welcome back! Thought you'd dropped off the planet ;). I've been hoping for an update and wondering about your application status. Congrats on your approval!

As for the passport/visa my impression has always been that there would be some sort of visa "stamp" or laminated visa attached to one page of the passport, as well as a COPR letter. Though in reality I have never actually seen one. How can there be nothing in the passport?? That doesn't seem correct :eek:. You should call asap!?

If he's already in Canada you would do a flagpole landing I believe at a land border.

Edit: I didn't read the new posts before posting mine. So I am not aware of how the visa exempt/inland process goes in that regard!

PS - Please let us know your landing date so I can finalize your timeline in the spreadsheet. Tx and best wishes to you and your husband!

bluehorses

Sep 27, 2015
CANzanillo said:
Welcome bluehorses! Accurately and thoroughly fill out the attached questionnaire and I will add you to our spreadsheet where you can monitor the progress of many applications which is the best way to judge how long your application will take ;)

Once you make 10 posts you will be able to fill in your profile. Feel free to ask any questions. Expect a minimum of 6 months + from here on in.

Date Format: MM/DD/YYYY

Destination in Canada:
PR Applicant's Country of Origin:
Is Username the PR Applicant? Yes/No
Are you residing with your spouse/partner? Yes/No
Are you residing in Canada? Yes/No
Date Application couriered to CPC Miss:
Date Application received by CPC Miss:
Date Medical Done:
Date Medical Sent:
Date Stage 1 AOR Received:
Date Sponsorship Approval Received:
Date of File Transfer to MCVO:
Date Stage 2 AOR Received:
Date Interview Requested:
Date Interview Completed:
Date Additional Documents Requested:
Date PGR Sent:
Date of ARC Request:
Date Passport Requested by VO:
Date Passport Sent to VO:
Date of Confirmation Passport Rec'd by VO:
ECAS PR Application Status:
Date Passport Rec'd with COPR/Visa:
Date Landed in Canada:
General Comments about your application you wish to include:

Hi CANzanillo, here is my info! Thanks :)

Destination in Canada: Ontario
PR Applicant's Country of Origin: Uruguay
Is Username the PR Applicant? No
Are you residing with your spouse/partner? Yes
Are you residing in Canada? No
Date Application couriered to CPC Miss: 06/26/2015
/Date Application received by CPC Miss: 06/30/2015
Da/te Medical Done: 06/16/2015
Date Medical Sent: Upfront
Date Stage 1 AOR Received: 09/25/2015
Date Sponsorship Approval Received: 10/05/2015
Date PGR Sent:
Date of ARC Request:
Date Landed in Canada:

Chrillan

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1: 29-05-2015 AOR2: 30-09-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Request
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
saraotty said:
I have hope!!! I have a feeling that this month will end with lots of PPR :p
I hope so too!! :D

pau

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
3 09 2015
Passport Req..
15 09 2015
VISA ISSUED...
12 11 2015 gracias a Dios
LANDED..........
17 12 2015 por que Dios es Maravilloso
Jbodden said:
Awesome congrats.. I'm not to that stage yet but just for curiosity what did they asked you?
They asked me about how I met my husband, how he proposed me, how is to be in a distance relationship, my husband is canadian citizen but originally hes from eastern europe so she asked if it was normal for a eastern european man to fall in love with a southamerican women, she was like I know all couples have problems and argued what u guys argued about,....what were our plans when i moved to canada and where we were planning to live,who decided where we were gonna live, and then she said I need a couple minutes and I will tell u my answer,....then after 5 minutes she said you are aproved congrats, now u can breath!!! I was like yay!! but my relationship is genuine we did not have any red flags or anything we been thogheter for almost 3 years ,so I think sometimes they just call you for an interview como control de calidad I guess or in my case probably becouse of me being hispanic and my husband european..I dont know, every case is different, like I said just have faith and never give up, I trust in God a lot and Im very grateful!! I know we still have to wait for the mexican police record but Im positive..... good luck to you all

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
14-09-2015 including PGR submitted 07/10/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 20-03-2015 - SA 24-03-2015 confirmed by phone 27-03-2015. AOR2 received 14-09-2015
File Transfer...
...within a month I was told - Update 22-04-2015 - was told my file transferred to MCVO on 20/04/2015
Med's Request
Upfront/Extended for one year to 12/01/2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
20-12-2015. PR Card Rec'd Feb 20, 2016
bluehorses said:
Hi CANzanillo, here is my info! Thanks :)

Destination in Canada: Ontario
PR Applicant's Country of Origin: Uruguay
Is Username the PR Applicant? No
Are you residing with your spouse/partner? Yes
Are you residing in Canada? No
Date Application couriered to CPC Miss: 06/26/2015
/Date Application received by CPC Miss: 06/30/2015
Da/te Medical Done: 06/16/2015
Date Medical Sent: Upfront
Date Stage 1 AOR Received: 09/25/2015
Date Sponsorship Approval Received: 10/05/2015
Date PGR Sent:
Date of ARC Request:
Date Landed in Canada:
Thanks! Congrats on your recent SA. I now have your information in the timeline spreadsheet. Be sure to keep us all updated with changes to your timeline! Feel free to ask any questions you might have!

Speedy Processing!

Jbodden

Aug 27, 2015
Roatan, Honduras
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO CITY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-AUG-2015
Doc's Request.
28-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1-08-OCT-2015, AOR2- 11-FEB-2016
File Transfer...
SA- 26-OCT-2015, IP 05-NOV-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
17-AUG-2015
Interview........
WAIVED "Thank God"
Passport Req..
05-APRIL-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-APRIL-2016
LANDED..........
30-APRIL-2016
pau said:
They asked me about how I met my husband, how he proposed me, how is to be in a distance relationship, my husband is canadian citizen but originally hes from eastern europe so she asked if it was normal for a eastern european man to fall in love with a southamerican women, she was like I know all couples have problems and argued what u guys argued about,....what were our plans when i moved to canada and where we were planning to live,who decided where we were gonna live, and then she said I need a couple minutes and I will tell u my answer,....then after 5 minutes she said you are aproved congrats, now u can breath!!! I was like yay!! but my relationship is genuine we did not have any red flags or anything we been thogheter for almost 3 years ,so I think sometimes they just call you for an interview como control de calidad I guess or in my case probably becouse of me being hispanic and my husband european..I dont know, every case is different, like I said just have faith and never give up, I trust in God a lot and Im very grateful!! I know we still have to wait for the mexican police record but Im positive..... good luck to you all
That's awesome just a few questions.. Yeah every case is different some get call for an interview and some don't.. Oh ok I hope you get those records soon.. Congrats once again..

pau

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
3 09 2015
Passport Req..
15 09 2015
VISA ISSUED...
12 11 2015 gracias a Dios
LANDED..........
17 12 2015 por que Dios es Maravilloso
Jbodden said:
That's awesome just a few questions.. Yeah every case is different some get call for an interview and some don't.. Oh ok I hope you get those records soon.. Congrats once again..
Thanx a lot... yes hopefully soon....like i said everycase is totally different, Ive heard people said ok they asked for my background check and i send it but when are they gonna ask for my passport? Well they asked for my passport already with my photos wich i sent with all my police record.. and the mexican that Im waiting, and I have no idead how long it takes when u r outside Mexico...bit anyway, super positive and hoping for the best...is a teally long process and all I want is finally be with my husband...

Jbodden

Aug 27, 2015
Roatan, Honduras
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO CITY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-AUG-2015
Doc's Request.
28-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1-08-OCT-2015, AOR2- 11-FEB-2016
File Transfer...
SA- 26-OCT-2015, IP 05-NOV-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
17-AUG-2015
Interview........
WAIVED "Thank God"
Passport Req..
05-APRIL-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-APRIL-2016
LANDED..........
30-APRIL-2016
pau said:
Thanx a lot... yes hopefully soon....like i said everycase is totally different, Ive heard people said ok they asked for my background check and i send it but when are they gonna ask for my passport? Well they asked for my passport already with my photos wich i sent with all my police record.. and the mexican that Im waiting, and I have no idead how long it takes when u r outside Mexico...bit anyway, super positive and hoping for the best...is a teally long process and all I want is finally be with my husband...
Your welcome.. Ok.. Yeppers stay positive before you know it you will be in Canada with your husband. I agree it is a long process indeed and we are just getting started (stage 1). But we are also positive and praying it speeds up a bit..

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
maguita said:
Do you have idea in how long after the police certificate was sent does it take to get an answer???
Anywhere from one to six months.

nreilly said:
Received an email from Mexico today requesting for right of permanent fee but nothing else.. Is this good? Maybe next email is PRR? Or maybe no :-X
It means so far so good. Next email can be PPR... can also be refusal... can also be more documents..... it can be anything.

CANzanillo said:
I am anxious for us to move back to Canada for many reasons, mostly work and family and in part because my mother is being scheduled for pacemaker replacement surgery in the near future (sometime before the currently scheduled March 2016 surgery date), an operation that she may very well not survive. They have to take her off blood thinners for the operation, which alone may give her a heart attack. Her heart is very weak, and controlled 75% by the pacer, she is on oxygen 24/7 with significantly reduced lung capacity. She is currently having chest pain directly associated with her heart and her family doctor is trying move up the date of the surgery and to get her a cardiologist appointment asap to see if she can even tolerate the surgery. If he assesses that she can't then it is simply a matter of time before the battery dies in the pacemaker (the reason for it being replaced) and she dies shortly thereafter. I'd really like to get to Canada before that happens. Yes, of course I can fly there, but I would like to have my spouse in Canada so that they can get to know each other before it's too late. :'(
This may very well qualify as an emergency visa. Have you looked into that? You can attach the petition with a letter signed by the doctor stating the nature of the situation.

Hopefully you won't need it.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Just recieved PGR request... and as CANzanillo, they are requesting an update to Schedule A IMM5669....

Bah.... they requested 10 years and now they are asking for full "since you were 18"....

Anyway -> ;)

saraotty

Star Member
May 1, 2015
My husband's medicals will expire in Nov11. Do you guys think he should re- do the medicals before they ask for it again? ::)