CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
14-09-2015 including PGR submitted 07/10/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 20-03-2015 - SA 24-03-2015 confirmed by phone 27-03-2015. AOR2 received 14-09-2015
File Transfer...
...within a month I was told - Update 22-04-2015 - was told my file transferred to MCVO on 20/04/2015
Med's Request
Upfront/Extended for one year to 12/01/2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
20-12-2015. PR Card Rec'd Feb 20, 2016
Welcome shanernewman and gambrinus777!

If you care to share your application timelines with us I'd be happy to include them in the spreadsheet.

Provide detailed answers to the following questions and I will add you to the spreadsheet, then check back regularly to either update your timeline or post the updates and I will make the additions to the spreadsheet.

Speedy processing!

Timeline Dates:
Date Format: MM/DD/YYYY

Destination in Canada:
PR Applicant's Country of Origin:
Is Username the PR Applicant? Yes/No
Are you residing with your spouse/partner? Yes/No
Are you residing in Canada? Yes/No
Date Application Sent to CPC Miss:
Date Application Received by CPC Miss:
Date Medical Done:
Date Medical Sent:
Date Stage 1 AOR Received:
Date Sponsorship Approval Received:
Date of File Transfer to MCVO:
Date Stage 2 AOR Received:
Date Interview Requested:
Date Interview Completed:
Date Additional Documents Requested:
Date PGR Sent:
Date of ARC Request:
Date Passport Requested by VO:
Date Passport Sent to VO:
Date of Confirmation Passport Rec'd by VO:
ECAS PR Application Status:
Date Passport Rec'd with COPR/Visa:
Date Landed in Canada:

rojiyo

Star Member
May 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-07-2015 SA 11-08-2015
File Transfer...
17-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront and passed
Interview........
Waived
Hello fellows!!

Well, I'm new in this thread :D Today we received the AOR2 saying that our application will be sent to Mexico VO.

The thing is that I have been living in Spain the last 6 years (and I'm planning continue living here) and I present the checklist of "Western Europe" because they say "you must select the visa office that serves your country of nationality or the country where you have been legally admitted for at least one year", in my case Spain. However my nationality is Mexican, and I'm 28 yo. I was counting that CIC wil send my app to Paris VO, but they will not, so I have some doubts/question that I hope you can help me to figure out:

1.- Is normal that they send my app to Mexico instead of Paris? if so, more or less how long takes for Mexico VO to receive the app after Mississauga notify the AOR2?

2.- In general, how long take the process (including if they ask you for the PGR certificate)

Thanks in advance, any comment will be welcome!!!

CanadaHonduras1234

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
Doc's Request.
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
18-02-2015 and AOR2 29-04-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
My husband sent his police certificate in today and FedEx said it will be received on Tuesday!!! Hopefully things fast now!!

rojiyo

Star Member
May 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-07-2015 SA 11-08-2015
File Transfer...
17-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront and passed
Interview........
Waived
By the way, I just add my data in the spreadsheet 8)

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
AOR 20-03-2015 - SA 24-03-2015 confirmed by phone 27-03-2015. AOR2 received 14-09-2015
File Transfer...
...within a month I was told - Update 22-04-2015 - was told my file transferred to MCVO on 20/04/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
rojiyo said:
By the way, I just add my data in the spreadsheet 8)
;) gracias! I have organized you into the spreadsheet!

happy77

Aug 14, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
14/09/2016
Med's Done....
09/09/2016
Passport Req..
10-10-2017
Hello Luna21 and lorrein! I'm also Venezuelan and I will get married soon in Canada. I'd like to ask you if I need "carta de solteria" signed by a lawyer and "legalizada por el ministerio exterior". I'm still in Venezuela and I haven't read about this requirement, but I'm nervous if I could need it in the future. Also I'd like to know how many months is valid the police records (3 months or 6 months) in Mexico Embassy.

I'm starting to research information about that and this process is really hard.

Thank you very much for all your help.!!!

Luna21 said:
Now there's something that got me nervous. LovelyComplex you are the applicant, correct? Why are they asking for your husband's birth certificate? I don't remember sending these! Only my husband's birth certificate, I only sent my passport photocopies :/. We did translate and certified the marriage certificate, his birth certificate and national ID and passport.

lorrein

Jan 12, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/01/2015
File Transfer...
28/03/15
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
10/08/2015
Hello compatriota! Nice to meet you :) Carta de soltería is no required in Canada for getting married, also Canada didn't signed the Hague Convention so you don't need the apostil for anything here. The requirements for getting married in Canada depends of the province. For example in Alberta they only asked for my passport and that's it!

For the police records for the application is better to get them just before sending it (same thing with the Medical exam). Good luck!

happy77 said:
Hello Luna21 and lorrein! I'm also Venezuelan and I will get married soon in Canada. I'd like to ask you if I need "carta de solteria" signed by a lawyer and "legalizada por el ministerio exterior". I'm still in Venezuela and I haven't read about this requirement, but I'm nervous if I could need it in the future. Also I'd like to know how many months is valid the police records (3 months or 6 months) in Mexico Embassy.

I'm starting to research information about that and this process is really hard.

Thank you very much for all your help.!!!

Lovelycomplex

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 7th 2014
Doc's Request.
Jan 26th 2015-Marriage Certificate request
AOR Received.
Feb 11Th 2015 AOR2 AG 5th 2015-pgr
File Transfer...
SA- Feb 12Th 2015
Med's Done....
Medicals received on Ecas
LANDED..........
25/11/2015
Hello!!

Finally today i'm sending all the requerimends they asked me for, including the PGr with the translation...
They finally replied to my case inquiry where i asked them what to do since it's imposible for my husband(the Sponsor) to get a birth certificate from colombia in Canada. They simply replied this;

Madam,

We acknowledge receipt of the information you have recently submitted, however, please consider that you must send all the documents requested to you on August 5, 2015.

Please note that you have until October 05, 2015 to comply with our request.

Soooooo i don't really know if it means that i must have to send the BC no matter what or if it means that they got the information and that i have to send the other documends they have asked me for....

Today i'm sending them all the documents and instead of the birth certificate i'm sending a very nice letter explainig them how impossible it is to go to Colombia now to get a copy of the birth certificate....because he has to go personally to get a BC he can't send his family to get it.

I hope they understand that :( i'm feeling terrible about this, but sincemy husband has not been born in Canada i don't understand why would they ask for a BC from colombia!!! That's really stupid.

I'm done with this, i'm sending all the documents and the lette and that's it, i really hope they understand and that they won't actually reyect everything only because of that!!!

Any thoughts? :(

happy77

Aug 14, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
14/09/2016
Med's Done....
09/09/2016
Passport Req..
10-10-2017
Thank you very much Lorrein!!!! :D I was worried because last week I talked with a friend and he told me that in Spain, he need that letter. Yes, I know that Canada didn't signed in the Hague Convention, but I went to our Ministry of Foreign Affairs and they told me that they could make a legalization of my police records for Canada.

I have another question Lorrein, have you been waiting in Venezuela all this time?? or have you been in Canada? I want to do a course for least than 6 months and later, (after marrying and apply for the family class sponsorship in the Mexico Embassy), I want to ask for an extension for the tourism visa. I read in other posts that it's possible that CIC could approve a tourism visa for 1 year.

Thank you very much for all your help!!!! :)

lorrein said:
Hello compatriota! Nice to meet you :) Carta de soltería is no required in Canada for getting married, also Canada didn't signed the Hague Convention so you don't need the apostil for anything here. The requirements for getting married in Canada depends of the province. For example in Alberta they only asked for my passport and that's it!

For the police records for the application is better to get them just before sending it (same thing with the Medical exam). Good luck!

Chrillan

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1: 29-05-2015 AOR2: 30-09-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Request
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Hello everyone!

We need to courier my husbands medical examination letter (issued by the Panel Physician in Mexico DF) to the Visa Office in Mexico City as our file is on it's way there (it's been in limbo since July 15th). The letter from CIC Mississauga states "you must forward this information directly to the visa office noted above (being Mexico VO)" however it doesn't give us an address.
Has anyone had to courier information the Mexico City VO? If so, what address did you use, does the courier company require a phone number? I have sent them an email to the VO inquiring, but just in case they don't reply? We want to get this information to them before they send us another request.

Speedy process everyone!!

CanadaHonduras1234

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
Doc's Request.
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
18-02-2015 and AOR2 29-04-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
México hasmu husband's police certificate now!!! Hopefully things go fast from here!!

Just wondering during if anyone knows about the visa requirements for the US? We would have to travel through Houston so I think we would have to apply for a transit visa for him? Is that right or will him going through there to land in Canada be all he needs to prove with his passport?

lorrein

Jan 12, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/01/2015
File Transfer...
28/03/15
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
10/08/2015
Oh yes but apostil is different to "legalización" ;) that one is mandatory everywhere even if the country didn't signed de Hague Convention. And yes, I have been in Canada all this time. I came to Canada as Student, in the meanwhile I met hubby and after 10 months dating we got married. I applied for PR while I had the student visa and then it expired after I sent my papers. I went to a layer and that person recommended to apply for a tourism visa and a visitor record (two different papers because I was already within Canada).

Around 3 months ago I shared here how I did:

+++I want to share some information with you. I applied for a visitor record because I was already inside of Canada but for the visitor visa CIC ask for almost the same information (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/tourist.asp)

Then the trick it's to add extra info that will help to support your application (and I know all of this info because I hired a lawyer and she helped me a lot, actually I got my papers and I am right now in Canada with my hubby). These are the extra documents that you must add (but they are not in the list of documents that they normally ask for but remember you have to play smarter than them).

-If you have been in Canada before add the stamp made by Canadian authorities on your most recent entry into Canada and any other marked pages
-Photocopy of your last 3 Bank Statements and you HUSBAND'S statements
- Photocopy of your Marriage Certificate
- Photocopy of the submission of your Spousal Sponsorship Application, as a receipt or any other document that proves the submission. If you already have UCI then add any paper that has it.
-If you have been working in your country ask for a employer's letter. It has to has this specifications: company letterhead, must be signed for the responsible, have the printed name and title of the responsible person and show the company's full address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail and (if applicable) website address). The letter has to has the specific period of your employment with the company, position, main responsibilities, annual salary, number of hours worked per week.
-Any link that you have with your country can help you to prove that you will not remain in Canada further than the period allowed to stay and you after will return to your country as stated by the conditions of her visitor's visa.
-You need a invitation letter, there's a couple of examples in the forum of visitor's visa.

Husband's documents:
- Copy of his last Notice of Assessment
- Birth certificate's copy & passport's copy
- Last3 Bank Statements
- Employer's letter: see specifications (the letter has to has company letterhead, must be signed for the responsible, have the printed name and title of the responsible person and show the company's full address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail and (if applicable) website address). The letter has to has the specific period of your employment with the company, position, main responsibilities, annual salary, number of hours worked per week.

I hope all this info helps!

happy77 said:
Thank you very much Lorrein!!!! :D I was worried because last week I talked with a friend and he told me that in Spain, he need that letter. Yes, I know that Canada didn't signed in the Hague Convention, but I went to our Ministry of Foreign Affairs and they told me that they could make a legalization of my police records for Canada.

I have another question Lorrein, have you been waiting in Venezuela all this time?? or have you been in Canada? I want to do a course for least than 6 months and later, (after marrying and apply for the family class sponsorship in the Mexico Embassy), I want to ask for an extension for the tourism visa. I read in other posts that it's possible that CIC could approve a tourism visa for 1 year.

Thank you very much for all your help!!!! :)

APSRTC

Aug 17, 2015
Hi,

I couriered Spouse sponsorship application on august 2nd
On August 5 th applied for temporary resident visa to see my spouse and i got visa.

Now the question is ...

For TRV they gave me UCI number, once my spouse sponsorship application reaches to visa office they will create one more UCI number right ??

do i need to inform my existing UCI number to visa office where my sponsorship application processing ?? or Spouse sponsorship UCI number will not effect to visitor visa UCI ??

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
Lovelycomplex said:
Hello!!

Finally today i'm sending all the requerimends they asked me for, including the PGr with the translation...
They finally replied to my case inquiry where i asked them what to do since it's imposible for my husband(the Sponsor) to get a birth certificate from colombia in Canada. They simply replied this;

Madam,

We acknowledge receipt of the information you have recently submitted, however, please consider that you must send all the documents requested to you on August 5, 2015.

Please note that you have until October 05, 2015 to comply with our request.

Soooooo i don't really know if it means that i must have to send the BC no matter what or if it means that they got the information and that i have to send the other documends they have asked me for....

Today i'm sending them all the documents and instead of the birth certificate i'm sending a very nice letter explainig them how impossible it is to go to Colombia now to get a copy of the birth certificate....because he has to go personally to get a BC he can't send his family to get it.

I hope they understand that :( i'm feeling terrible about this, but sincemy husband has not been born in Canada i don't understand why would they ask for a BC from colombia!!! That's really stupid.

I'm done with this, i'm sending all the documents and the lette and that's it, i really hope they understand and that they won't actually reyect everything only because of that!!!

Any thoughts? :(
Can he not provide a "carta de poder", or the Colombian equivalent, to a family member (mother) to get the BC? It would really suck if they denied him a visa for lack of this document. You have invested a signicant amount of $ in the PR application already. Is the cost of a flight to Colombia worth the peace of mind knowing you have provided all the requested information? Look at it as an investment in your future together? If it were me I would probably be looking for cheap flights. Interjet sometimes has cheap flights to Bogotá from Mexico City $327US. Return $255. Westjet to Mexico, Interjet to Bogotá?

I don't know. Just some of my thoughts...

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
CanadaHonduras1234 said:
México hasmu husband's police certificate now!!! Hopefully things go fast from here!!

Just wondering during if anyone knows about the visa requirements for the US? We would have to travel through Houston so I think we would have to apply for a transit visa for him? Is that right or will him going through there to land in Canada be all he needs to prove with his passport?
If he can fly into Cancun or Puerto Vallarta he could fly direct to Canada, depending on your destination in Canada.