Med's Done....
06-02-2015
Passport Req..
24-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2015
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
Thanks OhCanadiana and CANzanillo! We are VERY happy.

Even though we're not family class sponsorship (we're FSW) I like hanging out in this thread because you are very knowledgeable about Mx VO. No other group has your expertise. :eek:

Thanks so much for the coaching and the support. Would have gone mad during the process if this thread didn't exist. You rock!

fabibeach

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-20-2014
Doc's Request.
02-20-2015
AOR Received.
none; SA Received on: 12-15-2014; AOR2: 02-20-2015
File Transfer...
12-15-2014
Med's Done....
08-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 07-02-2015 DM: 07-07-2015 COPR received: 07-09-2015
LANDED..........
08-15-2015
Congrats charalito!

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
Re: Got our visas!

charalito said:
Passports are back! Visas are here!

So very happy! :D

My courier method, in case somebody needs options. I opted for this because some salespersons are not used to prepaid purchases and I don't like explaining to the salesperson why I need them:
  • Go to nearest DHL location, ask for 2 document envelopes and 2 plastic envelope thingies to affix labels with.
  • Return home
  • Sign for an online account at My DHL https://www.mydhl.dhl.com/.
  • Buy two labels online, pay with credit card. One label is to ship to Mexico City, another one for return. In the "company" field, put your case number. Both will ask for shipping date, on the return one put whatever you want, it doesn't matter.
  • Print labels.
  • Put labels in the plastic thingies, stick them on envelopes (one each).
  • Fold the "return" envelope and insert into the other one
  • Add your own papers (either a folder or a regular envelope with your file number with big letters, a cover letter and documents requested.). Do not close DHL envelope.
  • Wait for DHL to pick up, or go to the location again if you're impatient like me. Say you already have the labels, just need to drop the documents. Show them the inside of the envelope (no need to take things out) and ask if you can seal it.
  • Take a deep breath, hand over your life and future hopes.
  • Go for a beer, or a cupcake or your choice of treat! You deserve it!

Wishing you all speedy process and safe travels.
See you in Canada!
I wish I had known this. I'm happy for you and glad to hear you got your passport back, means they are actually working on stuff. Hopefully ours will come soon.

fatimafnts

Feb 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 27/14
AOR Received.
Jan 13/15 & AOR2 Mar 18/15
File Transfer...
Jan 21/15
Med's Done....
Jul 14/14
Passport Req..
May 5/15
Has anyone applied for a visitor visa while waiting for the sponsorship to finish? Getting holidays for me to go there is nearly impossible and he has 2 weeks off.

jack87

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Doc's Request.
PCs: 29-08-2014
AOR Received.
SA: 01-08-2014 AOR2: 29-08-2014
File Transfer...
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
27-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
09-06-2015
Re: Got our visas!

charalito said:
Passports are back! Visas are here!

So very happy! :D

My courier method, in case somebody needs options. I opted for this because some salespersons are not used to prepaid purchases and I don't like explaining to the salesperson why I need them:
  • Go to nearest DHL location, ask for 2 document envelopes and 2 plastic envelope thingies to affix labels with.
  • Return home
  • Sign for an online account at My DHL https://www.mydhl.dhl.com/.
  • Buy two labels online, pay with credit card. One label is to ship to Mexico City, another one for return. In the "company" field, put your case number. Both will ask for shipping date, on the return one put whatever you want, it doesn't matter.
  • Print labels.
  • Put labels in the plastic thingies, stick them on envelopes (one each).
  • Fold the "return" envelope and insert into the other one
  • Add your own papers (either a folder or a regular envelope with your file number with big letters, a cover letter and documents requested.). Do not close DHL envelope.
  • Wait for DHL to pick up, or go to the location again if you're impatient like me. Say you already have the labels, just need to drop the documents. Show them the inside of the envelope (no need to take things out) and ask if you can seal it.
  • Take a deep breath, hand over your life and future hopes.
  • Go for a beer, or a cupcake or your choice of treat! You deserve it!

Wishing you all speedy process and safe travels.
See you in Canada!
Congratulations!!! ;D

Thanks for the detailed walkthrough for those of us who are still waiting for PPR. I've never used prepaid labels to courier a package so this is very helpful. 8)

jack87

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Doc's Request.
PCs: 29-08-2014
AOR Received.
SA: 01-08-2014 AOR2: 29-08-2014
File Transfer...
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
27-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
09-06-2015
fatimafnts said:
Has anyone applied for a visitor visa while waiting for the sponsorship to finish? Getting holidays for me to go there is nearly impossible and he has 2 weeks off.
I don't have first-hand experience of this, but I've been told that even though it's *possible*, it is very difficult to get a visitor visa approved if a citizen of a country that requires a visitor visa is married to a Canadian citizen or PR, regardless of whether there's a sponsorship application in process. This is because one of the criteria officers use to determine whether that person is likely to overstay is whether that person has stronger connections (through family, job, property owned, etc) to their home country or to Canada. A person who is married to a Canadian citizen or PR has the strongest family connection to Canada so they have to provide ample proof of connections to the home country.

I know some forum members in other threads have been able to get visitor visas to visit their spouses/partners in Canada during the sponsorship process so it can be done - it's just a lot more evidence is needed to prove that person won't overstay their visitor visa.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
jack87 said:
I don't have first-hand experience of this, but I've been told that even though it's *possible*, it is very difficult to get a visitor visa approved if a citizen of a country that requires a visitor visa is married to a Canadian citizen or PR, regardless of whether there's a sponsorship application in process. This is because one of the criteria officers use to determine whether that person is likely to overstay is whether that person has stronger connections (through family, job, property owned, etc) to their home country or to Canada. A person who is married to a Canadian citizen or PR has the strongest family connection to Canada so they have to provide ample proof of connections to the home country.

I know some forum members in other threads have been able to get visitor visas to visit their spouses/partners in Canada during the sponsorship process so it can be done - it's just a lot more evidence is needed to prove that person won't overstay their visitor visa.
Well explained.

I would just say that getting a TRV is just tougher once you filed a PR Sponsorship, so when you are planning to file one it is better to do it BEFORE applying for sponsorship.

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
Hey guys,

I know this has probably been asked a million times but I keyword searched the forum and can't find anything current. Can anyone tell me what questions cbsa/immigration are going to ask my husband when he's landing at the airport (Pearson)...

Also...he doesn't speak any English. Will they allow me to translate or should I phone ahead and tell them they will need a translator? Are they going to let the three of us (myself, him and our baby) stay together or will they separate us at some point?

I haven't bought plane tickets yet bc we are still waiting for the passport to come back from Mexico but it looks like the daily direct flight to Pearson will land in the evening like 8/8:30... Will we have any issues being outside of business hours? How long does it take on average? I don't know whether we should do an overnight in Toronto or if a 3 hour layover is long enough. (Unfortunately those are my only options)

Also what has been the attitude in general of the cbsa and immigration workers towards non English speakers? Do we have hostility to look forward to or are they just as nice as they would normally be?

If anyone can share their experiences or what they've heard I'd really appreciate it. I want to be prepared.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
agarand8 said:
I know this has probably been asked a million times but I keyword searched the forum and can't find anything current.
There is no reason to believe there is "current" information. Nothing has changed for a long time, so anything you find is good.

agarand8 said:
Can anyone tell me what questions cbsa/immigration are going to ask my husband when he's landing at the airport (Pearson)...
General questions. Nothing in special.

agarand8 said:
Also...he doesn't speak any English. Will they allow me to translate or should I phone ahead and tell them they will need a translator? Are they going to let the three of us (myself, him and our baby) stay together or will they separate us at some point?
They have their own translators.

agarand8 said:
I haven't bought plane tickets yet bc we are still waiting for the passport to come back from Mexico but it looks like the daily direct flight to Pearson will land in the evening like 8/8:30... Will we have any issues being outside of business hours? How long does it take on average? I don't know whether we should do an overnight in Toronto or if a 3 hour layover is long enough. (Unfortunately those are my only options)
There are no "buisness hours" for CBSA. There is no "average", depends on everything.

agarand8 said:
Also what has been the attitude in general of the cbsa and immigration workers towards non English speakers? Do we have hostility to look forward to or are they just as nice as they would normally be?
Doesn't make a difference.

agarand8 said:
If anyone can share their experiences or what they've heard I'd really appreciate it. I want to be prepared.
Comparing experiences is irrelevant, each case is different.

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
Jalex23 said:
There is no reason to believe there is "current" information. Nothing has changed for a long time, so anything you find is good.

General questions. Nothing in special.
From what I have seen they ask if you have been convicted of a crime, if your family has changed, your address in Canada. But I have also seen people say that they were asked to talk about how they met their spouse. My husband gets anxiety, if he is going to get questioned like he did in the interview, I need to tell him so he's prepared.

They have their own translators
I know that they have their own translators but will they allow me to translate? And if not...
They have their own translators that are sitting at the airport waiting to be of use? Or that are on call and live an hour away that we will have to wait for?

And the other question was will they let us stay together the whole time or are they going to separate us?

There are no "buisness hours" for CBSA. There is no "average", depends on everything.
well what does it depend on? How long did it take for you? You gave me no valuable information that would help me decide if I need a 3 hour layover or a 12 hour layover.

Doesn't make a difference.

Comparing experiences is irrelevant, each case is different.
Each case may be different, but if comparing experiences were so irrelevant this forum wouldn't exist.

I understand that you may tire from reading and answering the same questions over and over again but that doesn't make the questions any less relevant to the person asking them. When I land with my husband and we have to wait in immigration I will have an 11 month old with me not to mention that my husband has anxiety and is probably already losing sleep because he's nervous about the whole thing. It is very important for me to know ahead of time if they are going to separate us, if they are going to grill my husband, what factors could cause us to be delayed for longer periods of time, if they're going to be nice to him and all of the other things I asked.

If someone who has landed would help me by giving a more detailed response I would appreciate it, or if no one feels like helping me they can link me to some good threads with landing experiences.

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-08-2014
Nomination.....
27-11-2014
Med's Request
24 jan 2015
Med's Done....
4th Feb 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22 june 2015
VISA ISSUED...
30 june 2015
Hey guys..
Help help help!!!!!

Can anybody help me regarding mexico police clearance?
I am outside mexico. I have send my fingerprints to canadian embassy mexico city on February 6th 2015.

They have forward same to mexico police authorities, since then I have not received mexico pcc, how long will it take.

I have send 2 emails to canadian embassy and they replied saying this will take 60 business days..

It will be 60 business days next week. I am really worried.

1How long normally takes for this pcc for non residents?

2How will canadian embassy forward my result to new delhi visa office.?

Any input appreciated
Thanks

MissRepresentation

Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
Hey guys..
Help help help!!!!!

I am outside mexico. I have send my fingerprints to canadian embassy mexico city on February 6th 2015.

They have forward same to mexico police authorities, since then I have not received mexico pcc, how long will it take.

I have send 2 emails to canadian embassy and they replied saying this will take 60 business days..

Any input appreciated
Thanks
I'm in the same situation, sent the request in mid-February and haven't heard since. Funny how they love giving out inconsistent information, as I emailed the Canadian Embassy in Mexico last week with the same enquiry and they told me

"You will be advised when police clearance has been completed. We are unable to advise of processing times at this time as third party processing times are involved and outside of our control".

No mention of the 60-day deadline.

I'll try to call the PGR tomorrow (police dept in charge of these certificates) and I'll post whatever information they give me.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
agarand8 said:
From what I have seen they ask if you have been convicted of a crime, if your family has changed, your address in Canada. But I have also seen people say that they were asked to talk about how they met their spouse. My husband gets anxiety, if he is going to get questioned like he did in the interview, I need to tell him so he's prepared.
I know that they have their own translators but will they allow me to translate? And if not...
They have their own translators that are sitting at the airport waiting to be of use? Or that are on call and live an hour away that we will have to wait for?
Have him be prepared, in the unlikely case they ask questions. I have seen them question folks and can think of one case where they asked a common-law couple to come back with proof of their relationship .... but those are outliers. Usually, they just ask about criminality, family composition and your address in Canada. Have him take a piece of paper with your address (they appreciate the ease of seeing it and typing it in).

You may be able to do most translation while you are together (e.g., first checkpoint and customs), but I don't know that they'll let you translate the criminality and family composition questions since he needs to initial his responses and sign the CoPR. They have translators available by phone and in Pearson I would be surprised if there isn't a (third-party) Spanish speaker around especially if you are on a flight direct from Mexico.

agarand8 said:
And the other question was will they let us stay together the whole time or are they going to separate us?
You may want to ask this out in the main forum for someone that's recently landed. I've heard both versions historically. Sometimes it depends on how busy it is.

agarand8 said:
well what does it depend on? How long did it take for you? You gave me no valuable information that would help me decide if I need a 3 hour layover or a 12 hour layover.
Each case may be different, but if comparing experiences were so irrelevant this forum wouldn't exist.
I'd plan for a longer layover to ensure you have plenty of safety margin. There's no way to fully predict how long you may have to wait based on other flights landing at the same time or an 'issue' in the area. 12 hours is likely overkill but 3 hours may be tight. The landing itself and the B4 is probably less than half an hour; and hour would be safe; it's just the waiting that has uncertain length. Heck, I know people that on a good day have had a 1+ hour wait in YYZ just to make it through the lines.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys..
Help help help!!!!!

Any input appreciated
Thanks
It takes the PGR 10 days to process it once they get it from the Embassy. The Embassy will process it and input the clearance into the system (they won't send you the certificate itself) and ND should see it there. However, reports are that it's taking the Embassy quite some time to process them these days as others have asked similar questions (and they took the instructions off the CIC website for people to mail the requests to the Embassy of Canada in Mexico so things may be changing).

Send them a case specific enquiry to ask them for an update. And you can try to call the PGR (if you're nice they'll tell you if they've processed it).

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-08-2014
Nomination.....
27-11-2014
Med's Request
24 jan 2015
Med's Done....
4th Feb 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22 june 2015
VISA ISSUED...
30 june 2015
MissRepresentation said:
I'm in the same situation, sent the request in mid-February and haven't heard since. Funny how they love giving out inconsistent information, as I emailed the Canadian Embassy in Mexico last week with the same enquiry and they told me

"You will be advised when police clearance has been completed. We are unable to advise of processing times at this time as third party processing times are involved and outside of our control".

No mention of the 60-day deadline.

I'll try to call the PGR tomorrow (police dept in charge of these certificates) and I'll post whatever information they give me.

ohhh god even I have got exactly same reply...
Whats wrong with them? I have already asked for 2 extenssion from new delhi. How long to wait?
Please let me know once you get any update.

Thanks