+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

susana

Nov 4, 2008
mbajouco said:
Hey everyone, So our first stage has been approved and we have gotten the fingerprints and photos needed to get the Informe de datos registrales. Just wondering when we send all this to the embassy in mexico city will they forward this to Mississauga where our application is being processed? because according to the email we have to have it sent to case processing centre by jan 1/15. Also we want to apply for an open work permit, I cant do it online because my wife's visitor visa has expired and she is under implied status. In the work permit package it says we need a stamped imm 5401 receipt, since i paid for the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) online is that the reciept they are looking for?
You just need to follow the instructions , The Canadian Embassy will apply for her PGR PCC and will infor your visa office. Your wife cannot apply for an open work permit as she is an outland applicant. Why is she on implied status? Did you apply for an extension as a visitor?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
paquita said:
Hello to all THE PEOPLE who are sponsoring or sponsored their MExican spouse..... I am looking for support/friendship/ more so knowing im not the only one going through this alone. I have a gazillion questions, and would like to speak with a few of you guys that have sponsored your spouses to Canada or still in process so i can hear about your steps and such.. Please. email me or message me.
Thank you
Im a 34 Female from Ontario. We have a 22 month old daugther and we been apart now for over 8 months. I really want to PM a few of you but its not allowing me.
Please email me corolla22 @ hotmail.com

Thank you
Welcome!

You can PM folks once you have 10 posts. Or, just start posting here and we'll try to chime in to help. :)

amhel26

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Hi everyone!
Is good to know there is a helpful post for people applying through Mexico.
I would like to share my situation and hopefully i can have your opinions, i will really appreciate it.

I was born and have lived all my life in Mexico, and i also have Spanish citizenship because of my grandparents.
I was under the idea that I could apply through Spain which meant my application would go to Paris office, one of the fastest ones.

Since I started asking in this forum it seems CIC could change my application to Mexico office because of stronger ties to this country.
I keep trying to figure out the best way to go, this is the post if anyone is interested.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/dual-citizenship-what-office-it-goes-to-or-change-to-inland-t245609.0.html

Now, my reason to contact this thread is because I would like to know if its true that the times posted on the Mexico City office are not real, apparently it is faster. What is the average time for an application through Mexico? I am applying common law and I will be sending the medical and the full payment with application.

Also, my application is almost ready but with the checklist for Spain, so now i need to get some papers from Mexico including the birth certificate officially translated. Can someone help me understand how to get this? is it apostillado? does it has to be through embassy or who does it in Mexico? I am at the moment in Canada under extended stay so I was hoping family members can get this for me.
Hope someone can help, thank you so much!!!!!

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2014. Sponsor Approval : June 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
PGR: august 5, 2014
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made: Nov 6,2014
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
amhel26 said:
Hi everyone!
Is good to know there is a helpful post for people applying through Mexico.
I would like to share my situation and hopefully i can have your opinions, i will really appreciate it.

I was born and have lived all my life in Mexico, and i also have Spanish citizenship because of my grandparents.
I was under the idea that I could apply through Spain which meant my application would go to Paris office, one of the fastest ones.

Since I started asking in this forum it seems CIC could change my application to Mexico office because of stronger ties to this country.
I keep trying to figure out the best way to go, this is the post if anyone is interested.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/dual-citizenship-what-office-it-goes-to-or-change-to-inland-t245609.0.html

Now, my reason to contact this thread is because I would like to know if its true that the times posted on the Mexico City office are not real, apparently it is faster. What is the average time for an application through Mexico? I am applying common law and I will be sending the medical and the full payment with application.

Also, my application is almost ready but with the checklist for Spain, so now i need to get some papers from Mexico including the birth certificate officially translated. Can someone help me understand how to get this? is it apostillado? does it has to be through embassy or who does it in Mexico? I am at the moment in Canada under extended stay so I was hoping family members can get this for me.
Hope someone can help, thank you so much!!!!!
Hello and welcome!
As far as the posted times for Mexico city I have been told that that is usually an average from last years applications. If you see my time line I applied in April and it took 2 months for me to be approved as sponsor and then my husband received PGR ( police and background check letter) in August and we sent that Aug 25. We have not heard back or have any updates on ECAS, it's been almost 2 months (so frustrating) where others received their passport request within a couple of weeks after PGR. So it really depends.
You birth certificate needs to be translated and certified, I don't know who can do that in mexico because I did my husbands in Canada maybe someone else on here can help you with that and direct you to someone close to where you live.
Good luck!

amhel26

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Thank you so much for your answer! Good luck with your application, i hope you can keep me posted on your timeline, im hoping is not as long as it says on CIC site.

I am in Canada at the moment too, can I ask you how you did the birth certificate translation here? Did your husband asked for the oficial certificate in mexico and then got it translated in canada? i had no idea if that could be done, definetly would be an option for me, hope you can help me with that information.
Thank you so much!!!

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
I went to Mosaic which is in Vancouver. It's an agency that helps immigrants in canada. They translated his original birth certificate. That's all I submitted. I'm not sure where you live in Mexico but you might be able to get a lawyer translate it. Not sure.

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
amhel26 said:
Thanks!! Ill check that,im in vancouver too, that was very helpful :) good luck with your app.
You are welcome! The office is on commercial drive

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
My husband received the PPR letter today!!!! ;D ;D ;D :) :) :) :D :D :D :D

amhel26

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Congratulations! That must be so exciting. May I ask how long it took? Hows ur timeline looking? Ill really appreciate your comment. Congrats again!

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
amhel26 said:
Congratulations! That must be so exciting. May I ask how long it took? Hows ur timeline looking? Ill really appreciate your comment. Congrats again!
2 months for PPR since we sent the PGR. We sent our entire application in April.

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
I'm jealous. You applied after us and you have ppr before us. But I guess my husband did have a medical issue. I hope that's all it is. Just praying for this process to be over already.

Congrats. I really am happy for you. You could probably be in Canada for Christmas if you wanted!

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
Did you submit the new medical? If he no longer has the issue then you should be next! We actually sent a case specific inquiry asking if everything was received after we sent the PGR and the responded friday morning. That nothing more was needed from our end. Then at 4:00 my husband received the PPR. It's like they needed a little nudge! Lol.

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
tweetybird said:
Did you submit the new medical? If he no longer has the issue then you should be next! We actually sent a case specific inquiry asking if everything was received after we sent the PGR and the responded friday morning. That nothing more was needed from our end. Then at 4:00 my husband received the PPR. It's like they needed a little nudge! Lol.
Yes. We had to get extra tests done and that was completed in August. The ecas said medical results received for a while now. I wasn't checking everyday so I'm not sure exactly when it changed.

That's interesting about the case specific inquiry. My aor from them said that these applications are typically processed in 6 months. 6 months for me will be November. So maybe if I don't hear anything then on nov 30 I will do that.

I ordered gcms notes and they should arrive this week, so I'll see what those say too.

It's too bad though. I really wanted to be home for Christmas and I figure we would need the ppr by the second week of November and we might still make it. Might, lol. That would be cutting it a little close. That gives it 3 more weeks. I am praying so hard over here.

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
Hello all. I just got my gcms notes and it looks like we are waiting on an interview but can anyone tell me why it would say "pls add to Nicaragua interview queue" my husband is from Costa rica...I can't imagine we would have to leave the country for an interview....