+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

costacro

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
ksimental said:
I sent a CSE to Mexico City this morning and it took them 44 minutes to get back to me. Looks like someone is working today.
I just want to know that they have our file even if they're not looking at it yet. They say they don't have it but, CIC says they sent it August 26 and it still says "in transit". Why would it take this long to get there? I'm worried because I don't know if it's sitting in a pile or if it's been lost in transit. How do I find out? Ugh.
Same thing happened to us. When did you call cic call centre? And did you tell them that mexico visa office said they havent received it? Cause i had to forward the email from mxico to cic so they could "re- transfer" it

ksimental

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Doc's Request.
15-11-2013
AOR Received.
03-08-2013
File Transfer...
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
costacro said:
Same thing happened to us. When did you call cic call centre? And did you tell them that mexico visa office said they havent received it? Cause i had to forward the email from mxico to cic so they could "re- transfer" it
I called CIC 2 weeks ago and today. The woman I spoke with said a file being "in transit" after this long is normal. Normal?!? How is that normal? What are they doing that is soooo special that it takes more than a month to get to the VO? I'm supposed to contact Mexico City again in 2 weeks and ask again. I'm super irritated.

costacro

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
ksimental said:
I called CIC 2 weeks ago and today. The woman I spoke with said a file being "in transit" after this long is normal. Normal?!? How is that normal? What are they doing that is soooo special that it takes more than a month to get to the VO? I'm supposed to contact Mexico City again in 2 weeks and ask again. I'm super irritated.
Oh yeah transfer time takes a month thats normal. For some reason i thought it was longer. I only contacted them after 2 1/2 mnths. So youre fine its within the normal limits.

ksimental

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Doc's Request.
15-11-2013
AOR Received.
03-08-2013
File Transfer...
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
costacro said:
Oh yeah transfer time takes a month thats normal. For some reason i thought it was longer. I only contacted them after 2 1/2 mnths. So youre fine its within the normal limits.
Thanks, costacro. That makes me feel better. I don't understand why it would take a month but, if that seems to be the norm with everyone, I'll take it. I guess I am trying to force an AOR out of them because I'm so anxious that something is going to get lost or go wrong and I'm trying to stay on top of it but, there's only so much I can do, obviously. If I don't hear anything in the next two weeks, I guess I'll try again.

costacro

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
ksimental said:
Thanks, costacro. That makes me feel better. I don't understand why it would take a month but, if that seems to be the norm with everyone, I'll take it. I guess I am trying to force an AOR out of them because I'm so anxious that something is going to get lost or go wrong and I'm trying to stay on top of it but, there's only so much I can do, obviously. If I don't hear anything in the next two weeks, I guess I'll try again.

No problem. Think positive and be optimistic to have good things happen. This process is long you just have to have patience. Thats why this forum is great. Everyone helps each other. Hope you get fast feedback.

samavril

Feb 22, 2013
Hello, :)

Just a quick question which pertains to obtaining a police certificate from Mexico,i am currently in the process of sponsoring
my husband and he studied in Mexico City for 2 years,he is no longer there,how do i go about obtaining that Police certificate
without him physically having to be there?,am i able to fedex the required documents to the embassy there or appoint someone to get it on his behalf that
is not a relative?,if i can be pointed in the right direction it will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Samavril

ksimental

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Doc's Request.
15-11-2013
AOR Received.
03-08-2013
File Transfer...
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
samavril said:
Hello, :)

Just a quick question which pertains to obtaining a police certificate from Mexico,i am currently in the process of sponsoring
my husband and he studied in Mexico City for 2 years,he is no longer there,how do i go about obtaining that Police certificate
without him physically having to be there?,am i able to fedex the required documents to the embassy there or appoint someone to get it on his behalf that
is not a relative?,if i can be pointed in the right direction it will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Samavril
Hi Samavril,

Follow this link for the info that you need: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/outside-mexico.asp

guanada

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
30-10-2013
AOR Received.
SA: 15-05-2013 VO: 29-10-2013
Med's Done....
16-04-2013; 14-04-2014
Passport Req..
16-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
May hopefully!
ksimental said:
I sent a CSE to Mexico City this morning and it took them 44 minutes to get back to me. Looks like someone is working today.
I just want to know that they have our file even if they're not looking at it yet. They say they don't have it but, CIC says they sent it August 26 and it still says "in transit". Why would it take this long to get there? I'm worried because I don't know if it's sitting in a pile or if it's been lost in transit. How do I find out? Ugh.
I sent a CSE yesterday and there was a response waiting for me this morning, so yeah definitely someone working;maybe they've finally shifted gears and started focusing on family apps now that the school year has started.

costacro said:
Dont go by ecas. It is really unreliable. And as far as i can remember on my husbands part it said application received even when they sent us the aor from mexico. It changed to in progress two months after the aor. And the application received was from when they received it in Mississauga because the date on it was the date i sent the whole app initially to mississauga
And I would agree not to go by ecas (pretty useless so far). The embassy responded to my CSE saying that my application is in process (apparently) but there was never any update on my ecas and I didn't even receive an AOR (I don't know if one is still coming requesting documents). Is it possible to just all of a sudden get PPR without any additional documents requested?

msprisci

Oct 29, 2012
Miami
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
03-06-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2013 Sponsorship Approval
Med's Done....
04-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
02-12-2013
Hello all! I am glad to see things are moving in the Mexican Embassy... I was starting to loose hope! I had a quick question for some of you that already received PPR; do they send you an email notification or only a letter from the mail when they ask for the Passport? I want to make sure we will know when to expect a letter, and make sure it doesn't get lost in the mail! Thanks!!

costacro

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
msprisci said:
Hello all! I am glad to see things are moving in the Mexican Embassy... I was starting to loose hope! I had a quick question for some of you that already received PPR; do they send you an email notification or only a letter from the mail when they ask for the Passport? I want to make sure we will know when to expect a letter, and make sure it doesn't get lost in the mail! Thanks!!

Hello. I have only been contacted through email from the mexican embassy including PPR. I think thts the best form of communication regular post cant be as reliable especially overseas

ksimental

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Doc's Request.
15-11-2013
AOR Received.
03-08-2013
File Transfer...
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
costacro said:
Hello. I have only been contacted through email from the mexican embassy including PPR. I think thts the best form of communication regular post cant be as reliable especially overseas
Even the PGR request? My husband has already sent a prepaid waybill for that. Email is way better, though! I suppose we could just let them know to use the waybill to send his passport back.

costacro

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
ksimental said:
Even the PGR request? My husband has already sent a prepaid waybill for that. Email is way better, though! I suppose we could just let them know to use the waybill to send his passport back.

Sorry but what is a PGR? My husband is not from mexico so i dont recall that. But from the AOR to arc to ppr everything we received from them was through email. And then we would just send the docs dhl or registered mail to mexico VO. And i also would scan the docs and email them to the vo with a bote that the priunals should be arriving through the post shortly. I dont know if that was an extra unnecessary step but just wanted to be safe

ksimental

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Doc's Request.
15-11-2013
AOR Received.
03-08-2013
File Transfer...
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
Ah! That makes sense. The PGR is their Federal Police Check. I'm pretty sure they send the request by snail mail unless they've changed procedures.
I don't know if mailing and scanning is extra cautious but, I would do the exact same thing! Better safe than sorry, right?

costacro

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
ksimental said:
Ah! That makes sense. The PGR is their Federal Police Check. I'm pretty sure they send the request by snail mail unless they've changed procedures.
I don't know if mailing and scanning is extra cautious but, I would do the exact same thing! Better safe than sorry, right?
Yeah so we wouldnt have gotten the PGR just with his Aor we had to get the rcmp police certificate and his country police certificate. And as i recall i had to initiate the email communication with cic and mexico visa office in order for them to communicate with us through email. Not sure how its to be done now