Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
This Mrs Davila person sounds scary, which brings me to another question I was wondering about...

My husband is Costa Rican, but we obviously have to apply through Mexico. If we have to do an interview, we won't have to go to Mexico will we? Would the interview be help at the Canadian Embassy in Costa Rica?

Thanks.

Frida19

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2013
Doc's Request.
05-05-2013
AOR Received.
05-05-2013
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Request
ARC REQUEST 21-02-14 ARC SEND 26-02-14
Med's Done....
14-12-2012
Interview........
19-02-2014APPROVED
Passport Req..
26 -03-2014 PASSPORT SEND 26-03-14
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-14
LANDED..........
28-04-14
Nell1236 said:
As I've said elsewhere, we did not see a single Canadian at the Mexican Embassy, my husband was kept waiting from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and I was in the waiting are you mentioned from 12 on. BUT I didn't know there was a different access by car (at taxpayers' expense). I'd like to see the phantoms on the 6th floor.

As to who is running the place? I can tell you that: her name is Mrs. Davila. She's been there for 20 odd years and there are many people who think it's more than time for her to be gone. The first interviewer sent my husband to be interrogated by her and she is a tough old bird.
Sorry to ask this , but why did they request an interview ? :s

Frida19

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2013
Doc's Request.
05-05-2013
AOR Received.
05-05-2013
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
14-12-2012
Interview........
19-02-2014APPROVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-14
LANDED..........
28-04-14
agarand8 said:
This Mrs Davila person sounds scary, which brings me to another question I was wondering about...

My husband is Costa Rican, but we obviously have to apply through Mexico. If we have to do an interview, we won't have to go to Mexico will we? Would the interview be help at the Canadian Embassy in Costa Rica?

Thanks.
I know she sounds scary working there for 20 years that's way too much :s & I don't think you'll have to go to Mexico for an interview .. Just try nd be positive and don't think they will ask for an interview :) btw why is ur application being process in Mexico ? There isn't a Canadian embassy in Costa Rica ? :s

Frida19

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2013
Doc's Request.
05-05-2013
AOR Received.
05-05-2013
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
14-12-2012
Interview........
19-02-2014APPROVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-14
LANDED..........
28-04-14
Hi guys I know this has nothing to do wit this but I have a question , I haven't got my visa yet but I want to be ready for when I do .... My question is : Does anybody knows how much does a plain ticked cost from Veracruz to Toronto ? Like an idea of how much it will cost me ? We want to be ready nd have enought money saved lol thanks

msprisci

Oct 29, 2012
Miami
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
03-06-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2013 Sponsorship Approval
Med's Done....
04-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
02-12-2013
Frida19 said:
Hi guys I know this has nothing to do wit this but I have a question , I haven't got my visa yet but I want to be ready for when I do .... My question is : Does anybody knows how much does a plain ticked cost from Veracruz to Toronto ? Like an idea of how much it will cost me ? We want to be ready nd have enought money saved lol thanks
Check www.kayak.com or www.expedia.com

costacro

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
agarand8 said:

Thanks.

Hello there. My husband is costa rican and his app is in process in mexico. Thankfully we didnt require an interview but my sister in law did a few yrs back and you go to the embassy of canada in san jose for the interview you dont need to go to mexico.

costacro

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Frida19 said:
I know she sounds scary working there for 20 years that's way too much :s & I don't think you'll have to go to Mexico for an interview .. Just try nd be positive and don't think they will ask for an interview :) btw why is ur application being process in Mexico ? There isn't a Canadian embassy in Costa Rica ? :s

There is a canadian embassy in costa rica but they are not responsible for family sponsorship. All cost rican aling other countries family sponsorship application were being processed in Guatemala until last year at which time they stopped processing them in guatemala and transferred family sponsorship apps to mexico. Guatemala waiting time was 26 mnths last yr and we were so excited that mexico was much quicker but this damn strike ruined everything. And there are many more latin american countires whos apps get processed in mexico .

Nell1236

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 3, 2013
AOR Received.
June 3, 2013
Frida19 said:
Sorry to ask this , but why did they request an interview ? :s
They don't tell you why they request an interview, it could have been any number of things.

nzk0

Star Member
Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/03/13
AOR Received.
10/04/13
mark_kar said:
Hello All

I answer to some of your questions

Yes PR activity has essentially stopped. I mean by this activity has slowed significantly but not stopped entirely.

Again the PAFSO members are on work to rule which means they intentionally delay or work when they feel like it so we may seem some PR processing done.

We did not see the Canadians enter the general public access. This access brings you to a secure area were attendants (Mexican Embassy workers) address public inquires through thick glass windows. My wife and I protested at this access gate.

PAFSO members (Canadians) work in the Offices (I think on the 6 floor). The access to these offices are through a subterranean parking garage. Most PAFSO members drive their cars (provided by your tax dollars) park and enter the offices.

I stood at parking ramp watching cars enter and leave the garage looking for Canadian embassy vehicles. We did see an embassy vehicle leave the garage so yes Canadians are leaving and entering the Embassy.

We should all be outraged!

Why are striking workers allowed to enter the Embassy? Who is running the place?

Canadians are supporting this Embassy not to mention the salaries of PAFSO members and we are being treated like garbage.

Again I appeal to all of you affected

Notify your MP and in strong terms demand that the Minister (Chris Alexander) do something
Email the CIC email and demand the Minister do something Minister @ cic.gc.ca
If you are in Mexico City visit the VO office and demand a schedule as to when approx your PR will be ready. If you have
been waiting for 10 months or more you have a right to know (strike or no strike). If they refuse demand to speak to a PAFSO officer or someone in charge.

The office should be accountable to Canadians so don't be intimidated by the attendants. Tell them you want to speak to a Canadian (for heavens sake there has to be at least one Canadian Citizen in a Canadian Embassy).

This all may sound like heavy stuff but unfortunately CIC has intentionally given Canadian families last priority. Unless something is done
waiting times for family members will only increase beyond already unreasonable wait times.

I will be planning another protest shorty. I will be posting the details on another thread. If you are in Mexico City and you are affected by all this please notify me.

Thanks Mark Kar

I had asked the speak to a Canadian but the Mexican employee told me it's a conflict of interest since they're the ones that approve or deny the applications. I don't know if there is any truth to this... Even though I speak Spanish like a Mexican and have lived in Mexico for three years now, It's quite frustrating to have to deal with foreigners in your own embassy.

I was actually wondering, if I request to speak to the Canadian ambassador, wouldn't I have the right to do so as a Canadian citizen?

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
nzk0 said:
I was actually wondering, if I request to speak to the Canadian ambassador, wouldn't I have the right to do so as a Canadian citizen?
I would think so.

costacro said:
Hello there. My husband is costa rican and his app is in process in mexico. Thankfully we didnt require an interview but my sister in law did a few yrs back and you go to the embassy of canada in san jose for the interview you dont need to go to mexico.
Thanks, that is comforting. I don't think there will be a reason for one, but just incase it's good to know.

Frida19 said:
Yes there is a Canadian Embassy in Costa Rica however there is not an application processing center. I think for the majority of latin america most temporary visas are getting processed in Guatemala City, and all Spousal Apps are going to Mexico.

Frida19

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2013
Doc's Request.
05-05-2013
AOR Received.
05-05-2013
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
14-12-2012
Interview........
19-02-2014APPROVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-14
LANDED..........
28-04-14
I found this website this website called flight network , they are cheap the only problem is when I get my visa I will have to stop in the states ... Does anybody knows what I will have to get to go thru the states ?

Frida19

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2013
Doc's Request.
05-05-2013
AOR Received.
05-05-2013
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
14-12-2012
Interview........
19-02-2014APPROVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-14
LANDED..........
28-04-14
Nell1236 said:
They don't tell you why they request an interview, it could have been any number of things.
That's crazy , at least they should let ppl know why they ask for an interview , I don't think they will ask me for one but I want to be ready if they do

Frida19

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2013
Doc's Request.
05-05-2013
AOR Received.
05-05-2013
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
14-12-2012
Interview........
19-02-2014APPROVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-14
LANDED..........
28-04-14
agarand8 said:
I would think so.

Thanks, that is comforting. I don't think there will be a reason for one, but just incase it's good to know.

Yes there is a Canadian Embassy in Costa Rica however there is not an application processing center. I think for the majority of latin america most temporary visas are getting processed in Guatemala City, and all Spousal Apps are going to Mexico.
Totally I don't think they'll ask me for an interview but I want to be ready if they do lol , I will go crazy if I had to start this all over again !

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
Frida19 said:
Totally I don't think they'll ask me for an interview but I want to be ready if they do lol , I will go crazy if I had to start this all over again !
Yeah I understand. Probably if we get called for an interview, to prepare I will just talk to my husband and we can quiz each other on important dates, names of family members, review all of the answers that were written on the sponsor spouse questionnaire form. Go over wedding details, honeymoon details, future plans, etc. Make sure that you are on the same page with everything. For people who are in legitimate relationships the interview shouldn't be a problem. My husband gets super bad anxiety though and so if our interview isn't waived we will probably be "studying" for it every day so that he doesn't have a moment of panic when they ask him what my moms name is. (he just calls her mom).

Frida19 said:
I found this website this website called flight network , they are cheap the only problem is when I get my visa I will have to stop in the states ... Does anybody knows what I will have to get to go thru the states ?
What country are you from?

guanada

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
30-10-2013
AOR Received.
SA: 15-05-2013 VO: 29-10-2013
Med's Done....
16-04-2013; 14-04-2014
Passport Req..
16-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
May hopefully!
mark_kar said:
Hello All

I answer to some of your questions

Yes PR activity has essentially stopped. I mean by this activity has slowed significantly but not stopped entirely.

Again the PAFSO members are on work to rule which means they intentionally delay or work when they feel like it so we may seem some PR processing done.

We did not see the Canadians enter the general public access. This access brings you to a secure area were attendants (Mexican Embassy workers) address public inquires through thick glass windows. My wife and I protested at this access gate.

PAFSO members (Canadians) work in the Offices (I think on the 6 floor). The access to these offices are through a subterranean parking garage. Most PAFSO members drive their cars (provided by your tax dollars) park and enter the offices.

I stood at parking ramp watching cars enter and leave the garage looking for Canadian embassy vehicles. We did see an embassy vehicle leave the garage so yes Canadians are leaving and entering the Embassy.

We should all be outraged!

Why are striking workers allowed to enter the Embassy? Who is running the place?

Canadians are supporting this Embassy not to mention the salaries of PAFSO members and we are being treated like garbage.

Again I appeal to all of you affected

Notify your MP and in strong terms demand that the Minister (Chris Alexander) do something
Email the CIC email and demand the Minister do something Minister @ cic.gc.ca
If you are in Mexico City visit the VO office and demand a schedule as to when approx your PR will be ready. If you have
been waiting for 10 months or more you have a right to know (strike or no strike). If they refuse demand to speak to a PAFSO officer or someone in charge.

The office should be accountable to Canadians so don't be intimidated by the attendants. Tell them you want to speak to a Canadian (for heavens sake there has to be at least one Canadian Citizen in a Canadian Embassy).

This all may sound like heavy stuff but unfortunately CIC has intentionally given Canadian families last priority. Unless something is done
waiting times for family members will only increase beyond already unreasonable wait times.

I will be planning another protest shorty. I will be posting the details on another thread. If you are in Mexico City and you are affected by all this please notify me.

Thanks Mark Kar
Hi Mark Kar, I'm glad someone is expressing their outrage, I've also felt like protesting how this situation is being handled, if I were in Mexico City I would definitely join you. But I'm writing because of something I noticed on the PAFSO facebook page; while reading some of the comments to a recent PR statement, I saw one post about a class action lawsuit against the government of Canada and any parties/entities responsible for the damages inflicted on applicants. Shortly after, these comments were eliminated, which leads me to believe that perhaps there something to this idea and the fact that the comments were censored by the page administrator is suspicious to me.

The fact that we pay service fees should mean that the government of Canada should be accountable to us for any financial, emotional, professional damage retained on our part and perhaps a class action law suit is something that could be looked into depending on how long this strike keeps going. Maybe it could be used to demand that priority be placed equally on family class applications?