Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
costacro said:
Whats a PPR? And is that the last step of the app?
Passport Request.
and yeah, its the last thing, they ask for your passport so they can stamp your visa and send you the Confirmation of permanent residence, etc.

costacro

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Thanks. I figured it stood for something to do with the passport. Ok so does anyone have any experience with this ...... My husbands medical expires july. And ive sent everything in that they requested and we are under the understanding that they are nearing finalization. So i emailed them a few weeks back asking if he should redo his medical so that it doesnt expire and prolongs our process and they replied back saying dont do anything unless instructed to do so by our office? Its june 21 the medical is gonna expire in like 2 weeks. Im just confused cause its either theyre gonna finish everything by expiry which i highly doubt or they are prolonging it on purpose :s. any feedback would be great

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
costacro said:
Thanks. I figured it stood for something to do with the passport. Ok so does anyone have any experience with this ...... My husbands medical expires july. And ive sent everything in that they requested and we are under the understanding that they are nearing finalization. So i emailed them a few weeks back asking if he should redo his medical so that it doesnt expire and prolongs our process and they replied back saying dont do anything unless instructed to do so by our office? Its june 21 the medical is gonna expire in like 2 weeks. Im just confused cause its either theyre gonna finish everything by expiry which i highly doubt or they are prolonging it on purpose :s. any feedback would be great
They will either finalize and call to ask if your wife can land before the expiry, or they will request an internal medical extension. If they request an extension internally that takes about 2 weeks and they may not notify you, most people don't get notified that the medical is being extended.
But that's better than them asking you to redo it and pay even more money.
:)

Frida19

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2013
Doc's Request.
05-05-2013
AOR Received.
05-05-2013
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Request
ARC REQUEST 21-02-14 ARC SEND 26-02-14
Med's Done....
14-12-2012
Interview........
19-02-2014APPROVED
Passport Req..
26 -03-2014 PASSPORT SEND 26-03-14
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-14
LANDED..........
28-04-14
hey guys my MP send us an email telling us the embassy already send us an AOR but we did not recived , what can we do ??? im freaking out we miss it they send it on june5th 2013 :¨( plz help im like crying now !!

Frida19

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2013
Doc's Request.
05-05-2013
AOR Received.
05-05-2013
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
14-12-2012
Interview........
19-02-2014APPROVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-14
LANDED..........
28-04-14
they send us our AOR june 5th 2013 but we never recived it , what can we do ??? will this affect our application ? are they gonna cancel our application if we dont send everything on time ?? Im freaking out !!!!! :'(

costacro

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Breathe! Poor thing dont stress out. With your AOR you have 120 days to send requested documents. Email mexico and let them know that your mpsaid they sent it but you never received it. And type them your email address again. They can have it wrong. Dont panic!

Frida19

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2013
Doc's Request.
05-05-2013
AOR Received.
05-05-2013
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
14-12-2012
Interview........
19-02-2014APPROVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-14
LANDED..........
28-04-14
costacro said:
Breathe! Poor thing dont stress out. With your AOR you have 120 days to send requested documents. Email mexico and let them know that your mpsaid they sent it but you never received it. And type them your email address again. They can have it wrong. Dont panic!
I just email them and my MP about the fact that we didnt recived the email so hopefully they contact us on monday and today Im sending my AOR !

gamyover

Apr 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
Doc's Request.
8-11-2013
AOR Received.
10-08-2013 CPC-M, 8-11-2013 Mexico VO
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Med's Done....
19-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
16-04-2014
I'll think you'll be fine, I least you had news and something is happening with your app.

:D

Frida19

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2013
Doc's Request.
05-05-2013
AOR Received.
05-05-2013
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
14-12-2012
Interview........
19-02-2014APPROVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-14
LANDED..........
28-04-14
gamyover said:
I'll think you'll be fine, I least you had news and something is happening with your app.

:D
Thankz :) yes I send the embassy an email telling them I didnt recived the AOR and my husband send his MP an email too to let him know we didnt recived the email so that they can resend it , and yesterday I send the waybill so that they can send me the letter to get the non criminal record ! I was freaking out but I asked leisa about she is so much help ! :)

guanada

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
30-10-2013
AOR Received.
SA: 15-05-2013 VO: 29-10-2013
Med's Done....
16-04-2013; 14-04-2014
Passport Req..
16-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
May hopefully!
If anyone is frustrated with the strike and feels like venting, maybe they should direct their concerns toward the minister of immigration.

This is from the PAFSO facebook page:
"We would like nothing more than to settle this and get back to normal, but the employer is refusing to negotiate with us. You can help to encourage the Government of Canada to return to the bargaining table by sending your concerns to the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, Jason Kenney. He can be contacted at Jason.kenney@parl.gc.ca or you can find him on Twitter at @kenneyjason."

maiet

May 31, 2013
Hi Leisa
I am new here, I read about you and your husband. Could you tell me from where your husband received translation for the documents? Do you have a name for me and the cost?
Im from Veracruz, Mexico and my husband is from Calgary. We are starting the process now.
Thanks.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
maiet said:
Hi Leisa
I am new here, I read about you and your husband. Could you tell me from where your husband received translation for the documents? Do you have a name for me and the cost?
Im from Veracruz, Mexico and my husband is from Calgary. We are starting the process now.
Thanks.
Hi,
We were living in Vancouver when we prepared our application so we got it done at a certified translator in the area.
Im not sure where to get it done in Mexico, someone else might be able to help with that.

But if your husband wants to do it in Calgary here is a link to a translator there
http://www.immigrantservicescalgary.ca/how-can-we-help/translation

P.S we are living in central alberta as well. I hope your husband wasn't effected by the flooding in Calgary :(

SarahTeresa

Jun 23, 2013
I am just wondering if anyone has ever experienced a problem similar to the one that we are going through at the moment. I am sponsoring my common-law partner and our application was made within Canada. We went through some family emergencies this year: his father and uncle passed away within days of each other and we had no other option but to return to Mexico. To make matters worse I need to be close to my family because my grandfather passed away while we were completing the paperwork for his application. My grandmother is ill and needs support. Leaving Canada to live in Mexico is causing me some anxiety, although if it comes to that point I can't imagine being away from my partner for another year, so the move may have to happen while we attempt another application.

The issue here is that his visas had expired and he had overstayed his study permit, and our permanent residency application was to fix this. He has received an open-work permit we are literally in the final stages of our permanent residency application: his medical and police reports have all been submitted. But we have been refused two times by the Mexican embassy when we applied for him under a temporary resident visa under a visitors visa and a workers visa. 9 months have passed and we are worried that we will loose all the time that has gone by and have to withdraw and re-submit under the outside of Canada category. i have consulted with a lawyer since the beginning of this process (CL declarations, etc) and he has assured me there was no reason for the Mexican Embassy to refused his last application under the working category, but when you have a permanent residency application already in process they make it impossible for you to re-enter.

I feel like knocking on CIC's door and begging at this point.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
SarahTeresa said:
I am just wondering if anyone has ever experienced a problem similar to the one that we are going through at the moment. I am sponsoring my common-law partner and our application was made within Canada. We went through some family emergencies this year: his father and uncle passed away within days of each other and we had no other option but to return to Mexico. To make matters worse I need to be close to my family because my grandfather passed away while we were completing the paperwork for his application. My grandmother is ill and needs support. Leaving Canada to live in Mexico is causing me some anxiety, although if it comes to that point I can't imagine being away from my partner for another year, so the move may have to happen while we attempt another application.

The issue here is that his visas had expired and he had overstayed his study permit, and our permanent residency application was to fix this. He has received an open-work permit we are literally in the final stages of our permanent residency application: his medical and police reports have all been submitted. But we have been refused two times by the Mexican embassy when we applied for him under a temporary resident visa under a visitors visa and a workers visa. 9 months have passed and we are worried that we will loose all the time that has gone by and have to withdraw and re-submit under the outside of Canada category. i have consulted with a lawyer since the beginning of this process (CL declarations, etc) and he has assured me there was no reason for the Mexican Embassy to refused his last application under the working category, but when you have a permanent residency application already in process they make it impossible for you to re-enter.

I feel like knocking on CIC's door and begging at this point.
That's true they do make it impossible to re-enter.
Although did your lawyer confirm that your husband was allowed to leave Canada during your inland application.
I was under the understanding that if you leave Canada during an inland application the chances of it getting refused are very high, since inland means you must stay inside Canada until PR is issued.

did your lawyer say anything about this being okay for you both to leave Canada since it was for a family emergency?

If he/she said yes its okay, than that's good! and it sounds like you are getting very close to the end.

Ive never seen anyone go through this problem before, so im not really sure what advice to give, but you can only hope they approve it since it IS so close to the end and this was for a family emergency.

how long ago did you apply?

SarahTeresa

Jun 23, 2013
Our application was received in October 2012. I'm not sure how to answer the questions you were asking, there was not much time to confirm with CIC if he was allowed to leave, it was advised that he should not by the immigration hotline. But it was impossible to wait funerals are within 24 hours. The lawyer has told me that because of the reasons he had to leave that the chances of them making an exception for the case are high, because it was for a humanitarian/compassion reason.

I am just so nervous that because he has HAD to be there, family affairs and legal reasons were extremely relevant to this case in closing his fathers affairs. Even though we have tried everything possible within the system to have him come home to complete the final stages I'm so afraid they will stick it to us and say "according to the book too bad for you, try again CIC doesn't believe in humanitarianism or compassion or there is not enough of a reason for us to apply it to your case he should never have left Canada, goodbye."