Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
16-12-2012
File Transfer...
19-09-2012
Thanks all. It is comforting to know that the Schedule A request isn't uncommon! Of course I was over analyzing things yesterday, thinking that this request meant that they haven't even started any background checks or anything. But I see that some of you had this request near the end of the process... so... I guess I will stop trying to analyze everything and just wait patiently :)

Diamondude357

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Alberta
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-07-2012
Doc's Request.
21-11-2012
AOR Received.
21-11-2012
File Transfer...
29-09-2012
Med's Done....
06-06-2012
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
LANDED..........
06-02-2013
We had to do the same update for my wife (10 year history back to 18 years old). $85 to return via DHL and adding more time to the whole process. Not impressed! Glad this whole frustrating process should be over soon.

WantToBeInCanada

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
29-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-04-2012
Passport Req..
17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
Diamondude357 said:
We had to do the same update for my wife (10 year history back to 18 years old). $85 to return via DHL and adding more time to the whole process. Not impressed! Glad this whole frustrating process should be over soon.
I paid $60 for the return via UPS and here i was thinking that i paid way a lot $ for it

muchacha

Star Member
Jan 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala.. now Mexico?
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
16-12-2012
File Transfer...
19-09-2012
Diamondude357 said:
Same! So annoying - we just paid $70 to send the ONE form to Mexico, just to say that yep, he was doing the same job not only for the past 10 years but also for the past 13 years.

I still don't understand why we can't just email them the info?! Such a waste of not only money but also fuel/resources to send pieces of paper all over the world. I was tempted to just throw in his passport into the same envelope, ha.

Dazz13

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-10-2012
AOR Received.
5-10-2012
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Done....
8-11-2012
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 1st, 2013
LANDED..........
April 17, 2013
We started processing _________________application on January 15, 2013.

during the first portion (sponsorship) I received the same message and then within 5 days it was approved...I'm trying to find if there is any correlation with the two? as I have mentioned a few times, we submitted the police reports on December 27th...and then last week got this message about them starting to process...I guess I'm asking someone...anyone...not just the generic andser but specifically how long after they got this message did they hear from the Embassy again?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dazz13 said:
We started processing _________________application on January 15, 2013.

during the first portion (sponsorship) I received the same message and then within 5 days it was approved...I'm trying to find if there is any correlation with the two? as I have mentioned a few times, we submitted the police reports on December 27th...and then last week got this message about them starting to process...I guess I'm asking someone...anyone...not just the generic andser but specifically how long after they got this message did they hear from the Embassy again?
Unlike step 1 where they often 'start processing' on the same day that they send out the CoPR, for the second step there is no such correlation, unfortunately. It means someone reviewed your file and updated the 'flag' but things like Police Certificate requests are much better indicators of progress ;)

Dazz13

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-10-2012
AOR Received.
5-10-2012
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Done....
8-11-2012
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 1st, 2013
LANDED..........
April 17, 2013
OhCanadiana said:
Unlike step 1 where they often 'start processing' on the same day that they send out the CoPR, for the second step there is no such correlation, unfortunately. It means someone reviewed your file and updated the 'flag' but things like Police Certificate requests are much better indicators of progress ;)
hahahaha...I'm guessing you must think I'm a pest...asking the same question like a little kid! I'm just looking for some real life examples...the last few I saw...people received their PPR approximately 4 weeks after the sent in the police reports, but then the other day some people said it had been 2 months since they sent in the police reports. what I didnt ask is did everything else go smoothly...and then they were halted atfter the police reports or were there hiccups all along and that was just one more?

in our case everything has been pretty good, so I was hoping to hear others experiences!

OhCanadiana...you are soo kind and helpful...thanks for always responding to my questions...I hope I'm not driving you crazy cause right now...i feel I'm going crazy!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dazz13 said:
hahahaha...I'm guessing you must think I'm a pest...asking the same question like a little kid! I'm just looking for some real life examples...the last few I saw...people received their PPR approximately 4 weeks after the sent in the police reports, but then the other day some people said it had been 2 months since they sent in the police reports. what I didnt ask is did everything else go smoothly...and then they were halted atfter the police reports or were there hiccups all along and that was just one more?

in our case everything has been pretty good, so I was hoping to hear others experiences!

OhCanadiana...you are soo kind and helpful...thanks for always responding to my questions...I hope I'm not driving you crazy cause right now...i feel I'm going crazy!
From what I've seen, I think that you'll find that, for Mexico, in process to PPR timing is not consistent in terms of x weeks or so.

The reason I mention the Police Certificate to PPR timing is that I've noticed that year after year there seems to be 'batches' where everyone who has received a PGR request over a few months gets the PPR over a couple weeks. The exception are the cases where they ask for additional proof of relationship or where some added twist kicks the applications out of the 'batch processing' into their own timing so that the other elements can be addressed.

It will be interesting to see what the actual statistics indicate if you collect them. trackit used to have them, I don't know if they still do.

Don't worry about asking any question - it's normal to try to dissect it in order to better predict. When you get frustrated, redirect some of the energy into lists of places to see, things to do when she arrives and into prepping your home (does she have closet and drawer space already?) ;) Or, ensure she does her B4, gets driver's license history, etc so you don't have anything left to do when she does get the PPR.

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We got our email from Citizenship and Immigration today saying I'm approved as a sponsor!!! =D =D =D =D so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After only 22 days too... feeling so lucky!!

BTW, the letter says our application has been sent to the visa office in Mexico.. at what point should we send them a prepaid waybill?

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Congrats bttmntl! Even though Step 2 is longer, you are SO MUCH closer now. Yay!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bttmntl said:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We got our email from Citizenship and Immigration today saying I'm approved as a sponsor!!! =D =D =D =D so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After only 22 days too... feeling so lucky!!

BTW, the letter says our application has been sent to the visa office in Mexico.. at what point should we send them a prepaid waybill?
Congratulations! I am sooooo happy for you :)

I would send them a prepaid waybill soon so it's in your record when they review it (advise them it is for the PGR request letter). Consider paying for it online (or signing up for an account with a courier) and sending it as a case specific enquiry attachment to save yourself the shipping. ;)

May step 2 be just as smooth!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bttmntl said:
I haven't actually made it that far yet. We got the SSP and sent it along with our application within a month. It just seems like some people have been sending both the SSP and the PGR to the Embassy and I wonder why?
They didn't start requiring the SSP until mid-2012ish so people who had applied before then didn't submit the SSP with their application. Therefore, the Embassy requests it in step 2 along with the PGR.

Eduram

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
05-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Request
09-10-2012
Med's Done....
11-10-2011 Med´s Redone: 10-29-2012
Interview........
29-01-2013
Passport Req..
29-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
bttmntl said:

This is awesome! Congratulations!

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
Thanks canadiangirl, OhCanadian and Eduram for the cheer! =D

OhCanadiana... I will send the waybill for the PGR letter. Is it just the waybill in an evelope with a cover letter explaining why it was sent? (Including our names and the ID, obviously.)

If the Embassy needs to request something else, do they do this by email or regular mail? Regular mail in Mexico scares me... seems very unreliable for something so sensitive!

BTW, thanks for the info on the SSP. That really puts my mind at ease.