Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
All of the adjustment sounds tough!

My partner lived here for a few years until last winter.. he really wants to come back so I'm not expecting as much of an adjustment.

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
April 26, 2012, ARC Request on August 31, 2012
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
September 07, 2009 (Original) April 30, 2012 (After appeal allowed)
Interview........
March 23, 2010 DENIED, Filed appeal September 2010
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
Oh I understand. We were very anxious for the card. Hopefully you get it ahead of schedule.

Sounds like you are getting settled in. My husband and I are planning on doing a quick trip to Montreal. Hotels are expensive though!

I bet seeing old friends and teachers was really nice. I know returning to Canada has been amazing for me. Lots of childhood memories and connecting with longtime friends.

Our landing was rough because my husband is now banned from the US, where his family is. And only one of his brothers can leave the US because he is a citizen now. So leaving his mother, two brothers, nieces/nephews etc was quite traumatic. Leaving his job, his friends, where he grew up. It was rougher than I expected. Then he decided to do a career change which I am happy about but it takes time because you cannot get hired without experience. We expected him to get a good full time job fairly easily but now he has to start from the bottom. That is hard on him but he'll be a great (CGA) accountant one day.
We went to Montreal for a week and stayed at a furnished studio a block away from a Metro station, it was a lot cheaper than a hotel. If you need the details just let me know and I'll send you the info!

Yeah I bet it must be really hard for him, but he'll get used to it eventually. It's one of the many phases an immigrant goes through, first it's the excitement of a new country, then comes getting homesick and missing your family, then the comparisons between both countries. It's commonly said that it takes about a year or two before being fully comfortable in Canada. He'll make it, just give him your support and let him know frequently that he's not alone :)

Americana In T.O.

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/12/2011
AOR Received.
10/04/2012
File Transfer...
30/01/2012
Med's Done....
01/10/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
21/08/2012
LANDED..........
24/08/2012 YAY!!!
Sylvana said:
Hey, you will see you'll get it, remember, great things always take longer to get ;)
That is very true. Thank you for the encouragement Sylvana; that means a lot. :)

WantToBeInCanada

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
29-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-04-2012
Passport Req..
17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
Thank you guys for the answers, it took me a while to reply since i didnt have internet :p
I really appreciate it :)

WantToBeInCanada

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
29-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-04-2012
Passport Req..
17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
By the way i have another question!
Does any of u know if its possible to make the taxes in canada while not being in canada
And how does that work out?
Because my wife and i are planning to stay together here in el salvador till i get my ppr (Hopefully soon)
But in the case that it takes longer than expected she will need to make her taxes in canada
So thats basically the question, can she make her taxes in canada while being in el salvador?

josedavid

Sep 16, 2012
Hi guys... if an interview is needed... is it requested by the VO before asking for the policice certificates, or after? ::) thanks

meeshy

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-10-2012 (PGR and SSP) 5-02-2013
AOR Received.
12-10-2012
File Transfer...
26-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
josedavid said:
Hi guys... if an interview is needed... is it requested by the VO before asking for the policice certificates, or after? ::) thanks
They can request an interview at anytime. But usually before but in my case they asked for more proof of common law relationship therefore if they are not satisfied with the extra proof they can still ask for an interview.

Oscar27

Mar 15, 2011
Mexico City
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Hey guys, quick question,

My wife and I sent the sponsorship applications nov 7th. We forgot to add a couple of phone bills as proof of relationship. My wife is spending holidays right now with her family in MontreaL (she lives in Mexico with me). Now, we haven't recieved AOR yet, but is it possible to send extra proof if we don't have like a case file # ?? Meaning, if we send it, it would be to Mississauga, right? the same adress and everything?

Thanks in advance!

meeshy

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-10-2012 (PGR and SSP) 5-02-2013
AOR Received.
12-10-2012
File Transfer...
26-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
Oscar27 said:
Hey guys, quick question,

My wife and I sent the sponsorship applications nov 7th. We forgot to add a couple of phone bills as proof of relationship. My wife is spending holidays right now with her family in MontreaL (she lives in Mexico with me). Now, we haven't recieved AOR yet, but is it possible to send extra proof if we don't have like a case file # ?? Meaning, if we send it, it would be to Mississauga, right? the same adress and everything?

Thanks in advance!
Better to not send in anything if there is no file number to match it up with. You will get a file number once you get your AOR but it may be best to wait till it gets sent to Mexico City and when they ask for the police certificate you can send it in then because it is in mexico city that they will be looking at the proof of relationship.

Manere

Dec 5, 2012
Quebec
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/03/2015
Doc's Request.
4/11/2015
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
File Transfer...
4/05/2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2014
Hi guys,

I been Reading to check if I can find some help about mi situation, and for all the post i found yours are good since you know about the topic.

Im Mexican, my boyfriend is Canadian form Montreal, we met in april 2010 in Czech Republic, we fell in love and since January 2011 he been living and working here in Mexico, that will make almost 2 years in Mexico, and we will make 2 years living together in February 2013. We got engaged the last September 14th. Now as you can see we want to go live in Canada but we are not married yet, we want to wait till we have more money, things and a place to live, but we are expecting leave Mexico next year, however, We are thinking to apply to sponsorship but we think the process won’t be easy and will be long. Any advice that you can give me to we can do it well and don’t get refused???
We have done some forms of the application, but still missing a lot of things.

Do you think it will work the sponsorship??
Or as another people says We need to get married??

We already have enough proves about a true relation.

Thanks a lot.

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
Manere said:
Hi guys,

I been Reading to check if I can find some help about mi situation, and for all the post i found yours are good since you know about the topic.

Im Mexican, my boyfriend is Canadian form Montreal, we met in april 2010 in Czech Republic, we fell in love and since January 2011 he been living and working here in Mexico, that will make almost 2 years in Mexico, and we will make 2 years living together in February 2013. We got engaged the last September 14th. Now as you can see we want to go live in Canada but we are not married yet, we want to wait till we have more money, things and a place to live, but we are expecting leave Mexico next year, however, We are thinking to apply to sponsorship but we think the process won't be easy and will be long. Any advice that you can give me to we can do it well and don't get refused???
We have done some forms of the application, but still missing a lot of things.

Do you think it will work the sponsorship??
Or as another people says We need to get married??

We already have enough proves about a true relation.

Thanks a lot.
My partner and I are married and are going to submit our application after months of preparation... it does seem like a lot of work. We wasted a lot of time with an Immigration lawyer and things have sped up a lot since we parted ways...

You are in a common-law relationship which is legitimate for the Family Class sponsorship but I think you may need to include a more evidence than a married couple. Reading as much as you can on this forum should help but it's no substitute for reading everything you can on the Citizenship and Immigration web site.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

When you get to the page with all the forms and guides.. read them all!!! It will really put your mind at ease to have that information. You will probably have questions after that... but that's normal. =)

Manere

Dec 5, 2012
Quebec
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/03/2015
Doc's Request.
4/11/2015
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
File Transfer...
4/05/2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2014
bttmntl said:
My partner and I are married and are going to submit our application after months of preparation... it does seem like a lot of work. We wasted a lot of time with an Immigration lawyer and things have sped up a lot since we parted ways...

You are in a common-law relationship which is legitimate for the Family Class sponsorship but I think you may need to include a more evidence than a married couple. Reading as much as you can on this forum should help but it's no substitute for reading everything you can on the Citizenship and Immigration web site.

When you get to the page with all the forms and guides.. read them all!!! It will really put your mind at ease to have that information. You will probably have questions after that... but that's normal. =)
Thanks very much, i will read as much as i can. :)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bttmntl said:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

Excellent advice! +1 for you bttmntl and a ;D that you are helping others now too.

Manere - welcome to the forum. To add some thoughts specific to common-law partnerships, take a look at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/any-advice-from-people-who-have-done-this-journey-before-t112120.0.html where I gave some hints to someone who was starting the common-law process on how to start the application and on the type of proof CIC will be looking for to help structure your application. Also, as you go through the questions, remember that CIC is interested in assessing the relationship you have established, not the one you will have in the future so they are more interested in the details of the common-law relationship you have established to date than in your engagement/wedding plans.

Good luck!

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
WantToBeInCanada said:
By the way i have another question!
Does any of u know if its possible to make the taxes in canada while not being in canada
And how does that work out?
Because my wife and i are planning to stay together here in el salvador till i get my ppr (Hopefully soon)
But in the case that it takes longer than expected she will need to make her taxes in canada
So thats basically the question, can she make her taxes in canada while being in el salvador?
She can do her taxes online... However, if she isn't actually a resident of Canada as of December.31st and is living abroad.. I would recommend that you fill out an NR73 form through Canada Revenue Agency. After sending that in, CRA will determine if she is considered a resident of Canada for tax purposes or if she should be doing taxes in El Salvador. I would definitely do this to avoid any future problems. I've been living in Mexico for 2 years and filled out one just recently and it came back that i was still a resident for tax purposes and all ended up well. :)

The link is: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/nr73/README.html

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
josedavid said:
They asked for ours after the police certificate check request.
Goodluck!