Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
OhCanadiana said:
Yay!!!!! Hooray!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!

I'm glad to hear that things are progressing so well.
Thank you. :) It's been a roller coaster for sure.

Americana In T.O.

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/12/2011
AOR Received.
10/04/2012
File Transfer...
30/01/2012
Med's Done....
01/10/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
21/08/2012
LANDED..........
24/08/2012 YAY!!!
edgarsitow said:
Hello everybody!

I got a question for those who have landed and have been in Canada for a few months already.

When did your eCas change from "Decision Made" to "Complete"?
Was it after you got the PR card, or before?

I'm asking because I've been in Canada for a month already and my eCas still says "Decision made" and there's no other info regarding my PR card or anything like that. Any clue what's going on? Based on the current timeline, I should be getting my PR Card in the second week of January.

Thanks! :)
It took my husband about 11 - 12 weeks to get his PR card in the mail. It was only supposed to take 8 weeks according to the agent at the border. We didn't stress out about it because we had already landed, and like someone else said, we didn't really need it because we weren't planning on leaving the country this year.

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
Hey All,

Its been a while since I posted so I thought I would give an update. My spouse has now been a PR for one month! We have made so much progress. Being a PR is entirely different then being in Canada on a visitor visa, the possibilities are endless. In Early 2013 he will be entering college to begin his training for a jouneyman apprenticeship :)

We are very happy. Goodluck to everyone still going through the process, it is so worth it!

Cheers! :)

Americana In T.O.

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/12/2011
AOR Received.
10/04/2012
File Transfer...
30/01/2012
Med's Done....
01/10/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
21/08/2012
LANDED..........
24/08/2012 YAY!!!
canadiangirl78 said:
My husband just got his second part time job. ;D After being undocumented in the US and being extremely limited in his options, this is really amazing for us. This second job is seasonal and the first is not a lot of hours but a month ago, it seemed like he was getting nowhere. Thank you Canada!
Congrats to you and your husband Canadiangilr78! The interesting thing with us, is that my husband found a job (4 days after landing in Canada) in a unionized environment with company benefits. And I, on the other hand, have been having trouble finding stable employment. Considering English is my native language and my husband is just starting to learn English, we thought the situation would have been the other way around. It has definitely been a roller coaster for us as well. With that said, our prospects are still better for us as a couple living in Canada than in the U.S. My husband feels like he is part of society now and no longer has to live in fear of "La Migra". As far as my job situation, I know that with perseverance, I will find a good job!

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
Valeco said:
Hello,today my father he got me the SSP police certificate and is just one simple page with a stamp and signatures ,I wondering if that's it ? That's what CIC Canada wants?

Thank you
Does anyone have the answer to this?

We got our "SSP certificate" but it has writing on it. Basically says they did a search and found no irrevocable sentences... there is a stamp and signature on it.

Is this what everyone else had?

TSauretBaxter

Jun 6, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 29-03-2012
Doc's Request.
PGR Aug 17-12
AOR Received.
Sponsorship Approved July 3-12/ Mexico AOR Aug 17/12
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Sept 12-12
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19-12
LANDED..........
Sept 21-12
Americana and Canadian Girl, I'm glad you're talking about adjusting to life in Canada. You send so much time with your eye on the prize (the PR), but you don't realize its not a walk in the park after that. It's a huge adjustment. One or both of you is starting a brand new life, and leaving their life behind. It's been three months tomorrow for my husband since he landed. He's on his third job, and is just now feeling settled in and getting comfortable speaking English every day. He's still home sick at times and his family still cries almost every time they talk to him. I know things will continue to get better though. :)

Eduram

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
05-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Request
09-10-2012
Med's Done....
11-10-2011 Med´s Redone: 10-29-2012
Interview........
29-01-2013
Passport Req..
29-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
bttmntl said:

We got our "SSP certificate" but it has writing on it. Basically says they did a search and found no irrevocable sentences... there is a stamp and signature on it.

yes, this is what they give everyone.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
mc1234 said:
Hey All,

Its been a while since I posted so I thought I would give an update. My spouse has now been a PR for one month! We have made so much progress. Being a PR is entirely different then being in Canada on a visitor visa, the possibilities are endless. In Early 2013 he will be entering college to begin his training for a jouneyman apprenticeship :)

We are very happy. Goodluck to everyone still going through the process, it is so worth it!

Cheers! :)
We were so excited when we hit one month! Now we are headed toward 5 months in Canada and things are so different. Every stage is exciting though. I don't know what a jouneyman is but I think that is great. =) Good for him. I am glad you are so happy.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Americana In T.O. said:
Congrats to you and your husband Canadiangilr78! The interesting thing with us, is that my husband found a job (4 days after landing in Canada) in a unionized environment with company benefits. And I, on the other hand, have been having trouble finding stable employment. Considering English is my native language and my husband is just starting to learn English, we thought the situation would have been the other way around. It has definitely been a roller coaster for us as well. With that said, our prospects are still better for us as a couple living in Canada than in the U.S. My husband feels like he is part of society now and no longer has to live in fear of "La Migra". As far as my job situation, I know that with perseverance, I will find a good job!
Thank you. Finding a job in 4 days is amazing! And benefits too! Sorry you are having trouble but it will happen. Luckily, I work online and my income has been lifesaving. I stay home with our toddler but started this online work about a year ago. So it has taken some pressure off my husband. We are also still with my parents - they have a finished basement so we do have some privacy and it has been a great bonding experience for my parents and my daughter.

My husband had it very good in the US despite being undocumented. He graduated from University and had a good paying job at his best friend's company. For a long time he had an Oregon license which allowed us to travel to Hawaii several times. But there was always that fear. Getting pulled over - being ticketed for an out of state license, having the car taken away - very expensive. We weren't too worried about deportation but I always knew he was not being paid legitimately. That he couldn't apply for other good jobs. We couldn't buy a home. We really had no future although life was pretty good in the moment. Now the possibilities are endless and I don't have to stress anymore about his status and I feel that our future is so bright.

Keep us updated on your job search. Northern Lights has been great for employment support. My husband's resume looks awesome now! Indeed.com is a great website for job searching. Anyway good luck!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
TSauretBaxter said:
Americana and Canadian Girl, I'm glad you're talking about adjusting to life in Canada. You send so much time with your eye on the prize (the PR), but you don't realize its not a walk in the park after that. It's a huge adjustment. One or both of you is starting a brand new life, and leaving their life behind. It's been three months tomorrow for my husband since he landed. He's on his third job, and is just now feeling settled in and getting comfortable speaking English every day. He's still home sick at times and his family still cries almost every time they talk to him. I know things will continue to get better though. :)
It is definitely a huge adjustment. It really strained our relationship at times because we were both so stressed out. I really did picture our life in Canada to be a lot easier and smoother. But I really cannot complain. Things are looking up.

I am glad your husband is feeling settled in. My husband too! And the winter isn't even that bad so far.

Sylvana

Oct 9, 2012
Dazz13 said:
so today my wife received thr PGR...tomorrow she is on her way to Mexico City to finish of the other police report and she will drop all the documents off at the Embassy....does anyone have any idea what the next step will be and approximately how long it may take? She did verify the Embassy will be open tomorrow...
I dont know unfortunately how long after you drop your police clearances will take till you hear from them, (I sent mine 2 weeks ago and still nothing ...) but, I know that from SSP that is over Calzada de Tlalpan to the Canadian embassy on public transportation it will take around 1 hour.

Well hopefully don't take so long till we get our passport request, be patient! saludos=)!!

Sylvana

Oct 9, 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
My husband just got his second part time job. ;D After being undocumented in the US and being extremely limited in his options, this is really amazing for us. This second job is seasonal and the first is not a lot of hours but a month ago, it seemed like he was getting nowhere. Thank you Canada!
That's SoO cool, and it's cooler that you r thankful for what you guys are having, Life gives lots of chances after all ;), enjoy it!!!

Sylvana

Oct 9, 2012
Americana In T.O. said:
Hey, you will see you'll get it, remember, great things always take longer to get ;)

Sylvana

Oct 9, 2012
bttmntl said:

YES THAT SHEET IS EXACTLY WHAT U NEED, so no worries!!!;) success!!!

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
Adjusting to life in Canada and leaving behind your old one is really hard. In our case, we were really happy in Mexico, so it was hard to give it all up and come to Canada where we would have to start from the bottom again. Heck, it took me maybe 10 months to readjust to here! Its a process, but things get better. Things have been a lot better for us since my spouse has become a PR, I guess seeing all the opportunities before, but not being able to take advantage of them was a lot harder then we thought it would be.

A Journeyman Apprenticeship is an trade where you can get a red seal in (an exam where your then certified all over Canada) :) Trades in Canada are in high demand and my hubby loves doing hands-on work so this is perfect for him.