Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
mc1234 said:
Good news on our end, our DHL package is on its way back to my hubby.. Embassy sent it off last night! So we should get it Monday (hopefully) morning! Also a change in our e-cas, before it only had our address, and now it has two present addresses .. In our case, my spouses old address is his new one (since he was in Canada with me when we applied), but now they put his city on the right side and his full present address on the right! :D

So incase anyone was wondering, we sent my spouses passport on Nov 13th and it got sent back out to us Nov 16th! Very fast turn around time.
Super fast - cool! Congrats. =)

Sylvana

Oct 9, 2012
meeshy said:
The request for the PGR is a formal letter sent by the embassy to your mailing address. Seperate to the request for the ssp and PGR that is usually sent by email. It says on the letter that if not received by 30 days of the request letter to sent a pre paid way bill to the embassy to recieve this letter. We got our request Oct 12 and had not recieved the letter by Nov 1st so we sent the pre paid way bill because it takes about 10days for them to recieve it and send it back. We now have the letter because of the pre paidway bill we sent and still no sign of the one they sent on there own and its now the 16th!
thank you very much 4 ur answer, the next day I posted this query, I got a mail from my advisor requesting me to drop a prepaid airway bill to the embassy (that's what Iam gonna do this Monday fist thing in the morning) OMG I'm so excited just for that, like, that's the only reason I came down to Mexico since I was residing in Canada, anyways, if you guys could give me and updated link of the spreadsheet would be awesome, thank you guys and I hope everything goes smoothly for everybody because we deserve to get our P.R ;)!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sylvana said:
thank you very much 4 ur answer, the next day I posted this query, I got a mail from my advisor requesting me to drop a prepaid airway bill to the embassy (that's what Iam gonna do this Monday fist thing in the morning) OMG I'm so excited just for that, like, that's the only reason I came down to Mexico since I was residing in Canada, anyways, if you guys could give me and updated link of the spreadsheet would be awesome, thank you guys and I hope everything goes smoothly for everybody because we deserve to get our P.R ;)!
If you are residing in Canada, I have an easier solution for you: send the documents listed at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/outside-mexico.asp to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico. They will process the PGR police certificates for you (I think you got the SSP already, if not, you need to e-mail them first to explain your situation as they recently started processing them in exceptional circumstances).

In fact, if you are still in Mexico City, you can drop off the documents for the PGR and save yourself the shipping :) Just be very clear in the cover letter that you live abroad.

lindsandluis

Nov 14, 2012
Hi,
Just a quick Q!, the marriage certificate, birth certificate and police certificates (once request letter received) must be translated from Spanish to English. Can these all be translated at the Embassy? Is there a Certified Translator there?

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
April 26, 2012, ARC Request on August 31, 2012
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
September 07, 2009 (Original) April 30, 2012 (After appeal allowed)
Interview........
March 23, 2010 DENIED, Filed appeal September 2010
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
Hey guys!

Just dropping by to let you all know that my landing was a success! :)

Everyone was friendly (if a bit indifferent lol) The CBSA agent didn't ask for pretty much anything at all. All he said was "Hi" and after typing some stuff he just said "Is this your address in Canada?" And that was it, he sent me off to get some information brochures and another lady checked my cat, she was also nice and was complimenting me on Mr. Peaches' good looks (as usual ;) he's a casanova) then I just paid the fee and that was it. They didn't even go through my luggage, they didn't check my B4, they didn't ask for a damn thing (which is good)

Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go get myself a double-double. :)

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
edgarsitow said:
Hey guys!

Everyone was friendly (if a bit indifferent lol) The CBSA agent didn't ask for pretty much anything at all. All he said was "Hi" and after typing some stuff he just said "Is this your address in Canada?" And that was it, he sent me off to get some information brochures and another lady checked my cat, she was also nice and was complimenting me on Mr. Peaches' good looks (as usual ;) he's a casanova) then I just paid the fee and that was it. They didn't even go through my luggage, they didn't check my B4, they didn't ask for a damn thing (which is good)

Welocme to Canada. Its been a long road for you. My member of Parliament has told me my partner in Mexico will be processed in February 2013
that will bring it to 4 years since we first filed to bring my partner here. Compassion went out the window a long time ago in Canada.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
edgarsitow said:
Hey guys!

Congrats! I don't think they charged us for our cat. I'm glad it went smoothly. It's amazing you're in Canada now - I'm very happy for you and your wife. So what do you plan to do now?

Dazz13

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-10-2012
AOR Received.
5-10-2012
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Done....
8-11-2012
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 1st, 2013
LANDED..........
April 17, 2013
lindsandluis said:
just going through all the posts and reading about success stories is great! gives me hope as this is only the beginning for me
me too...i recently received a message the medical was received and nothing since then....uffff...i hope this doesn't take so long!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
edgarsitow said:
Hey guys!

Congratulations! You reached the end of your very long journey.

Now that you have the signed and stamped CoPR in your hand, enjoy the beginning of the rest of your lives :)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lindsandluis said:
Hi,
Just a quick Q!, the marriage certificate, birth certificate and police certificates (once request letter received) must be translated from Spanish to English. Can these all be translated at the Embassy? Is there a Certified Translator there?
The Embassy does not offer translation services.

The marriage and birth certificates should be translated either by a 'perito traductor' or by a translator who then certifies the translation with someone who can take oaths (the certification can be done at the Embassy)

Dazz13

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-10-2012
AOR Received.
5-10-2012
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Done....
8-11-2012
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 1st, 2013
LANDED..........
April 17, 2013
Dazz13 said:
I'm surprised at just how calm I was only a few days ago and to now realize that having these past 3 days without anyone viewing our case because of the weekend and holiday is getting to me! I also remember at the beginning I'd read these comments and just think to myself...ahhh I'll be fine...and now I soo badly want to be in the 20% group that somehow miraculously receive a notification for the PPR...I know I'm dreaming but its been 3.5 years living this way and although the end seems close...its still pretty far! Am I crazy or is it like this for others?
Well...I'm officially far from being calm...how long should I expect to wait for any type of other update? Its been more than 2 weeks since I've heard a thing and sice I got off to a pretty good start I was really hopeful....

how's everyone else doing?

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
11-26-12 - Common law declaration/PRG/SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa - 09-11-12 / DF 11-26-12
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
We are still waiting for AOR from the VO, transfered on the 11th according to the letter but the 17th according to CIC, so I guess its been officially 2 months now, no update on ecas, no medical received, no nothing.... Really hoping to get some news soon, this is getting super depressing now that all of you that I started this with are about to land, Sure wish luck was on our side, oh well, nothing to do but keep waiting !

Eduram

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
05-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Request
09-10-2012
Med's Done....
11-10-2011 Med´s Redone: 10-29-2012
Interview........
29-01-2013
Passport Req..
29-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
missmymexi said:
We are still waiting for AOR from the VO, transfered on the 11th according to the letter but the 17th according to CIC, so I guess its been officially 2 months now, no update on ecas, no medical received, no nothing.... Really hoping to get some news soon, this is getting super depressing now that all of you that I started this with are about to land, Sure wish luck was on our side, oh well, nothing to do but keep waiting !
have you sent an enquiry? I got the VO AOR after emailing them and I remember you and I had really close transfer dates...

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
11-26-12 - Common law declaration/PRG/SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa - 09-11-12 / DF 11-26-12
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
I am waiting until next Monday to send an enquiry, I had spoken to CIC to make sure my file had actually been transfered. They confirmed it was sent (6 days later than the letter indicated). CIC told me to wait to enquire again till the 26th, since I should hear something by then, till now nothing.... I dont want to pester them to much but sure would be nice to know that our file is actually being worked on and we are moving ahead.

My time lines have not been right, We had sent our package on the 17th of April, when the file finally got approved the received date was May 3rd, which is weeks away from when they actually received it (I have the signature and everything), now the same is happening with the file transfer, where the letters we are recieving and the actual dates differ. It seems no one else is having this issue so I am not sure, ce le vie ! Alll we can do it wait wait wait, the best christmas present we could get at this rate is an AOR !! I was hoping it would be PPR but at this point I think that is to much to ask for :)