Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
April 26, 2012, ARC Request on August 31, 2012
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
September 07, 2009 (Original) April 30, 2012 (After appeal allowed)
Interview........
March 23, 2010 DENIED, Filed appeal September 2010
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
Is anyone else having problems accessing eCas?

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
edgarsitow said:
Is anyone else having problems accessing eCas?
ECAS isnt working for me neither
server must be down or something

gricelanora

Star Member
Mar 4, 2012
congrats to everyone that has receive ppr...... i m glad that this is finally over for you guys......

this question is for anyone that can provide me an answer. can my husband redo his medical before ask for or does he have to wait. :-X

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
gricelanora said:
congrats to everyone that has receive ppr...... i m glad that this is finally over for you guys......

this question is for anyone that can provide me an answer. can my husband redo his medical before ask for or does he have to wait. :-X
No its best he waits untill the ask for it.
They might just request an extension for him
also alot of DMP's wont redo your medical for you unless they have a request from the embassy.
its best to wait untill they ask for it unfortunatly.

but we had to redo our medical and it didnt delay our process. so dont worry about that :)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gricelanora said:

Your husband CAN absolutely redo his medical exam and save time by doing so. The risk is that if it ends up taking the VO longer than 12-15 months to wrap-up after he redoes them, he may have to do them again. The advantage is that if he does them proactively, you can save at least a month in the process (just have them include his UCI in the application). It is currently taking the Ottawa RMO 2-3 weeks to process medical exams, and it takes Panel Physicians a week + to get all the results and mail them to Ottawa. They need to go through the mail room and get evaluated in the RMO. After that, they need to be linked up to your file which requires Mexico VO to query the system. So it takes a while. If you have updated medical results on file before they evaluate your case they won't need to put your processing on hold to request them and you won't have to go back in the queue for your case to be considered by a VO.

Regarding extensions, they can only be requested by the Officer processing your file if the rest of the file is complete and they are ready to approve your husband's visa within 15 months from the original medical exam. So, given that you went through an interview and then appeal, I suspect you are very close to passing the 15 month mark.

Has your husband submitted his PRG and SSP certificates yet? If not, when he goes to get them would be a great time to do his medical exams too.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
If you decide to redo them early, make sure you confirm the doctor will do them without the request, because many DMP's wont do it.
The doctor my spouse went to in Mexico city, said he would NOT do a redo without the request.

There are 3 doctors in Mexico city, So just make sure you confirm it before you travel all the way there
:)

gricelanora

Star Member
Mar 4, 2012
thanks lisap and canadiana,
for your responses......... i will make sure i find all the info before my husband goes to mexico city.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Let's stick to the facts.

Unlike applicants of other classes, spousal class applicants do not need a CIC request before conducting a medical exam. Thus, it is important to be clear with the physician that you are requesting a spousal class applicant's exam when making any appointment. Folks have reported having issues scheduling exams before submitting their applications but it always clears up once they clearly explain their application class to the person scheduling the exam for the physician's office. It is also important to ensure clarity so that the correct EDE form is used.

Note that there is no limitation to having multiple exams conducted. That's a fact per the DMP Handbook, not simply my opinion. The Panel Physician would just need to mention it to the RMO as part of the report if the other exam was recent:

Code:
"2.   Simultaneous or Duplicate IMEs

Occasionally, applicants may be seeking examination at two locations at the same time. In addition, DMPs may encounter applicants presenting for a second IME while the initial examination is still in process. If a DMP becomes aware that an applicant has recently been examined at another location or is currently undergoing another Canadian IME, the DMP must notify the responsible regional medical office."
Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/section-11.asp

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Great info, OhCanadiana!

M

mrandmrsromero

OhCanadiana said:

Unlike applicants of other classes, spousal class applicants do not need a CIC request before conducting a medical exam. Thus, it is important to be clear with the physician that you are requesting a spousal class applicant's exam when making any appointment. Folks have reported having issues scheduling exams before submitting their applications but it always clears up once they clearly explain their application class to the person scheduling the exam for the physician's office. It is also important to ensure clarity so that the correct EDE form is used.
Yes, this perfectly illustrates my husband's situation. When he initially called to make the re-med appointment, the receptionist told him he could not redo it without the proper request form. So we assumed it could not be done. I was still not convinced, and on the excellent advice of OhC, I pressed the issue with my husband and he called back, spoke directly with the doc and was very clear about the fact it was family class and he didn't want to wait for the request. The doc said no problem, he went in for the exam and it was matched up to our file without incident. It is a relief to know that the meds are clear whenever our case is up for final assessment.

Dazz13

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-10-2012
AOR Received.
5-10-2012
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Done....
8-11-2012
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 1st, 2013
LANDED..........
April 17, 2013
Hello All,

I was hoping to get some feedback...not sure if anyone here can help.

I am married to my Mexican wife from MTY...we submitted our Family Class Sponsorship on October 4th...on Novenber 1st I received an email that stated they received the application. On November 6th I received another email stating I have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor and that the Application for Permanent Residence has been forwarded to Mexico DF. By Wednesday November 11th I saw an update that the medical information has been received.

My question is...I have seen and read that this process takes approximately 12 months...does anyone know if its unusual that I have received some of this info so quickly...trust me I'm not complaining...I'm more hopeful that by some fluke it may not take 12 months...I was hoping for less...anyone know if this seems normal so far?

thanks!

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
OhCanadiana said:

Note that there is no limitation to having multiple exams conducted. That's a fact per the DMP Handbook, not simply my opinion. The Panel Physician would just need to mention it to the RMO as part of the report if the other exam was recent:

Code:
"2.   Simultaneous or Duplicate IMEs

Occasionally, applicants may be seeking examination at two locations at the same time. In addition, DMPs may encounter applicants presenting for a second IME while the initial examination is still in process. If a DMP becomes aware that an applicant has recently been examined at another location or is currently undergoing another Canadian IME, the DMP must notify the responsible regional medical office."
Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/section-11.asp
How is what Im saying not FACT.
FACT is we called the doctor to ask for a redo and told that the doctor wouldnt do it without a request.

which is in FACT what happened to us... so whether you find the correct info on cic... this is still a FACT of what happend with us.
thanks!

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
Dazz13 said:
Hello All,

I was hoping to get some feedback...not sure if anyone here can help.

I am married to my Mexican wife from MTY...we submitted our Family Class Sponsorship on October 4th...on Novenber 1st I received an email that stated they received the application. On November 6th I received another email stating I have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor and that the Application for Permanent Residence has been forwarded to Mexico DF. By Wednesday November 11th I saw an update that the medical information has been received.

My question is...I have seen and read that this process takes approximately 12 months...does anyone know if its unusual that I have received some of this info so quickly...trust me I'm not complaining...I'm more hopeful that by some fluke it may not take 12 months...I was hoping for less...anyone know if this seems normal so far?

thanks!
Most cases dont take 12 months.
Most cases take between 5-8 months.
So this is not unusual :)

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
LeisaP said:
How is what Im saying not FACT.
FACT is we called the doctor to ask for a redo and told that the doctor wouldnt do it without a request.

which is in FACT what happened to us... so whether you find the correct info on cic... this is still a FACT of what happend with us.
thanks!
Wow - you need to check your attitude. Your experience is not the same thing as a fact. It's actually the opposite because the information you relayed was incorrect whether you knew it or not. Immigration is serious stuff and ohcanadiana is here to help people and knows what most people don't. Through private messages, she has changed my husband's life and no one else could have done that - and she's helped most of us get our visas faster with less stress so show some respect.

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
Dumb question, but need clarification: Can my hubby land at any airport in Canada, it doesnt have to be a major one, it can be a smaller one too right? Thanks!