Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
April 26, 2012, ARC Request on August 31, 2012
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
September 07, 2009 (Original) April 30, 2012 (After appeal allowed)
Interview........
March 23, 2010 DENIED, Filed appeal September 2010
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
I have a question and I'd like to get an opinion. I told you all that I had a horrible week. Well part of it is that there's a major leak in my apartment that is forcing me to move out to the second floor at the end of the month (living in 4th floor currently), so basically I would just be changing my apartment number. Would you guys Update the address with CIC considering how far along I am with my process? I honestly don't think it would make a difference to just change the apartment number and have them delay the process while they do it or something.

What would you do?

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
I wouldn't update it. They probably won't update it in time or it might slow things down.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
I wouldn't update either. Its a very small change.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
edgarsitow said:
I have a question and I'd like to get an opinion. I told you all that I had a horrible week. Well part of it is that there's a major leak in my apartment that is forcing me to move out to the second floor at the end of the month (living in 4th floor currently), so basically I would just be changing my apartment number. Would you guys Update the address with CIC considering how far along I am with my process? I honestly don't think it would make a difference to just change the apartment number and have them delay the process while they do it or something.

What would you do?
I would make sure I can keep checking the mail for 4xx after I move :)

I don't know that it makes a big difference either way, but I would probably change the address (at the least, it would help me sleep a bit better :)) Send them a case specific enquiry with the new address and call it a day. Maybe even use the opportunity to ask how much longer they think it will be post-FBI to know how much to 'settle-in.'

And, use the move as an opportunity to clean out what's going/what's staying and filling out that B4 ;)

ETA: I see I was outvoted while I was typing. FWIW, I still think you should send off the change, Edgar. I don't see how it can delay anything since you are waiting for the FBI anyway and it's the right thing to do after all, strictly speaking.

Kazza

Feb 13, 2012
Mexico City
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
OhCanadiana said:
Congratulations on your wedding :)

1. For your birth certificate, it is best if you send them a 'copia certificada,' often referred to as 'originales' in Mexico. You can get them printed in the Registro Civil or in the centros de servicio in some Gigantes. You'll need to take it with you for the SSP so get it and you can use the same one to submit with your application.

2. Same thing for your marriage certificate. Keep the legalized copy for future use if you ever need it in Canada and just get an 'original.'

To clarify, certified copy is just what Mexicans call 'original.'. Legalization is the process of taking that original to get it stamped by various government authorities in the issuing country and then the receiving country to certify that it is a true document. Since you've done the whole process through the Embassy, if you are ever in Ottawa just have it stamped by Foreign Affairs so you are all done in case you ever need it.

3. For the police certificates, you need to send the originals. Note that you need to submit the SSP one upfront now and the Embassy will later send you the request letter for the PGR.

4. For e-mails just print them out - no need to get them certified. And, usually no need to send every single one either. Send enough evidence (photos, e-mails, letters, phone bills, whatever) so that a total stranger is convinced of your relationship based solely on the documentation. So, usually a selection of photos and e-mails combined with other items you may have works well.

Good luck! Don't hesitate to keep asking :)
Thank you Nessa and OhCanadiana for clearing that up! It was great actually, that you mentioned the SSP certificate as I thought I had to call the Embassy for a letter of request for the PGR ;)
I was starting to feel a bit anxious but now I am more into it! Thanks for all your help!!!

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
I wouldn´t change it either! They probably won´t be sending anything else to you, since the PPR comes by email and I am assuming you will go to the embassy yourself to get the visa on the same day!

Oh and in case anyone was wondering:

A few weeks ago I was wondering about a few mistakes on our COPR. The destination city was Calgary but we are really going to Edmonton. And on the address it says Country instead of County.

So we sent them a case specific enquiry to se eif we should get it corrected. Well they answered today and said there will be no problems when we arrive in Canada.

Obviously we will correct the typo in the address when we land. And I think we will print out the answer they sent us and bring it with us, just in case!

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
Kazza said:
Thank you Nessa and OhCanadiana for clearing that up! It was great actually, that you mentioned the SSP certificate as I thought I had to call the Embassy for a letter of request for the PGR ;)
I was starting to feel a bit anxious but now I am more into it! Thanks for all your help!!!
The PGR and SSP are different ones! You need to send the SSP with the original application. Then later on they will send you a letter so you can get the PGR, you don´t need to call them and ask for it!

Good luck!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Nessa said:
I wouldn´t change it either! They probably won´t be sending anything else to you, since the PPR comes by email and I am assuming you will go to the embassy yourself to get the visa on the same day!

Oh and in case anyone was wondering:

A few weeks ago I was wondering about a few mistakes on our COPR. The destination city was Calgary but we are really going to Edmonton. And on the address it says Country instead of County.

So we sent them a case specific enquiry to se eif we should get it corrected. Well they answered today and said there will be no problems when we arrive in Canada.

Obviously we will correct the typo in the address when we land. And I think we will print out the answer they sent us and bring it with us, just in case!
Good to know! Sounds like everything is ready to go.

I'm getting nervous about the landing. I hope there are no weird hiccups at customs!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiangirl78 said:
I'm getting nervous about the landing. I hope there are no weird hiccups at customs!
Why would there be? You've done your B4 and all with all your stuff - if there's any last minute additions, have them go on your husband's B4. And, you've even practiced the SIN, OHIP, etc tour already :D

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
OhCanadiana said:
Why would there be? You've done your B4 and all with all your stuff - if there's any last minute additions, have them go on your husband's B4. And, you've even practiced the SIN, OHIP, etc tour already :D
We haven't bought anything but clothes and shoes and I think that can be part of my very detailed B4. So all we need is his passport, COPR, and the B4?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiangirl78 said:
We haven't bought anything but clothes and shoes and I think that can be part of my very detailed B4. So all we need is his passport, COPR, and the B4?
I'd add a camera to the list to capture the moment.

And...I'd also take a copy of the application with you so that if any questions are raised you have access to all the info they may ask. While you'll be there and can address any concerns/questions also, as you know I'm in the better safe than sorry end when dealing with all things CIC. While they rarely ask for any documentation at landing, I'd hate to be randomly selected and be turned away or asked to come back again with documents. It would turn a :) occassion quite :'(

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
We didn't make a copy of our application...

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
We didn't make a copy of our application...
We didn´t either. Hopefully it will be okay!

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
April 26, 2012, ARC Request on August 31, 2012
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
September 07, 2009 (Original) April 30, 2012 (After appeal allowed)
Interview........
March 23, 2010 DENIED, Filed appeal September 2010
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
Thank you all for your replies!

I'll wait a week or so after moving day and make up my mind then whether I'll tell them or not. I'm hopeful that by then I'll have the FBI document with me. :)

I didn't make a copy of my application either, however I made copies of the updated forms that they asked for. I don't think it would be a problem, what can they ask that you wouldn't know by heart anyway? Has anyone read experiences regarding landing? All the ones I've read were pretty straightforward when the point of entry is an airport.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
FedEx just delivered everything. I feel so overwhelmed! I am thankful they sent back our evidence, letters and such.