Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Soon........
OhCanadiana said:
I'm sorry to hear this :(
..you are very far away, you could try to call them and see if they will give you any info on the phone.
I would send a case specific enquiry to Mexico asking for guidance and/or call CIC.
Try to hang in there :)
I was with her, it was an older lady...quite mean type...I made a joint account now (they only made it at BMO as she hadd the immgrant visa stamp on her passport), Hopefully it will be fine.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Why does a joint bank account even matter!?

R

robrod

Good job, Lv!.
You have what she asked for now and if you can gather additional proof of the relationship, even better. More photos and something that works quite good with them is affidavits from people that know you.
Border land agents can be quite ugly, while the airport ones tend to be more civil. Read my experience regarding being denied twice at the land border on my previous posts with those people.
Be cool, patient and stick to your truths in 2 weeks.
You will be fine now.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
robrod said:
Good job, Lv!.
You have what she asked for now and if you can gather additional proof of the relationship, even better. More photos and something that works quite good with them is affidavits from people that know you.
Border land agents can be quite ugly, while the airport ones tend to be more civil. Read my experience regarding being denied twice at the land border on my previous posts with those people.
Be cool, patient and stick to your truths in 2 weeks.
You will be fine now.
Holy crap! Denied twice? Thank God my husband is flying. But he will be alone and he is a little clueless about this sort of thing.

R

robrod

I got one ugly one at Toronto's Pearson airport once as well!. I realized while she was interviewing me at secondary inspection that she was the boss there but having nothing to hide and sticking to my truths, I was allowed in without the need for a visitor record. They are good at their job, no doubt about that. And especially after 9/11.
In a different "jam" ocassion, I asked why are the land border agents ruthless and the airport agent grinned and limited to say: "they are known for not being patient..."

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
What could keep my husband from landing? I don't understand. After months and months what reason could they find?! Maybe I need to fly in with him.

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
April 26, 2012, ARC Request on August 31, 2012
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
September 07, 2009 (Original) April 30, 2012 (After appeal allowed)
Interview........
March 23, 2010 DENIED, Filed appeal September 2010
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
robrod said:
I got one ugly one at Toronto's Pearson airport once as well!. I realized while she was interviewing me at secondary inspection that she was the boss there but having nothing to hide and sticking to my truths, I was allowed in without the need for a visitor record. They are good at their job, no doubt about that. And especially after 9/11.
In a different "jam" ocassion, I asked why are the land border agents ruthless and the airport agent grinned and limited to say: "they are known for not being patient..."
Those two times you were denied... was it as a visitor?

It's honestly one of my worst nightmares, transferring my lease, quitting my job, selling my stuff, taking a plane and all of a sudden the IO finds "something" and refuses to let me land; especially due to my current circumstances (possibly needing an ARC)

Last time I tried to visit and refused entry due to the whole ARC nightmare, I was treated like a hotel guest. Not one single person was ever rude to me, but then again my English is flawless (no accent either). I can't say the same for the poor Chinese guy that was in the same situation as me, he was handcuffed and the IO treated him like an animal :(

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Oh that is terrible - about the Chinese man.

I am hoping robrod's experience was as a visitor because I am now freaking out my husband will not get in with his passport visa for WHO KNOWS what reason.

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
April 26, 2012, ARC Request on August 31, 2012
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
September 07, 2009 (Original) April 30, 2012 (After appeal allowed)
Interview........
March 23, 2010 DENIED, Filed appeal September 2010
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
Oh that is terrible - about the Chinese man.

I am hoping robrod's experience was as a visitor because I am now freaking out my husband will not get in with his passport visa for WHO KNOWS what reason.
It definitely was! The guy couldn't speak a word of English so that kinda aggravated the whole situation even more. Another thing that I've noticed was that people that have any kind of criminal record (even a DUI) will be treated horribly by CBSA, the reason is that their computer only tells them whether you have a record in the USA or not, it could be smoking a joint or being a serial killer, they don't know so they treat everyone like dirt "just in case" lol.

I don't think they would send someone (approved PR) that took a one-way plane back. I wonder what kind of questions they ask you at the point of entry...

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
My husband speaks English like the American he almost is, lol. And has no record. So that is good. But I think he should fly with me and our 19 month old. That would probably help. Our issue is we don't want him to risk trying to fly out of a US airport since he is undocumented. He is going to drive to Mexico and fly from there. I don't really want to have to go that route with a toddler! Too much traveling.

M

mrandmrsromero

canadiangirl78 said:
My husband speaks English like the American he almost is, lol. And has no record. So that is good. But I think he should fly with me and our 19 month old. That would probably help. Our issue is we don't want him to risk trying to fly out of a US airport since he is undocumented. He is going to drive to Mexico and fly from there. I don't really want to have to go that route with a toddler! Too much traveling.
When my husband left the U.S. he flew to Mexico without issues. Probably helped that he was leaving on a one-way ticket ::)

lv1234

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Doc's Request.
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
02-12-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
15-09-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Soon........
Guys,we openened two joint accounts but the statements are not coming until 1 month.
Any suggestions what should we take?

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
lv1234 said:
Guys,we openened two joint accounts but the statements are not coming until 1 month.
Any suggestions what should we take?
Sign up for online banking, it should have both your names on it when you print it. If it doesn't, most banks have an option to re-name the account to whatever you want. Just rename it to both of your names. Also take the copy of the contract maybe with both of your signatures!
Goodluck :)

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
mrandmrsromero said:
When my husband left the U.S. he flew to Mexico without issues. Probably helped that he was leaving on a one-way ticket ::)
LOL. I know but I'm worried about even the smallest chance they'll ask for a visa or whatnot and then detain him or something. I know it might be just fine but I don't want to risk it.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
itscoezy said:
Sign up for online banking, it should have both your names on it when you print it. If it doesn't, most banks have an option to re-name the account to whatever you want. Just rename it to both of your names. Also take the copy of the contract maybe with both of your signatures!
Goodluck :)
What am I missing? What's the big deal with the joint account?