+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrandmrsromero said:
No acknowledgement as far as I know (in our case anyway, we never received anything) but the courier tracking will at least let you know it has arrived at their office. After that you just wait for the package.
Yup, no acknowledgement from the FBI. You can call them 4 weeks in or so and they will verbally confirm they got it with your tracking number and personal info.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Awesome news that you got it! :)

Security - not started seems to be popping up often on folk's GCMS notes so I wouldn't worry about it. I conjecture that it may be as simple as the VO hasn't asked to pull the results yet (since my understanding is that security is done by external agencies). Or, it's still a GCMS transition....I doubt they are just sitting on them. Check the detailed section for action/communication with external agencies, which may give you much more insight in the details.

The due date is the date that things are due on your file and the next time they will therefore look at it (unless something triggers them to look at it before).

Medical I also take as good news - they probably saw your case enquiry and asked for the results to be pulled :)

Exciting to see movement. Next step - PPR (soon!)

mrandmrsromero said:
Okay friends, I need your feedback on the latest GCMS which just arrived this morning. All 43 pages! I don't know whether to be happy or depressed:

Assessments:
Eligibility: Passed
Security: Not Started (WTF???)
Criminality: Passed
Medical: In Progress

Paper File:
Office: PR-Background

Application Assignment:
Due Date: 2012/06/30 (good? bad? meaningless?)

Everything else in the notes looks about the same.

M

mrandmrsromero

OhCanadiana said:
Awesome news that you got it! :)

Security - not started seems to be popping up often on folk's GCMS notes so I wouldn't worry about it. I conjecture that it may be as simple as the VO hasn't asked to pull the results yet (since my understanding is that security is done by external agencies). Or, it's still a GCMS transition....I doubt they are just sitting on them. Check the detailed section for action/communication with external agencies, which may give you much more insight in the details.

The due date is the date that things are due on your file and the next time they will therefore look at it (unless something triggers them to look at it before).

Medical I also take as good news - they probably saw your case enquiry and asked for the results to be pulled :)

Exciting to see movement. Next step - PPR (soon!)
Looking over the sections at back, nothing really stands out except in the Incoming section, looks like items were received in March but it is all coded and there are no comments to indicate what it is. (i.e. Item: ATIP).

I just noticed something else. Under the criminality section it says "Passed", followed by "Validity Date: 2013/05/26". First time I've noticed a date there.

Seriously, I have butterflies in my tummy - feels like the real deal this time!

lv1234

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Doc's Request.
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
02-12-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
15-09-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Soon........
Big issue:
We got PPR (2 weeks ago) and immigrant visa back (yesterday), we went to the rainbow bridge to land.
The immigration officer asked us for a joint bank account statement (we never had a joint bank account),
She said she will call cic mexico city and verify why did we get approved etc. She said my common law cannot land as she needs additiona info.
She said come back in 2 weeks.

Any ideas?

M

mrandmrsromero

lv1234 said:
Big issue:
We got PPR (2 weeks ago) and immigrant visa back (yesterday), we went to the rainbow bridge to land.
The immigration officer asked us for a joint bank account statement (we never had a joint bank account),
She said she will call cic mexico city and verify why did we get approved etc.

Any ideas?
Whhaaaaat???? I didn't realize that such things were even asked for when landing. I'm sure it will all get straightened out but what a huge inconvenience for you !!!!

lv1234

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Doc's Request.
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
02-12-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
15-09-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Soon........
mrandmrsromero said:
Whhaaaaat???? I didn't realize that such things were even asked for when landing. I'm sure it will all get straightened out but what a huge inconvenience for you !!!!
yes, my fiancee was so sad and crying the whole time from Niagara to Toronto

R

robrod

Nessa and Alesinha, big congratulations indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Lv, I am in shock!.
I have never heard of a landing being turned down. Never.
How about getting a joint bank account since the 2 of you are in Canada and go back in 2 weeks just like they asked you.
I would gather additional proof also. I'm sorry to hear this news. Unbelievable.
Best of luck.

Alesinha

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 17th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 24 th 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
June 21th 2012
OMG im really shocked about it! :eek:...

Could it be possible that at the moment of landing they asked for some other proofs???...

Anyway thanks to everybody! After a really hard week these are great news for us... As sson as I get everything ready I will be leaving! yuhu!!...

Btw I have a big question of how this works... the letter says the visa will expire on october 20th 2012, what does this means? I need help please! Thanks! :p

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
It means you have to land by Oct 20 or the visa expires and you have to apply again.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
lv1234 said:
Big issue:
She said she will call cic mexico city and verify why did we get approved etc. She said my common law cannot land as she needs additiona info.

Any ideas?
I am sure it will be fine. Sounds like you got the wrong agent. Seems like she wants to verify your common law marriage.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrandmrsromero said:
Looking over the sections at back, nothing really stands out except in the Incoming section, looks like items were received in March but it is all coded and there are no comments to indicate what it is. (i.e. Item: ATIP).

I just noticed something else. Under the criminality section it says "Passed", followed by "Validity Date: 2013/05/26". First time I've noticed a date there.

Seriously, I have butterflies in my tummy - feels like the real deal this time!
Awesome!

FWIW, ATIP is Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) :)

Butterflies are good - they remind you that you are alive and excited - enjoy them! 8)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lv1234 said:
Big issue:

Any ideas?
I'm sorry to hear this :(

Technically, everyone needs to be interviewed by an officer before they land, as part of the application process. Sometimes to address specific questions ... sometimes it's just random (to check documents you submitted and to check on VO).

Did your common law partner land alone or were you with her? If she was alone, you could try going to the Rainbow Bridge and asking for additional info to see if they can help you understand their concerns and if you can address them. If you are very far away, you could try to call them and see if they will give you any info on the phone.

I would send a case specific enquiry to Mexico asking for guidance and/or call CIC.

Try to hang in there :)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alesinha said:
OMG im really shocked about it! :eek:...

Could it be possible that at the moment of landing they asked for some other proofs???...

Anyway thanks to everybody! After a really hard week these are great news for us... As sson as I get everything ready I will be leaving! yuhu!!...

Btw I have a big question of how this works... the letter says the visa will expire on october 20th 2012, what does this means? I need help please! Thanks! :p
1. I usually suggest taking a copy of your application with you (with the original docs) - they can 'audit' the application in an interview either if something catches their attention or if you get randomly selected. Most of the time they don't request it, but they *can.*

2. Good luck getting everything ready - don't forget to write down serial numbers on your B4 before you pack any electronics and to take photos of jewlery!

3. It just means you need to land before Oct 20, 2012

Congrats again :D

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
OhCanadiana said:
1. I usually suggest taking a copy of your application with you (with the original docs) - they can 'audit' the application in an interview either if something catches their attention or if you get randomly selected. Most of the time they don't request it, but they *can.*

2. Good luck getting everything ready - don't forget to write down serial numbers on your B4 before you pack any electronics and to take photos of jewlery!

3. It just means you need to land before Oct 20, 2012

Congrats again :D
Oh great. We didn't make a copy of our application. =( The B4 is already done and stamped at least.