MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Hello friends!!

I'm seeking some advice here. I posted here a long time ago, you can check my previous post to see what I've asked in the past, but long story short, my Wife (Canadian, from Montreal) she's been living here in México with me for the past 5 months. We got married in January 27th, (that's when we met for the first time in person in the airport) We've been through some hard times with INM, here in México, but anyway, my questions is this: Are we allowed to submit the sponsorhip if she lives here?

She and I decided a long time ago before getting married that we should live here in México for some time while the application is in process, is this possible or she must be in Montreal all the time?

Thanks for your help!

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
Oscar27 said:
Hello friends!!

I'm seeking some advice here. I posted here a long time ago, you can check my previous post to see what I've asked in the past, but long story short, my Wife (Canadian, from Montreal) she's been living here in México with me for the past 5 months. We got married in January 27th, (that's when we met for the first time in person in the airport) We've been through some hard times with INM, here in México, but anyway, my questions is this: Are we allowed to submit the sponsorhip if she lives here?

She and I decided a long time ago before getting married that we should live here in México for some time while the application is in process, is this possible or she must be in Montreal all the time?

Thanks for your help!
Hey Oscar,

As long as she is a Canadian Citizen and not a permanent residence, she can sponsor you and stay in Mexico with you while waiting for the application to be processed.

lv1234

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Doc's Request.
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
02-12-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
15-09-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Soon........
La_Ardilla said:
I can maybe help, I also applied common-law and did not have a rental/lease agreement (I understand the living in a basement situation). We did send proof of a joint bank account, if that actually helped, it could have, but who knows.
Thanks a lot.. you guys are great!!

lv1234

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Doc's Request.
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
02-12-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
15-09-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Soon........
mc1234 said:
I don't know where you are in Canada but the RBC allows you to have a joint bank account even if one person is on visitor status, the same as TD.. but maybe it would look weird to open one at this point :( Ill think about it more and get back to you.
Thank you, yes it would look awkward, i did file the income tax with her name on it as common law, i will send that and the stat declaration and the letter from friends, let's see what happens

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
Oscar27 said:
Hello friends!!

Thanks for your help!
Yes, if she is a Canadian Citizen she can sponsor you, but she will have to submit proof that she is planning on going back to Canada.

I am Canadian living in Mexico with my husband and I was approved as a sponsor! :)

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Nessa said:
Yes, if she is a Canadian Citizen she can sponsor you, but she will have to submit proof that she is planning on going back to Canada.

I am Canadian living in Mexico with my husband and I was approved as a sponsor! :)
What is it like in Mexico? All the news reports have been very unflattering and, frankly, somewhat terrifying. My husband wants to go see his dad in Oaxaca but he hasn't been to Mexico since he was 9 or 10 and I am worried about him making the trip alone.

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
Yes the news can be terrifying, but in my experience it really is not as bad as they make it look. Oaxaca is pretty safe in my opinion. Here in Veracruz it was pretty bad for a while last summer, for a few months but it has called down quite a bit now!

I would say it would be safe to visit his dad in Oaxaca! I´ve been here for 3 years now and nothing has ever happened to me.

M

mrandmrsromero

Nessa said:
Yes the news can be terrifying, but in my experience it really is not as bad as they make it look.
Agreed. Caution and common sense should of course prevail when travelling *anywhere*, but the media seriously goes over the top on Mexico. On that front, here's another viewpoint to ponder:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/douglas-anthony-cooper/canada-attack-resort_b_1232486.html

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Nessa said:
Yes the news can be terrifying, but in my experience it really is not as bad as they make it look. Oaxaca is pretty safe in my opinion. Here in Veracruz it was pretty bad for a while last summer, for a few months but it has called down quite a bit now!

I would say it would be safe to visit his dad in Oaxaca! I´ve been here for 3 years now and nothing has ever happened to me.
Interesting - thanks for the input.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
mrandmrsromero said:
Agreed. Caution and common sense should of course prevail when travelling *anywhere*, but the media seriously goes over the top on Mexico. On that front, here's another viewpoint to ponder:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/douglas-anthony-cooper/canada-attack-resort_b_1232486.html
Good article. I am emailing it to my husband.

How about Ciduad Juarez though?!

M

mrandmrsromero

canadiangirl78 said:
How about Ciduad Juarez though?!
Ummm....wouldn't recommend it:

"You know how Los Angeles doesn't have a whole lot in common with an Amish community in Pennsylvania? Well, multiply that difference a thousand-fold when comparing Ciudad Juarez (a genuinely dangerous place) to a Maya village in the state of Yucatán."

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
11-26-12 - Common law declaration/PRG/SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa - 09-11-12 / DF 11-26-12
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
I had no problem when I was in Jalisco, around PV and GDL. There is violence there but its not as out in the open as you would think. I find the media is very inaccurate. We were in PV in OCtober when the hurricane was to hit, we were mainly looking at US and Canada media, their coverage made us think this huge hurricane was on its way, we got prepared and stayed in for the night. We got a light rain and slight wind but nothing more. The next day we were on the interent in downtown PV and there was a CBC report that downtown PV had been hit and was flooded right where we were sitting but in reality it was dry and sunny, no evidence of a hurricane. Since then I have been very wary of any media reports on Mexico. I am not big conspiracy person but this what weird, it was two days before the Pan Am games and we couldnt help but wonder if this was a plot to stop US and canadians from attending, who knows, but it was very strange ...

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
mrandmrsromero said:
Ummm....wouldn't recommend it:

"You know how Los Angeles doesn't have a whole lot in common with an Amish community in Pennsylvania? Well, multiply that difference a thousand-fold when comparing Ciudad Juarez (a genuinely dangerous place) to a Maya village in the state of Yucatán."
Yeah and that is why I don't want to sponsor my husband for a green card! Scary!

M

mrandmrsromero

missmymexi said:
I had no problem when I was in Jalisco, around PV and GDL. There is violence there but its not as out in the open as you would think. I find the media is very inaccurate. We were in PV in OCtober when the hurricane was to hit, we were mainly looking at US and Canada media, their coverage made us think this huge hurricane was on its way, we got prepared and stayed in for the night. We got a light rain and slight wind but nothing more. The next day we were on the interent in downtown PV and there was a CBC report that downtown PV had been hit and was flooded right where we were sitting but in reality it was dry and sunny, no evidence of a hurricane. Since then I have been very wary of any media reports on Mexico. I am not big conspiracy person but this what weird, it was two days before the Pan Am games and we couldnt help but wonder if this was a plot to stop US and canadians from attending, who knows, but it was very strange ...
I get you on all of the above. The weather reporting thing though is almost comical. Nice to know the Canadian weather people overblow the reporting both abroad and at home. Case in point: after forecasting an epic snowstorm, Toronto called in the army for what turned out to be a few flakes :-D

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
canadiangirl78 said:
What is it like in Mexico? All the news reports have been very unflattering and, frankly, somewhat terrifying. My husband wants to go see his dad in Oaxaca but he hasn't been to Mexico since he was 9 or 10 and I am worried about him making the trip alone.
I'm not familiar with Oaxaca but I do live in Mexico, about 75 minutes from Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco. I love it here, I feel safer here than I did living in Vancouver for sure. The media is so hyped up. There are more murders in Vancouver and surrounding area than I've ever heard about here. Everyone is so friendly :)