15-09-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Soon........
mc1234 said:
Do you have anything else..a bank account would really help at this point, even a letter stating that you two have one and a few copies of the statement, affidavits, insurance (car or life), anything substantial that shows you two are starting to build a life together would help.
I do not have any insurance or bank statement in her name as she was on a visitor visa for 1 yr when we were living together.

All I have is a letter from the condo management saying we lived together since Oct 2010.
Before that I was living in a basement and that landlady is not giving me any proof.

What else can I do?

lv1234

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Doc's Request.
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
02-12-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
15-09-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Soon........
islenio said:
I think you need to send them everything you have !

Plane tickets
Passport seals
Bank statements
School receipts
Invoices
Friends / Family /Landlord Affidavits (Include phone Numbers)
Gym membership
Anything that has your address and her/his name

And a good letter with an explanation of why she/he is not listed in your lease.

The more the better.

If my memory is right you are applying common law, I think they want proof that you guys have been together for a year

Good Luck
Thanks

La_Ardilla

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Request
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
lv1234 said:
I do not have any insurance or bank statement in her name as she was on a visitor visa for 1 yr when we were living together.

All I have is a letter from the condo management saying we lived together since Oct 2010.
Before that I was living in a basement and that landlady is not giving me any proof.

What else can I do?
I can maybe help, I also applied common-law and did not have a rental/lease agreement (I understand the living in a basement situation). We did send proof of a joint bank account, nothing in it and it was opened shortly before submitting the application. I had placed him on my life insurance policy in the summer before applying but that doesn't necessary give you proof of co-habitation just committment. One thing that I think helped was that we had 1 and probably 2 visitor record extensions going to the address where we both lived spanning at least 1 year. Other than that, we had a gym membership that had the address on it. Other items that I discovered after applying were shipping labels on a box of stuff his mom sent to us, that showed his name and the address. (Yes, I began hoarding more proof after applying). I did end up sending a signed declaration from family members stating where we lived and for how long, after the application arrived in Mexico City along with my attempt to add him onto my health insurance at work. They replied stating that they did not need anything else and would contact for more information if required, I don't know if that actually helped, it could have, but who knows.

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
I don't know where you are in Canada but the RBC allows you to have a joint bank account even if one person is on visitor status, the same as TD.. but maybe it would look weird to open one at this point :( Ill think about it more and get back to you.

M

mrandmrsromero

missmymexi said:
This is totally awesome, thank you for sharing, seems the average time for the approved applications is between 6 - 8 months, that certainly is positive !
By all means put your own stats up on that site as well. Helps keep timelines relatively current and a broader comparison base for future curious applicants. Not that I'm one to believe in any hard and fast rules regarding timelines anyway :)

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Hi Everyone! I wanted to let you know what happened with our TRV.

So today I got a phone number from a 4 digit number. I didn't answer because I was with my sleeping baby. Well my husband got a call from the same number while at work and it was an immigration officer from the Canadian Embassy in Mexico.

He was SO nice! He was saying he was having a hard time deciding what to do with the visa application. If he approved it, he realized that my husband could still get turned away at the border and would have to go to Mexico since he is undocumented in the US. If he denied it, it would be a red flag when our PR is processing. He said not a big deal but still a red flag.

He was kind of curious why we let the first PR go. Well that first PR was tough to let go but it was a back up plan, we were both worried about losing our jobs. And after we submitted we decided we wanted to have a baby. It just didn't work out for us to move and we decided just to redo the paperwork and pay the fees again. And I don't regret it at all even though it is a pain to redo everything. It was the right choice and moving to Canada in 2012 will be SO much better for us.

Anyway back to the call. Basically after some more questions and discussion - he recommended we withdraw the application for a visitor's visa. We agree this is the right choice. And he was SO nice, according to my husband, which I really appreciate.

So I am going to email and fax to get that application withdrawn and we will just impatiently wait for the PR. (Now I am worried it is going to be a red flag that we didn't take the first PR, although I explained that it was because I was pregnant and we couldn't move before the expiration date)

Ok that was long! =)

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
canadiangirl78 said:

So today I got a phone number from a 4 digit number. I didn't answer because I was with my sleeping baby. Well my husband got a call from the same number while at work and it was an immigration officer from the Canadian Embassy in Mexico.

He was SO nice! He was saying he was having a hard time deciding what to do with the visa application. If he approved it, he realized that my husband could still get turned away at the border and would have to go to Mexico since he is undocumented in the US. If he denied it, it would be a red flag when our PR is processing. He said not a big deal but still a red flag.

He was kind of curious why we let the first PR go. Well that first PR was tough to let go but it was a back up plan, we were both worried about losing our jobs. And after we submitted we decided we wanted to have a baby. It just didn't work out for us to move and we decided just to redo the paperwork and pay the fees again. And I don't regret it at all even though it is a pain to redo everything. It was the right choice and moving to Canada in 2012 will be SO much better for us.

Anyway back to the call. Basically after some more questions and discussion - he recommended we withdraw the application for a visitor's visa. We agree this is the right choice. And he was SO nice, according to my husband, which I really appreciate.

So I am going to email and fax to get that application withdrawn and we will just impatiently wait for the PR. (Now I am worried it is going to be a red flag that we didn't take the first PR, although I explained that it was because I was pregnant and we couldn't move before the expiration date)

Ok that was long! =)
Wow, that VO officer does seem really nice.. I am glad you two made the right decision for your family.. hoping for a speedy PR for you guys:)

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
canadiangirl78 said:

Ok that was long! =)
Just out of curiosity, did they explain why a rejected visitor visa application was/is considered a red flag?

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
mc1234 said:
Just out of curiosity, did they explain why a rejected visitor visa application was/is considered a red flag?
Well he did say it wasn't a huge deal but I think anytime someone is rejected for a visa, they will have to look into things more and figure out why, etc. I think my husband said it is just another thing for them to look at which can cause a delay. So I am really thankful he called and let us withdraw. He said usually it is easy to either deny or approve but our situation was tricky with my husband in the US. I am thankful he was sensitive and understanding to the fact that my husband is undocumented in the US. He could have kind of messed us up - sent him to the border to probably be denied or rejected our TRV and made our PR more complicated. So lucky us got a nice guy!

He also looked up our PR application and said we weren't in the system yet. Which I knew since they are still working on January applications.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Another thing - he said it was likely my husband would be turned away at the border because if HE has questions about granting the visa (no ties in mexico) then the officer at the border would too. He also said to approve it, he would have to run it by his supervisor. This is just info for anyone new who might show up and have a similar situation. This forum has helped me a lot.

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
oh wow! It was nice of them to think of the problems it could have caused for your husband! It´s too bad he can´t get the visitors visa though, but just a little more patience and everyone will be in Canada! :D

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
Added my info to the tracker website! Let´s see how it will compare to others. :)

Americana In T.O.

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/12/2011
AOR Received.
10/04/2012
File Transfer...
30/01/2012
Med's Done....
01/10/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
21/08/2012
LANDED..........
24/08/2012 YAY!!!
canadiangirl78 said:
Well he did say it wasn't a huge deal but I think anytime someone is rejected for a visa, they will have to look into things more and figure out why, etc. I think my husband said it is just another thing for them to look at which can cause a delay. So I am really thankful he called and let us withdraw. He said usually it is easy to either deny or approve but our situation was tricky with my husband in the US. I am thankful he was sensitive and understanding to the fact that my husband is undocumented in the US. He could have kind of messed us up - sent him to the border to probably be denied or rejected our TRV and made our PR more complicated. So lucky us got a nice guy!

He also looked up our PR application and said we weren't in the system yet. Which I knew since they are still working on January applications.
Wow, Canadiangirl78! I am really impressed with the VO officer's sense of compassion! May he or someone of his creed process all of our cases!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Nessa said:
oh wow! It was nice of them to think of the problems it could have caused for your husband! It´s too bad he can´t get the visitors visa though, but just a little more patience and everyone will be in Canada! :D
The good thing is we are all in the US together right now. We don't have to be separated. But our stuff is moving mid-April on my parent's moving truck so we are going to be roughing it. The baby and I will be in Canada for 3 weeks setting stuff up. Then come back to wait. August 20 is the 6 month mark. I hope we get it sooner.

And yes it was so nice of that officer.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Americana In T.O. said:
Wow, Canadiangirl78! I am really impressed with the VO officer's sense of compassion! May he or someone of his creed process all of our cases!
I wish he did permanent resident visas but he only does the temporary ones. But yes hopefully the other officers are like him!