+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

Queen Mason

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
mc1234 said:
I also don't think it's about the money, per say. I actually never mentioned anything about money, but to say it isn't apart of it would be untrue, it does help. If you read my previous post I talked about how the letter was one of the most important parts of the application since you get to explain why you want a visa, and in the multiple entry you can submit two letters. Maybe I was a little unclear, just trying to help the poster.
I get the idea about not being the money, but i do not want her to get her application denied because of little mistakes. I know how much she wants her husband to be there for the birth. Every officer is different. It really depends a lot on the officer. You are right, the letters matter, but how do you know the letters where the ones that made the difference? It is hard to say. That is why i told her that i can tell her what not to do, because the letter they sent me explain why they did refuse my application. We just want to help her. Thanks for the reply.

reginac

Star Member
Apr 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-aug-2011
Doc's Request.
29-dec-2011
AOR Received.
09-dec-2011
File Transfer...
02-nov-2011
Med's Done....
01-june-2011
Just came back from Mexico city, now I have to wait to pick up the constancia and drop it off in the embassy!!!!!
Yaaaaayyyyy!!! ;D ;D ;D

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
Queen Mason said:
I get the idea about not being the money, but i do not want her to get her application denied because of little mistakes. I know how much she wants her husband to be there for the birth. Every officer is different. It really depends a lot on the officer. You are right, the letters matter, but how do you know the letters where the ones that made the difference? It is hard to say. That is why i told her that i can tell her what not to do, because the letter they sent me explain why they did refuse my application. We just want to help her. Thanks for the reply.
Of course. That's what this forum is all about, I was just talking from personal experience. Almost everyone told me that my BF's visa would be denied, since they apparently don't like to give visas out to people in their twenties! But you are right, there is no way I can tell that the letters were what gave him an approval, that is simply my own opinion.

Regina C - Hope you had a good trip!

M

mrandmrsromero

Huron, no response yet. Given that the embassy "strongly advised" that we wait for their request to do a re-medical, we decided to suck it up and wait. It just means more delays but what can we do?

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrandmrsromero said:
Huron, no response yet. Given that the embassy "strongly advised" that we wait for their request to do a re-medical, we decided to suck it up and wait. It just means more delays but what can we do?
Thanks for the info.... I guess you and I are the old timers now in this thread .... I wonder if my DMP will give me a discount for the second time round ......

M

mrandmrsromero

Huron said:
I wonder if my DMP will give me a discount for the second time round ......
Well if that happens, you'll have to send me the contact info for that DMP. We could use a break :)

reginac

Star Member
Apr 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-aug-2011
Doc's Request.
29-dec-2011
AOR Received.
09-dec-2011
File Transfer...
02-nov-2011
Med's Done....
01-june-2011
Thank you!!!!

Any news everyone??????? Does anyone know if the police record is the final step? I don't want to quit my job thinking that I might get PPR in about 40 days after dropping off the Constancia. I'm an English teacher and I need to sign my next contract ASAP, which ends until July, I don't want to sign it and not being able to finish it, What do you guys suggest????

islenio

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Aug-2011
AOR Received.
9-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
6-Oct-2011
Med's Done....
18-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012
LANDED..........
4-Feb-2012
Nothing from our side, it has been a month since we delivered the constancia

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reginac said:
Thank you!!!!

Any news everyone??????? Does anyone know if the police record is the final step? I don't want to quit my job thinking that I might get PPR in about 40 days after dropping off the Constancia. I'm an English teacher and I need to sign my next contract ASAP, which ends until July, I don't want to sign it and not being able to finish it, What do you guys suggest????
Every case is different but personally if I were you I would not quit. I turned in the Federal Antecedents Penales in September of 2011...... and still no PPR for me. :(

reginac

Star Member
Apr 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-aug-2011
Doc's Request.
29-dec-2011
AOR Received.
09-dec-2011
File Transfer...
02-nov-2011
Med's Done....
01-june-2011
@ Islenio - I have a good feeling and you will get your PPR next week ;D I'm behind you lol

@Huron - Thank you so much for your advise, I got an application rejected before with a 2 year of processing time, I just want to be positive and get everything done soon, I guess I will start my job and see what happens!!!!

Queen Mason

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
Huron said:
Every case is different but personally if I were you I would not quit. I turned in the Federal Antecedents Penales in September of 2011...... and still no PPR for me. :(
Do not get sad huron, that just means that you will get it very soon. You have waited for so long, it is coming to and end. Good luck. I am sure you will get it soon.

Queen Mason

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
reginac said:
@ Islenio - I have a good feeling and you will get your PPR next week ;D I'm behind you lol

@ Huron - Thank you so much for your advise, I got an application rejected before with a 2 year of processing time, I just want to be positive and get everything done soon, I guess I will start my job and see what happens!!!!
I hope you are right ReginaC, about islenio getting his PR, I am way behind you both but i am praying so all of us get it soon.

lv1234

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Doc's Request.
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
02-12-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
15-09-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Soon........
Who has received an FBI check?. Is it for those who lived in USA 12 months non stop or even visitors who visited USA for 6 months twice?

In form IMM0008ENU_2D did you put more thatn 6 months and entered US address in line 12 (previous countires of residence: During the past five years have you lived in any country other thatn your country of citizenship of residence.......for more than six months)?
How do I find out?

Please Please help me resolve my doubt.

I applied for my Common-law Oct 01 in Mississauga (submitted medical at the same time)
Sponsor approved Dec 01 and file sent to Mexico city Dec 01
Now waiting for the passport call from Mexico city

When can I expect the passport request. Are there any more steps in between. Should I pay the landing fee? You guys seem to know a lot so please help me out.

lv1234

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Doc's Request.
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
02-12-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
15-09-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Soon........
islenio said:
Nothing from our side, it has been a month since we delivered the constancia
What is the "constancia"? Is it something to do with marriage?
Were you asked for FBI clearance too or no?
Did you translate your police clearance from Mexico to English?