+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

Queen Mason

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
Baby on the way said:
I am sending in our spousal sponsorship papers in two weeks My husband is Mexican and I am Canadian, we are expecting our first baby in May... is anyone else pregnant, been pregnant and do they speed up the process because there is a baby on the way.
Also once sponsorship was started did anyone apply for a visa into Canada, we are sending our papers to Mississauga... ;D

any info would be a great help

Also what is the real time we are looking at for getting into Canada now!
Thank you
Having a baby will not make the process faster, but it could be a good thing to prove that your relationship is genuine. Your husband can apply for a trv but he will have to convince the officer that he will return to mexico and that is very hard to prove when his wife lives there and she is pregnant and he has declared on his sponsorship application that he intends to live permanently in canda.

What i absolutely recomend you to do is apply for the visitor´s visa before u send the papers. Lets see. Does he live in canada or mexico?
send me a personal message if you want. I have some experience with visitors visas to canada. Take care and congratulations for the baby.

Jan 2, 2012
Queen Mason said:
Having a baby will not make the process faster, but it could be a good thing to prove that your relationship is genuine. Your husband can apply for a trv but he will have to convince the officer that he will return to mexico and that is very hard to prove when his wife lives there and she is pregnant and he has declared on his sponsorship application that he intends to live permanently in canda.

What i absolutely recomend you to do is apply for the visitor´s visa before u send the papers. Lets see. Does he live in canada or mexico?
send me a personal message if you want. I have some experience with visitors visas to canada. Take care and congratulations for the baby.

I m not sure how to reply privately but I am very interested in learning more.. I really want him there! He is in Mexico I am in Canada

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
My BF also has a multiple entry visa that we did by ourselves. It was fairly simple, if you want more info private msg me!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Baby on the way said:
I would love more information.. how do you send a private message?!
You won't be able to send a private message until you have 10 posts on the forum. So keep posting and you'll be there soon!

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
Okay well I can just put it on here since it would be beneficial to many people on the Mexico thread! Give me a few minutes and I will put together a detailed guide of how we went about getting a multiple entry visitor visa! :)

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
Okay so I am going to try and give a breakdown of what My SO and I did to get him a multiple entry visa.

*Prior to his trip to Canada, my SO has taken a trip outside of Mexico to Belize, and has flown within Mexico many times which he was able to prove. He also owns his own car and small lavandaria. In my opinion all of these were critical in order to him receive a multiple entry visa. *

What we presented

- All forms, typed out and already validated
- Proof of ownership of his business
- A letter of invitation and a copy of me (CAN CITIZEN) Passport and previous plane tickets *in this letter, explain the specific reason of this trip and why you want him to visit Canada*
- photocopy of my birth certificate
- A letter explaining why we wanted a multiple entry visa
- Already purchased plane ticket with proof of return
- Itinerary of trip to Canada
- Number of people living in the house (we also let the embassy know he was not required to pay any hotel)

We sent an email inquiring on the status of the application after we checked the website and saw that 'additional evidence was needed' after not hearing anything for many days. They then emailed us to inform us that they needed more proof of his ties to Mexico and his bank account (to see he has sufficient funds)

To satisfy these requirements, we submitted:

- bank account statements
- photos of his business and receipts of his recently purchased equipment for his business
- proof that he had prepaid his rent for six months as well as a photocopy of his lease agreement
- a photocopy of vehicle ownership

After 10 more days, we were more than anxious.. Finally UPS came by and delivered the package, and inside was the visa! very happy day for us and would love for other people to experience that kind of happiness. :) If you need more help/ideas pm me once you get your 10 posts, lol!

M

mrandmrsromero

Hey guys. Just back from a fabulous two weeks with my husband in Mexico. In the spirit of optimism: Happy New Year!

Brief update. I wrote to CSIS to inquire on background check status. Just got a letter back confirming that security screening was completed and sent to CIC on SEPTEMBER 28. Ummmm.....WHAT???? I emailed the embassy this morning quoting the CSIS response and asked for an update. Seriously folks, we are in purgatory.

Jan 2, 2012
mc1234 said:
Okay so I am going to try and give a breakdown of what My SO and I did to get him a multiple entry visa.

*Prior to his trip to Canada, my SO has taken a trip outside of Mexico to Belize, and has flown within Mexico many times which he was able to prove. He also owns his own car and small lavandaria. In my opinion all of these were critical in order to him receive a multiple entry visa. *

What we presented

- All forms, typed out and already validated
- Proof of ownership of his business
- A letter of invitation and a copy of me (CAN CITIZEN) Passport and previous plane tickets *in this letter, explain the specific reason of this trip and why you want him to visit Canada*
- photocopy of my birth certificate
- A letter explaining why we wanted a multiple entry visa
- Already purchased plane ticket with proof of return
- Itinerary of trip to Canada
- Number of people living in the house (we also let the embassy know he was not required to pay any hotel)

We sent an email inquiring on the status of the application after we checked the website and saw that 'additional evidence was needed' after not hearing anything for many days. They then emailed us to inform us that they needed more proof of his ties to Mexico and his bank account (to see he has sufficient funds)

To satisfy these requirements, we submitted:

- bank account statements
- photos of his business and receipts of his recently purchased equipment for his business
- proof that he had prepaid his rent for six months as well as a photocopy of his lease agreement
- a photocopy of vehicle ownership

After 10 more days, we were more than anxious.. Finally UPS came by and delivered the package, and inside was the visa! very happy day for us and would love for other people to experience that kind of happiness. :) If you need more help/ideas pm me once you get your 10 posts, lol!

WOW, !! and congrats.. my guy doesn't own a business but he has been working with the same company for 7 years now. he does own land and a house and a truck. He does have money in the bank .. but how much is enough? we were living in a rented apartment up until 2 months ago when we moved back in to the family home because I am having a baby and wanted to be near his family while I m in Mexico... plus it makes sense to save as much as we can till the baby comes and he moves to Canada.. as the original plan was for me to live here for a year and then move but with the baby on the way I want to be in Canada. we have already filled out our paper work for the visa and we mentioned the baby and the all the medical reports etc..we want to be upfront and honest. we asked for a 2 month visit and a promise to return. on a certain date which we intend on honoring because the sponsorship is over rides the visa but I want him in canada for the birth.
I am not sure what to do because I feel if we tell them we are having a baby they will ASSUME he wont return which in this case is not the story... he will return till approved to move to canada.

I feel like I am fighting a losing battle on having him with me during the birth of our son. I wonder if offering a BOND would help us..?

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
Baby on the way said:
WOW, !! and congrats.. my guy doesn't own a business but he has been working with the same company for 7 years now. he does own land and a house and a truck. He does have money in the bank .. but how much is enough? we were living in a rented apartment up until 2 months ago when we moved back in to the family home because I am having a baby and wanted to be near his family while I m in Mexico... plus it makes sense to save as much as we can till the baby comes and he moves to Canada.. as the original plan was for me to live here for a year and then move but with the baby on the way I want to be in Canada. we have already filled out our paper work for the visa and we mentioned the baby and the all the medical reports etc..we want to be upfront and honest. we asked for a 2 month visit and a promise to return. on a certain date which we intend on honoring because the sponsorship is over rides the visa but I want him in canada for the birth.
I am not sure what to do because I feel if we tell them we are having a baby they will ASSUME he wont return which in this case is not the story... he will return till approved to move to canada.

I feel like I am fighting a losing battle on having him with me during the birth of our son. I wonder if offering a BOND would help us..?

I think all of those things that you mentioned are good enough to get a visa. One thing I took advantage of were the letters they allow you to attach. In those you can explain why he will come back to Mexico and how important it is to you both your baby being born in Canada and your SO being there at the moment of birth is important to you. The key to it is make sure you explain why his visit to Canada is temporary, why he will return to Mexico. Honestly my BF is 23 and no one thought we were going to get one, don't let the fear of them saying no stop you. It's better to at least try, no? Maybe try to include a copy of a flight itinerary (you can get one without actually purchasing the ticket) and things that will prove he is serious about returning.

Queen Mason

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
Baby on the way said:
I would love more information.. how do you send a private message?!
I would really recomend you to apply for his visa before you send the sponsorship. Some agents are very nice when u talk to them and they tell you information that they are not supposed to tell you. One told me that, so do it before and i am sure he will get it. Take care and congratulations again.

Queen Mason

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
mc1234 said:
I think all of those things that you mentioned are good enough to get a visa. One thing I took advantage of were the letters they allow you to attach. In those you can explain why he will come back to Mexico and how important it is to you both your baby being born in Canada and your SO being there at the moment of birth is important to you. The key to it is make sure you explain why his visit to Canada is temporary, why he will return to Mexico. Honestly my BF is 23 and no one thought we were going to get one, don't let the fear of them saying no stop you. It's better to at least try, no? Maybe try to include a copy of a flight itinerary (you can get one without actually purchasing the ticket) and things that will prove he is serious about returning.
Getting a visa can be very hard, even if you have money. You have to be very smart on the way you present your application. I applyed for one and it was denied. Nobody expect it to happen. If you want, you can send me an email so i can tell you what not to say in your application unless it is necesary. angelesrein@hotmail.com

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
Queen Mason said:
Getting a visa can be very hard, even if you have money. You have to be very smart on the way you present your application. I applyed for one and it was denied. Nobody expect it to happen. If you want, you can send me an email so i can tell you what not to say in your application unless it is necesary. angelesrein @ hotmail.com
I also don't think it's about the money, per say. I actually never mentioned anything about money, but to say it isn't apart of it would be untrue, it does help. If you read my previous post I talked about how the letter was one of the most important parts of the application since you get to explain why you want a visa, and in the multiple entry you can submit two letters. Maybe I was a little unclear, just trying to help the poster.

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrandmrsromero said:
Hey guys. Just back from a fabulous two weeks with my husband in Mexico. In the spirit of optimism: Happy New Year!

Brief update. I wrote to CSIS to inquire on background check status. Just got a letter back confirming that security screening was completed and sent to CIC on SEPTEMBER 28. Ummmm.....WHAT???? I emailed the embassy this morning quoting the CSIS response and asked for an update. Seriously folks, we are in purgatory.
Glad to hear you had a good time with hubby in Mexico. Have you heard back from the Embassy yet ? IF so what was their response? Also wonder in you have redone your meds yet ..... ours expire very soon and not sure how to proceed.

Thanks