+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

CanadaMex

Nov 24, 2013
Honestly i dont want to put my application in the red flag, do you guys suggest to leave and then she come to mexico and we get married?

Our reason to marry soon its because we are living together here in canada so it would be much easier.

CanadaMex

Nov 24, 2013
I just came home from talking to the lawyer and suggest me that my fiance should stay in canada and apply for spousal INSIDE canada and not outland since we are already together here. He also said that he can extend his status just for the fact that he would be married to a canadian citizen, doesn't matter if he has money or not. Then after 6 months he can get a Work Permit.

The guy who suggested me this lawyer told me is a very reliable one and not a "fuck around" type of lawyer.

diditink

Oct 2, 2013
Hello everyone, just wanted to keep you posted on my application. We applied in April 2013, got the sponsorship approved in May. Our file was transfered to Mexico in June. We has sent the VO an email mid August asking them if our file was in process. They replied saying it was waiting to be revised and could not tell us an approximate time of processing. We then waited patiently and last week we sent out another email asking them again if this time our file was opened. Our file is in Mexico for now nearly 6 months. They replied yesterday telling us again that our file is still waiting to be opened and processed and due to the strike they are unable to tell us when they will start working on it.
Can anyone tell me if they are going through the same situation? Should I be stressed about that? According to the 14 months process we still have 9 to go so maybe Im just panicking for nothing. Is it true that one they open the file it goes quite fast? Thanks a lot and hope to hear form your experiences.

gamyover

Apr 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
Doc's Request.
8-11-2013
AOR Received.
10-08-2013 CPC-M, 8-11-2013 Mexico VO
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Med's Done....
19-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
16-04-2014
diditink said:
Hello everyone, just wanted to keep you posted on my application. We applied in April 2013, got the sponsorship approved in May. Our file was transfered to Mexico in June. We has sent the VO an email mid August asking them if our file was in process. They replied saying it was waiting to be revised and could not tell us an approximate time of processing. We then waited patiently and last week we sent out another email asking them again if this time our file was opened. Our file is in Mexico for now nearly 6 months. They replied yesterday telling us again that our file is still waiting to be opened and processed and due to the strike they are unable to tell us when they will start working on it.
Can anyone tell me if they are going through the same situation? Should I be stressed about that? According to the 14 months process we still have 9 to go so maybe Im just panicking for nothing. Is it true that one they open the file it goes quite fast? Thanks a lot and hope to hear form your experiences.
I applied in July and I'll already got AOR and docs request, right now I'm waiting for the letter for the PGR certificate, I don't know how to do it but probably you should contact your MP to see what's going on with your file, because it usually takes like 3 months so they contact you after they got your file.

Is the principal applicant MExican?

gamyover

Apr 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
Doc's Request.
8-11-2013
AOR Received.
10-08-2013 CPC-M, 8-11-2013 Mexico VO
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Med's Done....
19-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
16-04-2014
CanadaMex said:
I just came home from talking to the lawyer and suggest me that my fiance should stay in canada and apply for spousal INSIDE canada and not outland since we are already together here. He also said that he can extend his status just for the fact that he would be married to a canadian citizen, doesn't matter if he has money or not. Then after 6 months he can get a Work Permit.

The guy who suggested me this lawyer told me is a very reliable one and not a "*censored word* around" type of lawyer.
First I think if your relationship is real, you don't have to be worried about proving you are not a marriage of convenience. If you have the way to prove you're been dating and together for the time you say, you should be fine. Plus he is going to come back to Mexico and not overstay his permit.

I don't know about extend his status because if he doesn't' prove he has more ties to MExico than to Canada he can be denied. Being married with a Canadian makes things worst when it's about getting a visa. Another thing if you're applying INSIDE Canada you have to be aware he can't leave the country for the time the process last so that's like 18 months or something, so if there's an emergency he has to remain in Canada as he may lost the whole application.

What they said about you ending up in yield that's not true, at least you make something illegal when you apply, like use fake documents or something like that.

diditink

Oct 2, 2013
gamyover said:
I applied in July and I'll already got AOR and docs request, right now I'm waiting for the letter for the PGR certificate, I don't know how to do it but probably you should contact your MP to see what's going on with your file, because it usually takes like 3 months so they contact you after they got your file.

Is the principal applicant MExican?
wow that's great for you! We don't have an MP, we're doing the process by ourselves from Panama. My husband is French-Panamanian and we applied for him as French. I guess I just have to wait. Will let you know when things move. Thanks

mark_kar

Aug 21, 2013
Hello Everyone

To those Canadians wanting marry Mexicans in Mexico please DON'T DO IT!

I married my wife here in Mexico City on Feb 19 2012 and I am still struggling to bring my wife to Canada .
It was the biggest mistake in my life.

We meet in Canada where our relationship developed. We were naive to think she would be able to obtain a Temp Visa.

The reality is the Mexican VISA OFFICE will probably not grant a TEMP VISA to a Mexican National if she is married to a Canadian.

So please marry INLAND.

My application has been for in process for 14 months now. I applied for my wife as sponsor Sept 2012.

We are continually being told that background checks are under way and "THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO RIGHT NOW"

Is there anyone out there in my position?

Thanks Mark K

santi693

Nov 27, 2013
Hi!

I have yet to hear anything from the Mexico office.
My dates are:

Visa Office: Mexico
App filed: July 16 2013.
AOR: Aug 1 2013.
File transfer: Aug 15 2013.
Med's done: April 19 2013.
Docs Request: N/A

I noticed some people applied after us, and they're file were sent to Mexico after ours.
But Mexico has not contacted us. Could our file be lost?

costacro

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
mark_kar said:
Hello Everyone

To those Canadians wanting marry Mexicans in Mexico please DON'T DO IT!

I married my wife here in Mexico City on Feb 19 2012 and I am still struggling to bring my wife to Canada .
It was the biggest mistake in my life.

We meet in Canada where our relationship developed. We were naive to think she would be able to obtain a Temp Visa.

The reality is the Mexican VISA OFFICE will probably not grant a TEMP VISA to a Mexican National if she is married to a Canadian.

So please marry INLAND.

My application has been for in process for 14 months now. I applied for my wife as sponsor Sept 2012.

We are continually being told that background checks are under way and "THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO RIGHT NOW"

Is there anyone out there in my position?

Thanks Mark K

I totally understand your frusturation. But since its the background check stage. It could be a possibility that her name is similiar to someone else who does have a criminal record or something along those lines and they have to make sure of that. It has happened to some people before. And also if your wife has any history woth immigration before you they also have to check everything. When is the last time they sent something to you? And have you ordered your notes? Its not just mexico its all over the world that the chance of the temp visa being issued to someone who is married and being sponsored by a canadian is very very low.

mark_kar

Aug 21, 2013
Thank you costarco

No I have not ordered my GCMS notes yet. I think its about time.

My wife was a undercover cop in Mexico city. She was directed by her bosses to extract a false ID (they call it an IFE)
to do an investigation. Apparently its common here.
She was charged and fined. That was the end of it. Her police bosses washed their hands of the situation. This all happened in 2008

Her Original Police Certificate "Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales" is clean

We were upfront and honest about it. The details, police reports etc were submitted with our application which is the reason why they launched an Mexican investigation with their so called Mexican partners. I am now thinking with CIC total honesty is not the best policy.

HELP Questions for anyone out their who is familiar with this sort of situation?

1. How does this impact our permanent residency application?

2. How does one order GCMS notes

Thanks Mark K

Cbn Cdn

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
October 9, 2013 [ ARC Requested ]
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 19, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2014 :)
Hi All,

My wife and I just got an Email from VO requesting my Passport :)

Good luck every one, trust me its working out faster for most of us...!!

Thanks for all your support in the forum :)

William and Afrodite

mrsnicflo

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-OCT-2012
Doc's Request.
RCMP and PGR: 05-APR-2013 IRB: 15-JUL-2013 ARC: 05-NOV-13
AOR Received.
05-APR-2013
File Transfer...
30-OCT-2012
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
28-AUG-2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
04-JAN-14
VISA ISSUED...
06-JAN-14
LANDED..........
07-JAN-14
Cbn Cdn said:
Hi All,

My wife and I just got an Email from VO requesting my Passport :)

Good luck every one, trust me its working out faster for most of us...!!

Thanks for all your support in the forum :)

William and Afrodite
congratulation! could you share how was your time line in the process, please!

Cbn Cdn

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 19, 2013
LANDED..........
mrsnicflo said:
congratulation! could you share how was your time line in the process, please!
Hi mrsnicflo,

Thanks for your wishes..!! ;)

My time line:

Rome VO received my file on March 4, 2013

Started processing my Application on July 8, 2013

Passport requested on November 28, 2013

mrsnicflo

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-OCT-2012
Doc's Request.
RCMP and PGR: 05-APR-2013 IRB: 15-JUL-2013 ARC: 05-NOV-13
AOR Received.
05-APR-2013
File Transfer...
30-OCT-2012
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
28-AUG-2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
04-JAN-14
VISA ISSUED...
06-JAN-14
LANDED..........
07-JAN-14
Cbn Cdn said:
Hi mrsnicflo,

Thanks for your wishes..!! ;)

My time line:

Rome VO received my file on March 4, 2013

Started processing my Application on July 8, 2013

Passport requested on November 28, 2013
what about your ARC?

Cbn Cdn

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 19, 2013
LANDED..........
mrsnicflo said:
what about your the ARC?
Rome VO received ARC application on October 7, 2013. Basically it took 53 days to approved it..!! :)