Waived
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
16-04-2014
Bibitte said:
Hi my friends! I almost finish the application! :) Congrats all the people who have been approved :) I hope to be in that step soon! ;D Send u a hug! Thanks all of u for so much help!
Hi is such a great feeling when you are about finishing to put everything together, well I just got AOR for stage 1, waiting for Sponsor Approval I think it'll take like to weeks or something like that.

Good luck :D

Bibitte

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Hi Gamyover! Really good news for u! :) are u applying for Quebec too? I am filling the forms but I don't feel the end, when I finish I will send all to my husband and check all by skipe for don't miss something ??? ??? ??? can u give me some advices????

nzk0

Star Member
Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/03/13
AOR Received.
10/04/13
Bibitte said:
Hi Gamyover! Really good news for u! :) are u applying for Quebec too? I am filling the forms but I don't feel the end, when I finish I will send all to my husband and check all by skipe for don't miss something ??? ??? ??? can u give me some advices????
I applied for Quebec, the only good advice I can give you on the top of my head is to apply for the CSQ right when you get the AOR :)

msprisci

Oct 29, 2012
Miami
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
03-06-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2013 Sponsorship Approval
Med's Done....
04-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
02-12-2013
nzk0 said:
I applied for Quebec, the only good advice I can give you on the top of my head is to apply for the CSQ right when you get the AOR :)
Totally agree with you! I got caught with that one because I did not do it right away... Immigration Québec takes 20+ days to send the response, and CIC only gives you 30 days to send the actual paper. Had to ask for an extension, which they never replied to, but I assumed they accepted it.

gamyover

Apr 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
Doc's Request.
8-11-2013
AOR Received.
10-08-2013 CPC-M, 8-11-2013 Mexico VO
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Med's Done....
19-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
16-04-2014
Bibitte said:
I know how that feels, I though I would never finish with all the filling out of forms, I took me four months working on it everyday since I came back from work, but when you finally send it it's such a great feeling.

So don't give up, and if you feel to much work is not making you think clear any more, then take a break, and then come back to work.

Make sure you're signing everything they ask you.

Oscar27

Mar 15, 2011
Mexico City
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Hello everyone!
GOOD NEWS!!

So, I just opened my email and I have 2 new emails from the embassy. One is the "AOR" with my application number on it. It's a PDF file describing the process. Again, I think this is only the AOR or a confirmation that they are currently working on my file.

The second PDF file is called exactly the same as my file number. In that letter they are asking me for additional documents:

• Original Police Certificates for Mexico
  • Evidence of intention to re-establish in Canada
  • Intent to Reside in Canada

I have a question regarding the word "re-establish"... Who is it referring to? Me or my Canadian wife? (She has been living with me in Mexico City for the last 2 years).

My next question is: When they write "Intent to reside in Canada"... again, who are they referring to?

For the "Evidence of intention to re-establish in Canada" they are asking for this: Please provide photocopies of one or more of the following documents, as applicable: job offer in Canada, property rental, agreement, employment contract, property deed, letter of acceptance by educational institution in Canada, mortgage of property, etc.

And for the "Intent to Reside in Canada" they are asking for this: Please provide a letter providing details of your plan to establish in Canada.

We have none of those. We provided a letter in our application explaining our intent to reside in Quebec, however, we didn't have any concrete proof, which is what they are asking for. To make matters worst, we have 60 days, as of today, to provide what they are asking for.

We are really worried because there's no way we could get any of the things they're asking for (which I wrote in red).

What can my wife and I do at this point?

Any help would be really appreciated !!!

CdnMxHusb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, I read that the hearing will be one day before the original date. It will be on Aug 21, which is better but still far away. My question is, what happens if they resolve in favor or against PASFO?
Does anyone know? Is that the end of the strike or do things continue on still?

Frida19

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2013
Doc's Request.
05-05-2013
AOR Received.
05-05-2013
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Request
ARC REQUEST 21-02-14 ARC SEND 26-02-14
Med's Done....
14-12-2012
Interview........
19-02-2014APPROVED
Passport Req..
26 -03-2014 PASSPORT SEND 26-03-14
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-14
LANDED..........
28-04-14
Oscar27 said:
Hello everyone!
GOOD NEWS!!

So, I just opened my email and I have 2 new emails from the embassy. One is the "AOR" with my application number on it. It's a PDF file describing the process. Again, I think this is only the AOR or a confirmation that they are currently working on my file.

The second PDF file is called exactly the same as my file number. In that letter they are asking me for additional documents:

I have a question regarding the word "re-establish"... Who is it referring to? Me or my Canadian wife? (She has been living with me in Mexico City for the last 2 years).

My next question is: When they write "Intent to reside in Canada"... again, who are they referring to?

For the "Evidence of intention to re-establish in Canada" they are asking for this: Please provide photocopies of one or more of the following documents, as applicable: job offer in Canada, property rental, agreement, employment contract, property deed, letter of acceptance by educational institution in Canada, mortgage of property, etc.

And for the "Intent to Reside in Canada" they are asking for this: Please provide a letter providing details of your plan to establish in Canada.

We have none of those. We provided a letter in our application explaining our intent to reside in Quebec, however, we didn't have any concrete proof, which is what they are asking for. To make matters worst, we have 60 days, as of today, to provide what they are asking for.

We are really worried because there's no way we could get any of the things they're asking for (which I wrote in red).

His oscar ,

I don´t know wat u could do in this case but here´s the link to a forum on fb about mexican spouses https://www.facebook.com/groups/442097089166742/

those are ppl that are/were in this process u could get an anwer in there :) just join it

Frida19

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2013
Doc's Request.
05-05-2013
AOR Received.
05-05-2013
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
14-12-2012
Interview........
19-02-2014APPROVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-14
LANDED..........
28-04-14
CdnMxHusb said:
Well, I read that the hearing will be one day before the original date. It will be on Aug 21, which is better but still far away. My question is, what happens if they resolve in favor or against PASFO?
Does anyone know? Is that the end of the strike or do things continue on still?
OMG ?? for real where did u read that ?? could u send me the link to it plz ?? I hope the strike ends this month nd they give them wat they want so they do their work happy

Frida19

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2013
Doc's Request.
05-05-2013
AOR Received.
05-05-2013
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
14-12-2012
Interview........
19-02-2014APPROVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-14
LANDED..........
28-04-14
Oscar27 said:
Hello everyone!
GOOD NEWS!!

btw thats awesome news seems like they are still working on our applications even tho they are on a strike !!!

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
Oscar,
that confuses me too, I don't know what the difference is between the two.
I saw you already joined the facebook page, so definatly ask on there because I know there is a few people on there that had to prove their intent to return to Canada, they probabaly have a better idea of what the difference is between the two!!
:)

Oscar27

Mar 15, 2011
Mexico City
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
LeisaP said:
Oscar,
that confuses me too, I don't know what the difference is between the two.
I saw you already joined the facebook page, so definatly ask on there because I know there is a few people on there that had to prove their intent to return to Canada, they probabaly have a better idea of what the difference is between the two!!
:)
Thanks a lot Leisa!!

Kazza

Feb 13, 2012
Mexico City
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Thanks for posting the link to the FB page, LeisaP, I just joined the group!

gamyover

Apr 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
Doc's Request.
8-11-2013
AOR Received.
10-08-2013 CPC-M, 8-11-2013 Mexico VO
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Med's Done....
19-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
16-04-2014
Oscar27 said:
Hello everyone!
GOOD NEWS!!

From the letter they send you I understand that the evidence they're asking is like stuff in paper that proves your wife is planning to come back to Canada and making arrangements for it. And the second thing they ask you is, like they say, a letter explaining the plans she got to start her new life in Canada with you, like explaining the evidence.

I've read in the forum somewhere that if she has nothing concrete, she can send a letter from some member of her family saying you'll stayed at her/his place while looking for a job and a place to stay.

But you definitely need some sort of evidence so they know she will be back for sure. Maybe posting your question in the forum will have more answers from people who knows more about the process or someone in the same situation (even if is a different VO).

I also think you can ask for an extension saying you need more time to gathering the papers they want, I wish I could help you more