+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

Bibitte

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Hello my friends :) I am so happy because I went for the medical :) I only need to finish my application and the traductions :) I hope to finish this week :) I feel better with all your support, you are so nice! I will give you my times after, now I have to finish the application and sent it :)

Bibitte

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
MSPRICI Merci bcp pour ton aide :) Je suis en train de finir les formulaires :) Je vais lire tout pour pouvoir remplir la demande :) Bonne journée :) Mon mari est quebecois :)

Bibitte

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
I have a question ??? ??? ??? ??? In 5659 Personal History I understand that there are not to be any gaps in the history, so those need to be accounted for with "unemployed" or what have you, but it's unclear to me how to account for periods of overlapping activity.
Can I write it like this:
2000/01 to 2000/10 school and job
2000/10 to 2001/5 job 1
2001/5 to 2012/07 job 2
or
2000/03 to 2000/11 job 1
2000/11 to 2000/ job 2

Any advice or previous experience of how best to handle this? Thanks a lot :)

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
Some strike news:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/diplomats-escalate-job-action-to-15-largest-missions-up-from-three/article13464577/

They basically say that services have been withdrawn from Mexico City all along - one of the three big ones they targetted first. Because negotiations broke down again, they withdrew services from another 15 embassies.

"The union has said that visa processing dropped 65 per cent in June at the three major processing centres targeted so far by the strike."

Don't fret though - they probably cut back on tourism/student/business visas before spousal sponsorship. We are applying from a fairly privileged position.

guanada

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
30-10-2013
AOR Received.
SA: 15-05-2013 VO: 29-10-2013
Med's Done....
16-04-2013; 14-04-2014
Passport Req..
16-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
May hopefully!
bttmntl said:
Some strike news:

They basically say that services have been withdrawn from Mexico City all along - one of the three big ones they targetted first. Because negotiations broke down again, they withdrew services from another 15 embassies

"The union has said that visa processing dropped 65 per cent in June at the three major processing centres targeted so far by the strike."

Don't fret though - they probably cut back on tourism/student/business visas before spousal sponsorship. We are applying from a fairly privileged position.

I wish I could not fret, but I believe that the opposite is true; tourism/student visas are being prioritized since their business (or lack thereof) is what's hurting the Canadian economy, I wouldn't expect any quick developments in our cases, at least not until the fall, when tourism season is over and the school semester has begun.

CdnMxHusb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I posted this as a topic but maybe some of you have some ideas. We need to do something!

I have read from others that we are just a file to them (Immigration) and that we all have a story and they dont care. It is so hard to believe this. They must have a family that they love and want to keep together. So do we!! They must have a heart.
I have read many cases, just like mine and I cant believe that they do not care about all these people. I need my family together again!
Would there be anything that we can do? Should we protest? Any Ideas?

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
Frida19 said:
Thats awesome , im also waiting to c wat will the next step be :p srry to ask but wat was the letter about ? :) good luck i hope ur done wit this Soon ! :D
ARC - "Authorization to Return to Canada" - is where you had a previous refugee claim in Canada that was rejected. Immigration asks you to send a letter explaining why you should be allowed to return along with a certified cheque/bank draft for $400 CAD processing fees. We wrote the letter in advance so it's ready to go if they ask us to do ARC. (Note: Anyone reading this should also be prepared with a copy of the decision document from the Immigration Review Board that explains the reason for rejecting you. It's around 7-9 pages.)

Bibitte said:
I have a question ??? ??? ??? ??? In 5659 Personal History I understand that there are not to be any gaps in the history, so those need to be accounted for with "unemployed" or what have you, but it's unclear to me how to account for periods of overlapping activity.
Can I write it like this:
2000/10 to 2001/5 job 1
2001/5 to 2012/07 job 2
or
2000/03 to 2000/11 job 1
2000/11 to 2000/ job 2

Any advice or previous experience of how best to handle this? Thanks a lot :)
I don't understand. You're showing different dates for job 1 in the two scenarios. Are you referring to the same job?

We didn't have any overlapping jobs to report, but if we did I think it would be important to show everything even if there isn't a clean sequence of events. Make sure there are no gaps in time - put "unemployed" if you weren't doing anything.

If you're feeling insecure about what you send, you can always include an additional page with your name, file number and the name of the form and number of question, to explain how you interpreted the ambiguous question. At least that way they can't accuse you of fraud.

guanada said:
I wish I could not fret, but I believe that the opposite is true; tourism/student visas are being prioritized since their business (or lack thereof) is what's hurting the Canadian economy, I wouldn't expect any quick developments in our cases, at least not until the fall, when tourism season is over and the school semester has begun.
Yes but don't forget... a lot of immigrants came here to be part of the economy and they want to bring their families. They're voters too and are going to ring the alarm if they are bumped to the end of the queue.

JimE2013

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-10-2013
File Transfer...
24-06-2013
Med's Done....
02-04-2013
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2014
LANDED..........
17-03-2014
I was approved as my wife's sponsor yesterday! :) I got an email from David Cohen's office saying the government has now sent our file to Mexico City. Then, I read about this strike. I really hope it doesn't delay things too much. :mad:

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
I Heard they are shutting down the visa offices completely and indefinatly. to the point where the visa offices will be locked so the officers cannot even enter the building.

did anyone hear anything else about this
or have any links they can share!!!

this is the worst news i have Heard yet!! im in shock
:(

costacro

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
This situation is beyond belief? Dont they care about the families and the poor children who are being affected by all of this. I am disgusted by what they are doing. LeisaP i have been following the actual pafso website where they post updates frequently an as of the friday update they are withdrawing and closing the mexico office as of monday. And thursday i rcv'd an email from my case specific enquiry and at the bottom they said not to reply because at this time they are no longer answering any enquiries.
http://www.pafso.com/index2.php

Frida19

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2013
Doc's Request.
05-05-2013
AOR Received.
05-05-2013
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Request
ARC REQUEST 21-02-14 ARC SEND 26-02-14
Med's Done....
14-12-2012
Interview........
19-02-2014APPROVED
Passport Req..
26 -03-2014 PASSPORT SEND 26-03-14
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-14
LANDED..........
28-04-14
So this means they wont be working on our applications ? :'( how can they do this to us we paid for all this , they are awful people !

costacro

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Yup thats what it looks like since they're withdrawing from the office and aPplications. How do you explain to little kids that their mom or dad aren't coming home anytime soon. Not that we paid for everything what about all of the medical exams that have expired due to this? Who is gonna cover that? Noone they will have the excuse of the strike and we will have to pay for re-medicals. On their website states that they are willing to go until the fall!!!! Like whats going to happen to all the families? This is the most stressful thing ever!!!!

CdnMxHusb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is not human. They dont care about anything. My daughter who is 6, will be 7 on Aug 16 wanted us to be together on her birthday. We are only waiting for them to ask for her passport.
I want my family together. My 2 sons want their mother here. My daughter wants me. My wife and I need to be together. They are killing us! If they dont care about families, I do!!!!
The goverment should authorize our wifes (Husbands) a special visa to come up while all this is fixed. I dont mind my wife waiting here with a visitors visa and wait for her PR. The main thing is to be together.
Someone, please help us.

spunkyspunky

May 3, 2013
this may not offer too much help (and i can't say i've been a regular contributor to this board because i think many of my issues were not as relevant as the ones being raised here) but last friday (as in two days ago) i received a letter from Immigration Canada requesting my prescence to (i quote):

"appear for an interview and to receive your Confirmation of Permanent Residence Document"

which i believe is, finally, the end of my process :)

super quick background and timeline:

- i'm in a same-sex (two guys, both of us Mexicans), 9-year relationship, living in Vancouver. my partner became a permanent resident as an investor in 2010 but i had to be removed from the process right at the very end because we didn't qualify for common-law status (i was on a student permit in Canada and he was a tourist so we had not lived under the same roof for 1 year, as specified by CIC). so we had to wait a year and apply again, this time only me.

- this was an in-Canada application. documents were sent to Vergeville, Alberta, on Nov, 2011. Dec 2011 i received my AOR

- only relevant thing that happened in 2012 (April) was that my file was transfered to the Vancouver backlog office.

- february 26th, 2013: the dreaded INTERVIEW

- march 20th, 2013: positive result from the interview, more waiting.

- may 22nd: letter requesting my med's and police certificate from mexico

- june 10th: both medicals were re-done and the SSP police certificate with a certified translation were sent. the documents to request the PGR's datos registrales were fedex'd to the Embassy in Mexico

- june 20th: my lawyer informs me the strike is going from bad to worse. if there's any chance to get the PGR police certificate before my deadline, i should do it ASAP.

- july 5th: PGR police certificate was translated and sent to them (ONE day before the deadline

- july 24th: letter requesting an interview to give me my Confirmation of Permanent Residence is received.

now, things i learnt which i hope i would've known sooner or that i hope someone would've told me. i'd say that the majority of this stuff will only make sense to those people doing in-Canada applications, but who knows, maybe somene will find this useful.

- their online system to check the status of your application is a piece of !@#$#!. up until right now, mine *still* says: Application Received and nothing more.

- easiest time to get someone to answer at the call centre are tues/weds REALLY EARLY in the morning

- to the best of my understanding, they're still asking for TWO (yes, TWO) police certificates: the local one from SSP (Secretaria de Seguridad Publica) and the federal one (Antecedentes de Datos Registrales) from the PGR. honestly, i was surprised of how EASY they are both to get. i needed to send my mom to get them for me. she said she got the SSP one in like 20 minutes the same day she went and the PGR one, although officially it takes 10 business days, was ready in 6. (she just kept calling asking for it until they told her it was in).

- AVOID.THE.EMBASSY. even when there is no strike going on, they still take their sweet time in processing things. the average time for the PGR certificate is over a month if you do it through them and just a few business days (as i mentioned) if you get it yourself.

- don't hesitate to contact your local Mexican Consulate/Embassy if you need help. i have to say i was happily surprised by how informed, efficient and helpful were the ladies at the Mexican Consulate here in Vancouver. i really owe them lots.

- for certified translations i used MOSAIC here in Vancouver, but i think they've got offices all around the country. i also owe them my life. i was really close on my deadline to submit the original and translation of the PGR, i explained the situation to the lady there and she had the friggin' translation done in like 2 hours!

- if you have to go through the dreaded INTERVIEW (god knows i was super nervous):

A.- please take the time to review your personal history with your partner. there are things (s)he may remember that you don't and vice-versa which the immigration officer may ask. the devil's in the details. example: my partner and i met online. my interviewer asked specifically on which webpage we both had met.

B.- if you're not legally married (like we both are) there is one thing the interviewer kept on asking: MONEY, MONEY MONEY. shared bank accounts? property? insurance? credit cards? show EVERYTHING, the more you show they better they feel.

C.- although the immigration officer who interviews you may decline, it is possible for your legal representative to be present. my lawyer requested that because he said if my application was denied, we'd sue

D.- speaking about suing, even though it is true that for inland applications and there are no appeals, what they don't tell you is that you can still SUE CIC in a federal court if you feel your application was wrongfully denied.

E.- after asking a couple of people and combining it with my own experience, there seems to be this very peculiar question (or a variant of it) that they ask often: "if i deny this application, what would you do?" it is no surprise your answer should be something along the lines of "fight it, and if fightining doesn't work, then we'll go somewhere else TOGETHER" <-- emphasis on STAYING TOGETHER ALWAYS. apparently, they're trying to catch if the person who has status in Canada would be willing to simply forget about his/her spouse if the process doesn't go through.

F.- just for gags know where EVERTHING is in the house. our interviewer tried to ask this trick question to my partner of what colour the shower curtain was... but we don't have shower curtains! we have crystal doors! and she tried to imply i had indeed mentioned a certain colour to throw him off! (which of course didn't work 'cuz he knew i wouldn't be that dumb to not remember we don't have shower curtains)

G.- know how the finances of the household are run. how much to you spend per month? how much for rent? mortgage? this was a life-saver because although i manage all the household stuff, i didn't know much about our mortgage and bank accounts and vice-versa, so both my partner and i needed to 'compare notes' so to speak to make sure we knew exactly how the house is ran.

in any case, those are my 2cents here. maybe they help, maybe the don't. but to be honest, i've been such a lurker of this board, reading, learning and staying updated that i figured this was the least i could do.

if anyone has any questions or comments, please feel free to drop me a line. even if it doesn't relate to this process but maybe my partner's one as an investor which was a whole other adventure on which i learnt A LOT about accounting and business practices in Canada and Mexico... :)

oh! and all same-sex folks out there! marriage fraud for same-sex couples is also on the rise, so make sure you're good at keeping paperwork of everything documenting your relationship with your significant other because CIC peeps are starting to get suspicious about our relationships as well :-(

Kazza

Feb 13, 2012
Mexico City
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Hi guys,
I went to the embassy last week to check the status of my application and they confirmed that the last thing they were working on was permanent residence applications. They were working on authorizing visas for people traveling to Canada this weekend. I had gone to the embassy before and this time there were way more people at the waiting room.The lady was super kind, she answered all my questions. I have mixed feelings about this situation as i am obviously affected by it, however I think it is not acceptable that the diplomatic staff of any country is underpaid, especially considering the volume of applications, information and decisions these immigration officers have to deal with. I wonder if a written letter to the government of Canada from all of us who are affected by the strike might put some kind of pressure?