Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Hi! His status in the US (being undocumented) will not affect his Canadian visa application AT ALL. My husband was illegal in the US from age 9 till this year. He is 32. Our application was very smooth and it wasn't an issue at all. Just make sure you choose Mexico City and not Buffalo for the visa office. Be honest - say he is undocumented, give all the real dates etc. The only thing that is different is that he has to do an FBI check if he hasn't already. If he has been in Mexico since he turned 18 then he will have to do the police clearance for Mexico too. I don't know anything about that since it wasn't required of my husband. Anyway we landed in August and it is awesome having my husband LEGAL!!! =) Good luck.

msprisci

Oct 29, 2012
Miami
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
03-06-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2013 Sponsorship Approval
Med's Done....
04-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
02-12-2013
canadiangirl78 said:
Hi! His status in the US (being undocumented) will not affect his Canadian visa application AT ALL. My husband was illegal in the US from age 9 till this year. He is 32. Our application was very smooth and it wasn't an issue at all. Just make sure you choose Mexico City and not Buffalo for the visa office. Be honest - say he is undocumented, give all the real dates etc. The only thing that is different is that he has to do an FBI check if he hasn't already. If he has been in Mexico since he turned 18 then he will have to do the police clearance for Mexico too. I don't know anything about that since it wasn't required of my husband. Anyway we landed in August and it is awesome having my husband LEGAL!!! =) Good luck.
Wow that sounds amazing, and quite reassuring honestly :) At the moment, we have photos, shared bank account, telephone bills, chat records, gym membership, shared utility bill, and some trips together. Did you guys send anything else that we're missing? We're very excited! Only thing is that we'll probably have to do the police certificates from Mexico because he only left when he was 19... But we did FBI already ;-) Thanks for your help!!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
msprisci said:
Wow that sounds amazing, and quite reassuring honestly :) At the moment, we have photos, shared bank account, telephone bills, chat records, gym membership, shared utility bill, and some trips together. Did you guys send anything else that we're missing? We're very excited! Only thing is that we'll probably have to do the police certificates from Mexico because he only left when he was 19... But we did FBI already ;-) Thanks for your help!!
Well you have come to the right place! I submitted my app before I found this forum. For proof of relationship, I only sent pictures. So sounds like you have lots of good proof. We also have a daughter together which supposedly helps a lot although that is not why we had her! =) Everyone else here can help with the Mexico police clearance.
You know he will be banned from the US for ten years when he leaves right? And even if he has a Canadian passport in three years he will still be banned.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
msprisci said:
Welcome to the forum msprisci :)

To chime in on the police certificate, you need two: one from the PGR and another one from the SSP. If you have family in Mexico City, they can process them for you (the PGR one anyone can process for you with a Power of Attorney but the SSP one only direct family can process - parents, siblings with the same two last names or uncles/aunts). Otherwise, the Canadian Embassy in Mexico has recently started processing them both for folks who live abroad and can't get someone else to process them. You'll need to send them a note explaining your situation and once they say they can do it for you send them the documents, photos, etc - the instructions at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/mexico.asp

Dazz13

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-10-2012
AOR Received.
5-10-2012
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Done....
8-11-2012
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 1st, 2013
LANDED..........
April 17, 2013
Its really hard to keep up...my wife sent the Police reports to the Embassy in DF on December 27th...we know from DHL (I think it was DHL but nevertheless I know she sent it with the correct courier...I wasnt listening :p) that they received it but we haven't seen any changes online. Last week I saw a few people get PPR's and they sent in their Police reports early December...so it seems as thought it took 4 or 5 weeks from the time they sent in the police reports. should we see an update online that shows they received the police report?

anyone?

davek1979

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2012
Doc's Request.
16-10-2012
AOR Received.
16-10-2012
Med's Request
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
Dazz13 said:
Its really hard to keep up...my wife sent the Police reports to the Embassy in DF on December 27th...we know from DHL (I think it was DHL but nevertheless I know she sent it with the correct courier...I wasnt listening :p) that they received it but we haven't seen any changes online. Last week I saw a few people get PPR's and they sent in their Police reports early December...so it seems as thought it took 4 or 5 weeks from the time they sent in the police reports. should we see an update online that shows they received the police report?

anyone?
Soon it will be your time. I am still waiting my wife and my time line are almost the same as Itscozey. We sent our police reports in late October and still nothing. We were told about 2 months from then give or take by our lawyer. Don't get discourage yet.

Dazz13

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-10-2012
AOR Received.
5-10-2012
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Done....
8-11-2012
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 1st, 2013
LANDED..........
April 17, 2013
davek1979 said:
Soon it will be your time. I am still waiting my wife and my time line are almost the same as Itscozey. We sent our police reports in late October and still nothing. We were told about 2 months from then give or take by our lawyer. Don't get discourage yet.
really? so everything is is done?

darn, now I'm worried...I thought we were at the end and were hoping they would just send us the PPR...

well, good luck to you...I hope you get the PPR soon!

msprisci

Oct 29, 2012
Miami
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
03-06-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2013 Sponsorship Approval
Med's Done....
04-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
02-12-2013
Little problem! While reviewing the list of documents to attach to our application, I saw citizenship certificate for family-members who are citizens of Canada. Does that include the sponsor; i.e. me the wife ? It would be a bit redundant...?! But if you guys know anything...!

bttmntl

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2013
msprisci said:
Little problem! While reviewing the list of documents to attach to our application, I saw citizenship certificate for family-members who are citizens of Canada. Does that include the sponsor; i.e. me the wife ? It would be a bit redundant...?! But if you guys know anything...!
Welcome to the forum! Are you looking at the sponsor's document checklist? If you are a Canadian citizen by birth you just need a photocopy of your birth certificate or passport ID page. The citizenship certificate, I believe, is for people who immigrated to Canada and became citizens. They won't have a Canadian birth certificate and may not have a passport.

Check out the guides too on this page which are lengthy but will answer a ton of questions about how to fill out the forms and help put your mind at ease:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
msprisci said:
You can never send in too much documentation. I sent my birth certificate and passport. I am Canadian born though. If you weren't Canadian born definitely send your citizenship certificate and passport. (copies)

Dazz13

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-10-2012
AOR Received.
5-10-2012
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Done....
8-11-2012
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 1st, 2013
LANDED..........
April 17, 2013
OhCanadiana or whoever can answer...

how is it possible that a person who has sent in their police report in October hasnt heard anything but 3 people that submitted their police reports in early December have received their PPR last week? can anyone explain this?

earlier today davek said "I am still waiting my wife and my time line are almost the same as Itscozey. We sent our police reports in late October and still nothing. We were told about 2 months from then give or take by our lawyer. Don't get discourage yet. "

did they already do all the other necessary paperwork...this really scares me and doesnt make sense??? I was thinking I'm close but now it doesnt necessarily appear that way...anyone?

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Every case is different. So try not to compare. It really means nothing so don't worry. Just try and distract yourself bc the wait can be tough.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiangirl78 said:
Every case is different. So try not to compare. It really means nothing so don't worry. Just try and distract yourself bc the wait can be tough.
Well said :)

There's several steps to an application - assessing relationship, background check, security check, possible validating documents - which all have to be completed before the decision can be taken and a PR issued. Depending on each person's specific situation each step can take a varying amount of time and the visa can't be issued until they are all done.

Hope for the best but brace yourself for a wait so you aren't disappointed and instead are thrilled when it arrives.

meeshy

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-10-2012 (PGR and SSP) 5-02-2013
AOR Received.
12-10-2012
File Transfer...
26-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
Dazz13 said:

anyone?
I sent everything end of november, and still nothing, no update on ecas or anything. It sucks but I guess that's normal.

Dazz13

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-10-2012
AOR Received.
5-10-2012
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Done....
8-11-2012
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 1st, 2013
LANDED..........
April 17, 2013
meeshy said:
I sent everything end of november, and still nothing, no update on ecas or anything. It sucks but I guess that's normal.
sent everything means what? are you just starting or did you mean police report?