+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
meeshy said:
If you dont mind, can you give me a little more info? Are you married, common-law or conjugal? What proof did you provide with your initial application?
common law. Lots of proof was provided but vo ignored most of it. Therefore, judge overturned decision on Appeal.

Unfortunately they do as they wish......sometime they (vo) wake up on the wrong side of the bed. How sad ! Where is the accountability ???. These are life changing decisions !!!!!

Anyway, I know we are close. Time to reduce the meds !!!!!!! Who will give me back the 3 years I have lost with my partner, let alone the depression and anxiety !!!!!

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
gsize said:
common law. Lots of proof was provided but vo ignored most of it. Therefore, judge overturned decision on Appeal.

Unfortunately they do as they wish......sometime they (vo) wake up on the wrong side of the bed. How sad ! Where is the accountability ???. These are life changing decisions !!!!!

Anyway, I know we are close. Time to reduce the meds !!!!!!! Who will give me back the 3 years I have lost with my partner, let alone the depression and anxiety !!!!!
Thats awful.. quite a few of us on the thread are applying common-law. It is hard to prove that you have infact cohabitated for one year, as well as are in a genuine relationship.. did they give your partner an interview?

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
mc1234 said:
Thats awful.. quite a few of us on the thread are applying common-law. It is hard to prove that you have infact cohabitated for one year, as well as are in a genuine relationship.. did they give your partner an interview?
yes an interview was given. My partner was living with me in Canada for 2 years. We had lots of proof (letters, pics, essays...you name it, we had it) We applied outland.

Dont worry too much......most cases are approved and I see many dont need interview. If you get an interview, you must stay strong and focused and dont let them intimidate you ! (my partner left in tears)

Yes, it has been a very long road for us, but I know in my heart my partner will be with me soon !!!!

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
gsize said:
yes an interview was given. My partner was living with me in Canada for 2 years. We had lots of proof (letters, pics, essays...you name it, we had it) We applied outland.

Dont worry too much......most cases are approved and I see many dont need interview. If you get an interview, you must stay strong and focused and dont let them intimidate you ! (my partner left in tears)

Yes, it has been a very long road for us, but I know in my heart my partner will be with me soon !!!!
Sorry to hear that :( Wishing you and your spouse a quick rest of the process .. :)

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
thanks so much....my member of Parliament has now been helping me They see I have no life left in my veins and no more tears. Good luck to you and all those wishing to come to Canada

meeshy

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-10-2012 (PGR and SSP) 5-02-2013
AOR Received.
12-10-2012
File Transfer...
26-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
gsize said:

How aweful! Hope everything wraps up soon for you.
How was your partner in Canada for 2 years? Work visa, studying?

jeduardo

Jan 16, 2012
Question:

I have a TRV valid for 6 years.
PPR requested on Novemeber 6th, 2012.
Once the PRV is issued, can I land using my PRV and then leave and go back using my TRV to enter? I am just curious.

Dazz13

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-10-2012
AOR Received.
5-10-2012
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Done....
8-11-2012
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 1st, 2013
LANDED..........
April 17, 2013
well, since I've only looked for an update 6 or 7 times today it struck me...should my wife have access to more or different info for our process? She is the one living in Mexico, but I don't recall them sending her any type of update...so is it only me that will be viewing these?

Time sure goes by slowly!!!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dazz13 said:
well, since I've only looked for an update 6 or 7 times today it struck me...should my wife have access to more or different info for our process? She is the one living in Mexico, but I don't recall them sending her any type of update...so is it only me that will be viewing these?

Time sure goes by slowly!!!
The sponsor actually sees more info than the applicant (since the sponsor sees both the sponsor and the applicant applications). E-case is not very reliable as it is not always reliably updated so don't place too much credence in the info you see on it - your application may have movement even if you don't see it directly.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeduardo said:
Question:

I have a TRV valid for 6 years.
PPR requested on Novemeber 6th, 2012.
Once the PRV is issued, can I land using my PRV and then leave and go back using my TRV to enter? I am just curious.
Congratulations on the PPR!

The Government of Canada offers Travel Documents at Embassies and Consulates if you have to travel out of Canada before you get your PR Card so you have proof of status to re-enter.

As context: after you land, you can re-enter Canada as a PR with the CoPR if you are at a border (e.g., if you drive). However, the trouble you would have is convincing a commercial transporter (e.g., airline) to let you travel because they face very heavy fines if they allow someone to enter Canada without appropriate proof os status (they can't rely on CoPRs as proof of status). While your TRV may still be in your passport and in a pinch you may be able to convince an airline to allow you to board based on it, it technically wouldn't be right to use and so I'd encourage you to get the Travel Document if you end up needing to travel out of Canada before receiving your PR Card.

Dazz13

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-10-2012
AOR Received.
5-10-2012
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Done....
8-11-2012
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 1st, 2013
LANDED..........
April 17, 2013
OhCanadiana said:
The sponsor actually sees more info than the applicant (since the sponsor sees both the sponsor and the applicant applications). E-case is not very reliable as it is not always reliably updated so don't place too much credence in the info you see on it - your application may have movement even if you don't see it directly.
but I'm a minumum of at the very least 5 months away...right? so maybe I should stop being so hopeful that by some miraculous way they'll be making any decisions on us any time soon?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dazz13 said:
but I'm a minumum of at the very least 5 months away...right? so maybe I should stop being so hopeful that by some miraculous way they'll be making any decisions on us any time soon?
You can indeed drive yourself nuts by checking e-cas incessantly. I'd make sure that your wife checks her e-mail and spam at least weekly to see when she receives her AOR (they are usually, though not always, e-mailed).

Before they take a decision, she'll need to get her PGR and SSP police certificates.

For the PGR one she'll need an original letter from the Candian Embassy in Mexico requesting it so patience is paramount. I also often suggest that folks send a pre-paid waybill to the Embassy so that they can overnight the letter - it used to be much more miss than hit that they used it, but now it seems much more hit than miss so you can send that in proactively and hope for the best (if it's sent regular mail it can take 6-8 weeks to arrive).

The SSP is a bit simpler. If she has any trips that take her to Mexico City, she can get her SSP certificate proactively since that one is only issued in Mexico City. Or, if she has direct family (parents, siblings that share her two last names per their birth certificates) she can start convincing them to get her SSP certificate for her.

You can see the instructions at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/mexico.asp and http://www.pgr.gob.mx/Servicios/Constancia/antecedentes%20registrales.asp . Other than that, patience is paramount. It can go faster than 5 months but don't hold your breath. Remember, this is a marathon, not a sprint and you want to be sane when your wife arrives :)

Dazz13

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-10-2012
AOR Received.
5-10-2012
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Done....
8-11-2012
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 1st, 2013
LANDED..........
April 17, 2013
OhCanadiana said:
You can indeed drive yourself nuts by checking e-cas incessantly. I'd make sure that your wife checks her e-mail and spam at least weekly to see when she receives her AOR (they are usually, though not always, e-mailed).

Before they take a decision, she'll need to get her PGR and SSP police certificates.

For the PGR one she'll need an original letter from the Candian Embassy in Mexico requesting it so patience is paramount. I also often suggest that folks send a pre-paid waybill to the Embassy so that they can overnight the letter - it used to be much more miss than hit that they used it, but now it seems much more hit than miss so you can send that in proactively and hope for the best (if it's sent regular mail it can take 6-8 weeks to arrive).

The SSP is a bit simpler. If she has any trips that take her to Mexico City, she can get her SSP certificate proactively since that one is only issued in Mexico City. Or, if she has direct family (parents, siblings that share her two last names per their birth certificates) she can start convincing them to get her SSP certificate for her.

ok, now I'm really confused...I just called her and she confirmed she already submitted the police report (certificate), the medical info (which has been documented as received), permission from other parent translated and notarized.

I am getting confused when you refer to PGR? SSP? I recall mentioning to you the other day that I wondered why people were sending in documents piece by piece...we submitted our total ducuments together...fully complete and fullt paid...I actually thought it was the only way to do it. So now you mentioned "she'll need an original letter from the Candian Embassy in Mexico requesting it" (requesting the PGR?)...I had no idea we were going to have to submit more information...thanks but...sheesh...now I'm a little bothered because i though it was basically done and just waiting to hear from them!

Thanks so much for your information and advice...I'm a worry wart! I try to do everything the first time and by the book, so I wasn't aware of this part...maybe its because it was something I didnt read in her portion of the paperwork!?!?

I appreciate your quick responses!

Dazz13

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-10-2012
AOR Received.
5-10-2012
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Done....
8-11-2012
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 1st, 2013
LANDED..........
April 17, 2013
I'm not doing a good job navigating through this site...so I'll post this again

To OhCanadiana

ok, now I'm really confused...I just called her and she confirmed she already submitted the police report (certificate), the medical info (which has been documented as received), permission from other parent translated and notarized.

I am getting confused when you refer to PGR? SSP? I recall mentioning to you the other day that I wondered why people were sending in documents piece by piece...we submitted our total ducuments together...fully complete and fullt paid...I actually thought it was the only way to do it. So now you mentioned "she'll need an original letter from the Candian Embassy in Mexico requesting it" (requesting the PGR?)...I had no idea we were going to have to submit more information...thanks but...sheesh...now I'm a little bothered because i though it was basically done and just waiting to hear from them!

Thanks so much for your information and advice...I'm a worry wart! I try to do everything the first time and by the book, so I wasn't aware of this part...maybe its because it was something I didnt read in her portion of the paperwork!?!?

I appreciate your quick responses!