File Transfer...
17-05-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
05-03-2019
Interview........
10-03-2020
I swear immigration sucks the last bit of niceness and patience right out of us everyday!!
We request an update on our 2 years application ,because since we re did out medical last month we heard nothing, so we request that update on Monday Via web forum from Trinidad VO, recieved an email today saying how they’re working with reduced Operating capacity Hence ALL application are currently delayed in processing Which is understandable. But I mean how long does it takes to send a PPR letter & finalize a application that’s been waiting for two years & counting,since it’s “with an officer.”

I get everyone’s application is different etc but I thought in these times especially With covid etc ,immigration is suppose to be all about reuniting love ones, rather than making refugees priority, make the CITIZENS & their family priority!! Smh.
My patience & faith is both hanging by a thread!

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
I swear immigration sucks the last bit of niceness and patience right out of us everyday!!
We request an update on our 2 years application ,because since we re did out medical last month we heard nothing, so we request that update on Monday Via web forum from Trinidad VO, recieved an email today saying how they’re working with reduced Operating capacity Hence ALL application are currently delayed in processing Which is understandable. But I mean how long does it takes to send a PPR letter & finalize a application that’s been waiting for two years & counting,since it’s “with an officer.”

I get everyone’s application is different etc but I thought in these times especially With covid etc ,immigration is suppose to be all about reuniting love ones, rather than making refugees priority, make the CITIZENS & their family priority!! Smh.
My patience & faith is both hanging by a thread!
We got the same email from POS...so frustrating.

• Sad
Reactions: MrIncredible

Samsun

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
My wife will repass the Medical Exam they need to finish the file on Saturday !

Damn period at the wrong timing haha

For those who didnt know , for medical the PA (if it's a women) need to have finished her "period" since 5 days , nor before as some lab won't be accepted like pee exam and such.
Of course, the urine will get contaminated. The secretary told me when i called to book appointment for us. I guess yours did not remind you.

MrIncredible

Jan 28, 2019
Guyana
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Trinidad VO
App. Filed.......
30-07-2018
Doc's Request.
26-11-2018
AOR Received.
21-11-2018
File Transfer...
17-05-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
05-03-2019
Interview........
10-03-2020
We got the same email from POS...so frustrating.
Yea it is very frustrating.
Waiting and waiting an waiting.....
How long more??
All POS should start doing with the whatever little staff they have , is to finalize application and push them away . So simple man. They say background checks take one week the least. Then why the hold up?
We’re all real People with real lives.

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Yea it is very frustrating.
Waiting and waiting an waiting.....
How long more??
All POS should start doing with the whatever little staff they have , is to finalize application and push them away . So simple man. They say background checks take one week the least. Then why the hold up?
We’re all real People with real lives.
Well at least you are only waiting for that. They keep telling us we still need an interview. For WHAT??? And HOW? Makes me want to tear my hair out. I can't believe with 10 years and thousands of pages of evidence they are going to insist on this. It makes me feel so depressed. I really wish you godspeed. They should be able to finalize your file easily. Do you know what your bring forward date is/was? We had one for August 1st, and the back channel agents in Ottawa told my MPs office that this could mean it will take another month after that date to review our file again.

• Sad

MrIncredible

Jan 28, 2019
Guyana
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Trinidad VO
App. Filed.......
30-07-2018
Doc's Request.
26-11-2018
AOR Received.
21-11-2018
File Transfer...
17-05-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
05-03-2019
Interview........
10-03-2020
Well at least you are only waiting for that. They keep telling us we still need an interview. For WHAT??? And HOW? Makes me want to tear my hair out. I can't believe with 10 years and thousands of pages of evidence they are going to insist on this. It makes me feel so depressed. I really wish you godspeed. They should be able to finalize your file easily. Do you know what your bring forward date is/was? We had one for August 1st, and the back channel agents in Ottawa told my MPs office that this could mean it will take another month after that date to review our file again.
Oh wow .10 years is a lot.
They shouldn’t even put u guys in that position, yours should’ve been such an easy application to process because of age & experience.
Smh immigration huh.
I pray tho that u will get your news very soon man, I know the feeling, it is the worst . Don’t worry let’s see what happened before this month ends.

• Love
Reactions: laleona

FVPupnorth

Feb 2, 2019
Category........
FAM
To request the information I think you just need the permission of accompanying parent? If you have dependents that aren't biologically yours then I'm assuming you already included in your application a custody agreement which gives custody to your wife. I would just fill out the form. If the dependents are under 18 then have your wife sign. So at the top you are representative. Applicant is your wife and she signs. Then use the other available spaces for dependents and have your wife sign for the dependents. Use a bright blue ink. I found that a scanned copy works if the ink is very obviously blue lol. Your wife will have to print and sign and scan and send to you. I know the scanners in Ecuador leave it very faded and we had to use a very bright blue.

If you want to be safe and include the biological father I would put him in related individual section as it asks the relation to the applicant. I would only submit the one form and not do a second one for the biological father. Definitely don't put the biological father as the applicant.
That permission form is good for one year. It says right at the bottom of the form, so at least you don't have to get another signed anytime soon. Good luck!

A&G

Jan 20, 2019
Thanks Mitch55555,
Your explanation covers all
My questions, I already sent the form to my wife and asked her to sign for her daughter.
Good Luck

Reactions: Mitch55555

EmeraldEyes

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Calgary / Spouse in St. Vincent
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Nov 13, 2018
Doc's Request.
Aug 5, 2019
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2019
File Transfer...
June 14, 2019. Transferred to Trinidad from Mexico on Feb 22, 2021
Med's Request
Feb 19, 2019
Med's Done....
March 2, 2019
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
Well I've decided that I'm gonna go see my husband in St. Vincent this October. Flights resumed to his country once a week and I managed to ask my boss for even more time off work to go visit him (not easy asking for time off when you've already had 2 months off). I'm hoping we have no set backs this fall with COVID and it doesn't affect air travel. Also, I hope immigration sees that were still trying to maintain a relationship during a world pandemic and that its a legitimate relationship. I've sent them copy of my return flight and they acknowledged the receipt of that. I'll send them copies of my passport when I return home, showing the stamps of entry.

We're also working on applying for a TRV for my husband. I'm hoping that we can convince them that he'll leave when required to do so. Obviously we don't want to jeopardize our sponsorship application by him over staying his allowed time. I haven't seen my Husband since Aug 2018. We initially planned for me to go down again in the summer of 2019, but we decided not to waste money on flights because we expected his application to be approved by Nov 2019.. Now we totally regret not taking the time to be together. If you're thinking about visiting your spouse/children, just do it. Don't wait like we did.

For those who are just starting the process, be prepared to wait. Mexico VO was slow way before the pandemic. I don't think there's an incentive for them to work quickly and get applications processed.

(I hate how this process has made me so cynical)

Jan 21, 2020
Well I've decided that I'm gonna go see my husband in St. Vincent this October. Flights resumed to his country once a week and I managed to ask my boss for even more time off work to go visit him (not easy asking for time off when you've already had 2 months off). I'm hoping we have no set backs this fall with COVID and it doesn't affect air travel. Also, I hope immigration sees that were still trying to maintain a relationship during a world pandemic and that its a legitimate relationship. I've sent them copy of my return flight and they acknowledged the receipt of that. I'll send them copies of my passport when I return home, showing the stamps of entry.

We're also working on applying for a TRV for my husband. I'm hoping that we can convince them that he'll leave when required to do so. Obviously we don't want to jeopardize our sponsorship application by him over staying his allowed time. I haven't seen my Husband since Aug 2018. We initially planned for me to go down again in the summer of 2019, but we decided not to waste money on flights because we expected his application to be approved by Nov 2019.. Now we totally regret not taking the time to be together. If you're thinking about visiting your spouse/children, just do it. Don't wait like we did.

For those who are just starting the process, be prepared to wait. Mexico VO was slow way before the pandemic. I don't think there's an incentive for them to work quickly and get applications processed.

I cannot go to see my husband due to covid

MrIncredible

Jan 28, 2019
Guyana
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Trinidad VO
App. Filed.......
30-07-2018
Doc's Request.
26-11-2018
AOR Received.
21-11-2018
File Transfer...
17-05-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
05-03-2019
Interview........
10-03-2020

I am happy you’re gonna to see him, that’s great. and that has been really long Also.
I pray all goes well your way.
flights are resuming here in Guyana September 1st so if I can’t make it to Canada for Christmas then we too are hoping for him to come visit me in Guyana and spend the holidays here.
Because just like Mexico, Trinidad too is very slow.

Jan 21, 2020
I am happy you’re gonna to see him, that’s great. and that has been really long Also.
I pray all goes well your way.
flights are resuming here in Guyana September 1st so if I can’t make it to Canada for Christmas then we too are hoping for him to come visit me in Guyana and spend the holidays here.
Because just like Mexico, Trinidad too is very slow.
Really Guyana is opening up

MrIncredible

Jan 28, 2019
Guyana
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Trinidad VO
App. Filed.......
30-07-2018
Doc's Request.
26-11-2018