+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
ECAS
Sponsorship application status: Decision Made
When I press on "Decision Made" I get the following information.
- We received your application to sponsor xxxxx on September 6, 2018.
- We started processing your application on December 11, 2018.
- We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 17, 2019.

Permanent residence application status: In Process
When I press on "In Process" I get the following information.
- We received xxxxx's application for permanent residence on September 6, 2018.
- We sent xxxxx's correspondence on December 18, 2018. If xxxxx's has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have xxxxx's do so as soon as possible. Please wait until xxxxx's receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
-We sent xxxxx's medical instructions on January 12, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
-Medical results have been received.
-We started processing xxxxx's application on March 1, 2019.
-We sent xxxxx's correspondence acknowledging receipt of xxxxx's application(s) on March 12, 2019.

Since March 12, 2019. I pretty much pestered them few times now. Emailed twice to mexico, called IRCC twice and local MP. Yeah I'm annoying.

AmandaSA

Jun 22, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
How does this interview thing work? What happens if my wife from Venezuela need interview? I was told Bogota will be the VO she needs to go to. But is it like Dominican? Every 6 months are so there's interview available?
You won't need an interview, you would have already been transferred to Bogota, there is a guy from September from Venezuela who was asked for an interview and his application was transferred to Bogota in May, so don't worry about that.

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
You won't need an interview, you would have already been transferred to Bogota, there is a guy from September from Venezuela who was asked for an interview and his application was transferred to Bogota in May, so don't worry about that.
ahhhh, isn't every case different though? my marriage is a lot different compared to others. I had my civil wedding with my wife in argentina with no family member there in september 2016. only two witness and translator there with us. In my mind I keep thinking CIC is questioning our relationship because we took a long time to submit our application. Submitted in September 2018 and married in September 2016, also went to Lima, Peru to see her three more times between 2016 and 2018.

AmandaSA

Jun 22, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
ahhhh, isn't every case different though? my marriage is a lot different compared to others. I had my civil wedding with my wife in argentina with no family member there in september 2016. only two witness and translator there with us. In my mind I keep thinking CIC is questioning our relationship because we took a long time to submit our application. Submitted in September 2018 and married in September 2016, also went to Lima, Peru to see her three more times between 2016 and 2018.
You give yourself bad energies, do not be thinking about that. Our thoughts attract the things that happen

Reactions: glen1990

tango47

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
ECAS
Sponsorship application status: Decision Made
When I press on "Decision Made" I get the following information.
- We received your application to sponsor xxxxx on September 6, 2018.
- We started processing your application on December 11, 2018.
- We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 17, 2019.

Permanent residence application status: In Process
When I press on "In Process" I get the following information.
- We received xxxxx's application for permanent residence on September 6, 2018.
- We sent xxxxx's correspondence on December 18, 2018. If xxxxx's has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have xxxxx's do so as soon as possible. Please wait until xxxxx's receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
-We sent xxxxx's medical instructions on January 12, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
-Medical results have been received.
-We started processing xxxxx's application on March 1, 2019.
-We sent xxxxx's correspondence acknowledging receipt of xxxxx's application(s) on March 12, 2019.

Since March 12, 2019. I pretty much pestered them few times now. Emailed twice to mexico, called IRCC twice and local MP. Yeah I'm annoying.
Yeah, I've written to MexCity twice now within a month even though they say not to bother them until the 12 months are up. Here are their 2 replies:

1. Please note that due to fluctuations in volume of applications, our processing times may vary.
Be assured that all efforts are being made to keep the processing time as short as possible.
Please monitor your email closely in case you are contacted by our office for additional information.
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

2. Your application is in process and in queue for background check. At the moment, there is no need for further action on your part. Our office will contact you should we require additional information or documents.
Thank you for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

The usual bureaucratic form response. But it's interesting that I asked them as to why the BGC hadn't started yet and today the status changed to BGC is in progress. So I think that contrary to what they say, a lot of further action is needed on our parts. I contacted my MP and his office should get a reply from them in the next week or so. One has to be proactive. Calling the IRCC is a waste of time after the application is transferred. They have no useful information.

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
Yeah, I've written to MexCity twice now within a month even though they say not to bother them until the 12 months are up. Here are their 2 replies:

1. Please note that due to fluctuations in volume of applications, our processing times may vary.
Be assured that all efforts are being made to keep the processing time as short as possible.
Please monitor your email closely in case you are contacted by our office for additional information.
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

2. Your application is in process and in queue for background check. At the moment, there is no need for further action on your part. Our office will contact you should we require additional information or documents.
Thank you for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

The usual bureaucratic form response. But it's interesting that I asked them as to why the BGC hadn't started yet and today the status changed to BGC is in progress. So I think that contrary to what they say, a lot of further action is needed on our parts. I contacted my MP and his office should get a reply from them in the next week or so. One has to be proactive. Calling the IRCC is a waste of time after the application is transferred. They have no useful information.
I got similar respond from them, comment number 1.

Sorry I can't remember your timeline. But that's good your own on your background check. Does that usually means you don't need interview?

Please let me know if the MP is true and accurate compared to what Mexico say about the background check.

tango47

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
I got similar respond from them, comment number 1.

Sorry I can't remember your timeline. But that's good your own on your background check. Does that usually means you don't need interview?

Please let me know if the MP is true and accurate compared to what Mexico say about the background check.
She doesn't need an interview, biometrics nor additional documents. I suspect that the BGC may really have begun a while back but the account was updated just now.

juanpolancodr

Jan 19, 2019
Hello,

I am a permanent resident applicant

I am going to land for the first time tomorrow July 19 in Canada and I would like to know what are the questions they are going to ask me at the airport.

Reactions: michyme

RB4E

Apr 6, 2019
Visa Office......
México
App. Filed.......
September 7, 2018
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
07-09-2018
File Transfer...
2019/02-14
Med's Request
17-12-2018
Med's Done....
18-12-2018
Interview........
Invited on November 15 for Dec 2, 2019 Interview
Passport Req..
December 9,2019
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 17,2019
LANDED..........
December 30th,2019
Hello,

I am a permanent resident applicant

I am going to land for the first time tomorrow July 19 in Canada and I would like to know what are the questions they are going to ask me at the airport.
Are you under spousal sponsorship? Would you care to share your time line/ journey?
How did arrival go??
Congratulations to you and Welcome to Canada!

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
@Lisaroberts how was the interview? Did he get approved?

Janeth7789

Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
Hi there,

Just wanted to get an idea of who is still waiting for transfer. I've seen it's pretty all over the place, are there still Nov/ Dec applicants waiting for transfer to Mexico?

Anyone from Jan, Feb or March received anything yet?

mari5

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
Hi there,

Just wanted to get an idea of who is still waiting for transfer. I've seen it's pretty all over the place, are there still Nov/ Dec applicants waiting for transfer to Mexico?

Anyone from Jan, Feb or March received anything yet?
December 14th applicant here! Still waiting for transfer :(