+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

epanda

May 31, 2018
Extract from:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html#expect

Step 8: After you submit your application
Communicating with IRCC
There are several ways we may communicate with you:

• Through your (or your representative’s) online account: We recommend that you or your authorized paid representative (if applicable) create an online account and link your paper application to that account. Once an application has been linked to an online account, we will send correspondence there. This makes communication easier, more secure, and quicker and will allow you or your representative to get more detailed application status information and to receive mail from us online. Using online services will ensure that you receive any correspondence (including medical forms and other requests) from us almost immediately after we send it to you. This will allow us to input your responses directly into your application for timely review. Get more information about how to link your paper application to your online account.
  • E-Mail: If you or your representative provide us with an e-mail address when you apply, this will be our primary means of contacting you, unless your application is linked to an online account.
  • Mail: If your application is not linked to an online account and no e-mail is provided, we will send all correspondence to the most up-to-date mailing address we have on file.
Do not attempt to link your application to your personal online account if you have appointed a representative. If you have appointed a representative and attempt to link your application to your own online account, you will have to cancel your representative before you can link.

If you have an authorized paid representative, they can link your application to their own online account instead.

Unpaid representatives cannot use online accounts. If you have an unpaid representative, you should remind them to regularly monitor their e-mail and mail to ensure correspondence is received.
As the sponsor I was able to link it to my account.

bergy2018

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
AOR Received.
2018-03-09
As the sponsor I was able to link it to my account.
So, even though you are the unpaid representative of the applicant, you were able to create an online account and to link your paper aplication to that account???

??? Then why IRCC would write in their Guide 5525 that an unpaid representative cannot use online account ???

??? Even while being the unpaid representative, this representative can link to an account because he is the sponsor ???

Does anyone please could tell me if I can yes or no link our paper application to an online account if I am at the same time the unpaid representative and the sponsor???o_O

I certainly do not want the mess up with linking account if it cannot be done.o_O

thanks for your reply. Help withbthis matter would be greatly appreciated.:)

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
So, even though you are the unpaid representative of the applicant, you were able to create an online account and to link your paper aplication to that account???

??? Then why IRCC would write in their Guide 5525 that an unpaid representative cannot use online account ???

??? Even while being the unpaid representative, this representative can link to an account because he is the sponsor ???

Does anyone please could tell me if I can yes or no link our paper application to an online account if I am at the same time the unpaid representative and the sponsor???o_O

I certainly do not want the mess up with linking account if it cannot be done.o_O

thanks for your reply. Help withbthis matter would be greatly appreciated.:)
You can link. But note if the applicant has linked then you will not be able to. I was the unpaid rep and sponsor and i linked.

bergy2018

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
AOR Received.
2018-03-09
You can link. But note if the applicant has linked then you will not be able to. I was the unpaid rep and sponsor and i linked.
Thanks a lot for your answer. I shall link our paper work to an online account.:)

I should come back with my experience so as to help anyone having the same beleiving. ???

??? If i have paid the fees online, have I done this through a GcKey???o_O

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016, AOR2 (RPRF req) 04/04/2017
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2016 and passed, redone 16-11-2017
Interview........
26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
I will request them right away. ;)

It looks like it will take 4 to 6 weeks to get these notes.... :(

They are asking for a «file number» which is actually the «Application» number ... ex : F000111111

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/
My background check never got updated and we got approved, only after that they updated it.
Gckey is an account you create, its similar to My account with the CRA... u prob did not create one when you paid.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Thanks a lot for your answer. I shall link our paper work to an online account.:)

I should come back with my experience so as to help anyone having the same beleiving. ???

??? If i have paid the fees online, have I done this through a GcKey???o_O
i think paying fees is another account... i cant remember it was so long ago im so sorry!

bergy2018

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
AOR Received.
2018-03-09
i think paying fees is another account... i cant remember it was so long ago im so sorry!
I have tried to link my paper application to an online account.

1) Got a GcKey
2) Got the account

3) Tried to link the paper application to the online account..... It cannot link They say there is no match. Pretty sure I am not making any mistake.
What could be wrong ?

MC10

Jan 26, 2019
Check the number of people in the application, make sure you count the sponsor also. Also check the spelling of your name, should be spelled exactly as you spelled it on your application, include capitals, might help.

bergy2018

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
AOR Received.
2018-03-09
Check the number of people in the application, make sure you count the sponsor also. Also check the spelling of your name, should be spelled exactly as you spelled it on your application, include capitals, might help.
Thanks for your help.

Application: Family class - Spouse - Outland

I live in Canada and I am a canadian.

I am the sponsor of the applicant.

I am also the unpaid representative of the applicant.

We have one children - He is already registered as canadian citizen.

I have made different requests to link the application to an online account.

Each time it would say - No Document Match.

Sure the spellings are correct. Even the capitals.

In the number of people in the applicantion, I have tried : 1 (Applicant), 2 (App + Sponsor), 3 (App + Sponsor + Children)
As I understand it should be 2 (App + Sponsor) because our children is already canadian.

What could be wrong ? Is it because I am the unpaid representative ?

I beleive that I have been misleaded by some other posts. Reading the following extract, I understand that only the applicant can link their paper applicantion to an online account. But if they have a representative they cannot. As well, an unpaid representative cannot link the application.

Applicant has an unpaid rep ... No link possible ???

Extract from:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html#expect

Step 8: After you submit your application
Communicating with IRCC

Do not attempt to link your application to your personal online account if you have appointed a representative. If you have appointed a representative and attempt to link your application to your own online account, you will have to cancel your representative before you can link.

If you have an authorized paid representative, they can link your application to their own online account instead.

Unpaid representatives cannot use online accounts. If you have an unpaid representative, you should remind them to regularly monitor their e-mail and mail to ensure correspondence is received.

Last edited:

bergy2018

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
AOR Received.
2018-03-09
Yes the GCSM notes you can order them to get detailed information about your application
I have requested these notes this weekend. I got the following reply:

We regret to inform you that we are unable to process your request for the following reason:

· The consent of [ Applicant ] is required to process your request and allow us to release their information to you.

Therefore I have to fill up a form (5744) send it to the applicant, have it signed and return it to ATIP... All this in 30 days... :mad::mad::mad:

Lisaroberts

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
February 2 2018
AOR Received.
Aor may......AOR2 October 28
File Transfer...
May 18 2018
Med's Request
March 28 2018
Med's Done....
Passed
Ok app received feb 2 2018. Mexico visa office. No word. Lawyer sent email Friday to ask what our status is..... they replied saying please consider your application is in queue for interview??? Ok that would make sense if I didn’t already know that people with apps after mine in the same VO had interviews today and got Visas. Would it not make sense that we would have had interview today as well? Our husbands are from same country. Dominican. Their wording....Please Consider??? Does that mean that it is not for sure?? Any insight would be helpful. I’m so upset and confused.thank you.

Bob1321

Jul 8, 2017
Ok app received feb 2 2018. Mexico visa office. No word. Lawyer sent email Friday to ask what our status is..... they replied saying please consider your application is in queue for interview??? Ok that would make sense if I didn’t already know that people with apps after mine in the same VO had interviews today and got Visas. Would it not make sense that we would have had interview today as well? Our husbands are from same country. Dominican. Their wording....Please Consider??? Does that mean that it is not for sure?? Any insight would be helpful. I’m so upset and confused.thank you.

When they start process in Mexico? At the same time than the other?
Because maybe you send on February 2 but they start process more late in Mexico than the other

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
It means you guys willhave an interview in the next round at the embassy

Lisaroberts

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
February 2 2018
AOR Received.
Aor may......AOR2 October 28
File Transfer...
May 18 2018
Med's Request
March 28 2018
Med's Done....
Passed
It means you guys willhave an interview in the next round at the embassy
What if I don’t live in his country? How do I do interview?

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.